• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

GoldandBlue
(07-06-2017, 02:17 AM)
While I didn't buy much besides 2 games on the Steam sale, I did purchase this.

Falcom Chronicle - 30th Anniversary Official Commemorative Book. Really cool book, can't read Japanese (lol) but there's a ton of artwork in it.
Annubis
(07-06-2017, 02:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Shalashaska

Is there actually any good reason for this?

Legal ramifications?
Wouldn't it be easier to prove that they stopped entirely doing business with the devs if it's impossible to link their games to accounts?
uncredited male
(07-06-2017, 02:22 AM)
I have no idea what is going on. Is this missing game thing only for the browsers? The actual Steam client still shows them if you bought them?
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(07-06-2017, 02:24 AM)
maybe somebody here can help.

I have an RX 480 outputting to two monitors. One on HDMI (TV) and one via DP. Both are 1080p/60hz. If I duplicate/clone them, boot a game, it seemingly switches everything to lower resolution (including W10's windows) and pushes the image off the right (cutting off a good chunk of the image). If I take away the clone and run it to one monitor, everything acts normally. Here is a short video of the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znWajt479G4
ramoisdead
(07-06-2017, 02:26 AM)

Originally Posted by fallout

A 9/11 reference? In June?!

I liked my thread title better from the Summer Sale thread.
Rayge
(07-06-2017, 02:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Tonton

But
Cold Steel, Fate/Extella, Zwei, Ys VIII, Tokyo Xanadu

I shouldn't have bought all i did in the first half of the year I only played TitS 3rd out of it lol now I don't think I'll have the money for all this

What?! Did this get announced? Stop playing.
GoldandBlue
(07-06-2017, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Rayge

What?! Did this get announced? Stop playing.

https://gematsu.com/2017/07/fateexte...-steam-july-25
dot
(07-06-2017, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by rainking187

It's this: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussio...-api-detection

Oh, i was wondering why my game count dropped by 1 lol.
Rayge
(07-06-2017, 02:39 AM)

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

https://gematsu.com/2017/07/fateexte...-steam-july-25

Well.. That's probably $45+ $DLC
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(07-06-2017, 02:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Stumpokapow

Hey Uzzy, great job. If you want to make threads in the future, I've added you to ModBot admins. If Jshackles or JaseC or someone else could forward you the tutorial PM I sent other ModBot admins (it explains how to attach ModBot to a new thread and also how to audit giveaways in case there's a CONTROVERSY) that would be useful.

I've sent him a PM. Hopefully I didn't double up.
Teggy
(07-06-2017, 02:46 AM)
Either Supermassive or Supergiant should be forced to change their name. Too confusing.

Well I knocked out Freedom Cry in like 3 hours, it was pretty easy to rush through. I started up both Rogue and Unity and think I will tag team them. I've had my fill with sailing so it will give me a break, as long as I don't start getting the control schemes confused. TBH, I didn't care a ton for playing as a pirate so I like these two new protagonists better so far. Rogue really goes that extra mile in the beginning to remind you you are still on the AC3 engine.
ModBot
Not a mod, just a bot.
(07-06-2017, 02:53 AM)
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Bloodbath Kavkaz -- MB-AC70FB4164D305E1 - Taken by alr1ght
Invasion -- MB-8759EA4D0E164958 - Taken by bobnowhere
Spakonyo: Back to the USSR 2.0 -- MB-F3AE1034D51BAC74 - Taken by sadblob
Under Zero -- MB-1633321E5F7FFFA5 - Taken by DataGhost
Last edited by Stumpokapow; 07-06-2017 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Powered by ModBot 2.0
Stumpokapow
listen to the mad man
(07-06-2017, 02:54 AM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

I've sent him a PM. Hopefully I didn't double up.

Thanks! I have like 13,000 PMs, the download PM function doesn't work for me, and I absolutely no hope of finding what I sent, so this is a big time saver.
JaseC
(07-06-2017, 02:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Stumpokapow

Thanks! I have like 13,000 PMs, the download PM function doesn't work for me, and I absolutely no hope of finding what I sent, so this is a big time saver.

Haha, I understand. I tried to send the PM earlier using my phone, but apparently Select All doesn't exist within the world of Chrome mobile/LastPass mobile and the text selection icons weren't cooperating with my fingers.
bobnowhere
(07-06-2017, 02:59 AM)

Originally Posted by r3n4ud

Holy shit on a stick ...

My game count dropped by 40 lol

Mine went down somewhere between 50 and 60, can't remember the exact number I had before!

List of games scrubbed clean.

Digital Homicide games are there along with others that were review scamming. But stuff like the Doctor Who games were only removed as the rights ran out so the list is not solely scammers, valve gonna valve I suppose.
iosefe
(07-06-2017, 03:05 AM)

Originally Posted by bobnowhere

Mine went down somewhere between 50 and 60, can't remember the exact number I had before!

Digital Homicide games are there along with others that were review scamming. But stuff like the Doctor Who games were only removed as the rights ran out so the list is not solely scammers, valve gonna valve I suppose.

oh nooooo, my game count
claytonlee101
(07-06-2017, 03:07 AM)
Looking forward to Cold Steel and later this week, the Humble Monthly! Exciting times...
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(07-06-2017, 03:09 AM)
so there goes the theory that you can always redownload games even if they are gone from the store (or steam shuts down OMG PANIC)?
iosefe
(07-06-2017, 03:10 AM)
oh wait, my doctor who adventures, i never downloaded them
uncredited male
(07-06-2017, 03:11 AM)
The steam forums say the games are still in your library but don't show in your profile count.
BernardoOne

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

so there goes the theory that you can always redownload games even if they are gone from the store (or steam shuts down OMG PANIC)?

You can still redownload the games just fine. The issues is them being scrubbed clean of your public game list. Also messes up the achievement pages for the games.
Ibuki

No, because you can still download them.
JaseC

The games are still in user libraries. They're just not counted as owned. A slightly awkward middle position between a purchased game and a Free on Demand game, essentially.

Edit: Ultra mega super beaten.
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(07-06-2017, 03:14 AM)
Valve all "new phone, who dis?"
BernardoOne
(07-06-2017, 03:20 AM)
can anybody test if it messes up steam cloud integration?
someguyinahat
(07-06-2017, 03:22 AM)

The games are still in user libraries. They're just not counted as owned. A slightly awkward middle position between a purchased game and a Free on Demand game, essentially.

Edit: Ultra mega super beaten.

I'm down to 498 games from 499. I guess Cook Serve Delicious 2 won't be my milestone game after all.
JaseC
(07-06-2017, 03:24 AM)

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

can anybody test if it messes up steam cloud integration?

The terminated distribution agreement thing? Is there one with Steam Cloud support? The only such game that comes to mind is The Slaughtering Grounds, which doesn't use SC.
GoldandBlue
(07-06-2017, 03:37 AM)
I have over 700 games and from what I can tell none of the games I own have been removed. Guess I'm good at picking em.
Crimsonclaw111
(07-06-2017, 03:38 AM)
Now that we're back to regulars, I got two GMG PUBG codes for 25% off to share. First to quote can have them.
BernardoOne
(07-06-2017, 03:40 AM)

The terminated distribution agreement thing? Is there one with Steam Cloud support? The only such game that comes to mind is The Slaughtering Grounds, which doesn't use SC.

There's bound to be a couple of them in the list of games affected.
JaseC
(07-06-2017, 03:42 AM)

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

There's bound to be a couple of them in the list of games affected.

Oh, yeah. I didn't mean to imply it's unlikely, just asking for an example so I can test.

Edit: None of DH's games support Steam Cloud, judging from the Mixed Pack sub.

Edit edit: Missed bob's post. That helps.
Last edited by JaseC; 07-06-2017 at 03:47 AM.
user237
(07-06-2017, 03:45 AM)

Seems that Compare2Steam doesn't work on these titles anymore.

Anyone know an easy way to see which ones I own?
Mengy
wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
(07-06-2017, 03:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Ozium

Who's buying GRIMOIRE?

I have to admit, the game intrigues me. I grew up with those kinds of games.
Cth
(07-06-2017, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by PandaPedinte

I'm hoping to finish some games before the next sale hits! At least I'm almost done with Hidden Folks and half the way in Wuppo and Scribblenauts Unlimited.

How's Hidden Folks? I've been meaning to pick that one up, but debating on which platform to get it.
JaseC
(07-06-2017, 04:00 AM)
Yeah, Steam Cloud still works for the affected games.
texhnolyze
(07-06-2017, 04:03 AM)
So where's Cold Steel in the upcoming games list?

Didn't know that it's coming this month. I guess I made the right decision by not impulse buying games in the summer sale.
GoldandBlue
(07-06-2017, 04:05 AM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

So where's Cold Steel in the upcoming games list?

Didn't know that it's coming this month. I guess I made the right decision by not impulse buying games in the summer sale.

Still doesn't have an actual date but it is confirmed for July.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/53...of_Cold_Steel/
Shalashaska
(07-06-2017, 04:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Annubis

Legal ramifications?
Wouldn't it be easier to prove that they stopped entirely doing business with the devs if it's impossible to link their games to accounts?

Yeah I could see that
Orakio Rob
(07-06-2017, 04:11 AM)

It's been two years since I began playing Trails in the Sky FC. Since I plan on playing TiTS 2 and 3, I'll probably get to Cold Steel 3 in... 2026? ^_^
the_firewithin
(07-06-2017, 04:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Cth

How's Hidden Folks? I've been meaning to pick that one up, but debating on which platform to get it.

Nice little gem. Can be decently hard to find what you need but still rather relaxing to explore the different worlds
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(07-06-2017, 04:12 AM)
RIP summer sale
texhnolyze
(07-06-2017, 04:13 AM)

Looks like I already have it on my whistlist.

The length seems perfect for me. I guess I'm sold.

bobnowhere
(07-06-2017, 04:18 AM)

I just took a screenshot of Wyatt Derp, uploaded to the cloud fine, it's under my content too but it's not displaying on my activity feed.
JaseC
(07-06-2017, 04:25 AM)

I just took a screenshot of Wyatt Derp, uploaded to the cloud fine, it's under my content too but it's not displaying on my activity feed.

Hmm, the games being placed in some sort of quasi-private state would also explain why they're no longer considered owned.

Edit: Yeah, they're also not showing as recently played on my profile (then again, nothing is).
BernardoOne
(07-06-2017, 04:29 AM)

nice, at least that. I hope they somehow fix the issues with the achievements though.
TsuXna
(07-06-2017, 04:33 AM)
Below Kryll looks awesome and it's only .59$ Gonna grab it i guess.
zkylon
zkylewd
(07-06-2017, 04:35 AM)
pyre looks real cool
Grug
(07-06-2017, 04:48 AM)
Yeah getting a kinda Blitzball (FFX) vibe from Pyre. Turn based sports games are underrepresented.
GoldandBlue
(07-06-2017, 04:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Orakio Rob

It's been two years since I began playing Trails in the Sky FC. Since I plan on playing TiTS 2 and 3, I'll probably get to Cold Steel 3 in... 2026? ^_^

Maybe the Crossbell arc will be completely translated by then and you can do them in actual order!