• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Crimsonclaw111
(06-07-2017, 08:31 AM)
What are the differences between the Steam and GOG versions of Dead Space? DS on Steam sucks at 144hz.
ShadowOwl
(06-07-2017, 03:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Crimsonclaw111

What are the differences between the Steam and GOG versions of Dead Space? DS on Steam sucks at 144hz.

No differences that I know of. Also take a look at https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_S...om_sensitivity
Syphon Filter
(06-07-2017, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Crimsonclaw111

I think i remember on steam it uses the ea drm account, i could be wrong.
ShadowOwl
(06-07-2017, 10:04 PM)
Would anyone be so nice and help me pick up some games? Cannot buy Quake II and the Wolfenstein games at GOG because they are blocked in Germany. Can either send over money via PayPal or trade some keys (got tons of stuff left on both GOG and Steam).

Originally Posted by Syphon Filter

I think i remember on steam it uses the ea drm account, i could be wrong.

Nope, no additonal DRM on Steam.
Stormhammer
(06-07-2017, 10:05 PM)
So GOG connect.. does it work as long as I have a game in steam that's been listed, or will it only work if I tried to do the connect during a certain time period?

v Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info! Was hoping to move some stuff over just to try out. Next time!
ShadowOwl
(06-07-2017, 10:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Stormhammer

So GOG connect.. does it work as long as I have a game in steam that's been listed, or will it only work if I tried to do the connect during a certain time period?

You have to register the games before the time is up.
draetenth
(06-15-2017, 12:55 AM)
War for the Overworld released on GOG and is 50% off due to the sale. It's also available on GOG Connect.
DeliciousDoc
(06-15-2017, 01:14 AM)

Originally Posted by draetenth

War for the Overworld released on GOG and is 50% off due to the sale. It's also available on GOG Connect.

I have dungeon keeper 2 in my cart right now. Would this game be considered an upgrade or should I get both?
draetenth
(06-15-2017, 03:14 AM)

Originally Posted by DeliciousDoc

I have dungeon keeper 2 in my cart right now. Would this game be considered an upgrade or should I get both?

TBH, I backed War for the Overworld, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. It's supposed to be a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper and glancing at the reviews... most people do seem to enjoy it.

Personally, I love Dungeon Keeper 2 and don't think you can go wrong with that if you like god game/dungeon management type games...
ShadowOwl
(06-15-2017, 11:41 AM)

Originally Posted by DeliciousDoc

If you go for DK2 do not forget to install the General Improvement Mod, which fixes the broken AI in the latest official version of DK2: https://keeperklan.com/threads/3417-...-Patch-for-DK2
DeliciousDoc
(06-15-2017, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowOwl

If you go for DK2 do not forget to install the General Improvement Mod, which fixes the broken AI in the latest official version of DK2: https://keeperklan.com/threads/3417-...-Patch-for-DK2

Thank you both. Didnt know about that mod. I should look for other bullfrog mods.
Coreda
(06-16-2017, 03:44 AM)
Someone started a SteamDB-like site for GOG. Example game page. Displays things like included extra downloads, recent price history, among other general info.

Would be nice if it were possible to download older installers, similar to downloading earlier versions from Steam that was discovered earlier in the year, but from what GOG told me it seems only the latest copies of installers are kept. Perhaps there is a way that's just not known publicly.
Syphon Filter
(06-16-2017, 03:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Coreda

Someone started a SteamDB-like site for GOG. Example game page. Displays things like included extra downloads, recent price history, among other general info.

Would be nice if it were possible to download older installers, similar to downloading earlier versions from Steam that was discovered earlier in the year, but from what GOG told me it seems only the latest copies of installers are kept. Perhaps there is a way that's just not known publicly.

nice, do you think we will be able to see games coming in advance too? leaks?
Coreda
(06-16-2017, 04:18 AM)

nice, do you think we will be able to see games coming in advance too? leaks?

Good point. The dev posted that it scrapes data partially from both the Galaxy API and Javascript variables on GOG web pages. Not sure what (if anything) can be gleaned from the former for un-announced releases but IIRC there have been a couple leaks that discovered names of un-announced titles previously from the bowels of GOG so it may be possible. The site could probably use some sorting filters.
Vincent Alexander
(06-16-2017, 09:47 PM)
This summer sale is awesome, but I'm a little miffed I can't buy the Witcher 3 expansions without owning the Witcher 3 from GOG. I already have The Witcher 3, but I bought on steam when it came out. Anyone have a clue why on earth they are preventing people from buying the expansions or season pass?
Knurek
(06-16-2017, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

This summer sale is awesome, but I'm a little miffed I can't buy the Witcher 3 expansions without owning the Witcher 3 from GOG. I already have The Witcher 3, but I bought on steam when it came out. Anyone have a clue why on earth they are preventing people from buying the expansions or season pass?

You won't be able to play the GOG versions of expansions with your Steam version.
Either buy the whole package on GOG or just wait a week for the Steam sale, it's bound to be discounted there as well.
stan423321
(06-17-2017, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Since Ubisoft does the exact same thing (Steam+uPlay DLC for Steam+uPlay, pure uPlay DLC for everything else) and they are "aware" of Steam purchases within uPlay client, I would imagine there is something in Steam TOS that makes selling DLC for typical Steam games on non-Steam stores in non-key form undesirable.

They could have put W3 out on GOG Connect to work around this and I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually happens, but, well, I imagine non-zero amount of people bought the game twice. It should be noted that typical non-Steam purchase of W3 (box, Humble Store) gives you out a GOG key (I have no idea what happens to poor souls who bought it on Origin).
boskee
(06-24-2017, 12:35 AM)
GOG is now available in China. Gwent beta should follow shortly.

http://www.vgtime.com/topic/660525.jhtml
Syphon Filter
(06-24-2017, 02:34 AM)
Anyone using gog galaxy? What features would you like to see on it?
Dsyndrome
(06-24-2017, 02:50 AM)

Mirroring of Steam achievements. Overlay similar to Steam's where I can look up discussion forum topics or guides in-game. FPS display outside of the overlay. Efforts to have the overlay work with older games.
Coreda
(06-24-2017, 05:45 AM)

Re-sortable wishlist, fix the bug that causes the back navigation button to not return the user to the proper previous page (occurs when clicking search results and doesn't return to the results), better search options.

Originally Posted by Dsyndrome

Mirroring of Steam achievements. Overlay similar to Steam's where I can look up discussion forum topics or guides in-game. FPS display outside of the overlay. Efforts to have the overlay work with older games.

The last time I used the overlay (for TW3) it was a separate download for that specific game which was odd, and unlike Steam's which is universal. Sounds like this is still the case.
Syphon Filter
(06-28-2017, 02:17 AM)
Spellforce 2 is on gog, is it any good? What game is it similar to?
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(06-28-2017, 02:19 AM)

Spellforce 2 is on gog, is it any good? What game is it similar to?

There really isn't anything to compare it to, Spellforce is pretty unique. It's a mix of a traditional party based RPG and a blizzard style RTS. It goes back and forth between those game types pretty liberally throughout the (huuuugge) campaign.
Persona7
Banned
(06-28-2017, 05:40 AM)
How did I not own double dragon neon/ maybe I have it on PS3.
Bar81
(06-28-2017, 12:27 PM)
Glad I didn't bite on Hollow Knight on Steam. Just picked it up from GOG.
Linkark07
(06-28-2017, 03:56 PM)

A screenshot cloud storage would be nice.

Originally Posted by Bar81

Same here. Well, thanks to regional pricing, if any game is in GOG and Steam, I will always buy it from GOG. Especially if it is discounted.
ShadowOwl
(06-29-2017, 11:22 AM)

Just FYI, Hollow Knight is also available DRM free via Humble Store (Steam key included):
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hollow-knight
Bar81
(06-29-2017, 01:28 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowOwl

Just FYI, Hollow Knight is also available DRM free via Humble Store (Steam key included):
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hollow-knight

Steam is DRM. Happy to support GOG when I can.
Linkark07
(07-04-2017, 04:56 PM)
Furi was released today on GOG with a 50% discount.
Tizoc
(07-04-2017, 05:07 PM)

Steam is DRM. Happy to support GOG when I can.

Uh u still get a drm free copy from humble
stan423321
(07-04-2017, 08:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Uh u still get a drm free copy from humble

But you don't get Steam version. That's value to some.
Dsyndrome
(07-05-2017, 01:16 AM)
Galaxy Beta

1.2.13 Beta (July 04, 2017)
Changes and Improvements:
[macOS] Added in-game Overlay
[Windows] FPS counter is now controlled by ctrl+shift+tab combination and is visible, even when In-game Overlay is off
[Windows] Added tooltip to Galaxy tray icon
Reduced download size of game updates
Bugfixes:
[Windows] Fixed an issue with Galaxy window not being brought to top when clicking on tray icon or desktop shortcut
Fixed an issue with deleted Cloud Saves being redownloaded after Galaxy update
Fixed volume slider not being aligned with the dropdown above it.

Happy the FPS counter's outside the overlay now.
Persona7
Banned
(07-05-2017, 12:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Linkark07

Furi was released today on GOG with a 50% discount.

Might grab this.
Coreda
(07-07-2017, 12:15 PM)
Really hope this doesn't become a trend. Large GIFs on GOG store pages. It's there for banner images for things like collector's edition overviews but this is the first time I've seen it used to display gameplay footage. It might be fine for subtle looping things like sprites or something but just clipping full gameplay is unnecessary and bloats the page.
Syphon Filter
(07-07-2017, 09:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Coreda

Really hope this doesn't become a trend. Large GIFs on GOG store pages. It's there for banner images for things like collector's edition overviews but this is the first time I've seen it used to display gameplay footage. It might be fine for subtle looping things like sprites or something but just clipping full gameplay is unnecessary and bloats the page.

Am I missing something? I don't see a gif.
jvm
Gamasutra.
(07-07-2017, 10:17 PM)

Am I missing something? I don't see a gif.

It was there earlier, because I saw it. There was a fairly large (width x height) animated GIF showing about 3-4 seconds of the game in action.
Tizoc
(07-15-2017, 01:50 AM)
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Ys Seven is coming to Steam, courtesy of XSEED, which means a GOG/Drm-free version is likely to happen as well.
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(07-15-2017, 02:12 AM)

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Ys Seven is coming to Steam, courtesy of XSEED, which means a GOG/Drm-free version is likely to happen as well.

That made my fuckin' day. I loved Ys Seven.
Teppic
(07-15-2017, 02:36 AM)
Don't miss out on the free Jotun on GOG (and Steam)

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

That's great! Haven't played that one yet. Makes me wonder if Memories will also make it over eventually.
Syphon Filter
(07-15-2017, 02:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Teppic

Don't miss out on the free Jotun on GOG (and Steam)

That's great! Haven't played that one yet. Makes me wonder if Memories will also make it over eventually.

Is jotun any good? What is it like?
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(07-15-2017, 04:27 AM)

Is jotun any good? What is it like?

It's gorgeous but dull as dishwater. It's an overhead hack and slash game.
ShadowOwl
(07-17-2017, 02:12 PM)
Weekly sale with focus on RPGs:
https://www.gog.com/promo/20170717_weekly_sale

Divinity Original Sin for 16 (60% off)! Covers Shadowrun, Torment, Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Lords of Xulima, Wasteland and many more.
Linkark07
(07-17-2017, 04:08 PM)
Cosmic Star Heroine has finally landed on GOG with a 33% discount for one week.
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(07-17-2017, 04:18 PM)
Still kind of ridiculous that it took 3 months, but yeah, I bought it now.
Tizoc
(07-17-2017, 08:38 PM)
Ys seven coming to gog
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-...er-screenshots
Linkark07
(07-18-2017, 03:47 PM)

Ys seven coming to gog
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-...er-screenshots

Great news. I'm glad XSeed and Falcom support DRM Free.
Syphon Filter
(07-19-2017, 02:22 AM)
Absolver looks interesting. I am hoping for some big classics to come, it has been a while since then. Remember the fallout,oblivion, dragons dogma combo.
Linkark07
(07-28-2017, 03:29 PM)

Absolver looks interesting. I am hoping for some big classics to come, it has been a while since then. Remember the fallout,oblivion, dragons dogma combo.

Talking about Absolver, they are giving Furi for free if you preorder the game.

GOG has been on fire as of lately. Many releases with free games on pre order, and recently, they added RIME too.
Syphon Filter
(08-03-2017, 09:23 PM)
Alien rampage released today. Anyone getting HellBlade next week?
Persona7
Banned
(08-04-2017, 06:18 AM)
I pre-ordered hellblade but I won't be able to play it for a few weeks. My GPU went out and the one I want is selling at inflated prices.