• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Sayad

I just teabagged a Urien for no real reason on the dizzy of the final hit. I just KnucklePunked this guy and I feel a little bit like scum. I don't even know why I did it. It just kinda happened.
You do, and the sooner you embrace it the better. :D

.....................jk

Shadoken

Why is Bison such a bad matchup for Nash?

I've never done well against Bison and I've never seen too many other Nash players do well against him either but I can't put my finger on why.

Its a real pain. Hard to Zone him with booms because of a combination of headstomp and his parry.

In neutral they are pretty similar , both have good dashes and ass walkspeed with good range normals. Though i'd say Nash is more mobile since his backdash is better.

Both are pretty ass at defense , but Bison has a much scarier offense than Nash. That damage tho.

Its a real pain. Hard to Zone him with booms because of a combination of headstomp and his parry.

In neutral they are pretty similar , both have good dashes and ass walkspeed with good range normals. Though i'd say Nash is more mobile since his backdash is better.

Both are pretty ass at defense , but Bison has a much scarier offense than Nash. That damage tho.

Yeah I think you're right. That's a pretty good breakdown between the two.

I feel like Abby is going to be about reads but able to lay on aggression morethan the likes of Birdie.

Or at least I'm praying for that lol.

Play who you want. You'll have to work harder than other people, but getting caught up in the tiers meme is stupid because, unless you are really cognitive of it, you'll be relying on their gimmicks and get btfo when someone has experience against that shit. I took my shitty Rog to a local after cleaning house online for a month and got rocked. I had no defensive plans, my spacing was shit, and I was just waiting for v-trigger, so they just saved meter and bodied me before I could get anything started. And they jabbed out my rekkas into oH.

I guess this applies more offline than online though, since you can get away with silly shit online in most games that you shouldn't be able to lol.

Marvel

could never
Play who you actually like. There are top tier characters that just feel off to me that I simply cannot click with. All about looks, feel, animations and personality for me. Those are the characters I get the most out of online.

Failing that just puck Urien or Laura. Lol

Don't listen to this bozo, he's upset no one plays fang because he's ass cheeks

You can play alex, he requires some work, but you can play him.

Don't play fang or juri, that shit is a lost cause.

I don't understand these comments? Gentlementhief (solid VF5 player as well) is a Master Juri player. I've played Fangs that make it seem like he can't be punished with the ranges they used there normals.

Honestly play whoever you feel like...you can win with the entire cast with practice.

For a second I thought this was the Tekken OT
You really can tho...

Obviously there are low tiers. But so much of the differences in characters aren't even fully represented until you're at a much higher level of play. Even still, online is more about learning great setups with your character that are hard to defend because actual reads and reactions are much harder to do with online play, some stuff is almost impossible.

For example Birdie ex bullhorn can be punished by certain moves and his jumping chain grab can be reacted to. Online? It's very tough.

Alex is low tier, but he can scoop you to death if you develop a fearless command throw pressure and learn how to parry effectively that can take you far in online ranked. I mean what are the goals for an average person on GAF picking up SFV? Isn't it just to get competent at the game? You can freely pick any character if that's the goal

MrCarter

I think the top 8 at EVO being filled with 8 different characters signifies that the balance is fairly well done in this game. Yes, we have a few issues with Balrog, Laura, and Ibuki but we have to remember none of these characters even reached this top 8.

I think the top 8 at EVO being filled with 8 different characters signifies that the balance is fairly well done in this game. Yes, we have a few issues with Balrog, Laura and Ibuki but we have to remember none of these characters even reached this top 8.

These characters represents Throw Loops, AA Jabs and corner pressure.

You only saw Nash and it beat Itazan is because he was unprepared for the MU.

What does the beginning weeks of using Rog at a local when I was still learning him have anything to do with the conversation?

Nah this is a waste of time. There's a reason most people ignore you. I should too!

Anyway, y'all ready for that Abi Gail?

Why has Capcom not told us how long the maintenance will be this Tuesday? I want to play Abby on my birthday but if other updates mean anything, he wouldn't technically come out until 9PM ET.

I mean, I work until midnight anyway, so I won't be playing him Tuesday regardless, but I still want to know.

DunpealD

What does the beginning weeks of using Rog at a local when I was still learning him have anything to do with the conversation?

Nah this is a waste of time. There's a reason most people ignore you. I should too!

Anyway, y'all ready for that Abi Gail?

How can one not be stoked for Abigail, Suzaku Castle, Bay Area and Ring of Pride? New costumes are not too shabby either.

Zackat

Jlf works in pretty much everything afaik. Hayabusa lever is amazing though. Just put a 2lb spring in it and it is fantastic.

Village

Honestly play whoever you feel like...you can win with the entire cast with practice.

You can

Its just a lot more work with some characters than it i is for others, and I stand by my statement that juri isn't worth the amount of work you have to put in. I think her moveset is strait up unfinished and bad, and doesn't really fit with the game its in. Its weird because her sf4 moveset would have been way better for this game, than it was for sf4

but you know, we got what we got , I guess

You can

Its just a lot more work with some characters than it i is for others, and I stand by my statement that juri isn't worth the amount of work you have to put in. I think her moveset is strait up unfinished and bad, and doesn't really fit with the game its in. Its weird because her sf4 moveset would have been way better for this game, than it was for sf4

but you know, we got what we got , I guess

Which is a bummer because I've always been a fan of juri :/ I've been playing a bit of Ed and really enjoy em, Kolin looks cool too but I'm a little short on fight money. When I first picked up the game at launch I just stuck to Laura so she's an option. Hope they fix Juri in the future.

stn

Any way to land cr.mk xx hands with Ed on a PS4 dpad? I'd like to use the character but don't want to learn him if I cannot use one of his main moves.

Marvel

could never
Chun has the best tbag.

She looks like a shapeshifting necropmorph when she does it.

Any way to land cr.mk xx hands with Ed on a PS4 dpad? I'd like to use the character but don't want to learn him if I cannot use one of his main moves.
I play a little Ed, on ps4 dpad.

Edit: huh crMK flicker either doesn't work or I am shit.

If you don't mean his flicker (rapid punches) but his upper that's really easy, as long as you definitely hit both punches. It can whiff if your crMK connects at max range though.

stn

Yeah, I'm definitely referring to flicker. How does one piano LP on a PS4 dpad? Ugh. I hate characters that are obviously meant to be played on stick.

JAXXX

LAST DAY at SDCC...

SUNDAY, July 23

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
Long Vo, Artist, UDON Entertainment

1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey “Chamba” Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment

I just teabagged a Urien for no real reason on the dizzy of the final hit. I just KnucklePunked this guy and I feel a little bit like scum. I don't even know why I did it. It just kinda happened.

The only time I did this was actually back in the SF4 days(probably AE 2012 was the first time). It was always a thing in online games, but far from being as common in the FGC as it is now. But I only did it to guys who were running away while losing to me. If they were beating me then I just had to hold that. But dudes were literally running for their life when I had a 50% life lead. I was like "OK, you hang out over there and I'll hang out over here". Not only did I teabag, but I also spammed jump back as a way to insult them. I won several of these matches by time out because some of these guys still wouldn't fully commit to go down trying to win the match. Like it's a moral victory to them for losing without having their health bar completely depleted.

I did have a couple of guys do this to me recently. I won the set 2-1 each time though. I always get the feeling they're trying to make me mad and throw me off my game. But I continue with the lame fireball spammy Ryu regardless of what anybody does.

Top Bottom