• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Cant wait to watch Return of the Jedi tonight.

Watched all of the OT with some months distance since I saw Rogue One in the cinema (with New Hope on the next day of course). So now its time for RotJ, before seeing TFA on the weekend before The Last Jedi

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm saving my re-watch for when we're closer to release, this time I'm gonna watch them in chronological order for shits and giggles. Been wanting to do watch Rogue One right before A New Hope for a while.

I watched Rogue One the other day after I bought the K2SO Hot Toy. Then this morning, before work, I was feeding my son Luke his bottle and I put on TFA and Got to the party where Han and Chewie show up. Rey and Finn talk about the map to Luke and Han says “yeah, I knew Luke” and man that got me in the feels. I named my son after this character that still has his story going since I was a baby. Can’t wait to watch it all with him.

Surfinn

Force Ghost Luke forever.

I'm telling you

Luke and Rey part ways in the last scene of EP9. Luke packs his shit and heads out to the far reaches of space for permanent retirement.

Think about how powerful that ending would be. Rey having to say goodbye to him for the last time

I'd bet my house that Luke doesn't survive past IX. Kennedy saying that Leia would have a larger role in IX makes me think he might not even survive The Last Jedi. Though I still think he'll make it to IX.

Luke killed at the end of VIII. Last scene is of Luke, transparent, with Ewan and Liam fading into the same room as we roll credits.

Star Wars Episode IX: Force Ghosts

I must admit the one-off issues that Aaron's written to finish his run on Star Wars have been pretty good. I didn't like Yoda's Secret War but it's been nice to see his run pick up a bit before it ends. The R2 manual issue was just really good fun. I'm looking forward to Gillen's take though.

Damn, you guys weren't kidding about Vader #5. That was a hell of an issue.

jwillenn

Cant wait to watch Return of the Jedi tonight.

Watched all of the OT with some months distance since I saw Rogue One in the cinema (with New Hope on the next day of course). So now its time for RotJ, before seeing TFA on the weekend before The Last Jedi

Why did you choose to have months between each film? I'm sure I'll watch the OT+TFA before going in to see TLJ, but shoot... might do all that in a single weekend. :D

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love how there is a small throwaway line in RotJ on which they can base Lukes wish on the Jedi to end.
Or at least signs that Luke doesnt care if all force users are gone.
There is a moment where he tells the emporer, that they booth are about to die and they can twist it easily that Luke didnt cared about the order at that moment anymore and just later went back to the wish of Yoda to give his teachings to the next generation.

Why did you choose to have months between each film? I'm sure I'll watch the OT+TFA before going in to see TLJ, but shoot... might do all that in a single weekend. :D
Dunno, would be the second time in just one year and i didnt want to wear these movies out to much.

sphagnum

Banned
I must admit the one-off issues that Aaron's written to finish his run on Star Wars have been pretty good. I didn't like Yoda's Secret War but it's been nice to see his run pick up a bit before it ends. The R2 manual issue was just really good fun. I'm looking forward to Gillen's take though.

Damn, you guys weren't kidding about Vader #5. That was a hell of an issue.

I think the problem with a lot of his run was pacing. Stuff was just too long for no reason, like Last Flight of the Harbinger. He said in an interview that he initially planned the Han/Grakkus issue to be a full arc. Why?!

Once he trimmed things down it got more fun.

Thanks to the Marvel sale I have been reading the whole Vader series.

Vader Down was so much fun. Really wish we could see that on a big screen. *whew*

Aphra is a fun character. Bought Volume 1 of her series as well.

While the run has been a blast to read overall, it does bother me that outside of the last scene in Rogue One, we just dont see live action Vader as a true action badass anywhere else in the series. Books and comics make him so great sometimes - and yeah, the movies do well too - but on film he is a stoic, talking badass. He just doesnt do much on screen most of the series. Kind of a bummer now that the comics here made me think of it.

Einchy

Vader Down and Rogue One is exactly what Vader should be. I remember some people saying that Vader Down was shit which made me wanted to force karate kick them in their stupid face.

sphagnum

Banned
Now read the 2017 Vader and the ongoing Aphra series.

edit: I see you already picked up Aphra. Then pick up some other non-Vader related comics too!

Vader Down and Rogue One is exactly what Vader should be. I remember some people saying that Vader Down was shit which made me wanted to force karate kick them in their stupid face.

I wouldn't say it's shit but it's the weakest part of Gillen's run on Vader. Similarly to the Screaming Citadel, it started well and went downhill after that.

sphagnum

Banned
The crossovers have been the weakest parts of the ongoing series' runs, but from what I recall Gillen said there isn't another SW/Aphra crossover planned for next year. I think they learned their lesson. Although ironically a second SW/Aphra crossover would actually probably turn out pretty well since Gillen will be writing both comics by that point!

I'm one of those weird people who actually prefers his Respecialized cuts because they don't have the awful color grading of the 2004 DVDs nor the questionable changes of the 2011 BDs, while keeping in the superior compositing and Yavin CG.

Sure, in exchange you have an even-crappier CG Jabba and screaming Luke in ESB but it's still a solid trade-off.

Surfinn

I'm one of those weird people who actually prefers his Respecialized cuts because they don't have the awful color grading of the 2004 DVDs nor the questionable changes of the 2011 BDs, while keeping in the superior compositing and Yavin CG.

Sure, in exchange you have an even-crappier CG Jabba and screaming Luke in ESB but it's still a solid trade-off.

Man

I don't what those scenes ANYWHERE NEAR my beautiful SW. Completely ruins the film for me to watch that stuff.

After everything I've seen, Despecialized are as close to perfect as it's going to get. I don't see anything in those versions that I notice and am like "well I wish that were different/gone".

I dunno, I think they're pretty much the definitive versions at this point

Justin Lin should direct a Star Wars movie, right? Don't know by I didn't think of that until just now.

He did a good job with Star Trek Beyond. It was a bit hard to follow some of the action scenes though. The fight between Jaylah and Krall's second-in-command comes to mind. I've never really followed the Fast and Furious films so I can't comment on his work on those.

pitchfork

Darth Maul #1 - 5 paperback collection just arrived from Amazon UK

Love me some Maul!

Just seen the original Dark Horse 'Son Of Dathomir' mini series (which is still canon) is getting a re-release from Marvel too

Darth Maul #1 - 5 paperback collection just arrived from Amazon UK

Love me some Maul!

Just seen the original Dark Horse 'Son Of Dathomir' mini series (which is still canon) is getting a re-release from Marvel too
About time. I had to buy digital, which I don’t really like, because the physical copies were a fortune.

Einchy

Darth Maul is one of the better comics they've put out. Having an actual decent artist does wonders.

sphagnum

Banned
Tem wants to come back as Captain Rex.

“[au.StarWars.com:] IT MUST BE PRETTY COOL TO THINK, “I PLAYED BOBA FETT’S DAD”. PLUS YOUR VOICE GETS TO LIVE ON AS BOBA FETT, AND YOUR FACE WAS USED FOR ALL OF THE CLONES!

[Temuera Morrison:] They’re all in my Jango Fett line – I have clones lining up. Then, of course, there’s Captain Rex, who’s an iconic character. I’ve also voiced various games. What’ll make me really happy is if I get the phone call asking me to play another character – an older Captain Rex or something. I want to pop in on one of these new ones, that would be great. Suggest it to them for me! Let’s get on to it!”

https://naboonews.wordpress.com/201...ould-be-very-happy-to-play-clone-captain-rex/

DO IT LUCASFILM

Emilia Clarke's finished her work on the Halo Solo film.

DKfWT3rXoAAOih7.jpg

Pablo's hinted that a new animated show won't be announced until the next Celebration in 2019.

While it's gonna be weird not having an apparent animated show on television in fall 2018, and I'll assume the 2019 show may very well be apart of disney's streaming service, I think the break will be good and hopefully allow them to come up with a visual style they can vary week to week more affordable then clone wars so we don't get the same week after week look we got with rebels. Also hoping they get an era where they get a little more freedom in play space, I don't really care what era that is as long as it isn't hampered by other plans by the story group

There's a great interview with Mark on the Star Wars website.

The problem here was that he’s had, like you say, the 30-plus years of history, which is never really spelled out. J.J. [Abrams in The Force Awakens] used the character, it was so ambiguous. I look back now and I say, “What else was he supposed to do?” I mean, here he has to come up with this whole new set of characters. He has to finish the Han Solo storyline. If he had to also include me, it would have been just laden with exposition. Better to shove Luke down the road and resolve his story later.

caliph95

From this and novel it does redeem from her
encounter with the crew

I do love the addition of the fact that we will never see her face even so far in the novel.

The art is also gorgeous and do hope we have more of her next movie and her characterization

I do hope "Pilot" won't bite the bullet
she
is the 2nd or 3rd best Stormtrooper

Top Bottom