• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Aangster
Junior Member
(07-16-2017, 03:57 PM)
Aangster's Avatar
How often does TF2 go on sale? Perhaps to coincide with entering Early Access or the upcoming update?
Last edited by Aangster; 07-16-2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: mispelling
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-16-2017, 04:07 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
PC numbers weren't Origin Access related? What the hell is it?
grendelrt
Member
(07-16-2017, 05:06 PM)
grendelrt's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

PC numbers weren't Origin Access related? What the hell is it?

I messaged my friend last night about it, no clue what's going on but it's nice!
Arrrammis
Member
(07-16-2017, 06:11 PM)
Arrrammis's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

PC numbers weren't Origin Access related? What the hell is it?

I think it might be from SGDQ, since Titanfall 2 had a pretty good speedrun there. Otherwise, I have no idea.
Bornstellar
Sickle Cell Anemia - Not Just For Blacks Anymore!™
(07-16-2017, 06:40 PM)
Bornstellar's Avatar
Pirates probably.
DantesLink
Junior Member
(07-16-2017, 06:56 PM)
DantesLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bornstellar

Pirates probably.


Seems to be the case.
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-16-2017, 07:06 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
Well that sucks

Wait, apparently the crack is offline only? How would that count towards the online numbers?
Last edited by OdysseusVA; 07-16-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Izuna
Member
(07-16-2017, 08:05 PM)
Izuna's Avatar
Oh shit ;(

that's fucking awful

edit: nvm offline only

still tho wtf
DantesLink
Junior Member
(07-16-2017, 08:15 PM)
DantesLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Well that sucks

Wait, apparently the crack is offline only? How would that count towards the online numbers?

From what I've heard, the user counts whoever's on regardless of mode.
Izuna
Member
(07-16-2017, 08:49 PM)
Izuna's Avatar

Originally Posted by DantesLink

From what I've heard, the user counts whoever's on regardless of mode.

Really? That blows.
The Antitype
Banned
(07-17-2017, 12:10 AM)
The Antitype's Avatar
God DAMN, when this game works and all the elements come together (or all the weak ones get out of the way), there really isn't a shooter on the market that comes even close.

Ok, except TitanFall 1.

But still. Damn this game is fun when you're on a great map, with two even teams, and the ping is solid. Just had an Attrition match that was basically a non-stop churn of pilots-vs-titans-vs-pilots-vs-titans... there were like, NONE of those quieter moments of straight PvP, or TvT, with player dispersed around the map, and the battle was just this endless chain of hand-offs between different skirmishes up and down the map.

I think I wore out my Kinect shouting 'Xbox Record That!'
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-17-2017, 01:25 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
A-wall execution...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71SrKbiRx4

Also, the influx of players on PC may have been partly due to a couple of Overwatch pros (Seagull) recently playing the game. Apparently he played TF1 and thinks TF2 is a downgrade. Just sayin.
Last edited by OdysseusVA; 07-17-2017 at 01:36 PM.
disillusion386
Member
(07-17-2017, 02:38 PM)
disillusion386's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

A-wall execution...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71SrKbiRx4

Well that looks pretty... lame. Hope there's more to it.
SmartWaffles
Member
(07-17-2017, 03:30 PM)
SmartWaffles's Avatar

Originally Posted by disillusion386

Well that looks pretty... lame. Hope there's more to it.

Lame tactical deserves lame execution.
The Antitype
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:07 PM)
The Antitype's Avatar

Originally Posted by disillusion386

Well that looks pretty... lame. Hope there's more to it.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping for something like, he drops the wall and then smashes the dude's face into it [a few times].

Or he turns the guy around, pulls him onto the ground, then drops the a-wall on him across the neck to decapitate him.

Both kinda bend the rules of the physics of the A-Wall up to this point but... at least they'd be cooler than just shooting a gun through it.
disillusion386
Member
(07-17-2017, 05:33 PM)
disillusion386's Avatar

Originally Posted by SmartWaffles

Lame tactical deserves lame execution.

Yeah seriously.

But what I probably should have said is that it's kind of lazy that the execution animation is practically Shadow Boxing with three shots.

Originally Posted by The Antitype

Yeah, I was kinda hoping for something like, he drops the wall and then smashes the dude's face into it [a few times].

Or he turns the guy around, pulls him onto the ground, then drops the a-wall on him across the neck to decapitate him.

Both kinda bend the rules of the physics of the A-Wall up to this point but... at least they'd be cooler than just shooting a gun through it.

What would be hilarious is if Respawn got smart to Shampooh, coded in some dummy animation, then releasing something like these in the next DLC.
Toxa
Junior Member
(07-17-2017, 05:56 PM)
Toxa's Avatar
https://youtu.be/w_ZrgOx9kIw

Nuke everything lol

I'm so proud of :D
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-17-2017, 07:13 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/c...ama_july_19th/




Why don't they answer our questions?

Arrrammis
Member
(07-17-2017, 07:19 PM)
Arrrammis's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/c...ama_july_19th/

Why don't they answer our questions?

Yeah it's not like every time they leave a comment in this thread they get swarmed by angry salty players!

Oh wait...

I feel like they might be more willing to answer questions if the questions weren't "what the fuck were you thinking with the low TTK and phase shift?!? Such stupid design hurr durr hurr"
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-17-2017, 07:39 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
Whhhhaaa

Here? I haven't seen such a thing
The Antitype
Banned
(07-17-2017, 09:19 PM)
The Antitype's Avatar
Can anybody confirm or deny whether burst firing the XO-16 helps accuracy against infantry over longer distances?

Today I cross-mapped a guy on top of one of the spires at one end of Boom Town. Like, he was a dot I could barely make out in the middle of my reticule, 3 shots, dead.

I then immediately failed to kill a guy 15 feet in front of me, dead-center of the reticule.

Both were simply holding down the trigger.

I have no idea how the spread on this gun works anymore. It feels like the Titan equivalent of the Flatline right now...
disillusion386
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:21 PM)
disillusion386's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Antitype

Can anybody confirm or deny whether burst firing the XO-16 helps accuracy against infantry over longer distances?

Can't answer your question directly because I'm not sure, but I usually goose pilots with the XO by tap-firing.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(07-17-2017, 09:24 PM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arrrammis

Yeah it's not like every time they leave a comment in this thread they get swarmed by angry salty players!

Oh wait...

I feel like they might be more willing to answer questions if the questions weren't "what the fuck were you thinking with the low TTK and phase shift?!? Such stupid design hurr durr hurr"

oh yeah you're definitely not gonna get angry salty players on reddit
JaMarco
Member
(07-17-2017, 09:37 PM)
JaMarco's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Antitype

Can anybody confirm or deny whether burst firing the XO-16 helps accuracy against infantry over longer distances?

Today I cross-mapped a guy on top of one of the spires at one end of Boom Town. Like, he was a dot I could barely make out in the middle of my reticule, 3 shots, dead.

I then immediately failed to kill a guy 15 feet in front of me, dead-center of the reticule.

Both were simply holding down the trigger.

I have no idea how the spread on this gun works anymore. It feels like the Titan equivalent of the Flatline right now...

Its completely RNG as far as I can tell, tap fire or not.
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-18-2017, 12:39 AM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
For the XO, just imagine a dot in the center of the crosshair. I think the way its crosshair is designed is to mess with people? The gun shoots in a straight line IIRC. Always make sure pilots are right in the center.
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-18-2017, 01:09 AM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
I wonder if anyone on reddit will ask about the performance of their servers for the past 2 months
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-18-2017, 02:11 AM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/st...79508171345920

Tomorrow, see the trailer.




Wait, I just noticed their helmets and gear

Eh apparently they're not new gear but AI for FD :///////////////////
Last edited by OdysseusVA; 07-18-2017 at 02:30 AM.
JaMarco
Member
(07-18-2017, 03:05 AM)
JaMarco's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

For the XO, just imagine a dot in the center of the crosshair. I think the way its crosshair is designed is to mess with people? The gun shoots in a straight line IIRC. Always make sure pilots are right in the center.

It definitely doesn't shoot in a straight line but I still agree with your suggestion.
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-18-2017, 03:31 AM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
I just realized if HTTk returns it'll just be in the experimental mode again. Which sucks.

Originally Posted by JaMarco

It definitely doesn't shoot in a straight line but I still agree with your suggestion.

Yeah, haven't played Monarch in a while so my memory iffy.
DantesLink
Junior Member
(07-18-2017, 05:28 AM)
DantesLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/st...79508171345920





Wait, I just noticed their helmets and gear

Eh apparently they're not new gear but AI for FD :///////////////////

Yeah, I was in a wonder of possibilities when I first saw the tease (Custom Gear/Helm's and Emotes)...then I realized they where placed on the end of the dropship facing the other way...

Still, having droz and bear as drop buddies for (I assume) Frontier Defense is HYPE!
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(07-18-2017, 05:30 AM)
Data West's Avatar
The game desperately needs more diverse customization options but I figure at this point they're just finishing up their roadmap and starting dev on Titanfall 3 or StarWarsFall
disillusion386
Member
(07-18-2017, 01:53 PM)
disillusion386's Avatar
I never played the first Titanfall. Frontier Defense, at least from the original game, is horde mode but with some changes to weapon/titan mechanics?
Ryo Hazuki
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:04 PM)
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
FRONTIER DEFENSE IS FINALLY HERE JULY 25!

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news...rontier-shield

FRONTIER DEFENSE!
  • Co-op 4 player mode.
  • Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
  • Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
  • Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
  • There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
  • New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
  • Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
  • New, challenging enemy types to battle.
  • 5 maps supported at launch
  • Homestead
  • Forwardbase Kodai
  • War Games
  • Rise
  • Blackwater Canal
  • We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
Izuna
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:09 PM)
Izuna's Avatar
Respawn am I allowed to send Sandwiches to your offices?

holy fucking shit this is almost EVERYTHING I WANTED

<3

Aegis Ranks is lit

:fire: :fire:
disillusion386
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:19 PM)
disillusion386's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki

Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.

So.... Scorch buff via Aegis Ranks in other MP modes later?
Izuna
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:23 PM)
Izuna's Avatar
I really wish there was some 6-4 swag
Gnome Scat
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:35 PM)
Gnome Scat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Izuna

I really wish there was some 6-4 swag

Yeah, I'd definitely put out money for Prime Pilot skins.
VisceralBowl
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:35 PM)
VisceralBowl's Avatar
Rise is pretty sweet.
Izuna
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:37 PM)
Izuna's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gnome Scat

Yeah, I'd definitely put out money for Prime Pilot skins.

Well, like, I wanna wear it.

:D
SlickShoesRUCrazy
Member
(07-18-2017, 06:46 PM)
SlickShoesRUCrazy's Avatar
I didn't know I wanted titan mortars until now lol
The Antitype
Banned
(07-18-2017, 08:18 PM)
The Antitype's Avatar
Now that we have a mode dedicated to shooting AI opponents, can we please get Reapers the fuck out of every competitive mode they're present in?

Surely the egos on the line are insulated enough by this new mode, and they can accept brainless bullet sponges are nothing but giant, stinking dumps in the competitive sandbox?
The Antitype
Banned
(07-18-2017, 09:28 PM)
The Antitype's Avatar
JFC with the archer missles that track through right angle turns behind cover.

*facepalm*

One shot to take down a full shield, from a weapon that requires zero aiming, leading, etc. Seriously?
Last edited by The Antitype; 07-18-2017 at 09:38 PM.
waxinlyrical
Member
(07-18-2017, 10:13 PM)
waxinlyrical's Avatar

Originally Posted by Izuna

Respawn am I allowed to send Sandwiches to your offices?

holy fucking shit this is almost EVERYTHING I WANTED

<3

Aegis Ranks is lit

:fire: :fire:

I hope you aren't being sarcastic, but yes. We've had cookies sent to us before, and they were delicious:

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/880897979141378048
Izuna
Member
(07-18-2017, 10:42 PM)
Izuna's Avatar

Originally Posted by waxinlyrical

I hope you aren't being sarcastic, but yes. We've had cookies sent to us before, and they were delicious:

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/880897979141378048

Ooo, be on the lookout.

sandwiches won't stay fresh ;(

Very rarely do I get precise hopes coming to games I love <3
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-18-2017, 11:53 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
So the Elite Warpaints should have been unlockables I feel. Give players something to work towards instead of just filling meaningless bars. So many missed opportunities to keep the players engaged.

And buying Warpaints that grant XP boosts seems like a slippery slope...
Cels
Member
(07-18-2017, 11:54 PM)
Cels's Avatar
Are the limited warpaints usable on prime titans?
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-18-2017, 11:55 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cels

Are the limited warpaints usable on prime titans?

Nope
Cels
Member
(07-19-2017, 12:13 AM)
Cels's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Nope

That's dumb. So if you want the extra xp in frontier defense you'll have to avoid using your prime titan?
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(07-19-2017, 12:16 AM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cels

That's dumb. So if you want the extra xp in frontier defense you'll have to avoid using your prime titan?

Correct

Edit: Actually I think they mentioned it in the FNN that as long as you own them you should get the XP boost.

Edit 2: The wording suggests its only for the weapon warpaints that provide the boost even when not equipped.
Last edited by OdysseusVA; 07-19-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Bornstellar
Sickle Cell Anemia - Not Just For Blacks Anymore!™
(07-19-2017, 01:22 AM)
Bornstellar's Avatar
I miss high ttk so much. Just need to beat melee with the nerf stick.

Thread Tools