• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trade In 3DS Get PS Vita For As Low As 149.99 At Best Buy

Mengetsu

Mock if old.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Special-Offers/pcmcat8400050004.c?id=pcmcat8400050004

Limit one per customer. Maximum trade-in value is $100 for a Nintendo 3DS in good condition. Trade-in value may vary depending on condition and functionality of your portable gaming device. Payment is by Best Buy gift card. You will be required to agree to the terms and conditions. No dealers. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade in for any reason.

In store only. 3DS must be in working condition to there standards to get the full 100.00 trade in value and it will be in a gift card.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
009.gif

My roommate is going to jump for joy at this he realllllly regrets buying a 3DS at launch

I get it when he got it last year, but what's the point of reselling it now, once 3DS is starting to get good games? You will still need to wait a while for Vita to get any system-sellers.

Door2Dawn

Banned
I guess its good for those who absolutely have to have the vita and don't want to wait for a price drop. Seems foolish to sell the 3DS when they're a lot of good games coming out for it this year though.

Kazerei

Banned
I never understand why people would do these deals when they can just sell through Kijiji/Craigslist and get more value.

sphinx

the piano man
This is stupid, specially if you bought a 3DS at full price, it will just mean you bought a VERY expensive Vita.

Launch 3DS= $250
Vita= $250

trade-in value of $100

Total money spent = $400 and just one handheld in your hands, moronic any way you put it.

I'm just fucking waiting this time. I refuse to purchase a system on release now, unless they're games worth purchasing that aren't 7 months after it's released.

I get it when he got it last year, but what's the point of reselling it now, once 3DS is starting to get good games? You will still need to wait a while for Vita to get any system-sellers.

He'll just do the weird, financially ignorant thing of buying a 3DS later. For more money.

This type of ADHD in gamers astounds me. Patience, bro.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'll never trade in my ambassador 3DS for $100. I got my Vita for $100 with Amazon credits.

Wouldn't that be in your download history though? Should be possible to download again, or else just keep the memory card for the revision model wouldn't it?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wouldn't that be in your download history though? Should be possible to download again, or else just keep the memory card for the revision model wouldn't it?
Hah! If only Nintendo made it that simple.

Games are tied to handhelds/consoles, not accounts.

DR2K

Banned

There are no accounts on the 3DS, they're locked to the system. You can transfer them over though.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Oh my god i think i see some unique original opportunities for some comedy regarding vita doom in here!

This is stupid, specially if you bought a 3DS at full price, it will just mean you bought a VERY expensive Vita.

Launch 3DS= $250
Vita= $250

trade-in value of $100

Total money spent = $400 and just one handheld in your hands, moronic any way you put it.

Well obviously that person also got to have a 3DS for close to year with more than enough time to decide for themselves if they want to keep it or not. Anyway, any time a new device comes out stores always offer trade in programs with the next most recent device.

Raw64life

I've been thinking about trading in my 3DS for a while, but it wouldn't be for a Vita, as I had a Vita pre-ordered but then cancelled it. Main thing keeping me from trading in my 3DS is that I plan to get the inevitable redesign and am unsure how I'd go about saving all my stuff. Is it as simple as copying my SD card onto my computer?

Branson

Wow, whats with all of the Vita hate? Strange coming from a positive thread like the OT Vita one and into another. Not getting rid of my 3DS though, first nintendo system I've owned since 64 and loving it.

- J - D -

I'm gonna trade in my Vita for a 3DS Lite, then my 3DS Lite for a Vita 2000, then my Vita 2000 for a 3DS XL, and then my 3DS XL for a Vita Go.

Vicious cycle.

Top Bottom