• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what is your experience with drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_D

NOTE: People who brag about taking drugs are most likely relatively new at taking drugs.

Done the following:
OTC: Robo/Delsym, Vicks
Scrip: Ambien, Adderall, Vyvanse, Vicodin, Oxycontin, Lorazepam, Klonopins, Hydrocodone, Xanax, Percocet, Morphine
THC: Smoke (mids, beasts, heads), edibles, vape, hash, wax
LSD: Drops, gel caps, microdots
Boomers: Psilocybin, Amanita
Coke: Powder, crack
Other: Meth, whippets, Opium, MDA, MDMA, Alcohol, Cigs
DMT: Smoked (yellow, pink, white), Mescaline, Ayahuasca

This has all occurred over the course of about 5 years, and I've never felt better. In the course of this time I've lost about 100 pounds and become much more healthy (diet and exercise, not hard drug use), my GPA rose from 1.9 to 3.4 (would have kept going up, but I graduated) and I work a pretty awesome job. So... I guess the moral of the story is don't believe the propaganda.
I'd love to answer questions. These things have such horrible reputations but, with proper preparation and control, they can be the best things you'll ever experience.

NOTE: People who brag about taking drugs are most likely relatively new at taking drugs.

Done the following:
Scrip: Ambien, Adderall, Vyvanse, Vicodin, Oxycontin, Lorazepam, Klonopins, Hydrocodone, Xanax, Percocet, Morphine

This has all occurred over the course of about 5 years, and I've never felt better. In the course of this time I've lost about 100 pounds and become much more healthy (diet and exercise, not hard drug use), my GPA rose from 1.9 to 3.4 (would have kept going up, but I graduated) and I work a pretty awesome job. So... I guess the moral of the story is don't believe the propaganda.
I'd love to answer questions. These things have such horrible reputations but, with proper preparation and control, they can be the best things you'll ever experience.

Next stop?
http://www.shamansgarden.com/p-240-hawaiian-baby-woodrose-seeds-hawaii.aspx

Trust me, it's great!

Wolfe

Only alcohol. Will never do illegal drugs.

This kinda stuff always cracks me up, you do remember that alcohol was illegal at one point right, and that pot was "legal" for thousands of years?

The point I'm trying to make in case it isn't clear, is that the legality of something such as substances like these may or may not be a good thing to base your decisions about trying them upon.

Yeah, weed is fucking awful. Most useless drug there is.

It's not a drug though, it's a plant!

It's also far from useless or else it wouldn't be "illegal" at the moment.

nyong

Banned
Just about everything with the exception of heroin and meth. I like coke, but it's too damn expensive...honestly, you get a similar "high" drinking a bunch of coffee.

Everyone should try DMT once. Most people won't touch it after the first go either. Feels (is?) completely real and can be scary as all fuck. Not like your body or mind is at risk, but your soul. Crazy shit.

I've been meaning to try PCP one of these days. Worth it?

Im in the same boat with the guys who said they did every drug under the sun, from crack to LSD, and I can say that PCP is the scariest shit Ive ever had.

Ive had bad trips that were less scary. I dont know why, its just fucked my head up good.
I'll even admit, after its affects were wearing off I became and emotion mess and was crying almost as if I was thankfull I wasnt dead or insane.

edit: thinking about it after I typed my response. I think my big fear of it or while I was on it was that for the first time a drug made me feel "not in control"

s7evn

It's not a drug though, it's a plant!

It's also far from useless or else it wouldn't be "illegal" at the moment.
THC is the active ingredient and it's a drug, also you know what he meant. I don't think it should be Schedule I, but really all it does is make people lazy and hungry.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just don't go in the street. You will probably either fight an oncoming car or fight parked cars. Other than that, you will feel like a god.

I saw an episode of cops where a guy smoked PCP then got naked, punched his way through the wooden fencing around someone's house and then tried to attack them in their front yard, shit was hilarious.

Meadows

Banned

Done the following:

wat

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I went to the University of Colorado at Boulder.

Zeth

Loved weed in high school, smoked daily for a few years. Anxiety kicked and couldn't get high without freaking out, haven't smoked in over 5 years.

Had a bad stint with Oxy for a little over a year that lead to using heroin for a few months at my lowest. Kicked it and been 100% clean for almost 2 years.

Edit: forgot to add I was self prescribing Xanax for almost 3 years, 4mg a day average and kicked that around the same time as the opiates. I can confidently say I've experienced the worse withdrawal there is, still feel like I haven't completely recovered every day.

Xilium

None, don't see the point/find it necessary. Don't drink for mostly the same reason (I also just don't like the taste of alcohol).

Really couldn't care less if other people do though. If people require those things to get through the day or make them feel better, I think it would be healthier to find another way but whatever, do what you do.

Aside from taking some crazy pill (two colored maybe red and white/yellow disc shapped) in the fifth grade that my friend brought to school and having my tongue go numb for an hour....

Never.

Won't get into specifics about my own experience, but I am uh, experienced. Now I just stick to decent wine, tasty hoppy brews, and some potent caffeinated beverages.

But I will say that among the more commonly used, less-hardcore drugs (weed, shrooms, LSD, MDMA, cocaine, etc) alcohol is the most acutely dangerous. Some of the worst, riskiest behaviors I have ever witnessed were those of drunk people, and definitely saw some cases of alcohol poisoning in college that could have been bad.

Alcohol is the one "major" drug that seriously impairs pretty ALL of your senses, cognitive functions, and behaviors when abused.

Onemic

Anyone have experiences with smoking Wormwood? I'm simply curious (PM if you want to feel safer)

Doesn't wormwood not do anything? I thought it was just some smokable herb you put over weed to make it smoother and taste nicer.

THC is the active ingredient and it's a drug, also you know what he meant. I don't think it should be Schedule I, but really all it does is make people lazy and hungry.

And all alcohol does is kill people and make them blabbering, incoherent idiots. I can play that game too you know.

Weed: awesome but makes me lazy
Alcohol: good in moderation, was a light weight alcoholic for a little....bad times
Opium: great, chill as fuck
Meth: tried it twice, not for me. nasty drug
coke: feel like superman. feels too good i have to avoid or might ruin my life
X: great for partying or chilling with a chick
shrooms: okay but i prefer LSD. makes my tummy hurt
LSD: life changing
Salvia: fuck this shit
tons of prescription ranging from terrible to pretty good. adderall is the only one i really like to take.

In my opinion drugs are pretty much all bad. even alcohol.

if you're a rich trust fund baby then it's not so much a problem but if you expect to be least bit productive or successful you cant expect to do drugs at all really.

Kevitivity

Not sure how smart it is to brag about all the drugs you've done in a public forum. Especially if you have any aspirations of having a career.

I just went though the process of having a government background check done for my job and you would be very scared to see what they can learn about you from the internet.

Just a friendly FYI...

FreeMufasa

When I was in Arabia I became pretty addicted to smoking Shisha from a bong (I was about 12). Haven't done anything else.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Smoked weed a few times back in the day, that's all. Really liked it, but got busted and fined by the cops. Wouldn't mind trying other drugs, specifically hallucinogenics, to see what it's like.

Not sure how smart it is to brag about all the drugs you've done in a public forum. Especially if you have any aspirations of having a career.

I just went though the process of having a government background check done for my job and you would be very scared to see what they can learn about you from the internet.

Just a friendly FYI...

Did they see your posts on GAF and know it was you? Or other forums?

I drink alcohol, but not much. Certainly not the amount a typical UK person my age will have in say a week (early 20s). I prefer having a few pints of lager/real ale in a pub, or a few beers over poker than going out and getting slashed (though obviously do on occasion). I've got those good habits from my parents who don't drink much (not religious or health reasons, they just never have drunk lots). Plus drinking makes you put on weight, it costs a lot drinking out, sometimes I turn into a prick when drunk, and I can't be arsed with hangovers.

Never even considered cigs. Weed neither. The later because I know my luck, I'd be the guy who ends up having a crap first experience, or ends up mentally screwed up. Goes without saying therefore I haven't done stuff stronger than that either.

Question on weed: mates at uni often smoked it, and after a while, they seemed to be almost obsessed with it, like it was the only way they could have a really good time and relax. Does this happen a lot?

Wolfe

Of course I know what he meant, doesn't mean I agree with what he said. Also get out of here with your stereotypes.

Question on weed: mates at uni often smoked it, and after a while, they seemed to be almost obsessed with it, like it was the only way they could have a really good time and relax. Does this happen a lot?

It's easy to fall into that. My problem is that when I'm high I don't want to talk to anyone. I want to sit in my room and play video games or watch Always Sunny. Some times I would take a couple weeks to myself and so all I could think to talk about was what I did... Smoke weed. Also, if you do it with friends then it becomes a very common topic.

RDreamer

Only drug I've ever tried is alcohol and I really don't drink much at all. Have a drink once every few months. Nothing outside that, though. People find that funny since I look like I do the stuff. My old manager said I looked like someone that would grow the stuff. Nope

Wolfe

Really couldn't care less if other people do though. If people require those things to get through the day or make them feel better, I think it would be healthier to find another way but whatever, do what you do.

While I understand and respect your opinion, can you really not see what's wrong with the bold part of what you said?

That's like me saying "if you have to drink a few beers at night so you can get through the day or not make you feel like shit, I think there would be better ways but whatever", yet not everyone drinks for those reasons.

Ya know?

cousins

I used to smoke weed before bed nightly. I've also eaten shrooms and rolled on mollie. I don't drink or smoke cigarettes. In fact, I don't really do anything anymore, aside from the occasional smoke during a break from school.

OG Kush

Also, if you do it with friends then it becomes a very common topic.

^^ this. if you got a group of clsoe friends who you're always chilling with and you all smoke weed, then weed is gonna be a staple of chilling together. Not all the time, but when you're just sitting around playing video games with them, weed just becomes part of it. makes most things better!

Tripped last night on LSD. I'm a beginner with it so testing the waters with half tabs. I wrote a 'diary' of the night, which is below:

We weren't feeling much love from old St. Patrick, having partied too much the night before last, so after some pub grub and a jug each we headed for home and hopefully a quiet night, maybe some pot brownies which we had made the previous week. These brownies are the bee knees, super smooth couch locking from just a mouthful. Or we could drop acid.

We chose acid. Not a lot, just half a tab each which if the dealer is to be believed would be ~75ug each. We've had this amount from this batch before but this was way more intense. Most of the night was spent on the couch laughing our arses off at Nic Cage videos. Thank you Nic Cage. Without hyperbole it's the most I've laughed in my life, for 3 hours straight.

And then I looked look at myself in the mirror. They say you shouldn't do that, but who ever listens? I didn't expect my face to melt or my ego to shatter, I hadn't taken that much for anything so extraordinary. Instead it felt like I was staring at another me - another personality. This one seemed pure evil. I was toying with my high at this stage, testing my boundaries, playing with this new me. I got the feeling that if I let him, he could come out to play. Perhaps if I had taken a full tab he would have. We're talking, serial killer Ted Bundy evil. Is that what others see in their mirrors? Do I have this evil in me?

I closed my bathroom door and ran back up stairs to rejoin the others. I threw my socks in the fire and continued to laugh and have a great time with the others but this guy down there, in the basement, was still eating away at me. I wasn't frightened for myself and I wanted to tell the others but it doesn't seem like a smart idea to tell my fellow trippers that there is an evil version of me that wants to rape and pillage.

I'm now at work the next morning, having been awake for 31 hours with 4 more hours of tedium in front of me. I slog this out with a sweaty arsehole, wearing the only clean t-shirt I could find - "Mr. Gay - Canada" and crusty stained underwear turned inside out. And I'm happy. Walking to the bus stop after having not slept with the mornings first snow fall layering down a fine mist and aphex twin coming through my ear buds and everything brighter than it has ever been.

I'll give it a couple of weeks and may try a full tab or test the waters again with another half. Thankfully I had little to no anxitey the whole trip so I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the feeling.

And to add to the list:

Methylone
Ketamine
MDMA
Weed
LSD
Speed
Coke

Tinabina

Wish we still had the weed thread. I've been smoking regularly for years. A friend gave me some green last night and this stuff smells like shit, and not the good skunk kind, its really horrible. I had my doubts when I smelled it and found my first seed in years in the bag but it is surprisingly really good. Anyone know what it could be?

Sai-kun

Banned
I drink at parties, usually, and those are maybe once at month at the most, usually just once every couple months. I smoked weed for the first time a couple weeks ago with a friend. I didn't really get anything out of it, and I tried it again at that same friend's party a week later, didn't get anything from it either. I'm not super hyped on it or anything.

Outside of alcohol, I really don't see myself enjoying much other stuff, and I'm really not curious to try anything else, except for LSD, which I do wanna do at some point.

edit: wormstrangler: that sounds so fucking scary but also really amazing. wow.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I've done weed in my teens til I hit my 20's. Chronic, them orange/red hairs and the fruity kind were my go to weed products.

I haven't tried downers,uppers, coke, p-dog, smoking meth, etc. and never will.

Anyways, props to you guys getting your pleasure thru natural/synthetic substances. Just know your limit so you can keep enjoying your ethereal high.
:D

I've always been interested in weed but if I popped that cherry I'd want it to be good weed.

They should just legalize it so I can try it out.

highrider

Banned
i tried mushrooms and lsd in high school. drank a lot of alcohol up until i was in my mid 20's. now at 44, i smoke weed for my relaxation, much like people would drink socially. i no longer use any other drugs including alcohol. weed just works for me. i'm an artist /creative type, so yeah.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I always freak out when I smoke weed. It's ridiculous.

highrider

Banned
I always freak out when I smoke weed. It's ridiculous.

it isn't for everybody. i always enjoyed the high, but my wife tends to get ultra paranoid when she smokes. it is important to smoke high quality ( medical grade if possible ) to get the best high. commercial grade mexican weed is mostly shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom