• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: D.O.A. Trailer
Aye Verb vs. Real Deal
Swave Sevah vs. Th3 Saga
Rum Nitty vs. Danja Zone
Steams vs. E-Ness
Chronic Lz vs. Heartless
D Banks vs. ??????

DNA vs. Danja Zone was alright. Some super hot lines in there, I guess it just had a bit of a weird flow for me with DNA repeating a lot of lines and Danja being more warm than hot.

Also wtf @ this card, so random:

12642609_10207875517821829_4373748507295291770_n.jpg

I got QP on the first watch. Wish the audio wasn't so all over the place. Camera work could be better too. Shit's too close, would've been cool to actually see the outfit QP freestyled about in the 1st. The bars still worked but still. Also the shot being so close really doesn't show off any performance. Jon Dough gets a lot of praise for his camera work and editing but this was honestly sub-par presentation wise.

Luckily the battle itself is fire af. QP was leaving earth. Chilla was on point, save for that weird ass feces scheme but whatever. Both came with their top quality material. QP just had more variety in both methods of attack and subject matter.

Also nothing against Jhonny Storm, but seeing that match-up after Charlie was supposed to run through Hollow, Mook and Lux is just a little bit sad. Not that Clips hasn't always taken smaller names in between bigger battles. But that's been part of the problem and now it almost seems like he's stuck in that lane.

I didn't even watch Charlie vs Suge. Is it worth it you guys?

I got QP on the first watch. Wish the audio wasn't so all over the place. Camera work could be better too. Shit's too close, would've been cool to actually see the outfit QP freestyled about in the 1st. The bars still worked but still. Also the shot being so close really doesn't show off any performance. Jon Dough gets a lot of praise for his camera work and editing but this was honestly sub-par presentation wise.

Luckily the battle itself is fire af. QP was leaving earth. Chilla was on point, save for that weird ass feces scheme but whatever. Both came with their top quality material. QP just had more variety in both methods of attack and subject matter.

Also nothing against Jhonny Storm, but seeing that match-up after Charlie was supposed to run through Hollow, Mook and Lux is just a little bit sad. Not that Clips hasn't always taken smaller names in between bigger battles. But that's been part of the problem and now it almost seems like he's stuck in that lane.

I didn't even watch Charlie vs Suge. Is it worth it you guys?
Eh, the presentation doesn't show much movement, but I include how well everything comes out and is recited as a whole and it gave me a really good impression of what they were conveying. I do wish that they had shown more though.

QP took it, not sure if it is 2 or 3 rounds though.

Nah, honestly unless you just want to say you've seen it...it is a completely skippable battle. Just bleh.

Clips is just killing whatever legendary status he was building towards. He'll be a top guy, but not the elite. Like come on, he is not going to write one bar for that jonny storm battle.

Xcel VS. Bedaffi Green
https://youtu.be/eQN7-g0QoyA

Xcel was on fire, his 3rd was pretty great.

Furyous

G Mayn Frost has came up in the world since chasing Ars out the club.

How do we feel about Unbias blog? QF got mad and recorded a blog doxxing Unbias basically threatening him to show up to Arsonal's event or he'd release his information on him.

Unbias WENT IN on some Lux shit. Unbias dissected the ever loving fuck of QF. Now QF is on twitter liking BO6 announcements and took down his video.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
G Mayn Frost has came up in the world since chasing Ars out the club.

How do we feel about Unbias blog? QF got mad and recorded a blog doxxing Unbias basically threatening him to show up to Arsonal's event or he'd release his information on him.

Unbias WENT IN on some Lux shit. Unbias dissected the ever loving fuck of QF. Now QF is on twitter liking BO6 announcements and took down his video.

Chris Unbias is the corniest of cornballs.

Dude always talks like he's gods gift to vlogging. Stays telling others they're opinions aren't worth shit while flexing (does this in here to Queenzflip). Stays taking shots at other bloggers until he gets his cards pulled. Stays flexing about his personal relationships with artists while calling himself unbiased like he made his own definition of journalistic integrity. Stays going back on his word and getting himself off scot free but scolding others when they do it (which he does here with his agreement with Flip). Stays calling out others for namedropping and being insecure when dude does all the same shit. Stays trying to sell himself as the most important shit in battle rap.

He was right to call out Queenzflip for doxxing him, but the majority of his criticisms was hypocritical and dude came off way more butthurt than Queenzflip who does shit for the jokes first and foremost.

I'm still subscribed because of the nuggets of behind the scenes info you can get from him, but he pretty much embodies the holier-than-thou blogger persona which I despise.

Cornball.

Chris Unbias is the corniest of cornballs.

Dude always talks like he's gods gift to vlogging. Stays telling others they're opinions aren't worth shit while flexing (does this in here to Queenzflip). Stays taking shots at other bloggers until he gets his cards pulled. Stays flexing about his personal relationships with artists while calling himself unbiased like he made his own definition of journalistic integrity. Stays going back on his word and getting himself off scot free but scolding others when they do it (which he does here with his agreement with Flip). Stays calling out others for namedropping and being insecure when dude does all the same shit. Stays trying to sell himself as the most important shit in battle rap.

He was right to call out Queenzflip for doxxing him, but the majority of his criticisms was hypocritical and dude came off way more butthurt than Queenzflip who does shit for the jokes first and foremost.

I'm still subscribed because of the nuggets of behind the scenes info you can get from him, but he pretty much embodies the holier-than-thou blogger persona which I despise.

Cornball.
This is my assessment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus Christ that blog is legit an hour. I'm not above devoting some time to blog drama but a full hour is too rich for my blood.

Cliff's Notes?
- It's not worth it
- Fin

But really, most of it is that he just showed Arsonal so much love and Arsonal didn't reciprocate after promising to get Chris a media pass so they drifted apart so he doesn't understand why Arsonal got mad about small things. Then he goes in on Queenzflip calling him relevant because he could never be as great as Chris.

Furyous

Jesus Christ that blog is legit an hour. I'm not above devoting some time to blog drama but a full hour is too rich for my blood.

Cliff's Notes?

Start watching it at 31:38 for the Queenzflip slander. He literally goes in dissecting everything about Queenzflip sonning the ever loving fuck out of dude. Of course Queenzflip responded by doxxing Unbias but took the video down.

So I skimmed through the blog and listened to most of it. Also heard a bit more about the argument on AFR. I do agree that Chris Unbias seems to have an unwarranted sense of self importance. Pretentiousness aside, though, it does seem like QF is being a weirdo. His whole problem with Chris seems to be that Chris has mentioned he doesn't like the Quiet Room concept a couple times on his channel. When pushed that apparently really is his issue.

So if Im not misunderstanding this and that's really why Queenzflip is stirring up all this drama; then yeah he needs to chill the fuck out. I really don't get why he cares so much.

Also, does anybody know who the fuck this is?

So I skimmed through the blog and listened to most of it. Also heard a bit more about the argument on AFR. I do agree that Chris Unbias seems to have an unwarranted sense of self importance. Pretentiousness aside, though, it does seem like QF is being a weirdo. His whole problem with Chris seems to be that Chris has mentioned he doesn't like the Quiet Room concept a couple times on his channel. When pushed that apparently really is his issue.

So if Im not misunderstanding this and that's really why Queenzflip is stirring up all this drama; then yeah he needs to chill the fuck out. I really don't get why he cares so much.

Also, does anybody know who the fuck this is?
Man after Daylyt and Pat, I expected another dope announcement.....I was completely underwhelmed by whoever that is getting announced.

Iron Solomon VS. Dizaster at BO6. I saw this coming a mile away. Should be fun though. Does anybody else feel like there are quite a few nobodys on this card?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I gave it to Chilla 2-1. Rate the battle as a whole and Chilla's performance specifically slightly below the Prep battle, but there's a lot of good stuff in there. I still watch that first round vs. Prep from time to time.

mileS

Chilla's opening line of the second round was body bag, toe tagged, straight battles over type shit. bahahahaha hilarious.

Danny vs Clips was an alright battle. The audio from this event continues to annoy in spots but it was far more listenable than Chilla vs QP.

I think Danny got that pretty comfortably. Clips may have taken the 2nd off some cool jokes but he was mostly standard low effort Charlie. Danny's 3rd round was the only part that really stood out to me. He could stand to switch his rhyme schemes up like that more in the future.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Danny vs Clips was an alright battle. The audio from this event continues to annoy in spots but it was far more listenable than Chilla vs QP.

I think Danny got that pretty comfortably. Clips may have taken the 2nd off some cool jokes but he was mostly standard low effort Charlie. Danny's 3rd round was the only part that really stood out to me. He could stand to switch his rhyme schemes up like that more in the future.
Agree with this word for word, though Danny had some creative punches in the 1st I felt.

^^^
I definitely agree with that.

Watched Luck vs O, I enjoyed it up to half way through just off the strength of the audio and visuals. It was like watching a real battle again. Unfortunately Official really sucks now. Cookie cutter style and nowhere near good enough writing to carry it. She got crickets for most the battle and rightfully so. Lady Luck was bizarre. I wouldn't say good but she was at least unique enough that I was entertained even in her failures. She also had a few genuinely good moments. Mostly the fat jokes and I actually liked her long winded "O" 36 times scheme. Overall kind of a trash battle but I wouldn't mind seeing Lady Luck again if she got someone to advise her in a few key areas.

ARSONAL vs SYAHBOY | BullPen Battle League

Haven't seen this yet but a lot of people are saying "don't sleep on it." The matchup isn't doing anything for me on paper but crazier things have happened.

I'm actually shaking with excitement

Magic and Chilla together is basically Steph and Klay.

And the return of Yung Ill

I'm done. What a card
Yeah I was gonna post the trailer but got distracted. But some of those matchups could be disasterous if there isn't any chemistry....some big unknowns could lead to some screw ups. But im down to watch!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here's the trailer for URL's Double Impact. March 26th.

DNA/K-Shine vs. Tsu Surf/Tay Roc
Math Hoffa/Cortez vs. Aye Verb/Yung Ill
Chilla Jones/B Magic vs. T-Top/Brizz Rawsteen
Charlie Clips/John John Da Don vs. Big T/Th3 Saga
Chess/Steams vs. Marvwon & Quest McCody

I'm in it for the return of Yung Ill AND Math to URL. IN THE SAME GODDAMN BATTLE TOO. URL is going HAM with these events recently.

Also:

URL: Tone Montana vs. Dre Dennis.

Been waiting for the return of Tone. People were hyping his performance heavy, can't wait to watch.

EDIT: Tone killed it. Dude has one of the rawest deliveries in the game. Tone vs. Tink needs to happen.

Furyous

CbtVnWmWEAAIJWW.jpg

So Charron has "fans".

BO6 is classic:

Rex finessed another league somehow as he didn't battle.

Daylyt didn't battle due to an alleged death. RIP to his fam.

Diz vs Solomon was classic, allegedly.

Realiztic vs Bonnie is turning heads.

JPro vs Chedda Cheese is meh.

The first day was great but the second day is currently going on.

Serius was supposed to battle Pat Stay but Pat Stay canceled. He wanted The Saurus but he canceled. Keep in mind Serius is at the event.

whackout six this event was almost all trash. maybe 3 good battles across both days. this is the worst KOTD event in a minute.

I'm 100% dissapointed with the title match on both sides. I was looking forward to that battle for months and the shit was trash.

I've only seen Gjonaj and Psychoses so far. Very dope battle, THAT is how you redeem yourself Gjonaj.

From the quotes I heard...i'm not surprised Illmac lost....like what was that?

I only really care to see Iron and Diz....Bonnie apparently did well too...but this event seems quite underwhelming.

Oh I heard Carter Deems put on a hilarious battle, i'll check that out too.

I've only seen Gjonaj and Psychoses so far. Very dope battle, THAT is how you redeem yourself Gjonaj.

From the quotes I heard...i'm not surprised Illmac lost....like what was that?

I only really care to see Iron and Diz....Bonnie apparently did well too...but this event seems quite underwhelming.

Oh I heard Carter Deems put on a hilarious battle, i'll check that out too.

Those are all 3 battles worth watching.

Gjo vs Psy, Iron vs Diz (diz goes into a paranoid schizophrenic outburst in his 3rd) and Carter vs Chedda.

Besides that Pass' rounds vs Bishop are worth watching but not the whole battle.

This event was poop falling off an elevated surface into yet a larger pile of poop.

Battle rap was a mistake.

Those are all 3 battles worth watching.

Gjo vs Psy, Iron vs Diz (diz goes into a paranoid schizophrenic outburst in his 3rd) and Carter vs Chedda.

Besides that Pass' rounds vs Bishop are worth watching but not the whole battle.

This event was poop falling off an elevated surface into yet a larger pile of poop.

Battle rap was a mistake.

Well, we got two URL events that should be great. All hope is not lost! Damn illmac....guess he won't be battling Pass anytime soon. That would have been a great title match.

Yeah, battle rap's fine* I'm just still enduring the waves of disappointment washing over me. I was watching this stream from 6:40 PM to ~2:30 AM -- the first two hours of which was all commentary NO BATTLES -- all to have the main event suck. That URL 2 on 2 event looks like fire though.

*Apart from being humanity's greatest failing.

mileS

Nah it was deems vs chedda and arsonal vs ice

Chedda and deems was awesome but its hard not to be sad that we got robbed of ice vs carter again.

Tone Montana was dope against Dre Dennis, really dope. I hope he sticks around.

I like Rone, I still can't believe he won though.

I honestly give it to Illmac 2-1 but Im not even gonna pretend I'm unbiased.

I'll say this. Rone was ultra beatable that battle and Ilmac happened to be weaker than he has been in years. This is Ill's worst performance since Arsonal.

^ Or this.
I honestly give it to Illmac 2-1 but Im not even gonna pretend I'm unbiased.

I'll say this. Rone was ultra beatable that battle and Ilmac happened to be weaker than he has been in years. This is Ill's worst performance since Arsonal.
I thought he was going to be on a tear. Bigg K, Aye Verb, Clips, DNA, Pat Stay, and he loses his first title match to Rone. Yikes!

Solomon chewed Dizaster. Diz had some nice moments though.

Rivitur

Banned
Get rid of the title all together. Nobody takes it serious.
Seriously it's strange that they have one judged battle every 3 or so months and 0 means of even picking contenders. If the rest of the battles aren't judged why even have a title?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like they need to transition the title from a title match thing into a league system with judged Ws and Ls throughout the year. Or at least count definitive Ws and Ls.

URL has been talking about this a while too but it's really hard to even come up with a points system. I think at that point it risks becoming less about the art and more about credentials to brag about too, and I kind of like battle rap being a bit loose and spontaneous. Last thing we need is number crunching.

Saw Rone-Illmac. Not a good battle, maaaaaybe Rone edged it 2-1. Neither of them did great. Illmac was better than I expected but yeah...his shit was pretty weak. Underwhelming. Man, I REALLY wanted Pass-Illmac!

QLEEN PAPER VS. K SHINE
https://youtu.be/WpEl6TgtMF8

Those chokes lol

Oh FYI, Pat Stay VS. Hollow rematch coming

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Saw Rone-Illmac. Not a good battle, maaaaaybe Rone edged it 2-1. Neither of them did great. Illmac was better than I expected but yeah...his shit was pretty weak. Underwhelming. Man, I REALLY wanted Pass-Illmac!

QLEEN PAPER VS. K SHINE
https://youtu.be/WpEl6TgtMF8

Those chokes lol
Weird battle. Editing was good in a way because the chokes didn't bother me that much but the editing is OD claustrophobic and just poorly framed, like more than usual. A lot of good material in there, though. Could have been a good battle, but just underwhelming.

Top Bottom