• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Kazuhira

While i wait for Ringed City to be released i decided to start a bare fist run because why not?
I killed
Iudex Gundyr
yesterday and it's actually pretty fun so far,but let's see how long it lasts.
Both Pontiff's eyes rings will be pretty useful for this challenge.

When does Review Embargo for Ringed City end? Tomorrow?

"All review sites have reached consensus. The Ringed City is the worst DLC ever, and makes you dumber for playing it."

OK then.

60JywpY.gif

Any suggestions for a particularly fun PvE build? I bounced off this game pretty fast back when it was released, but with TRC coming out soon I want to get back in and send things off.

Toxi

Banned
Any suggestions for a particularly fun PvE build? I bounced off this game pretty fast back when it was released, but with TRC coming out soon I want to get back in and send things off.
Start as a Warrior, pump strength. Get a big weapon, infuse it with a Heavy Gem, and pound faces.

Ferr986

Either no one is friggin playing on PS4 or everyone is doing as me finishing bosses at the last day for some characters. Absolutely no signs anywhere lol

Gonna have to do it solo style...

Rex_DX

Gold Member
So this is weird:

I was fighting a giant crab in upper Farron Keep/Road of Sacrifices when suddenly I got a message popup "You don't have a license for this DLC. Returning to menu."

I was booted back to the title screen and now the 30,000 souls I had on me are gone.

I have the season pass.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
So I'm level 45 with a +2 boss weapon.

Did I over level and screw myself out of being able to get my sword grass for the Watchdogs?

Lulubop

Been awhile since I've played this, so I turn it on and my data is gone. Fine, I don't mind replaying but no the game keeps alt-tabbing itself out. Not sure what's up

Goldboy

What are the new icons next to some of the bonfire travel locations? Those weren't there before.

They were added a couple days ago. They indicate how many embered players around your level are near each bonfire. So that if you're looking to invade/co-op you can know which places are active.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
You can invade. You probably have higher chances to get invasions if you stay in the forrest (is automatic), You need to get Farron alligeance first and equip it.

Ah that sucks.

I did a really good sweep of the keep at level 36. Got the black bow and hat and everything. I was looking forward to PVP after the abyss watchers. I had so many souls from the road of sacrifices on that I just dumped them into levels. Should have waited.

Just did a few invasions as a watchdog and all I got were pale tongues. Yet when I invade as a sun bro I get medals. I forgot how obtuse the covenants can be.

Oh well. Ringed city!!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Can anyone trade or give me the Crystal Sage rapier ?

I used the soul earlier like an idiot and now Im trying to farm these knights in Anor Londo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: playing on ps4

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I was about to say sure, then I saw PS4. Sorry.

Anyone about to hit Smouldering Lake on PC?

I'd like to run some coop through here if so.

Sarcasm

Tried to finish my HW before my day starts, but I have less than an hour and I don't want to start with only that much available =(

Means 8 hours later.

neoism

wat the fuck i literally had to go to the store type in dark souls fined ds3 go to addons and download trc.....

😑

preload FROM start doing it.... 😔

Mr. Tibbs

Hmm...

I had this backed up on my external hard drive and when I moved it back into my Steamapps folder on my D drive instead of just downloading the latest updates, its downloading 19.4 gb. Was there a huge patch or something?

Audioboxer

Are there still any shortcuts, glitches or cheeseathons in the newest patch? Last time I played the katana swordsman could be made invincible to cheese Dancer lol.

double jump

Getting these ears are brutal. 3 per hour. Why would anyone design something like this?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
;_; I have to do this next for the rings. Fuck!

Yup. I'm about the beat the Ringed City and then I'll probably start a new character and shoot for a level 28 PVP build. I was getting tons of watchdog summons until I hit about 35-40. I wish they became relevant again later on.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Nah, man. The farm route for grass is pretty fast. The ears broke me since the summoning was (is?) busted and they're a pain to farm.

I feel you. But I hate farming. It feels so cheesy. I just wish the summoning worked as intended.

I almost wish they had revamped covenants more than the poise patch.

double jump

Yup. I'm about the beat the Ringed City and then I'll probably start a new character and shoot for a level 28 PVP build. I was getting tons of watchdog summons until I hit about 35-40. I wish they became relevant again later on.

Actually the grass is way easier than the ears. Got all 30 within about two hours of grinding. I could have just been lucky. Meanwhile I'm on about day 3 with these ears and I still got about 10 left to get.

Also​ frost build up is so op. If you got smashed with the ice hammer by a dude in Undead Legion armor than it was me. Lol.

Milijango

Heading into Ashes of Ariandel for the first time at level 35.

I managed under worse conditions for the Old Hunters, but still... hold me.

Top Bottom