• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek Employee Resume: RYSE Moved To "X-Box Next Gen"

You don't think they'd want to keep things under wraps this time around? I don't think leaked/announced specs are a good indication of when the hardware will launch.

Microsoft is the leakist ship around. They cant keep anything a secret.

Here a link to refresh people's memory, though this was from April 2004 but these specs seemed to first appear on February 1 2004 (possibly earlier, thats just the earliest I saw in a little googling) http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/27/xbox_2_architecture/

Worth noting the OG 360 schematics stated "256MB+" RAM, what register is calling 256, which later became 512 as we all know.

They showed it in June, she left in July. People fudge the truth on resumes but doesn't really seem to leave any time for her to have worked on new hardware and it wouldn't make any sense for them to show the game if it had already been moved.

Yeah, doesn't sound plausible. That said, Ryse might still eventually be moved onto the next console, it's just that this doesn't really indicate that it's already happened.

I do think its was a smart choice for Crytek and microsoft if they place the game on next gen consoles. Microsoft gets a graphical intense new ip and Crytek get a show case for their engine next gen. So question is where does epic go next gen ps4 or also a new exclusive contract with microsoft. If epic does go with xbox, Microsoft will have the two top players in the engine bizz supporting their console to the max because of exclusive ip.

McHuj

I can see two reasons to move a current game to a next-gen system. 1. It's in development hell and it will take another couple more years to finish. 2. Next gen is coming sooner than expected (2012) and they're converting current gen products to be launch titles.

Wolfie5

But yet we had final 360 specs in Feb 2004. Close to two years before it's release.

That's one of the things that doesn't jive here.

I think 2013 is possible, but not 2012.

In my opinion that doesn't say much. They are probably just trying to keep it more secret, and reveal the new console when they want to reveal it. There will most likely be leaks before it happens, but I don't believe that will be a year before the console is released.

I do think its was a smart choice for Crytek and microsoft if they place the game on next gen consoles. Microsoft gets a graphical intense new ip and Crytek get a show case for their engine next gen. So question is where does epic go next gen ps4 or also a new exclusive contract with microsoft. If epic does go with xbox, Microsoft will have the two top players in the engine bizz supporting their console to the max because of exclusive ip.

Infinity Blade 3 exclusive to PS4 + Move2 ? :p

You don't think they'd want to keep things under wraps this time around? I don't think leaked/announced specs are a good indication of when the hardware will launch.

Especially if there is truth to the way the two skus are going to be made. They may try to hold things as close to their chest as possible to avoid confusion.

[Nintex]

I seriously doubt anything is going to be announced at CES.

gbB2W.jpg

You'd better BELIEVE it.

Looks like CryEngine 3 is the big next-gen push so that's nice. Ruffian is working with it as well.

[Nintex];33315176 said:
gbB2W.jpg

You'd better BELIEVE it.

Looks like CryEngine 3 is the big next-gen push so that's nice. Ruffian is working with it as well.

what am I missing in that image?the 'U'+1?

[Nintex]

what am I missing in that image?the 'U'+1?

MS put it up on their Xbox Facebook fan page.

They also have SpikeTV broadcasting CES and G4/GTTV and Geoff and the goons are there as well. Now why on earf would they do anything CES related since there's really nothing for the dudebro's out there and a bunch of phones won't give anyone a boner.

so maybe thats the reason the development was moved to cryteks main team in germany.

Connecting the dots was never this easy, which is all I have been doing for the past 2 years and now it all comes together.

[Nintex];33315297 said:
MS put it up on their Xbox Facebook fan page.

They also have SpikeTV broadcasting CES and G4/GTTV and Geoff and the goons are there as well. Now why on earf would they do anything CES related since there's really nothing for the dudebro's out there and a bunch of phones won't give anyone a boner.

Connecting the dots was never this easy, which is all I have been doing for the past 2 years and now it all comes together.

ahh ok. First time I've seen it/but with that info it sounds quite possible.

Petrichor

This makes more sense if they want to establish it as a long running franchise. New franchises do much better early in a console cycle.

[Nintex]

ahh ok. First time I've seen it/but with that info it sounds quite possible.

The biggest part of the puzzle is Windows 8, MS wants to integrate it across their stuff. The Vodafone boss recently confirmed that Windows Phone 8 would use the Windows 8 Kernel so Windows 8 Apps would be compatible with phones and PC's. There's no reason for MS to leave their biggest consumer device in the dark. The CES announcement is probably some small teaser of Ballmer using Apps across 3 different devices(Windows 8/Xbox Ten/Windows Phone 8) or something.

[Nintex];33315411 said:
The biggest part of the puzzle is Windows 8, MS wants to integrate it across their stuff. The Vodafone boss recently confirmed that Windows Phone 8 would use the Windows 8 Kernel so Windows 8 Apps would be compatible with phones and PC's. There's no reason for MS to leave their biggest consumer device in the dark. The CES announcement is probably some small teaser of Ballmer using Apps across 3 different devices(Windows 8/Xbox Ten/Windows Phone 8) or something.

nice. Thanks for the info/I'll have to keep an eye on CES now since I find this stuff quite interesting.

S1kkZ

i expect them to drop the kinect support and turn it into "crysis in old rome". i cannot see ms releasing a new kinect with their new console.

iceatcs

oh ha wow. Never mind.

I suspect they want a better kinect, next gen might be only way. Maybe Star Wars will join for next gen too, and it could be the reason of why Gears of War Exile cancelled.

[Nintex];33315576 said:

They should increase the amount of time kinect sends data to the xbox for it to fall more into the gamer area. That was the biggest complain so a 60 fps game and kinect sending info at a 60hz frequency input should be about if im right 48 ms, 1kinect update + update loop + rendering all 16ms could be higher depending on double and triple buffering.

Accuracy to pick up a arm swing and a kick shouldn't need lip reading accuracy.

[Nintex]

edit: to be more precise: i was talking about the launch. there will be a new kinect but at launch?

nope, i read that. but i still cannot see how they would price the console + kinect. a powerful nextgen system + a brand new kinect 2.0 will cost a shitload of money.

I dunno, maybe Kinect 2.0 rolls out later but with Nintendo doing the pad thing MS might feel pressured to also put in something sort of new control scheme for the fuck of it. But from what I've gathered it seems like next year is going to be Nintendo vs. MS like never before.

Something is wrong with a world in which employees use the word "Epic" in their resumes. You hated having to read the Odyssey in high school English and you killed the word, we get it. Please, just stop.

alphaNoid

Banned
I dont see why MS wouldn't release Kinect 2.0 along side the next Xbox. I fully expect it to be integrated into the next console/bundled. But if rumors are true and the next version uses a higher res camera system, updated algorithms that can read lips and tiny finger movements then the age of Kinect will trully begin then.

Xpliskin

There is some serious misinterpretation here.

It says pushing boundaries of next-gen platforms, how can you fully exploit hardware that isn't even out yet ?
They're clearly talking about this gen. He worked from jan 2011 to july 2011

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready for the Next Box. Holday 2012, PLEASE MS <3.

-SD-

Banned
[Nintex];33315176 said:
What makes you think so?

Sure, there are the Ruffian job ads (http://www.ruffiangames.com/jobs) where it reads "Experience of major middleware - Unreal Engine - CryEngine or equivalent" but it does not necessarily mean their next game is using CE3. You see that requirement in a lot in game dev job ads.

[Nintex]

What makes you think so?

Sure, there are the Ruffian job ads (http://www.ruffiangames.com/jobs) where it reads "Experience of major middleware - Unreal Engine - CryEngine or equivalent" but it does not necessarily mean their next game is using CE3. You see that requirement in a lot in game dev job ads.

Game Designer
Ruffian Games
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Games industry
June 2009 – January 2011 (1 year 8 months)

Designer on Unannounced Multiplayer project XBOX 360
Planning and design of multiplayer modes
Design of multiplayer arenas to suit gameplay mechanics using Word and Sketchup
Creation of Multiplayer Arenas in CryEngine Sandbox Editor 3
- Terrain Creation
- Texturing
- Intelligent prop placement
this is why

Top Bottom