• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Tekken |OT3| : Page 109
Phoenix RISING
Member
(07-13-2017, 06:21 AM)
Phoenix RISING's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famicom

I know DNAgent actually lol, he's not the ragequitting type. Probably network error.

BULL****. That game lag-free. He disconnected as soon as he hit the ground and the match was over.
Phoenix RISING
Member
(07-15-2017, 02:52 AM)
Phoenix RISING's Avatar
I am one of those people you encounter who has won only 1 game out of his last 15. Played for 30 min and dropped two ranks from fighter while three other ppl get promotions against me.

Humiliating

I'm starting to feel like Brawler is my "true" skill level. Every time I jump up to vanguard, I end up losing to a bunch of people in straight matched who are "boosting" their 2nd and 3rd characters. Meanwhile, my main (Ling) never strays too far from my Asuka and Kaz, and I barely know any of the latter's moves (and I darn sure can't EWFG or wavedash.

I've spent like 30 min in practice with Kaz and I mostly just stand back and punish and yet I spend hours with Ling practicing but they're the same rank.
The Kree
Member
(07-17-2017, 06:36 AM)
The Kree's Avatar
Some of the new move animations look like they might have been leftovers from TxSF. Katarina's moves seem like they'd fit Chun-Li and Eliza's look like they would have gone to Sakura.

I haven't explored the rest of the new characters much yet, but I suspect there's more like that.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:16 AM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
NUMB KNEW!

Geese is actually in Tekken. Yeah!
AllenShrz
Member
(07-17-2017, 02:47 PM)
AllenShrz's Avatar
Can someone tell me what to do against Eliza qcb 3, 1.

Today I fought against an Eliza that was spamming that but I could not do anything about it, I could not punish or sidestep at all, not even with 10f punishers I was able to do something about it. BUT in practice mode I could punish that move easily every time. Whats the catch?
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:35 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
Shit, it seems Geese has FADC cancel.

Now I have to play Akumer and see how it works.
SquirrelSoup
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:02 PM)
SquirrelSoup's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Shit, it seems Geese has FADC cancel.

Now I have to play Akumer and see how it works.

I think it's a max activation actually. Didn't you play KoF14?
galvenize
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:07 PM)
galvenize's Avatar

Originally Posted by AllenShrz

Can someone tell me what to do against Eliza qcb 3, 1.

Today I fought against an Eliza that was spamming that but I could not do anything about it, I could not punish or sidestep at all, not even with 10f punishers I was able to do something about it. BUT in practice mode I could punish that move easily every time. Whats the catch?

Qcb 3 is usually punishable on block. If you're caught in the low jab qcb 4 spam you can parry the low jab. Not sure how viable backdashing is in that situation but you could try that.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:13 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by SquirrelSoup

I think it's a max activation actually. Didn't you play KoF14?

I did, but I don't think there is MAX mode just straight Akuma's fadc. Max mode would be cool though.

Doesn't Eliza have FADC? I don't have her.
galvenize
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:14 PM)
galvenize's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

I did, but I don't think there is MAX mode just straight Akuma's fadc. Max mode would be cool though.

Doesn't Eliza have FADC? I don't have her.

She can only "fadc" after a fireball.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-17-2017, 08:19 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by galvenize

She can only "fadc" after a fireball.

I see.

Come to think of it, he does "super" version of qcf+p after fadc. This could be Max indeed.

Noo! I don't wanna hype myself up!

I smell VF character for DLC3.
Alchemy
Member
(07-18-2017, 12:27 AM)
Alchemy's Avatar
When the hell can I get Eliza its been 30 days >.>
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-19-2017, 04:53 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
Damn, I got teared apart in ranked today. Jin lost 3 ranks to super defensive players. At least Lee gained 3 ranks instead.

Also some serious Akuma appeared. Was impossible until I figured him out and got 2 wins then he left. Obvious.
Numb
(07-19-2017, 06:13 PM)
Numb's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

NUMB KNEW!

Geese is actually in Tekken. Yeah!

bless
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-19-2017, 06:22 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Numb

bless

Come back!



Are you feeling ok, man?
Numb
(07-19-2017, 06:26 PM)
Numb's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Come back!



Are you feeling ok, man?

I'm back
With lots of rust. Catch you on the weekend
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-19-2017, 06:39 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Numb

I'm back
With lots of rust. Catch you on the weekend

YES!

AAK
Member
(07-20-2017, 12:43 AM)
AAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dereck

Tekken 7 Offline Sesh (PC) - w/ Dereck, FoxFists & AAK (Part 1)



Tekken 7 Offline Sesh (PC) - w/ Dereck, FoxFists & AAK (Part 2)



Tekken 7 Offline Sesh (PC) - w/ Dereck, FoxFists & AAK (Part 3)

Hey man, Awesome time. (You know I woulda fared better if I wasn't using pad :P) Also, after the 4+ hour session it needs to be said: Tekken 7 PC >>>>>>>>>>>> Console

Here's those 2 nerds FoxFist & Dereck kicking the shit out of each other:

Anyways, here's me and him chilling in downtown Toronto (Dereck is a pretty massive guy, wouldn't recommend messing with him):

Numb
(07-20-2017, 02:28 AM)
Numb's Avatar
I ain't scared!
Phoenix RISING
Member
(07-20-2017, 02:44 AM)
Phoenix RISING's Avatar
Started my night as a Vanguard, having won 9 out of my last 10.

Demoted down to Maurauder having lost 19 out of 21.

Nothing like losing to a King and never ending throw strings.
Last edited by Phoenix RISING; 07-20-2017 at 02:48 AM.
Numb
(07-20-2017, 02:46 AM)
Numb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phoenix RISING

Started my night as a Vanguard, having won 9 out of my last 10.

Demoted down to Maurauder having lost 18 out of 20.

GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-20-2017, 07:33 AM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by AAK

Hey man, Awesome time. (You know I woulda fared better if I wasn't using pad :P) Also, after the 4+ hour session it needs to be said: Tekken 7 PC >>>>>>>>>>>> Console

Here's those 2 nerds FoxFist & Dereck kicking the shit out of each other:



Anyways, here's me and him chilling in downtown Toronto (Dereck is a pretty massive guy, wouldn't recommend messing with him):

Cool pics!

I know I saw an actor that looked like you AAK. Can't remember who though.
Numb
(07-21-2017, 12:07 AM)
Numb's Avatar
Tekken 7 number 1 in NPD

MoonsaultSlayer
Member
(07-21-2017, 03:46 AM)
MoonsaultSlayer's Avatar
I'll post this here too:

Originally Posted by MoonsaultSlayer

Played a chunk of online for the first time since just after they fixed the matchmaking after launch. Man, I have a blast, but when I lose and don't know why, I get a bit upset.

And when I say "don't know why" I'm referring to being constantly oki-ed and not knowing how to get up, or getting hit by the same starting hit whether I stand or crouch block or just being unable to counter fast pokes in general. I play as Yoshi and Cosmic Forge has offered great tips in the past, but I want to be able to know when to throw out certain moves and which popular moves from opponents are best countered by X or Y move etc. Any Yoshi specific channel for that?

GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-21-2017, 08:07 AM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoonsaultSlayer

I'll post this here too:

On poking:

Counter poking can be hard online. Many times the guard animation can be cancelled before it ends, it's never obvious though. There's a reason why 90% of players can't punish Kazuya's df+2 and even let Kaz do stuff afterwards because the timing is weird.

Jossie's 1,2,2 is supposed to be -13 but I tried 10 frame jab as hard as I could every time and still didn't punish it online. Again weird timing and you aren't suppose to look at full guard animation.
Phoenix RISING
Member
(07-21-2017, 02:42 PM)
Phoenix RISING's Avatar

Originally Posted by Numb

Back up to Vindicator.
SquirrelSoup
Member
(07-21-2017, 05:55 PM)
SquirrelSoup's Avatar
ggs Grayfox.

Man, your playstyle leaves me pretty salty at times <.<
Numb
(07-21-2017, 06:04 PM)
Numb's Avatar
Grayfox come beat me up
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-21-2017, 06:26 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by SquirrelSoup

ggs Grayfox.

Man, your playstyle leaves me pretty salty at times <.<

Ggs, yours give me salt too, haha. I panic from all those pokes.

If I could ask a favor - could you always leave the best of 3 rounds like you did later? I know 4 round match is to extend gameplay but if it goes into marathon 6-7 rounds back to back my hands are falling off. Best of 3 and load times give me time to rest and play closer to my potential.

Originally Posted by Numb

Grayfox come beat me up

Come on man, you know I don't play at this hour. Today I played Tekken like 8 hours straight.
Numb
(07-21-2017, 06:28 PM)
Numb's Avatar
It's 7PM :___;
On friday
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-21-2017, 06:36 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Numb

It's 7PM :___;
On friday

I can't, I end gaming at 6. I wouldn't even have any strength left anyway. I'm old, like this old:



It's funny that the more I'm becoming an old fart the more I appreciate Paul, Kaz and others being old farts in Tekken, lol.
SquirrelSoup
Member
(07-21-2017, 06:36 PM)
SquirrelSoup's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Ggs, yours give me salt too, haha. I panic from all those pokes.

If I could ask a favor - could you always leave the best of 3 rounds like you did later? I know 4 round match is to extend gameplay but if it goes into marathon 6-7 rounds back to back my hands are falling off. Best of 3 and load times give me time to rest and play closer to my potential.

Sure, the new patch makes the lobby a bit faster too it seems. I'll probably leave it on 3 in the future. Before it was just sooooo long in between matches ;/
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-21-2017, 06:38 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by SquirrelSoup

Sure, the new patch makes the lobby a bit faster too it seems. I'll probably leave it on 3 in the future. Before it was just sooooo long in between matches ;/

Great!
Numb
(07-21-2017, 06:52 PM)
Numb's Avatar
Lol
GrayFoxPL
Member
(07-22-2017, 08:48 AM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
I have 2-3 hours if anyone wants to jump in.
AyzOn
Junior Member
(07-22-2017, 09:12 PM)
AyzOn's Avatar
I need a bit help..

Iīve been playing with Nina for a while now and I enjoy her moves so far, but since im still a super noob I only get so far as to launch someone and then thatīs kinda it.

one example: d+2,3 hits low and then launches, now how do I find out what I can do after that? I think people are looking for "guaranteed" moves or something like that but im not sure about the terminology there.

I found one or two strings/combos or whatever they are called, like for example f+2,1,2 connects with an airborne opponent. Finding that one was pure coincidence though.^^

Thanks in advance!
Numb
(07-22-2017, 09:20 PM)
Numb's Avatar

Originally Posted by AyzOn

I need a bit help..

Iīve been playing with Nina for a while now and I enjoy her moves so far, but since im still a super noob I only get so far as to launch someone and then thatīs kinda it.

one example: d+2,3 hits low and then launches, now how do I find out what I can do after that? I think people are looking for "guaranteed" moves or something like that but im not sure about the terminology there.

I found one or two strings/combos or whatever they are called, like for example f+2,1,2 connects with an airborne opponent. Finding that one was pure coincidence though.^^

Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1sA...0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
AyzOn
Junior Member
(07-23-2017, 05:02 PM)
AyzOn's Avatar
This helped me a lot thank you!

I learned one of those and I can finally pick people up from the ground, also having a go to combo frees up so much of my mind that I can actually pay more attention to what my opponent does.
Phoenix RISING
Member
(07-26-2017, 12:25 AM)
Phoenix RISING's Avatar
Finally beat a Nina and her seemingle I finite poke strings.

Asuka reversals puts an end to that.

Thread Tools