• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarekx

So, for those who beat Xenoblade. Could this be a direct sequel or more likely just spiritual? I got burnt out on the game after trying to do everything, and i've tried to go back since but can't get back into it. I might start over and try again after seeing this though.

ultron87

So, for those who beat Xenoblade. Could this be a direct sequel or more likely just spiritual? I got burnt out on the game after trying to do everything, and i've tried to go back since but can't get back into it. I might start over and try again after seeing this though.

It could very easily be a sequel. Plenty of room left to explore.

demidar

The chat log shows speakers who aren't the party (named player1, player2 and player3 respectively). This could just be an actual thing that exists in the in-game universe, or it could just be testers fucking around. Either way we can't really draw decisive conclusions. My guess is definitely single-player focused with optional online co-op. Breaking apart monster limbs/parts appear to be an evolution of Xenoblade's combat system utilising position as a factor, however it will still be very RPG-heavy, nothing like a MonHun game and not as punishing. AI appears to be on par with XB's as well.

vareon

Remember this, guys?

4qbKJc2.jpg

It's been so long.

it looks like Shulk was in the trailer so it takes place at about the same time but it doesn't appear to be a direct sequel.

also yeah. don't try to do everything. I only did side quests when I happened upon them. otherwise I just explored around and advanced the story.

2San

The chat log shows speakers who aren't the party (named player1, player2 and player3 respectively). This could just be an actual thing that exists in the in-game universe, or it could just be testers fucking around. Either way we can't really draw decisive conclusions. My guess is definitely single-player focused with optional online co-op. Breaking apart monster limbs/parts appear to be an evolution of Xenoblade's combat system utilising position as a factor, however it will still be very RPG-heavy, nothing like a MonHun game and not as punishing. AI appears to be on par with XB's as well.
I really think it's Xenoblade sequel with optional co-op. Since the party attack is still in the game(which doesn't make sense for multiplayer).

8eesLrs.jpg

UberTag

ok, Square-Enix. No fucking excuses not to have controllable airships in VersusXII and/or FFXV.

This looks awesome!
Square Enix will always have excuses. They can no longer compete with this.
It's not a matter of whether they can deliver but how many other Japanese RPG studios will pass them by.

Atlus, From Software and Monolithsoft already have.
Mistwalker, Level 5 and Tales Studio are knocking on the door.

Giran

We can't say for sure but art direction in general looks quite different. Much less stylized and colorful, so I'd wager it isn't a sequel.

Krowley

This looks really good, assuming the multi is just an online coop feature. this is the type of game to make me start considering the purchase of a Wii U

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The best part of the ND conference. Looks incredible and gorgeous.

Looks beautiful,

I am just not convinced about the gameplay. It seems basically you run around, killing big dinosaurs.

I hope that's just the trailer concentrating on something which not indicative of the whole game, though.

daveo42

Banned
I think I mostly excited about open world mech combat they showed off in the trailer. Does this mean I actually have to buy a Wii U?

I think I'll let them release it first before I take the plunge on another system from Nintendo.

His OST for The Blue Exorcist is the best he's ever done,imo

It's a tough call for me. Blue Exorcist was really good too, but I usually skip the first four songs on the first OST. I liked the Song of the Sun (Taiyou no Uta) OST he did a lot too. Then there is the Marks no Yama, Team Medical Dragon 1-3, and so many other awesome OST's.

I really like his contributions to this show too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Zs7PJcptU -Love this song

Man, I don't have a favorite, I like them all.

Monolith Soft has me hyped for this game soley for the music already.

I'm excited!! :D

Hiroyuki Sawano working on a video game. Yahoo!!

Looks beautiful,

I am just not convinced about the gameplay. It seems basically you run around, killing big dinosaurs.

I hope that's just the trailer concentrating on something which not indicative of the whole game, though.

Watch some Xenoblade gameplay and you'll probably get a good idea of what this game will be like.

daakusedo

Should it be going in the xenoblade direction then its likely the more colorful areas are further in the game just like xenoblade. The first area there was also pretty bland compared to the rest of the game.

I don't know, here the first area shown is like a giant gaur plain (!) and sky and grass contrast is toned down. But wild and anthropomorphic landscapes is still surely here.

Caesnd

It's interesting how they're going with Swano, who's a popular anime composer, instead of Mitsuda though. Considering they got Tanaka back as a character designer, I wonder if Mitsuda turned them down...

Tanaka's back? Consider me interested.

Pikma

Banned
If that video of a (Pre?)Alpha version of a game shows us what the Wii U is capable of, I really don't mind it, I mean, it looked gorgeous, it looked fucking beautiful, the only way I can get spoiled by something else is if Sony/M$ go the farthest they can go with their system capabilities, and even regardless of that, it will still look good, and that's two worlds of difference compared to what I could have said about the Wii even at launch.

Also, I hope Sakaguchi is still close to Iwata, last time he said the lack of HD hurt The Last Story, well, Sakaguchi-san, it's your chance to redeem yourself now*!

Redeem with others, I was more than happy with TLS

Monsterhunter x lost planet x phantasy star, with a sauce of the same futuristic fantasy anime crap we've seen a thousand times before. It boggles my mind how people can get excited for the exact same shit every.single.time.

Wow, get over yourself. Seriously, why would you even come into this thread? I'm sorry other people enjoy games you don't. The game looks amazing. I love all three of those games and elements from them are great to include. This looks expansive and full of features.

Ravage

Yep this is what i was waiting for. Slightly too MMO-ish for my taste but damn does it look good. Will most likely buy a WiiU the day the localized version releases.

UberTag

I might just have to get a Wii U now.
Correction. You should say, "Now, I might just have to get a Wii U when this comes out."

See, just a quick change in wording and you still get to play this Day 1.

Buying systems for games that aren't out yet is just silliness.
Wait for them to arrive and THEN buy the system with it.
Make the new Xeno game YOUR Wii U launch title.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks good.

Now... your turn, Sony and Microsoft.

Xiul

Xenoblade 2? Oh my... I don even... i wasn't expecting this much from this Nintendo, this E3 is going to be so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom