• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Dreavus
Member
(09-16-2015, 07:29 PM)
Dreavus's Avatar
Love the names of some rares.

The best I've found was a pair of gloves called "Choke Strategy"



Would you guys consider Gambling for rings to be worth it? It's not 25 shards like armor, but it's not quite the 75 for weapons, it's dead center at 50. I feel like all that's holding back my build at the moment is finishing Focus and Restraint so any extra chances at that is what I'm looking into.
Xanathus
Member
(09-16-2015, 07:49 PM)
Xanathus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreavus

Love the names of some rares.

The best I've found was a pair of gloves called "Choke Strategy"



Would you guys consider Gambling for rings to be worth it? It's not 25 shards like armor, but it's not quite the 75 for weapons, it's dead center at 50. I feel like all that's holding back my build at the moment is finishing Focus and Restraint so any extra chances at that is what I'm looking into.

It's more efficient to use shards to gamble for ancient set pieces, but after you have those then you can use them for weapons/rings. Use the cube to upgrade rares to legendaries for rings and weapons.
JoeMartin
(09-16-2015, 07:56 PM)
JoeMartin's Avatar
Well EP snapshotting has skyrocketed monks to the top of the leaderboard. Turns out you can snapshot power pylons onto it and it's pretty much over from there.
Ultratech
Member
(09-16-2015, 07:58 PM)
Ultratech's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreavus

Love the names of some rares.

The best I've found was a pair of gloves called "Choke Strategy"

Reminds me of a Helm I found called "Voodoo Mask".

Needless to say, it was not a Voodoo Mask.
eek5
Member
(09-16-2015, 08:13 PM)
eek5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreavus

Love the names of some rares.

The best I've found was a pair of gloves called "Choke Strategy"



Would you guys consider Gambling for rings to be worth it? It's not 25 shards like armor, but it's not quite the 75 for weapons, it's dead center at 50. I feel like all that's holding back my build at the moment is finishing Focus and Restraint so any extra chances at that is what I'm looking into.

Not at all unless you already have ancient armor for every slot.

I'd just craft rare rings (uses gems) and then upgrade rare to legendary for rings. Shouldn't be hard to get a shit rolled F+R from that.

Then if you can't get good F+R from that, reforge the bad F+R you have to get rid of all the souls you got from making legendary rings.
Dahbomb
Member
(09-16-2015, 09:12 PM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
Quin69 just did GR72 with Monk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UykyV_tNdsA
Baliis
Member
(09-16-2015, 09:14 PM)
Baliis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

Quin69 just did GR72 with Monk!

Not surprising as people are figuring out snapshotting for EP
Bombless
Member
(09-16-2015, 09:23 PM)
Bombless's Avatar
What's wrong with this picture?

Absolutely nothing! Best looking set!
ZenaxPure
Member
(09-16-2015, 09:28 PM)
ZenaxPure's Avatar
That hat always gives me "futuristic race car driver helmet" vibes. It weirds me out anytime I see someone transmogged to it.
Pyros_Eien
Member
(09-16-2015, 09:32 PM)
Pyros_Eien's Avatar
Kinda dumb that the helm doesn't cover the model entirely so you see skin on the neck and worse, on the side of the face(maybe it's the ear?).

Wish they made the hero models a bit better too in general, I mean we don't really zoom in on them in general gameplay so I get why they're not very detailed, but when you check your char on char selection screen or pause or whatever, the face textures look kinda terrible.
Armaros
Member
(09-16-2015, 09:44 PM)
Armaros's Avatar

Originally Posted by JoeMartin

Well EP snapshotting has skyrocketed monks to the top of the leaderboard. Turns out you can snapshot power pylons onto it and it's pretty much over from there.

Stacking Mystic Rhythm, CoE (Cold mainly), and power pylon an then snapshotting that super EP.
Raticus79
Seek victory, not fairness
(09-16-2015, 10:10 PM)
Raticus79's Avatar
Yup, power pylon in The Virus = game over

Originally Posted by Bombless

What's wrong with this picture?

Absolutely nothing! Best looking set!

Made me think of Ghost in the Shell for some reason!

Originally Posted by Pyros_Eien

Kinda dumb that the helm doesn't cover the model entirely so you see skin on the neck and worse, on the side of the face(maybe it's the ear?).

Wish they made the hero models a bit better too in general, I mean we don't really zoom in on them in general gameplay so I get why they're not very detailed, but when you check your char on char selection screen or pause or whatever, the face textures look kinda terrible.

I play at 4K and the difference between the clean edges on geometry and the blocky textures is hilarious. Old screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ctxu0F6.png
The shoulders on Uliana's set actually go through your face in this pose.

Originally Posted by Nokterian

Ok this monk build looks cool..i only need a flying dragon then i am going to try it.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48521...shenlongs-monk

This is pretty close to what I had been playing on my monk, except I had Fist of Az'Turrasq on the cube instead of Flying Dragon. Was having a lot of trouble keeping the Shenlong bonus going, so maybe FD's a better choice overall. It's certainly fun. Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...onk_build_for/
Edit: Oh, they're not using the Sunwuko set. Well, that certainly frees up some options.
Last edited by Raticus79; 09-16-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Fenderputty
Member
(09-16-2015, 10:53 PM)
Fenderputty's Avatar
I got the pieces for the generator build this weekend and messed around with it. I didn't enjoy the mechanics involved with the shenlong'ss set bonus and maintaining spirit while trying to jump from pack of mobs to pack of mobs. I cleared the same GR50 as I did with Uliana's set. Just felt more tedious.
Wolfie5
Member
(09-16-2015, 11:10 PM)
Wolfie5's Avatar
Puh! Barely made it :)
Dahbomb
Member
(09-17-2015, 01:51 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
Barbs broke 72 GR as well with the pure WW build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rNF...ature=youtu.be


Also LMAO @ the lag because of the insane amount of information and numbers on the screen. Blizzard really needs to do something about this shit.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(09-17-2015, 01:55 AM)
Rhaknar's Avatar
Slowly building my Uliana stuff, the momentum break when you have to wait for seven sided strike to come off cooldown makes me sad ;_;

Wru Flow of Eternity
M0nochromatic
Member
(09-17-2015, 02:49 AM)
M0nochromatic's Avatar
My friend and I got this on the Playstation Anniversary sale to coop through together. We've gotten to Act 2 and are enjoying it so far as a Barbarian(him) and a Wizard(me). It's pretty fun so far, we upped the difficulty when we entered act 2 as well.

It's the best coop game I've played in a while.
ZenaxPure
Member
(09-17-2015, 03:28 AM)
ZenaxPure's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

Barbs broke 72 GR as well with the pure WW build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rNF...ature=youtu.be

Shouldn't really be surprising to anyone, WW was already close to GR 70 last season so the new stuff this season (Stricken, Furnace, and being able to use Obsidian/CoE/Unity at the same time) helps with a lot of the problems the build had. Either way makes me happy to see someone still pushing WW when everyone is just doing HoTA/Rend nowadays. Not that I can blame people though, I went HoTA as well since I was WW last season.
Mr Nash
square pies = communism
(09-17-2015, 04:54 AM)
Mr Nash's Avatar
What Wizard builds are there to fiddle around with this season? I'm aware of the Vyr one, but are there others I could be trying out? Don't really care about pushing into the upper echelons of GR, but am still exploring what might click with me as a fun build to play solo.
Pyros_Eien
Member
(09-17-2015, 04:56 AM)
Pyros_Eien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr Nash

What Wizard builds are there to fiddle around with this season? I'm aware of the Vyr one, but are there others I could be trying out? Don't really care about pushing into the upper echelons of GR, but am still exploring what might click with me as a fun build to play solo.

Delsere and Tal Rasha are both viable, and not too far behind Vyr I believe so you wouldn't see large differences in power. Firebirds is pretty poop nowadays though afaik, like pretty much every original RoS sets they haven't reworked.
ZenaxPure
Member
(09-17-2015, 05:05 AM)
ZenaxPure's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pyros_Eien

Firebirds is pretty poop nowadays though afaik, like pretty much every original RoS sets they haven't reworked.

3000% weapon damage per second.

lol
Armaros
Member
(09-17-2015, 05:19 AM)
Armaros's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZenaxPure

3000% weapon damage per second.

lol

Jade Harvester is worse ;P LoL walking into melee range to soul harvest with the nerf to how Spiritwalk (and other similar skills) cooldown only after they run out.
Last edited by Armaros; 09-17-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Pyros_Eien
Member
(09-17-2015, 05:33 AM)
Pyros_Eien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Armaros

Jade Harvester is worse ;P LoL walking into melee range to soul harvest with the nerf to how Spiritwalk (and other similar skills) cooldown only after they run out.

Yeah the spiritwalk change is really where jade suffers a ton. The damage is actually quite reasonable otherwise(even though it's definitely not like very good and unlike every modern set doesn't offer any damage reduction and less overall damage), a lot better than firebirds I think. Both sets are outdated though both in power levels and lack of tankiness which makes all these new sets viable(or in some cases like Delsere the tankiness comes from Slow Time itself with stun/slow/damage reduction when you use the all runes legendary but still).

I guess Firebirds might get reworked next patch though? I believe they mentionned Jade, I know they're working on shadow power for DH, earthquake set for barb, invoker thorns for crusader, so it'd make sense if they fixed firebirds too.
Sober
Member
(09-17-2015, 05:37 AM)
Sober's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pyros_Eien

Delsere and Tal Rasha are both viable, and not too far behind Vyr I believe so you wouldn't see large differences in power. Firebirds is pretty poop nowadays though afaik, like pretty much every original RoS sets they haven't reworked.

Also DelRasha (6pc Tal/4pc DMO) which is arguably one of the more interesting and fun specs to play. But none of the Wizard stuff is leaderboard pushing that well vs Monk/Barb/WD if that's your thing.

Archon is interesting but I feel like having to go around picking up loot takes all the wind out of the sails.
Armaros
Member
(09-17-2015, 05:39 AM)
Armaros's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sober

Also DelRasha (6pc Tal/4pc DMO) which is arguably one of the more interesting and fun specs to play. But none of the Wizard stuff is leaderboard pushing that well vs Monk/Barb/WD if that's your thing.

Archon is interesting but I feel like having to go around picking up loot takes all the wind out of the sails.

Archon also needs the seasonal belt, else you just dont have enough starting strength/tank when you recast Archon and your old stacks drop off.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(09-17-2015, 05:42 AM)
Rhaknar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sober

But none of the Wizard stuff is leaderboard pushing that well vs Monk/Barb/WD if that's your thing.

This concept is so bizarre to me. I'm not judging, just sharing :p
ZenaxPure
Member
(09-17-2015, 05:50 AM)
ZenaxPure's Avatar

Originally Posted by Armaros

Jade Harvester is worse ;P LoL walking into melee range to soul harvest with the nerf to how Spiritwalk (and other similar skills) cooldown only after they run out.

I feel like one of the changes in the Jade redesign either has to be damage reduction on targets effected by your haunt (50%ish I assume would work) or turning your soul harvest into a targeted ability.

Mostly I hope the core gameplay/mechanics of the build stays intact, I actually always really enjoyed Jade as a build. Dotting things up and then using your Soul Harvest to make said enemies explode for billions of damage was really satisfying.

Originally Posted by Pyros_Eien

I guess Firebirds might get reworked next patch though? I believe they mentionned Jade, I know they're working on shadow power for DH, earthquake set for barb, invoker thorns for crusader, so it'd make sense if they fixed firebirds too.

Shadow, Marauder, Leapquake, Akkhan, Invoker, Firebird, SWK, and Inna are all the ones they said will be updated next patch.

Pretty much every set that sucks right now save Raekor but Raekor would need a lot more work than other sets imo so no surprise it is being ignored.
Last edited by ZenaxPure; 09-17-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Pyros_Eien
Member
(09-17-2015, 05:57 AM)
Pyros_Eien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

This concept is so bizarre to me. I'm not judging, just sharing :p

It can be annoying because it can translate into early progression being a lot slower also. Not for wizards I feel, as Talrasha is very strong even with 2pieces and the class has a solid entry level power, especially if you start by spamming wands cube crafts to get that stupid teleport one so you can blink around like crazy(I'd say by far the best part of being a wizard since short of majuma on fairly long distances or ingeom monk, wizards move the fastest especially when there's bridges and what not since they can blink across stuff directly).

But say, Crusader, they're way behind on GRs, not a really big issue since you're mostly competing against other crusaders anyway if that's your thing, but the weakness of the sets also affect the class at a casual level, as you'll take longer to progress through torments and stuff.

That leads to a way less fun experience than say playing a WD and flying through stuff as tons of stuff are good upgrades. 2pc of any set is a good boost(especially helltooth and arachyr but even jade or zuni 2pc give you a 1-2torment boost) and the higher you are the faster you farm the rest of your gear.

As I said, wizard isn't as bad, but still 2pc delsere and vyr are pretty bad and 2pc firebirds is absolutely terrible unless you play HC, so if you don't get 2pc tal rasha early, you'll be stuck for a while progressing which is kinda boring.
Sober
Member
(09-17-2015, 06:06 AM)
Sober's Avatar

Originally Posted by Armaros

Archon also needs the seasonal belt, else you just dont have enough starting strength/tank when you recast Archon and your old stacks drop off.

I got it, but I didn't really play wiz too much this season over WD. But I hear a lot of complaints that you can definitely kill shit in Archon which is fun but trying to keep the tempo of stacking Chantodo's -> Archon stacks -> stacking Chantodo's to CD Archon -> getting double stack archon for as long as possible, that loop kinda falls flat when you have to go around picking up loot.

I feel like the wiz sets are fun to play for the most part but they aren't as dynamic or bursty as the dominant stuff in the meta now.

Originally Posted by Pyros_Eien

It can be annoying because it can translate into early progression being a lot slower also. Not for wizards I feel, as Talrasha is very strong even with 2pieces and the class has a solid entry level power, especially if you start by spamming wands cube crafts to get that stupid teleport one so you can blink around like crazy(I'd say by far the best part of being a wizard since short of majuma on fairly long distances or ingeom monk, wizards move the fastest especially when there's bridges and what not since they can blink across stuff directly).

But say, Crusader, they're way behind on GRs, not a really big issue since you're mostly competing against other crusaders anyway if that's your thing, but the weakness of the sets also affect the class at a casual level, as you'll take longer to progress through torments and stuff.

That leads to a way less fun experience than say playing a WD and flying through stuff as tons of stuff are good upgrades. 2pc of any set is a good boost(especially helltooth and arachyr but even jade or zuni 2pc give you a 1-2torment boost) and the higher you are the faster you farm the rest of your gear.

As I said, wizard isn't as bad, but still 2pc delsere and vyr are pretty bad and 2pc firebirds is absolutely terrible unless you play HC, so if you don't get 2pc tal rasha early, you'll be stuck for a while progressing which is kinda boring.

FB needs a huge rework, which I think it's getting. 2pc and 4pc DMO should be swapped maybe. The problem still though I think is that putting down slow times or anything in DMO/DelRasha isn't really quick burst damage compared to say Helltooth Bears/Acid Cloud.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(09-17-2015, 06:16 AM)
Rhaknar's Avatar
Speaking of WDs, was that spider set just a complete bust or are there any builds viable with it?
eek5
Member
(09-17-2015, 06:21 AM)
eek5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

Speaking of WDs, was that spider set just a complete bust or are there any builds viable with it?

t7-10 farming only unfortunately

and I think HT is still better
Armaros
Member
(09-17-2015, 06:35 AM)
Armaros's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

Speaking of WDs, was that spider set just a complete bust or are there any builds viable with it?

HT and Carnevil are both better, the bonuses are too small for how weak the skills that get buffed are normally.

its pretty good farming with the chicken weapon set tho.
Pyros_Eien
Member
(09-17-2015, 06:42 AM)
Pyros_Eien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

Speaking of WDs, was that spider set just a complete bust or are there any builds viable with it?

It's ok for speedfarming lower torments and does kinda ok up to T10 but the scaling is bad. Doesn't help that angry chicken is buggy as shit and doesn't do any damage like 10% of the time(and requires majuma but that's not a huge problem) and the fucking toad keeps eating stuff at the same time as you try to explode them so you just waste your skills(they're changing that), but yeah overall it's just not very good.

The main issue is the skills being boosted are basically all the bad skills of the class. Two of them are primaries so obviously the dmg isn't great even with rheno flayer and explosive toads, locust swarm is really bad overall and requires a quetzacoatl+the passive to make it semi decent(and really even with jade the big hitter was haunt, not locust), piranhas is not a good damage spell due to low% and high cooldowns/mana cost and firebats has terrible damage considering the insane mana cost and the fact it's a channel with a shitty range. If they added a firebats legendary that increased its damage or made the base spell a lot better, then I think it'd be an ok alternative with the toad fix they mentionned(it'll stun instead of eating stuff) but until then, you just don't have nearly enough damage with the spells you can use that benefit from the set. I could see them fixing it next patch by just tweaking firebats though, by either adding a new legendary or changing the current firebats bracer LoH into damage(or maybe add the no mana channel rune to it so you can use good dmg runes with no mana passive) or buffing the spell again.

The 2pc is very strong though when you're at low torment and just start gearing up. It's easily one of the strongest 2pc all classes considered in terms of raw damage, especially against static targets/very packed targets(piranhado helps with that).
Last edited by Pyros_Eien; 09-17-2015 at 06:46 AM.
Radec
Member
(09-17-2015, 06:47 AM)
Radec's Avatar
Chicken WD is a fun DB/bounty farming build.

Just skip white mobs. But it's an asshole build fro your teammates though. More annoying than WW Barbs. lol
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(09-17-2015, 06:51 AM)
Rhaknar's Avatar
The toad problem sounds like the same problem as the Croc from the piranha rune :/
ElyrionX
a melancholic piano
a sea-blown wind
(09-17-2015, 08:40 AM)
ElyrionX's Avatar
The problem with Archon builds since the very beginning of D3 is that they almost always focus on maintaining Archon uptime/power via in-game kills/stacks counting which makes it a very demanding and tiring build to play since you can't fight at a leisurely pace.

I play D3 to relax and stuff like that (Taeguk usage is very similar that way too) demand way too much effort from me to even consider using.
Dahbomb
Member
(09-17-2015, 08:42 AM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
More and more D3 builds have started to become more involved mechanically.

Thanks to stuff like F+R, Gem buffs, CoE, Shenlongs and other character mechanics... you are generally playing a much more active character than a year ago. This also makes the buff bar extremely frustrating.
Sober
Member
(09-17-2015, 08:49 AM)
Sober's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pyros_Eien

It's ok for speedfarming lower torments and does kinda ok up to T10 but the scaling is bad. Doesn't help that angry chicken is buggy as shit and doesn't do any damage like 10% of the time(and requires majuma but that's not a huge problem) and the fucking toad keeps eating stuff at the same time as you try to explode them so you just waste your skills(they're changing that), but yeah overall it's just not very good.

The main issue is the skills being boosted are basically all the bad skills of the class. Two of them are primaries so obviously the dmg isn't great even with rheno flayer and explosive toads, locust swarm is really bad overall and requires a quetzacoatl+the passive to make it semi decent(and really even with jade the big hitter was haunt, not locust), piranhas is not a good damage spell due to low% and high cooldowns/mana cost and firebats has terrible damage considering the insane mana cost and the fact it's a channel with a shitty range. If they added a firebats legendary that increased its damage or made the base spell a lot better, then I think it'd be an ok alternative with the toad fix they mentionned(it'll stun instead of eating stuff) but until then, you just don't have nearly enough damage with the spells you can use that benefit from the set. I could see them fixing it next patch by just tweaking firebats though, by either adding a new legendary or changing the current firebats bracer LoH into damage(or maybe add the no mana channel rune to it so you can use good dmg runes with no mana passive) or buffing the spell again.

The 2pc is very strong though when you're at low torment and just start gearing up. It's easily one of the strongest 2pc all classes considered in terms of raw damage, especially against static targets/very packed targets(piranhado helps with that).

I tried to make a viable Arachyr spec but basically you probably just do something like throw Widowmakers the entire time as main DPS and you only use Vampire Bats to tank or regen because of the bracers. Spec into physical to boost those, maybe along with simplicity's strength. Still not that great I don't think. especially not HT for pushing GRifts. Maybe I'll try it out again sometime.

Also I can't seem to figure out Carnieval despite having near-Ancient armour slots on that spec. GR50 is sometimes a coin toss for me if I can finish in time, whereas HT is my shittiest set and I can go GR55-57 without breaking a sweat.
Shuggananas
Banned
(09-17-2015, 08:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

Barbs broke 72 GR as well with the pure WW build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rNF...ature=youtu.be


Also LMAO @ the lag because of the insane amount of information and numbers on the screen. Blizzard really needs to do something about this shit.

Nice. Fuck hota, such a boring build.
Is AD not bugged with WW then ? Bloodshed procs too ?
Addnan
Member
(09-17-2015, 08:51 AM)
Hota was never gonna be solo build lol. No survivability. Area damage works with ww.

Originally Posted by Dahbomb


Also LMAO @ the lag because of the insane amount of information and numbers on the screen. Blizzard really needs to do something about this shit.

I was talking to him and was saying if you want to solo push, realistically only attempt between 3am and 11am lol.
Last edited by Addnan; 09-17-2015 at 08:55 AM.
ElyrionX
a melancholic piano
a sea-blown wind
(09-17-2015, 09:05 AM)
ElyrionX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

More and more D3 builds have started to become more involved mechanically.

Thanks to stuff like F+R, Gem buffs, CoE, Shenlongs and other character mechanics... you are generally playing a much more active character than a year ago. This also makes the buff bar extremely frustrating.

Yeah I get that and stuff like Tal Rasha elemental stacking is fine. But I don't like to rush from pack to pack, constantly watching my buffs to maintain the buff uptime.

The issue with Taeguk and the Archon build now is that the buffs take a longass time to build up but you can lose them all if you're not careful. Taeguk is just the worst for this shit. I mean, you can build it up all rift and have 60 stacks but lose your focus for a sec or two and it's all gone. Lol, thanks but no thanks.
Ilmyr
Junior Member
(09-17-2015, 09:17 AM)
Ilmyr's Avatar
Hi, anyone wanna play Hardcore with me? (EU server!)
I require a lvl 70 hc character to complete the "Guardian" season journey. I don't like hardcore at all, but it has to be done... :(
Pyros_Eien
Member
(09-17-2015, 09:26 AM)
Pyros_Eien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sober

I tried to make a viable Arachyr spec but basically you probably just do something like throw Widowmakers the entire time as main DPS and you only use Vampire Bats to tank or regen because of the bracers. Spec into physical to boost those, maybe along with simplicity's strength. Still not that great I don't think. especially not HT for pushing GRifts. Maybe I'll try it out again sometime.

Also I can't seem to figure out Carnieval despite having near-Ancient armour slots on that spec. GR50 is sometimes a coin toss for me if I can finish in time, whereas HT is my shittiest set and I can go GR55-57 without breaking a sweat.

Spiders are single target, you can't do something good out of them only, even with area damage. You could potentially use the queen rune to direct the 2pc queen around, which would be quite useful as her aoe is fairly small otherwise, but you're not clearing high GR with that sadly. Toads are slightly aoe if you use rheno and explosive, but it's still not that great.

More importantly, I just remembered Helltooth also boosts those skills, by 100% more, so there's absolutely no reason to use Arachyr if you wanted to make a corpse spider or toad build because Helltooth would be better. Funny enough, it also affects Firebats, so even for that it's questionnable, the only advantage arachyr has is you don't actually need to firewall every 15seconds to get the dmg boost, and that's a highly debatable advantage if you use the wall of death bracers since fire wall does substantial damage on its own. I feel this is one aspect that is particularily stupid, Helltooth buffs the same skills Arachyr does, but for more damage. Only skills it doesn't buff are Angry Chicken and Locust Swarm but neither are relevant.

So for arachyr to be viable, they also need to buff Arachyr, I forgot about Helltooth overlapping, and that's especially true with Wall of Death being way superior to Hex as your option to activate the set bonuses and Necrosis applying a damage taken debuff on top of doing slightly less damage than the spider queen but on everything on the screen instead of a small aoe.


For Carnevil, do you have all the right rolls? You need attackspeed on the weapon and you definitely want attackspeed on the gloves too and if possible on the rings but the weapon is top priority. You also need to make sure you keep F+R up and apply the zuni debuff to stuff otherwise your damage drops a ton.
Sober
Member
(09-17-2015, 09:57 AM)
Sober's Avatar
Yeah I just need to work on rotation and surviving. Also not used to not having GI with Carnieval so having to wait 4 full seconds to Grasp or 16s for Nado is a chore. Pulling is a big problem too cause I will sometimes unload on only 3 scattered dudes instead of grouping them up better.

No AS on weapons and I only have one set of F+R so it's all crit there. All my weapons in any build are non-ancient still, so have to roll the socket on. DoD or SMK refuse to come up again during cube crafting, but I do have both powers at the ready. Also without the mats to spare for mass reforging I'd rather put my time into making an ancient SuWong instead probably.

edit: also agree with you entirely on Arachyr, HT is the same thing almost and beats it by a country mile.
Razakin
Junior Member
(09-17-2015, 11:10 AM)
Razakin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ilmyr

Hi, anyone wanna play Hardcore with me? (EU server!)
I require a lvl 70 hc character to complete the "Guardian" season journey. I don't like hardcore at all, but it has to be done... :(

I can help you with that. If you're not in the EU clan, drop me a friend request ( razakin#2751 ).
Ilmyr
Junior Member
(09-17-2015, 11:41 AM)
Ilmyr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razakin

I can help you with that. If you're not in the EU clan, drop me a friend request ( razakin#2751 ).

Thanks. I will usually be online at 19 CET. My battletag is Ilmyr#2455.

What do you mean with "EU clan"?
SmartWaffles
Member
(09-17-2015, 11:53 AM)
SmartWaffles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr Nash

What Wizard builds are there to fiddle around with this season? I'm aware of the Vyr one, but are there others I could be trying out? Don't really care about pushing into the upper echelons of GR, but am still exploring what might click with me as a fun build to play solo.

Power-wise Vyr is a tad stronger but is harder to build as all the pieces are very specific, imo it is also kinda unfun to play since it requires you to rush through things. Delsere-Tal Rasha hybrid is also very viable and fun to play as well, super easy to build and has a lot of flexibility too, all you need are the 8 set pieces and you are good to rock at a reasonable pace.

Originally Posted by ElyrionX

Yeah I get that and stuff like Tal Rasha elemental stacking is fine. But I don't like to rush from pack to pack, constantly watching my buffs to maintain the buff uptime.

The issue with Taeguk and the Archon build now is that the buffs take a longass time to build up but you can lose them all if you're not careful. Taeguk is just the worst for this shit. I mean, you can build it up all rift and have 60 stacks but lose your focus for a sec or two and it's all gone. Lol, thanks but no thanks.

Yeah that's why I give up on Archon after several tries, not worth the sheer effort and frustration. Delrasha is weaker but way more enjoyable to play.
Last edited by SmartWaffles; 09-17-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Firemind
Member
(09-17-2015, 12:29 PM)
Firemind's Avatar
What's Del Rasha's play style? Make a bunch of Slow Times, then shoot things inside? Does it use Serpent Sparker by any chance?
Razakin
Junior Member
(09-17-2015, 12:31 PM)
Razakin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ilmyr

Thanks. I will usually be online at 19 CET. My battletag is Ilmyr#2455.

What do you mean with "EU clan"?

We have a GAF clan on the EU side too, which still has tons of free spots for peeps.

Edit: Added you already, and if I'm not online on D3, just message me and I'll hop in. I'm prolly just wasting my time watching some tv series or doing something other stupid thing :P
Last edited by Razakin; 09-17-2015 at 12:35 PM.
SmartWaffles
Member
(09-17-2015, 12:59 PM)
SmartWaffles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Firemind

What's Del Rasha's play style? Make a bunch of Slow Times, then shoot things inside? Does it use Serpent Sparker by any chance?

A lot of slow time for crowd control, teleport around and see meteor wrecking stuff, all you need for it to work are 8 set pieces and a RoRG, the rest are refinements, it doesn't need any specific weapon to work although an Aether Walker is essential for its full power.

For additional pieces you want:
Crown of the Primus for additional Slow Time power
Strongarm Bracers/Ancient Parthan Defenders for additional damage/survival
Nilfur's Boast for meteor damage
Focus+Restrait for obvious reasons but Convention of Elements+Unity/Halo of Alyse is a strong candidate.
For weapons you have tons of choices, Aether Walker, Serpent Sparkler, Thunderfury, whatever you got is good, also a cubed The Furnance is the best to have.

But none of the additional pieces are required for Delrasha so you can build it up very quickly and work from there without having to play on lower difficulties because you don't have the power. I started to work nicely in T7 and GR35 before I have any 6pc set because 4pc DMO and 4pc Tal alone are already powerful enough to wreck T6.
Last edited by SmartWaffles; 09-17-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Thread Tools