• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

NeoUltima

Is anyone who wasn't using their ps3 when the problem started to happen still able to play their games? Maybe they started maintenance before kicking everyone off psn and somehow it messed up those systems.

Speevy

Banned
I just got invaded in Demon's Souls and the guy disappeared, haha I win you bastard.

may not have actually happened

Dot50Cal

Banned
I cant even play Heavy Rain? What the fuck? My roomate beat it last night while I was sleeping and I can't even see the ending now? Gah.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oni Jazar said:
OK WTF. I unplugged my PS3 from the network and it STILL won't let me play Heavy Rain.

I was just playing Uncharted 2 online a few mins ago.

I don't think unplugging the PS3 would fix the problem if you was online when it occurred.

It's like Sony sent the command "DESTROY ALL" to all the PS3s connected to the network. :lol

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Holy shit....so I'm browsing my themes to check out a dynamic one and I see one listed as 'corrupted'. Curious as to what it is - I click on information. The second I did that my receiver and ps3 both shut off. WTF!

Ends up my cat was behind my big ass rear projection HDTV and stepped on the surge protector power button. MOTHERFUCKER - I've been trying to figure out how that shit would randomly turn itself off for years. FUCKKKKK.

Replicant

SonComet said:
This is so annoying. Heavy rain won't let me play since it can't sync trophies or some nonsense. I didn't realize I needed to be logged into the psn to play that game.

You don't actually need PSN to play the game. As long as you're not connected to the Internet (as in you don't have internet cable stuck into your PS3), you should be able to play it.

Why? Because I've been playing Heavy Rain for 2 days straight without connecting it to the Internet. I wanted to play it on the big screen in my living room and my internet cable is not long enough to reach my PS3 if I play it in my living room. So I had no choice but to play off-line and the game was playing fine. It collected the trophies and later on, when I synced it to PSN, it synced everything.

So I guess this problem is just PSN problem. Good thing I turned off my PS3 after syncing my trophies last night and never turn it on again ever since because I had to go to work.

V_Ben

Banned
Beatbox said:
Holy shit....so I'm browsing my themes to check out a dynamic one and I see one listed as 'corrupted'. Curious as to what it is - I click on information. The second I did that my receiver and ps3 both shut off. WTF!

Ends up my cat was behind my big ass rear projection HDTV and stepped on the surge protector power button. MOTHERFUCKER - I've been trying to figure out how that shit would randomly turn itself off for years. FUCKKKKK.

yeah, all my dynamic themes are suddenly "corrupted".

Oni Jazar

To recap: Right now no one can start a game of Heavy Rain even if offline? You will get an error:

"Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. The game will quit. (8001050F)"

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
NeoUltima said:
Is anyone who wasn't using their ps3 when the problem started to happen still able to play their games? Maybe they started maintenance before kicking everyone off psn and somehow it messed up those systems.

I wasn't online when that happened and I can play games no prob. I disconnected the cable before trying tho. I don't want some PSN hiccup to fuck my system :p

Connected now. Crisis Averted.

Oni Jazar said:
To recap: Right now no one can start a game of Heavy Rain even if offline? You will get an error:

"Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. The game will quit. (8001050F)"

Yeah, that's a pretty hefty glitch. They better patch it.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Okay so apart from the tropy issues anyone else get "The Copyright Information is Invalid." when starting PSN games?

This is making me anxious the most

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Well it works for me. I also don't get why you guys can't use DLC and even games while being offline. I do that all the time.

NeoUltima

Shieeeeeeet. PSN been hacked yo

kamorra said:
Well it works for me. I also don't get why you guys can't use DLC and even games while being offline. I do that all the time.
Did you just turn on your ps3? Where you not using it when the problem started?
nskinnear said:
A friend of mine in Canada says he's not having any problems.
Same question for your friend

Oni Jazar

Replicant said:
You don't actually need PSN to play the game. As long as you're not connected to the Internet (as in you don't have internet cable stuck into your PSN), you should be able to play it.

As of right now unplugging the network or shutting off wifi will still give you a "Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. The game will quit. (8001050F)" error.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I got the Heavy Rain trophy sync error and I wasn't even connected to the internet. I wonder if the problem is with HR instead.

Ravager61

I can't log in either. I just want to play Heavy Rain but I get the error "Registration of the trophy information could not be completed" and it kicks me out of the game. This blows.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oni Jazar said:
As of right now unplugging the network or shutting off wifi will still give you a "Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. The game will quit. (8001050F)" error.

Only if you were online when the shit it the fan tho. I CAN play games no problem cos I wasn't online.

Oni Jazar

FuttBuck said:
I was just playing borderlands from 4-7:30, got off and checked my trophies and everything was fine.

I was just playing Uncharted 2 online from about 6-7:30. When I start up Heavy Rain it now gives me the error whether ethernet is plugged in or not.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CAUTION: If after PSN died, your Heavy Rain trophies disappeared, DO NOT PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH TROPHIES. Each time you do, your trophies will disappear from your system after being unable to sync. They're still on Sony's server, anyway, but I don't think wants to slowly watch their trophies disappear, even if they can be replaced later.

Cruzader

Banned
neva- said:
No cable attached, network connection disabled, same problem.
Holy shit, this is BAD.

Since when does the user need a network to play offline single-player games???? This shit needs to die. No console should have this serious flaw. Just because the console/PSN cant sync trophies with network, it shouldnt lock the game. It should skip the synching process and let the player continue playing.

Lince

Banned
my guess is that the PSN servers have a lot if not all PSN IDs that logged in this afternoon (when PSN issues started) as still "logged in", of course you can't play your onlince DLC or unlock trophies if the account is already being used, massive hacking? :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Salaadin said:
Mightve already been mentioned but someone on IGNs boards is thinking its a leap year bug

How could it be a leap year bug? Not only is it the 28th, but 2010 isn't a leap year. Unless you're suggesting that the lack of a leap year tripped up PSN, in which case this should've happened last year.

Salaadin said:
Mightve already been mentioned but someone on IGNs boards is thinking its a leap year bug
:lol Wow, that's actually pretty funny.

Was going to watch the Office, but Netflix won't connect. I'm assuming you have to be logged into PSN to get Netflix to work. No big deal. I'll just play GoW II.

V_Ben

Banned
thetrin said:
CAUTION: If after PSN died, your Heavy Rain trophies disappeared, DO NOT PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH TROPHIES. Each time you do, your trophies will disappear from your system after being unable to sync. They're still on Sony's server, anyway, but I don't think wants to slowly watch their trophies disappear, even if they can be replaced later.

this is a pretty big cock up. crikey.

yup.. no psn games... no Braid, no trine, No Kung Fu Ragdolls, No noby noby boy, no Flower, pixeljunk is fine, Stardust is fine, Flow is fucked, Warhawk is fucked, and the date

the date is 1/1................

is this the millenium bug?

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Guys - try manually changing your date if you are having problems playing stuff OFFLINE. Mine reset to 12/31/1999 - games and DLC bought after that might cause a problem with the digital liscense. But you might want to stay away from todays date if that is the problem here.

Top Bottom