• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

dex3108
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

It has tools for stealth if you choose but it isn't really a stealth game like Hitman or MGSV. It's perfectly playable with full blown action as well. I need to get back to it, but I was playing panther style (Like in SC:BL) would sneak for as long as I could and then just destroy everyone with a rifle and shotgun.

The gameplay and story is ace. It's just a shame it's so repetitive.
Would've benefited from just aping Mafia's 2 style.

I am still enjoying it 10 hours into the game (i didn't even do all Vito and Burke "mandatory" missions yet). There really is strong potential in Mafia 3 that they failed to realize and i hope that they will get another chance for Mafia game. I have feeling that M3 was started as last gen game and then they transitioned it to next gen.

Originally Posted by someguyinahat

Are they realistic silenced weapons which still make a reasonably loud pop, or are they TV silenced weapons which go "tsew?"

You can hear it in this video (and all other weapons sounds)

https://youtu.be/felg_umbd2I?t=219
Tonton
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:38 PM)
Tonton's Avatar

Originally Posted by GhostTrick

Either Gamescom or when the final DLC drops.

You actually think they won't stealth release it?
prudislav
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:39 PM)
prudislav's Avatar

Originally Posted by purseowner

I wonder when we'll finally hear about Final Fantasy XV for PC.

I'm just as interested as to how it'll run on low-end systems as high-end ones.

TBH i wouldnt be surprised if we got FF12 remaster and Worlds of FF before that ... but as usual probably stealth announcment week before release
fenners
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:39 PM)
fenners's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ascheroth

Possibly an asset pack.

Nerdook's games all feature characters in that art style though. Big fan of their wee games like Vertical Drop Heroes & Monster Slayer.
dex3108
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Tonton

You actually think they won't stealth release it?

Well Tabata was interested in Nvidia tech so if they went with Nvidia as partner i don't think that it will be silent release. Nvidia will push it a bit.
Kadin
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:42 PM)
Kadin's Avatar
Just noticed on my profile page that it says the Sticker Showcase expires in 2 weeks. So the whole thing will just go away? I figured this was something permanent.
Knurek
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:44 PM)
Knurek's Avatar

Originally Posted by purseowner

I wonder when we'll finally hear about Final Fantasy XV for PC.

I'm just as interested as to how it'll run on low-end systems as high-end ones.

It will be as well optimized as Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and as good of a port as Final Fantasy VI.
Just ask Stump re: the last one.
kagamin
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:55 PM)
kagamin's Avatar

Originally Posted by yuraya

Based on how Square does things with FF on PC..I would assume they stealth drop the game sometime in December with zero marketing. And the port will most likely be shit too. Don't expect any patches for a long time either.

FF14 was the exception, not the rule lol.
Wok
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:55 PM)
Wok's Avatar
Caricature of a Steam review here:

15-min playtime for a thumbs down:

Then begging for a key:

Hektor
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:01 PM)
Hektor's Avatar
FFXV still hasn't even left Early Access on console and won't do that for quite some time, we haven't even seen WiP Footage of the multiplayer yet and they send out new surveys just a few months ago as to what of the many issues they should tackle next.
someguyinahat
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:04 PM)
someguyinahat's Avatar

Originally Posted by dex3108


You can hear it in this video (and all other weapons sounds)

https://youtu.be/felg_umbd2I?t=219

Well, "tsew" confirmed, but it's weird: with all the other ones, they're not very loud but seem to have a far-ranging echo.
Volimar
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:07 PM)
Volimar's Avatar
Does Mafia 3 end better than the puttering out that Mafia 2 does?
Ludens
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:10 PM)
Ludens's Avatar

Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.


Escape this -- MB-BDBBE4EC0BC68C00 - Taken by MaxiLive

.
Last edited by Stumpokapow; 07-17-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Powered by ModBot 2.0
yuraya
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:10 PM)
yuraya's Avatar

Originally Posted by Knurek

It will be as well optimized as Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and as good of a port as Final Fantasy VI.
Just ask Stump re: the last one.

I'm still waiting for the XIII-2 patch. The audio was completely out of sync, would randomly be stuck @20fps and the game would lose save progress (and crash) anytime I did one of those puzzle levels. Worst PC port of all time and still no patch nearly 3 years after release. And worst thing of all is I bought the game like 2 months before Steam refunds became a thing :(
Last edited by yuraya; 07-17-2017 at 07:15 PM.
GoldandBlue
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:11 PM)
GoldandBlue's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqzwUzHNtA

XSeed put out a trailer for Ys 7 PC.
M.D
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by ModBot


Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (M.D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.



DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-DC52D9E35AF04A60 - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.
Umbrella Corps -- MB-C78A89BDA569CD57 - Taken by Jadax. 9 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-4EB45AB95C1F07E4 - Taken by famfrit. 2 entrants total.
Umbrella Corps Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack -- MB-0F040CCBE695ABC4 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 8 entrants total.


.
Last edited by Stumpokapow; 07-17-2017 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Powered by ModBot 2.0
Ascheroth
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:18 PM)
Ascheroth's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqzwUzHNtA

XSeed put out a trailer for Ys 7 PC.

Holy shit the music.
Teggy
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:18 PM)
Teggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

Does Mafia 3 end better than the puttering out that Mafia 2 does?

Actually has a pretty interesting ending. You're just really bored when you get there.
purseowner
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:18 PM)
purseowner's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqzwUzHNtA

XSeed put out a trailer for Ys 7 PC.

Better than sex.
Phinor
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Teggy

Actually has a pretty interesting ending. You're just really bored when you get there.

Concur. The ending is what (slightly) elevated the game for me after some 15+ hours of mostly very repetitive gameplay.
KainXVIII
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:31 PM)
KainXVIII's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqzwUzHNtA

XSeed put out a trailer for Ys 7 PC.

Damn, Ys 7 is ugly as hell (i know its PSP game, but still..), previous games looks much better.
Dec
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:37 PM)
Dec's Avatar

Originally Posted by KainXVIII

Damn, Ys 7 is ugly as hell (i know its PSP game, but still..), previous games looks much better.

I've never seen a thing so beautiful
GaussTek
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:38 PM)
GaussTek's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqzwUzHNtA

XSeed put out a trailer for Ys 7 PC.

OMG, thanks XSEED. Now only Celceta is left ;__;
NingenJanai
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:41 PM)
NingenJanai's Avatar

Originally Posted by KainXVIII

Damn, Ys 7 is ugly as hell (i know its PSP game, but still..), previous games looks much better.

I think it looks fine.
Auraela
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:43 PM)
Just hope ys 8 is good on pc when it comes in September
Wok
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:44 PM)
Wok's Avatar
There are now 3 concurrent Humble eBook Bundles.

Se7enSword
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:44 PM)
Se7enSword's Avatar

Originally Posted by Auraela

Just hope ys 8 is good on pc when it comes in September

As a game, it is. As a port? I hope it can be.
LurkerPrime
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:51 PM)
LurkerPrime's Avatar
You know when you've hit rock bottom?

When you're dual-wielding shovels against a bat.
(In Unexplored)

Alright, to be clear I'm trying a cloak-only start for an unlock, but still... it's rough, y'all. It's really rough. Those shovels were the best weapons I found, and they're pretty much the worst weapons in the game. Aside from maybe cursed weapons.

And man, every floor is filled with tiny spiders and bats, with an occasional big spider or bat. Oh, also, if I'm really lucky I'll stumble across a room filled entirely with spider eggs. Walking between these places, spike traps divide the hallways. Calling this place a nightmare would be too generous--it's hell.

Some things are meant to be unexplored, it turns out.
Monooboe
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:54 PM)
Monooboe's Avatar

Originally Posted by LurkerPrime

You know when you've hit rock bottom?

When you're dual-wielding shovels against a bat.

I've been curious, is there any use for the shovels?
LurkerPrime
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:04 PM)
LurkerPrime's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monooboe

I've been curious, is there any use for the shovels?

You can dig out some, well, I don't want to call them walls, but certain piles of stuff, like clay formations, and they also work as weapons in a pinch.

I haven't been able to figure out which "walls" are specifically diggable--it's generally the stuff that looks like stalagmites. But not all of them--some can be destroyed by weapons, while others seem to need explosives (e.g. fireball or natural explosions) to clear, and some are seemingly indestructible. And to top it off, some of them release various surprises, so watch out.

If it's possible to enchant shovels, that might help. I haven't thought to try it until just now.
Teggy
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:27 PM)
Teggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by KainXVIII

Damn, Ys 7 is ugly as hell (i know its PSP game, but still..), previous games looks much better.

Originally Posted by Dec

I've never seen a thing so beautiful

Originally Posted by NingenJanai

I think it looks fine.

This is NeoGAF?
Wok
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:31 PM)
Wok's Avatar

Originally Posted by LurkerPrime

You know when you've hit rock bottom?

When you're dual-wielding shovels against a bat.
(In Unexplored)

I had the bad idea of checking the Buy/Sell thread on GAF for this game. There is one offer, and I don't feel it:
  • It is a Steam key, yet the game has never been bundled.

  • The price matches the historical low of the game on Steam last October.

  • The seller seems to receive "review codes" from time to time.


Anyway, I'm not here to shame anyone, but I think I'd rather have the dev earn money for his work. 🤔
Last edited by Wok; 07-17-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Nyoro SF
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:38 PM)
Nyoro SF's Avatar

Originally Posted by KainXVIII

Damn, Ys 7 is ugly as hell (i know its PSP game, but still..), previous games looks much better.

I think it looks OK given its source material, but if you think that looks bad you should see what it looks like on a native PSP, max pixelization disaster :P
Stoze
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:40 PM)
Stoze's Avatar
So I've been running idle master off and on for the past week, first time doing it. One thing that's surprising is that I'm getting cards from games I played (and played a lot of) less than a year ago.

How often do games typically refresh their card drops?
Last edited by Stoze; 07-17-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Dec
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:42 PM)
Dec's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nyoro SF

I think it looks OK given its source material, but if you think that looks bad you should see what it looks like on a native PSP, max pixelization disaster :P

I still have my PSP and literally only this game. Will be nice to get rid of that shit.
Aaron D.
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:42 PM)
Aaron D.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Wok

Anyway, I'm not here to shame anyone, but I think I'd rather have the dev earned money for his work.

I think this is a case where direct dev support has been earned.

Aside from being a tiny studio of only a few people, they've developed some original, crazy-impressive code behind Cyclic Dungeon Generation.

They also offer the Game Soundtrack for FREE upfront with a game purchase.

Same goes for ALL DLC packs, present and future.

The game is constantly being tweaked and updated.

These guys (Ludomotion) are the real deal.
Annubis
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:42 PM)
Annubis's Avatar


Cheaper than Summer Sale (-55%)
spindoctor
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:46 PM)
spindoctor's Avatar
The developers who made the Animal Crossing clone on Steam...

...decided to go ahead and clone Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer as well, because why not?

RootCause
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:52 PM)
RootCause's Avatar
is gfwl still active? I want to play Operation Raccoon Coty, but I don't know if I have to download anything extra.
Last edited by RootCause; 07-17-2017 at 09:03 PM.
someguyinahat
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:06 PM)
someguyinahat's Avatar

Originally Posted by spindoctor

The developers who made the Animal Crossing clone on Steam...


...decided to go ahead and clone Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer as well, because why not?

I'm okay with this. If companies decide never to port their stuff to PC, indie companies will eventually step in to fill the void. Sure, it looks like a lower-quality version, but they have the right to try.
spindoctor
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:11 PM)
spindoctor's Avatar

Originally Posted by someguyinahat

I'm okay with this. If companies decide never to port their stuff to PC, indie companies will eventually step in to fill the void. Sure, it looks like a lower-quality version, but they have the right to try.

There's filling the void like what Stardew Valley did for Harvest Moon, and then there's literally copying games wholesale.

"What is your design philosophy?"
"We play Nintendo games on 3DS and clone them for Steam"
Jawmuncher
(07-17-2017, 09:11 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by RootCause

is gfwl still active? I want to play Operation Raccoon Coty, but I don't know if I have to download anything extra.

You can still play it. If there's any issues the community hub usually lists what is needed.
LurkerPrime
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:17 PM)
LurkerPrime's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aaron D.

I think this is a case where direct dev support has been earned.

Aside from being a tiny studio of only a few people, they've developed some original, crazy-impressive code behind Cyclic Dungeon Generation.

They also offer the Game Soundtrack for FREE upfront with a game purchase.

Same goes for ALL DLC packs, present and future.

The game is constantly being tweaked and updated.

These guys (Ludomotion) are the real deal.

Yeah, the curated generation works really well in Unexplored. I think it's something designers will be looking at in a future, in how to "make RNG right." The items, encounters, puzzles, and environments you find in each dungeon just feel really good together and create a memorable experience every time; it turns a relatively simple set of mechanics--combat, stealth, some environment effects, and a little item flair--into a living, breathing dungeon, filled with adventure, tension, and mystery. It's super engrossing when you have a good run.

It also helps that there's a huge range of, well, everything to keep the variety up. It would fall apart if there were too much repetition.

I can't say enough good things about Unexplored.
Chairmanchuck
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:20 PM)
Chairmanchuck's Avatar

Originally Posted by spindoctor

There's filling the void like what Stardew Valley did for Harvest Moon, and then there's literally copying games wholesale.

"What is your design philosophy?"
"We play Nintendo games on 3DS and clone them for Steam"

Hey. Miyamoto cloned Pacman back in the days.
dex3108
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:22 PM)
It looks like that Christopher Nolan did it again with Dunkirk. Man i would really like to see him work on video game together with Hanz Zimmer of course. Just imagine set pieces directed by Nolan.
Lain
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:37 PM)
Lain's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIqzwUzHNtA

XSeed put out a trailer for Ys 7 PC.

Best Ys will finally be on PC in English, woot woot!
InquisitorAles
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:42 PM)
InquisitorAles's Avatar
I'm impressed how much side-content that you can easily miss in Prey 2017. I'm regretting now that i didn't bought it earlier, amazing game. My only complain now is performance, it's much better than Dishonored 2 and I'm mostly getting stable 60 FPS, but sometimes performance suddenly goes down and FPS noticeably drops.
Monooboe
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:49 PM)
Monooboe's Avatar

Originally Posted by LurkerPrime

You can dig out some, well, I don't want to call them walls, but certain piles of stuff, like clay formations, and they also work as weapons in a pinch.

I haven't been able to figure out which "walls" are specifically diggable--it's generally the stuff that looks like stalagmites. But not all of them--some can be destroyed by weapons, while others seem to need explosives (e.g. fireball or natural explosions) to clear, and some are seemingly indestructible. And to top it off, some of them release various surprises, so watch out.

If it's possible to enchant shovels, that might help. I haven't thought to try it until just now.

I used to always carry a shovel but never really found somewhere to use it. I love how the game is random with how stuff works sometimes, or more that I sometimes get stuff to work without knowing why and the next time I fail. Like those blue doors, even if I know the key I fail and don't know why.

Also I have to echo your earlier sentiment, the game is a real FUCK YOU sometimes.XD I got an amry of those square gello thingies that shoot that ray that makes you drop your weapons, that togther with chasms and weapons disappearing one can't help but to just laugh in disbelief.



Originally Posted by Wok

I had the bad idea of checking the Buy/Sell thread on GAF for this game. There is one offer, and I don't feel it:

  • It is a Steam key, yet the game has never been bundled.
  • The price matches the historical low of the game on Steam last October.
  • The seller seems to receive "review codes" from time to time.

Anyway, I'm not here to shame anyone, but I think I'd rather have the dev earn money for his work. ��

The game is very much worth even the full asking price of 9.99!:D Doesn't humble store have it with the monthly discount?
Knurek
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:52 PM)
Knurek's Avatar
How long till your CPU is not supported by Windows 10?

that's one way to get people to upgrade despite meager CPU gains for the past 5 years
BernardoOne
For you.
(07-17-2017, 09:53 PM)
BernardoOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by spindoctor

There's filling the void like what Stardew Valley did for Harvest Moon, and then there's literally copying games wholesale.

"What is your design philosophy?"
"We play Nintendo games on 3DS and clone them for Steam"

Having played Castaway, it's not a "wholesale copy" at all.

Thread Tools