• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore says farewell to the gaming industry

Theorry

untitledxbrpl.png

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC?lang=nl

Nice little compilation of his work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhGE4J0XORU&feature=youtu.be

sam777

I would wish him well in the future but he is joining Liverpool...
However he has been great for the industry.

He was a fun dude, I always enjoyed him. Never knew much about his tenure at EA, but I liked his Microsoft days.

Probably a good career move too. Good for him!

mileS

He's a legend no matter how you look at it. Would love to hear him talk more openly about stuff on a podcast now.

Theorry

He was a fun dude, I always enjoyed him. Never knew much about his tenure at EA, but I liked his Microsoft days.

Probably a good career move too. Good for him!

Its his ultimate dream probably. Always been a big fan of Liverpool and then to have the chance to become CEO of it. Its crazy.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
giphy.gif

The king of spin, prince of liars. Nobody toes the company line harder in the face of controversy then Peter Moore. He's the epitome of everything wrong with the corporate side of this industry.

That was a nice letter. The video's a bit much, lol.

Good luck to him. He's never really represented any of my favorite games but I alays respected him.

giphy.gif

The king of spin, prince of liars. Nobody toes the company line harder in the face of controversy then Peter Moore. He's the epitome of everything wrong with the corporate side of this industry.

What different do you expect from a corporate exec? I give no two bits about Moore, but any 'noble' examples you have to show us?

Sho Nuff

Banned
True story: I was doing photography for an interview with Peter back in the early Xbox days while someone else ran the interview. I introduced myself, because that what's sane humans do.

Four years later, I ran into him in Tokyo. HE REMEMBERED MY NAME.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I wish him the best of luck, he was certainly a known figure in the industry and he left his mark, I'll miss seeing him on the E3 stage for sure.

Elandyll

Banned
If I'm honest with myself (as I try to be), I'm gonna have to go with ... good riddance?

EA made some unbelievably bad and anti consumer choices under his direction leading "the internet" to place EA repeatedly as one of the worst company in America.
Can't say I'm a fan of his attitude at either Sega or MS either tbh, I think it'll be more appropriate at a place like a soccer club, Liverpool as it is.

Good luck at the new job though.

Cranster

Banned
Good luck to Peter Moore.

giphy.gif

Sinatar
The King of Spin

21b.jpg

(Trigger warning to Peter More fans)

Sorry, I know this man is a saint to some, but like others have pointed out, he's the epitome of what was (and still is) wrong with the video game industry. EA's current culture of acquiring, consuming, and then ultimately destroying companies and IPs (e.g. Bullfrog, Maxis, currently BioWare) all happened under his watch.

Yes he has some skins on his wall, and he's done a bit of good, but I'd suggest he's influenced the industry in a significantly more negative manner than his good could ever hope to balance.

Really? That's dumb.

Not really

If he does a good job, Liverpool will improve. His role at the club will such that his fortunes are essentially intertwined with LFC's. Not really possible for him to succeed, and Liverpool to fail. Maybe he could do great work on our commercial growth and we'll fuck it up.

Spaghetti

I guess he's looking to end his working life at Liverpool, then?

Peter Moore doesn't seem the type to retire outright; but in fairness, he is 62, and the position may be fairly cushy anyway.

Madness

Great video. He was always a good guy with great passion for the industry. He talked about Liverpool so much so not surprised he leaves his successful career for what is essentially probably his dream job since childhood. How many of us can honestly say that. I like how he also showed when South Park parodied him.

TrojanAg

giphy.gif

Bitter much?

Thanks Peter Moore for your contributions to the industry and good luck to you!

Top Bottom