• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Tekken |OT3| : Page 2
Rajang
Member
(10-30-2016, 08:02 PM)
Rajang's Avatar
People hating on Poongko too much, smh.
sasuke_91
Member
(10-30-2016, 09:45 PM)
sasuke_91's Avatar
Anyone wanna play?
Numb
(10-30-2016, 09:47 PM)
Numb's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Sorry Poongko, TxSF is just Harada's troll roll.

Let the man dream

Originally Posted by sasuke_91

Anyone wanna play?

Coming online
ZeroTheShadow
Banned
(10-30-2016, 10:34 PM)
Joey got tournament nerves something fierce & blew it. Joey beat Poongko in 3 straight sets yesterday but made queationable choices today sadly.
Numb
(10-30-2016, 10:57 PM)
Numb's Avatar
Good games Sasuke
Tough getting used to solo again
Your friends are good
AAK
Member
(10-30-2016, 11:07 PM)
AAK's Avatar
Nobody would have had a chance unless they're a Green Arcade red ranker. Akuma is broken God Tier in the Tekken Tour FR build.
sasuke_91
Member
(10-30-2016, 11:35 PM)
sasuke_91's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ironfist Sect

Good games Sasuke
Tough getting used to solo again
Your friends are good

Good games man. Solo in TTT2 is kind of weird. It just feels wrong :p
Necessary to prepare for T7 though.

Yeah my friends are good. Got to know them through a German forum and became friends with them in real life. Plaing Offline with them is great.
Rajang
Member
(10-31-2016, 12:28 AM)
Rajang's Avatar
I wanted to play as well.. guess I'm late again.

Originally Posted by AAK

Nobody would have had a chance unless they're a Green Arcade red ranker. Akuma is broken God Tier in the Tekken Tour FR build.

lol pretty much.
Dereck
Banned
(10-31-2016, 12:35 AM)
For those of you who may have missed it, about a week ago Aris said this.

https://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepud...57013?t=03m14s

I think it makes sense, glad to see him competing and making it to top 8. Anyone could argue that not a lot of great competition was there but regardless he made it out of losers and got to grand finals, proud of the guy.
Sayah
Member
(10-31-2016, 04:17 AM)
New OT. Awesome. And for once I don't have the highest number of posts.
Famicom
Member
(10-31-2016, 06:09 PM)
Famicom's Avatar
This is a really good Harada/Murray interview from TGS but this last answer from Harada, hmmm:

We’ve been developing this series for so long and sold over 44 million copies worldwide, one thing we’ve learned is how much the Internet lies. They always tell us that Kunimitsu is the most popular character throughout the world, and they tell us we need to put her in the game. They tell us that we need to put in a variety of cultures, races and the characters need to be unique, whatever. But, when you look at the data and see which characters people are playing, it doesn’t match what they are saying. You get the feeling everyone is saying one thing to be politically correct but choosing something else.

Be careful, buddy. Minorities want (good) representation because we so rarely get it. Doesn't mean you'll see great numbers or data from it, but things like this are still appreciated on a social level, and that kinda stuff does matter in the world today. It doesn't always have to be about the numbers despite businesses being all about that, as Harada referenced in this interview.
Last edited by Famicom; 10-31-2016 at 06:15 PM.
ZeroTheShadow
Banned
(10-31-2016, 06:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Famicom

This is a really good Harada/Murray interview from TGS but this last answer from Harada, hmmm:

Be careful, buddy. Minorities want (good) representation because we so rarely get it. Doesn't mean you'll see great numbers or data from it, but things like this are still appreciated on a social level, and that kinda stuff does matter in the world today. It doesn't always have to be about the numbers despite businesses being all about that, as Harada referenced in this interview.

He's running a business period. Try to justify an extra $20 million in production costs to something that is unlikely to increase your profit margin. Please have some perspective man.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(10-31-2016, 07:21 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
Lol Harada, I wanna see the proof that "internet" told him that: "Kunimitsu is the most popular character throughout the world". What a load of bullcrap.


Damn, Harada you were so badass when you were young.


What happened?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I (well my mom) vacuumed the shit out of my PS3 and I thought Tag2 will work fine now.
Now imagine: Ranked, you lead 2:0, opponent pinned to a wall and you're running with Armor King to finish opp off and during the fff+3 animation PS3 turns itself off!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!



I have 10% disconnect rate because of this shit! Never had this! Why only Tag2 online does this?! Only this one!
Last edited by GrayFoxPL; 10-31-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Famicom
Member
(10-31-2016, 07:39 PM)
Famicom's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

I (well my mom) vacuumed the shit out of my PS3 and I thought Tag2 will work fine now.
Now imagine: Ranked, you lead 2:0, opponent pinned to a wall and you're running with Armor King to finish opp off and during the fff+3 animation PS3 turns itself off!

My fat PS3 died in December 2014. IIRC in the Summer of 2012 was the first time it auto-shutdown, from what I assumed to be overheating. 2013, it happened two more times. 2014, TTT2 (and ONLY TTT2) began to have weird character glitches. Certain custom clothing items would have stretched polygons that could cover the whole screen. That winter, the crashes got more frequent, and the final moments of life I had with it was hearing Siegfried's attacking voice get stretched into oblivion as it finally kicked the bucket. I couldn't save it.

So, enjoy your remaining time.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(10-31-2016, 07:58 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famicom

My fat PS3 died in December 2014. IIRC in the Summer of 2012 was the first time it auto-shutdown, from what I assumed to be overheating. 2013, it happened two more times. 2014, TTT2 (and ONLY TTT2) began to have weird character glitches. Certain custom clothing items would have stretched polygons that could cover the whole screen. That winter, the crashes got more frequent, and the final moments of life I had with it was hearing Siegfried's attacking voice get stretched into oblivion as it finally kicked the bucket. I couldn't save it.

So, enjoy your remaining time.

I know I was sure dying PS3 is the problem, but shit just doesn't add up.

I could understand if it happened in other games, like I can murder my PS3 whole day playing other games making the disc drive haul like a jet engine. I was literally trying to make it shut off by itself and nothing, zero problems, no sweat. I turn my ps3 in the morning, 40 minutes of Tag2 online and PS3 suicides mid match.


I'm suspecting some firmware glitch or some shit. It literally looks like some single isolated thing.
sasuke_91
Member
(10-31-2016, 08:01 PM)
sasuke_91's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famicom

My fat PS3 died in December 2014. IIRC in the Summer of 2012 was the first time it auto-shutdown, from what I assumed to be overheating. 2013, it happened two more times. 2014, TTT2 (and ONLY TTT2) began to have weird character glitches. Certain custom clothing items would have stretched polygons that could cover the whole screen. That winter, the crashes got more frequent, and the final moments of life I had with it was hearing Siegfried's attacking voice get stretched into oblivion as it finally kicked the bucket. I couldn't save it.

So, enjoy your remaining time.

Very dramatic story. I like it.


Yesterday, my 9 year old nephew saw Hwoarang's T7 outfit for the first time. His reaction:
"That's Hwoarang? First, he's a soldier (T4), then he looked whatever and now he's a... pirate?"

I gave him my PS2 with T4 and T5 as well, so he knows what Hwoarang looked like. Pirate is a very accurate description in my opinion^^
GrayFoxPL
Member
(10-31-2016, 08:06 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by sasuke_91

Very dramatic story. I like it.


Yesterday, my 9 year old nephew saw Hwoarang's T7 outfit for the first time. His reaction:
"That's Hwoarang? First, he's a soldier (T4), then he looked whatever and now he's a... pirate?"

I gave him my PS2 with T4 and T5 as well, so he knows what Hwoarang looked like. Pirate is a very accurate description in my opinion^^



Edit: Imo many costumes are over designed. Xiaoyu's nice, Bryan's cool, Drag's ok. Paul's would be too if not for whole asymmetric shit.
Last edited by GrayFoxPL; 10-31-2016 at 08:12 PM.
AAK
Member
(10-31-2016, 08:38 PM)
AAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famicom

This is a really good Harada/Murray interview from TGS but this last answer from Harada, hmmm:



Be careful, buddy. Minorities want (good) representation because we so rarely get it. Doesn't mean you'll see great numbers or data from it, but things like this are still appreciated on a social level, and that kinda stuff does matter in the world today. It doesn't always have to be about the numbers despite businesses being all about that, as Harada referenced in this interview.

Wow... *rolls eyes*

Namco gonna Namco.
SDBurton
World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
(11-01-2016, 01:05 AM)
SDBurton's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZeroTheShadow

He's running a business period. Try to justify an extra $20 million in production costs to something that is unlikely to increase your profit margin. Please have some perspective man.

Agreed. Harada has always been and will always be a 'data' guy. While I would love for my favorite character to return to T7, I know there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening due to her low usage in Tag 2 and he doesn't see a profit in adding her. If anything, I respect him more for giving an honest answer instead of dancing around it like other companies would probably do.
Rajang
Member
(11-01-2016, 01:15 AM)
Rajang's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL



Edit: Imo many costumes are over designed. Xiaoyu's nice, Bryan's cool, Drag's ok. Paul's would be too if not for whole asymmetric shit.

Yep, most of them are completely over designed. My favorites are Xiaoyu, Feng, Bryan and Dragunov.

Hwoarang is definitely the worst for me. He looks absolutely ridiculous.

I'm glad the vanilla costumes are still in the game.
Cosmic Forge
Member
(11-01-2016, 09:28 AM)
Cosmic Forge's Avatar
.
Last edited by Cosmic Forge; 01-31-2017 at 04:23 AM.
Playsage
Member
(11-01-2016, 12:40 PM)
Playsage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famicom

This is a really good Harada/Murray interview from TGS but this last answer from Harada, hmmm:



Be careful, buddy. Minorities want (good) representation because we so rarely get it. Doesn't mean you'll see great numbers or data from it, but things like this are still appreciated on a social level, and that kinda stuff does matter in the world today. It doesn't always have to be about the numbers despite businesses being all about that, as Harada referenced in this interview.

Just woke up and I'm now in a bad mood reading this.

Goddammit, Harada.

I'll laugh like a mad man if the new characters end up having worse usage percentuage than the discarded originals
SquirrelSoup
Member
(11-01-2016, 01:45 PM)
SquirrelSoup's Avatar
Character usage is well and good as a statistic, but they can't tell -why- a character is used so much.

Do people use Bob so much because they think he's great as a character or because he's super strong? Do people not use Zafina because they don't like her design or because she's weak?

I hope they at least consider this properly =/
sasuke_91
Member
(11-01-2016, 02:42 PM)
sasuke_91's Avatar

Originally Posted by SquirrelSoup

Character usage is well and good as a statistic, but they can't tell -why- a character is used so much.

Do people use Bob so much because they think he's great as a character or because he's super strong? Do people not use Zafina because they don't like her design or because she's weak?

I hope they at least consider this properly =/

Exactly. Kunimitsu isn't used a lot because she's not a strong character, not because they nobody likes her aesthetics-wise. If she came back with a 13f launcher, an unseeable low launcher and 15 command throws, nobody would even think about using Bob.
FACE
Banned
(11-01-2016, 04:10 PM)
https://www.twitch.tv/tkjdcr
GrayFoxPL
Member
(11-01-2016, 06:13 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dereck

OUG 2016 - S2 | TTT2 Grand Final: Hisham (Law/Forest Law) vs JDCR (Dragunov/Devil Jin)







Currayzey!
Dereck
Banned
(11-01-2016, 11:36 PM)
AvoidingThePuddle - Canada Cup 2016 Recap
Spuck-uk
Member
(11-02-2016, 11:34 AM)
Spuck-uk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Famicom

This is a really good Harada/Murray interview from TGS but this last answer from Harada, hmmm:



Be careful, buddy. Minorities want (good) representation because we so rarely get it. Doesn't mean you'll see great numbers or data from it, but things like this are still appreciated on a social level, and that kinda stuff does matter in the world today. It doesn't always have to be about the numbers despite businesses being all about that, as Harada referenced in this interview.

He's got a point about character representation though. All these vocal people saying Anna and Lei HAVE to be in the game, and yet you almost never actually meet, see, hear about anyone who uses these characters.

Also people need to accept that Armour King is actually dead.
Spuck-uk
Member
(11-02-2016, 11:41 AM)
Spuck-uk's Avatar

Originally Posted by sasuke_91

Exactly. Kunimitsu isn't used a lot because she's not a strong character, not because they nobody likes her aesthetics-wise. If she came back with a 13f launcher, an unseeable low launcher and 15 command throws, nobody would even think about using Bob.

Is she actually that popular aesthetics wise? I was really surprised when she came back for Tag 2.

OTOH Asuka/Lili are definitely really popular, even with being mid-tier at best.
sf2fanatic
Member
(11-03-2016, 06:45 AM)
sf2fanatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ironfist Sect

New thread!


--

Just in time to see Aris drop combos

sweet combo gif right there
GrayFoxPL
Member
(11-03-2016, 12:10 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spuck-uk

He's got a point about character representation though. All these vocal people saying Anna and Lei HAVE to be in the game, and yet you almost never actually meet, see, hear about anyone who uses these characters.

Also people need to accept that Armour King is actually dead.

Play online much? After 16 000+ online fights from which 12.600 are random ranked matches I probably have some input on this. Anna is very popular, pretty much Nina's level.
Those characters no one ever plays like Miguel or Wang and Ganryu - I fought shitload of them. Lei is kinda on Yoshimitsu level of popularity, wont see him everywhere but he's there.
Kunimitsu in Tag2 feels like an unfished character, stiff mish mash done in hurry without that polishing process every character needs.
She actually felt more like a real character in Tag1.
Maybe that's why she isn't very popular in Tag2. People can sense sloppy work where there wasn't put much heart or passion. Maybe just budget run out. But Harada shouldn't be surprised about reception of a bonus half-made character.

Put in her as much work as in his beloved Alisa. Then check people's reception.
AAK
Member
(11-04-2016, 02:52 AM)
AAK's Avatar

Live set huh? Are we gonna get another Ipad DJ moment?

Spuck-uk
Member
(11-04-2016, 11:35 AM)
Spuck-uk's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Play online much? After 16 000+ online fights from which 12.600 are random ranked matches I probably have some input on this. Anna is very popular, pretty much Nina's level.
Those characters no one ever plays like Miguel or Wang and Ganryu - I fought shitload of them. Lei is kinda on Yoshimitsu level of popularity, wont see him everywhere but he's there.
Kunimitsu in Tag2 feels like an unfished character, stiff mish mash done in hurry without that polishing process every character needs.
She actually felt more like a real character in Tag1.
Maybe that's why she isn't very popular in Tag2. People can sense sloppy work where there wasn't put much heart or passion. Maybe just budget run out. But Harada shouldn't be surprised about reception of a bonus half-made character.

Put in her as much work as in his beloved Alisa. Then check people's reception.

I mostly play offline tbh, so you're working with a bigger sample size, but I've never played against an Anna in casuals or tournament, and theres a good amount of Miguels.

Ganryu and Wang are boring, and I hope they never come back.
Dereck
Banned
(11-04-2016, 11:41 AM)








Hint: It's not Miguel
GrayFoxPL
Member
(11-04-2016, 06:55 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
Shaheen seems to went in the dark lately. Barely any new match videos with him on usual youtube channels.
Sayah
Member
(11-04-2016, 06:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Dereck

Hint: It's not Miguel

I thought it was pretty obvious that it's Shaheen. Looks really rad.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(11-04-2016, 07:19 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
I kinda doubted at first glance. "Arcades got Miguel?"
Gambit61
Member
(11-04-2016, 07:37 PM)
Gambit61's Avatar

Originally Posted by AAK

Live set huh? Are we gonna get another Ipad DJ moment?

Murs vs Michael Rocks, so random lol.
Rajang
Member
(11-04-2016, 08:00 PM)
Rajang's Avatar
Damn, Shaheen looking hot.
GrayFoxPL
Member
(11-04-2016, 08:09 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
Damn, It's so hard to find watchable and enjoyable match videos these days. Now to shitty customs they added stupid, nerve wrecking taiko drum sound effects. It's so fucking shit and annoying why would anyone do this to themselves and viewers?
It's a plague. You gotta be lucky to find match without: Bong! Bong! Pat! Pat! Klank Klank!



But I don't blame the players, I blame ppl who put this shit in the game. It's like the dumbest item ideas get green lit every time in T7. Why?
Last edited by GrayFoxPL; 11-04-2016 at 08:15 PM.
AAK
Member
(11-04-2016, 08:54 PM)
AAK's Avatar
Based PC mods to the rescue.

Or maybe Namco would allow a 'No Customs' option in-game. LOL
Sayah
Member
(11-05-2016, 01:06 AM)

Originally Posted by AAK

Based PC mods to the rescue.

Or maybe Namco would allow a 'No Customs' option in-game. LOL

SOL non-PC players. I would be infuriated having to deal with those Taiko drums. Namco was like "we're already polluting everyones eyes, might as well get their ears too."
GrayFoxPL
Member
(11-05-2016, 02:19 AM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
Crap! this game still looks so damn good.
AAK
Member
(11-05-2016, 03:56 AM)
AAK's Avatar
I actually really loved it when Namco had Virtua Fighter levels of detail on its characters. My mind was blown when Namco gave Dragunov even character specific reversals post tackle:





I wonder if they'll ever go back to that level of detail on future Tekkens. Ever since Tekken 6.0 they stopped bothering with providing characters a command grab that can be broken with a 1 or a 2. And for T7 all of the new characters introduced after Gigas/Josie no longer have unique side-throws. Both Kazumi/Akuma have the same grab animation on both sides.

That's probably one of the biggest reasons I find so many of these newcommers unappealing to play. They don't feel like they got as much care and detail in their movelists compared to when Steve/Raven/Dragunov/etc. had their debuts.
Rajang
Member
(11-05-2016, 04:17 AM)
Rajang's Avatar
Osaka qualifier for Japan live right now: https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Top 4 for the ladies is about to begin.
Dereck
Banned
(11-05-2016, 06:53 AM)
Cool costumes



Cool float combo

Coda
Member
(11-05-2016, 06:58 AM)
Coda's Avatar
Damn!

https://clips.twitch.tv/tekken/SuperPonyKappaPride
Dereck
Banned
(11-05-2016, 07:10 AM)


EDIT:

Last edited by Dereck; 11-05-2016 at 07:21 AM.
sasuke_91
Member
(11-05-2016, 08:28 AM)
sasuke_91's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Crap! this game still looks so damn good.

It does! But wow, Dengojin and BMNS were so bad back then :p

Originally Posted by LUCKY n WILD

Damn!

https://clips.twitch.tv/tekken/SuperPonyKappaPride

Damn.

Thread Tools