• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 02:47 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monochromaticx

I finally won a game as oracle

support or carry?
i can't risk playing hard five with 4 randos, they will never hit towers


Originally Posted by shira

Pro Dota Results
- Jul 9 Final Match 1.[A] 2.SG 3. Spirit
- Jul 9 MDL 1. LGD 2. LFY 3. NB
- Jun 29 TI7 NP, DC, Secret, Dog, Empire, Infamous, TNC, Xctn, fnatic, LGD, iGV, LGDfy qualify to LAN

July
July 21-22
DreamHack Atlanta, Atlanta, USA
$175k
4: Secret, Liquid, Vega, Odd

August

Aug 2-5 Group Stages for all 18
Aug 6-12 Main Event for top 16
TI7 LAN Seattle, USA
$2100k and rising
18: OG, iG, EG, TL, NB, VP, NP, DC, Secret, HR, Empire, Infamous, TNC, Xctn, fnatic, LGD, iGV, LGDfy

Mr. Luchador
I played NeoGAF Bingo and all I got was this tag
(07-17-2017, 04:12 PM)
Mr. Luchador's Avatar
I'm now convinced that Warlock is broken, as I'm actually doing well and people compliment me on my plays. Compliments in DOTA. Clearly a broken class.
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 04:48 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Luchador

I'm now convinced that Warlock is broken, as I'm actually doing well and people compliment me on my plays. Compliments in DOTA. Clearly a broken class.

People seem twice as nice when you win in Intl Ranked but twice as salty if you lose, especially if it was a big wager
Monochromaticx
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:09 PM)
Monochromaticx's Avatar

Originally Posted by shira

support or carry?
i can't risk playing hard five with 4 randos, they will never hit towers

support, pos5 . i dont think carry oracle is a thing anymore after the base damage and other nerfs.
the other """support""" was silencer. but he didn't do shit most of the game and didnt buy any wards till i called him out on it. his reason was "i am pos4 nuker i dont buy wards"
good thing the oracle + necro combo is broken as fuck.

Originally Posted by Mr. Luchador

I'm now convinced that Warlock is broken, as I'm actually doing well and people compliment me on my plays. Compliments in DOTA. Clearly a broken class.

yeah warlock is fantastic
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:26 PM)
shira's Avatar
https://valvestore.welovefine.com/

Soon™


Originally Posted by Monochromaticx

support, pos5 . i dont think carry oracle is a thing anymore after the base damage and other nerfs.
the other """support""" was silencer. but he didn't do shit most of the game and didnt buy any wards till i called him out on it. his reason was "i am pos4 nuker i dont buy wards"

Yeah see that's the problem two supports who can't do anything if the cores decide to farm for every item except bkb
elyetis
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:37 PM)
elyetis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monochromaticx

"i am pos4 nuker i dont buy wards"

It honestly feel like pos4 has been a thing of the past for most pub for like a year now. In pub there is 3 pos1, 1 pos2 and a pos1000.
Monochromaticx
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:59 PM)
Monochromaticx's Avatar
the problem with that silencer is that despite not getting wards or moving from bot lane sitting behind the specter, he still was poorer than me and 3 levels behind. literally a creep with a global silence (that he didn't use properly 80% of the time)

Originally Posted by elyetis

It honestly feel like pos4 has been a thing of the past for most pub for like a year now. In pub there is 3 pos1, 1 pos2 and a pos1000.

yeah pos4 is super fun if you have that pos 5 helping you. But I dont think its that bad for the pos 5 anymore thanks to the gold/exp talents + bounty runes + tomes.
Hylian7
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:11 PM)
Hylian7's Avatar
I think I've learned just to not bet compendium coins or double MMR against a Spectre. I know how to beat her, but I can't trust my team will follow suit with me. It really has to be a team effort to end early. I still keep trying to encourage my team that we need to end this sooner rather than later, and press advantages, but it often doesn't work out. Either we are overtly aggressive and feed a lot, or we aren't aggressive enough and Spectrre gets enough time to farm.

Originally Posted by shira

https://valvestore.welovefine.com/

Soon™

RIP my money
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:26 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hylian7

RIP my money

I'm daijobu for a standout shirt or nice art, if there are statue(s) again
Hylian7
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:28 PM)
Hylian7's Avatar

Originally Posted by shira

I'm daijobu for a standout shirt or nice art, if there are statue(s) again

Yeah, definitely on board for figurines. Maybe a statue, probably a couple of shirts, and we'll see what else they have. No matter what I plan on getting the figurines though. I'm sure they will be selling the Lina and QoP ones there.
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:38 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hylian7

Yeah, definitely on board for figurines. Maybe a statue, probably a couple of shirts, and we'll see what else they have. No matter what I plan on getting the figurines though. I'm sure they will be selling the Lina and QoP ones there.

You have all the figures don't you? (Or is that kirby?) I guess you are obliged to buy them all to keep the set complete.

Shipping to Canada is getting better for WLF, used to be awful and expensive now it's slow af but palpatable.
Hylian7
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:53 PM)
Hylian7's Avatar

Originally Posted by shira

You have all the figures don't you? (Or is that kirby?) I guess you are obliged to buy them all to keep the set complete.

Shipping to Canada is getting better for WLF, used to be awful and expensive now it's slow af but palpatable.

I have all the figurines since TI4, so yes.

I hope demiheroes come back, but I did like the figmas and nendos last year.
Monochromaticx
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:05 PM)
Monochromaticx's Avatar
oh man i hope the new sven immortal doesnt boost his votes vs Rubick
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:23 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monochromaticx

oh man i hope the new sven immortal doesnt boost his votes vs Rubick

More likely people buying them all up because they aren't dropping, jacking up the price

Rubick is loved in China. No way he beats Pudge, AM, Invoker though.

Could be another IO situation where we get multiple Arcanas.
Chris R
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:49 PM)
Chris R's Avatar
I secretly hope the shop is bad so I can fly down with only my backpack and skip bringing a suitcase... :(
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:56 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chris R

I secretly hope the shop is bad so I can fly down with only my backpack and skip bringing a suitcase... :(

You can just cop the codes
TUSR
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:03 PM)
TUSR's Avatar
shira when is ti7

did you update the gaming side thread yet
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 10:57 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by TUSR

shira when is ti7

did you update the gaming side thread yet


Aug 2-5 Group Stages for all 18
Aug 6-12 Main Event for top 16
TI7 LAN Seattle, USA

Gaming side OT will be ready
Chris R
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:22 PM)
Chris R's Avatar
If I buy an item, it's for the physical item.

In game stuff is just gravy.

No Demiheroes last year so I was able to get out of the shop with like $50 total spent.
bbd23
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:25 PM)
bbd23's Avatar
storm demihero when
waxinlyrical
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:28 PM)
waxinlyrical's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chris R

If I buy an item, it's for the physical item.

In game stuff is just gravy.

No Demiheroes last year so I was able to get out of the shop with like $50 total spent.

I take it this means you're totally fine with giving me all your digital codes?
shira
Member
(07-17-2017, 11:33 PM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by bbd23

storm demihero when

I think the ti5 ones were done by some bored Pixar guys between movies.
neurosisxeno
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:18 AM)
neurosisxeno's Avatar

Originally Posted by shira

Gaming side OT will be ready

Doing it yourself this year?
Quesa
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:29 AM)
Quesa's Avatar
Immortal III items are not for me. Where is my Techies immortal
Fuchsdh
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:41 AM)
Fuchsdh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quesa

Immortal III items are not for me. Where is my Techies immortal

Suicides that result in kills produce a trollface.jpg particle effect.
shira
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:01 AM)
shira's Avatar
Predictions are up in Compendiums lock in


Originally Posted by neurosisxeno

Doing it yourself this year?

If anyone wants to do a short writeup on a team or player I'll use it.

Mostly why you like watching X or Team X such that a casual fan can understand
traveler
Not Wario
(07-18-2017, 04:25 AM)
traveler's Avatar
Rubick has the highest top end for an arcana easily- unique effects for every stolen spell?!?- but I do wonder how far Valve would actually go. He has my votes, in any case.
rakkadakka
Member
(07-18-2017, 04:40 AM)
rakkadakka's Avatar

Originally Posted by traveler

Rubicam has the highest top end for an arcana easily- unique effects for every stolen spell?!?- but I do wonder how far Valve would actually go. He has my votes, in any case.

He has the highest end but Valve can be a real coin flip when it comes to Arcanas.
shira
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:12 AM)
shira's Avatar
It could be crazy effects for every spell or police siren particles
neurosisxeno
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:19 AM)
neurosisxeno's Avatar
I would love to see them give all stolen spells a green hue to reflect Rubick using them, but that might have gameplay issues--easier to avoid AoE spells when you can tell which ones will actually damage you.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(07-18-2017, 05:20 AM)
Haly's Avatar
They would make him glow teal, and you can change the color with gems.
W1SSY
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:37 AM)
W1SSY's Avatar
Secret Shop is up.
shira
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:49 AM)
shira's Avatar
DOTAKINSSSSSSSSSS

https://valvestore.welovefine.com/ti...yls-12339.html





Jesus $10
Quesa
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:51 AM)
Quesa's Avatar
MK Dotakin would be nice but I'm not playing the blind box game
shira
Member
(07-18-2017, 05:58 AM)
shira's Avatar
Note: Series 5 Blind Box Micro Plush DOES NOT include digital item code


RIP plushies
Saprol
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:12 AM)
tidehunter mug is cute
bbd23
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:18 AM)
bbd23's Avatar
TIDE AND CM PLEASE
Hylian7
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:18 AM)
Hylian7's Avatar
So wait....can I really only pick up the pre-order items at secret shop? I have to pay shipping on everything else?! That kind of sucks for the microplushies and Dotakins if that's the case, part of the point is trading them at the event.
shira
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:19 AM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hylian7

So wait....can I really only pick up the pre-order items at secret shop? I have to pay shipping on everything else?! That kind of sucks for the microplushies and Dotakins if that's the case, part of the point is trading them at the event.

For fans making the journey to Seattle next month, the on-site Secret Shop will offer a select range of items for attendees at KeyArena, including several gifts with purchase exclusive to fans at the event. More information for on-site purchasing will be available to ticket holders soon, so keep an eye on the inbox associated with your ticket purchase.
Hylian7
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:20 AM)
Hylian7's Avatar

Originally Posted by shira

For fans making the journey to Seattle next month, the on-site Secret Shop will offer a select range of items for attendees at KeyArena, including several gifts with purchase exclusive to fans at the event. More information for on-site purchasing will be available to ticket holders soon, so keep an eye on the inbox associated with your ticket purchase.

That's good then, so similar to last year then.
bbd23
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:22 AM)
bbd23's Avatar
huh...theres stuff I actually want this year

Tide mug
some of those cute dotakins
that space cow t-shirt looks nice too.
and i want a mouse pad
Hylian7
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:27 AM)
Hylian7's Avatar
I'm in for the Tinker shirt for sure.

Probably also in for the playing cards.
Chris R
Member
(07-18-2017, 07:05 AM)
Chris R's Avatar
Fuuuuuuuuck those Dotakins

edit: So I'll get a few Dotakins and the playing cards. None of the shirts are speaking to me and I dont like the figures these past few years.

Makes it easy to get out for cheap. I could use a new wallet, but they are all too garish for a professional old man like me. Same with the mousepads. Oh well, zero in game items q_q
Wendel Clark
Member
(07-18-2017, 07:13 AM)
Wendel Clark's Avatar
how big are they

I want Roshan, slark, slardar, and tide

I want to buy a couple but don't want to risk doubles. 😡
Artanisix
There are two things I'll never do,
Ellen Page and IHL2
(07-18-2017, 10:33 AM)
Artanisix's Avatar
i'm a bit confused, are there no lockless luckvases or trove carafes this year?
Twookie
Member
(07-18-2017, 12:16 PM)
Twookie's Avatar
You know, there are things on the secret shop I would buy but I always know that the shipping fee will add atleast another 100 dollars to the final sum and it always makes me not buy anything from the site :(

Originally Posted by Artanisix

i'm a bit confused, are there no lockless luckvases or trove carafes this year?

I'm pretty certain I saw someone on reddit post that they received trove carafe 2017 cards after getting the lina figurine - so there should be LL and TC's this year IIRC
shira
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:28 PM)
shira's Avatar
Boboka failed visa

US customs 3 - China 0

Originally Posted by Chris R

Fuuuuuuuuck those Dotakins

edit: So I'll get a few Dotakins and the playing cards. None of the shirts are speaking to me and I dont like the figures these past few years.

Makes it easy to get out for cheap. I could use a new wallet, but they are all too garish for a professional old man like me. Same with the mousepads. Oh well, zero in game items q_q

dotakins have emoticons codes

Originally Posted by Artanisix

i'm a bit confused, are there no lockless luckvases or trove carafes this year?

The figma and the nendoroid give you the imbued trove carafe 2017 the dota store will have the luckvessel and trove carafe in the store a few days before the event

Since the plushies don't have luckbox codes it might be in the attendee-only items.

Originally Posted by Wendel Clark

how big are they

I want Roshan, slark, slardar, and tide

I want to buy a couple but don't want to risk doubles. ��

The only clue is the wood under the pudge. Is that a standard 2x4 plank - looks smaller. I'm guessing they are 1" or 2"
Monochromaticx
Member
(07-18-2017, 02:59 PM)
Monochromaticx's Avatar

Originally Posted by shira

Boboka failed visa

US customs 3 - China 0

should have added visa predictions in the battle pass.
Hylian7
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:19 PM)
Hylian7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Artanisix

i'm a bit confused, are there no lockless luckvases or trove carafes this year?

Originally Posted by Twookie

You know, there are things on the secret shop I would buy but I always know that the shipping fee will add atleast another 100 dollars to the final sum and it always makes me not buy anything from the site :(


I'm pretty certain I saw someone on reddit post that they received trove carafe 2017 cards after getting the lina figurine - so there should be LL and TC's this year IIRC

Trove carafes we know are with the figurines like Twookie said. As for the Lockless Luckvases, my guess is they come with the Dotakins. They said the Dotakins come with some kind of digital code.

Edit: Dotakins have emoticon codes, guess they aren't Lockless Luckvases.
Zia
Banned
(07-18-2017, 03:26 PM)
Saw comments on the Valve store (yeah, I know... ) implying that if you buy multiples of a blind box item you will receive duplicates? Is that just bitterness? Really want to grab a few Dotakins...

Thread Tools