• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaijinworks set to tease new PSP localization in Retro magazine

I tweeted this yesterday (see the timestamp).

EPqYl24.png

I think it might have been a premonition.

Takao

Banned
It's been busy today. Didn't check NeoGAF until now. :)

The tease ad isn't what people are expecting, and it isn't directly for the PSP/Vita. But it is cool, and what we're doing with it will be imitated since I think it's a first on the PlayStation ecosystem (we needed a modification to the sony libraries to even make it work fully, so I think that guarantees it hasn't been done before on PlayStation systems).

The big PSP/Vita (via emulation) RPG announcement will come shortly after. We're already working on it, but the final contract isn't signed yet. 2014 is a very busy year already.

goemon ps2 at long last

cyborg009

Banned
I honestly just hope it isn't another dungeon crawler. It feels like a bunch of the PSP localizations of late have been from that genre.

The servers were shut down for that in Japan, so I doubt there's going to be much movement on the PSP version of that game.

Yep I've played a lot of dungeon crawlers this year.
Last Ranker would be so awesome... but I know there is no chance. Suikoden would be awesome too of course. Venus & Braves would be great.

But being realistic it´s probably something not from companies like Capcom, Namco or Konami...

These companies are very picky with localizations.

Tizoc

What happened to Suikoden 2 for PSN, Vic??!?!

?!?!?

Wait he's the Konami rep? I thought he was just for AKSYS?
Well I'm thinking it's Suikoden 2 may be nearing completion as he mentions PSP/Vita emulation in recent post.

Ratrat

Last Ranker is mediocre. Hopefully it's not that. If they're going to localise an Imageepoch game, I hope they do Sol Trigger, as it is actually good.
I thought it was fun. It's like a Shounen anime. Would have liked more freedom but the battle system is really fun.

cj_iwakura

Wait he's the Konami rep? I thought he was just for AKSYS?
Well I'm thinking it's Suikoden 2 in this case since he mentions PSP/Vita emulation in recent post.

Victor Ireland's from Gaijinworks, formerly Working Designs. He has nothing to do with Aksys, Atlus, XSeed, any of them.
But he sure set the standard.

Last Ranker is mediocre. Hopefully it's not that. If they're going to localise an Imageepoch game, I hope they do Sol Trigger, as it is actually good.

I knew nothing about Sol Trigger, so I watched a few videos. This looks awesome as hell and exactly what Image Epoch set out to do with that whole "JRPG resurgence" thing! Hopefully we get to play it in English someday, whether it be officially or through a fan translation.

LegionX

But all PSP games already run on Vita (and I don't think it's through emulation).

The tease was also in something called Retro Magazine.

Not all PSP games run on Vita... the majority do, but some are only available through transfer from ps3 to vita.. (and some can't be transferred at all) And of course there's a tonne that never got a digital release at all. and it is via emulation

You're also confusing two things, the Retro Magazine tease and the Big RPG announcement where the PSP/Vita were mentioned are two separate things

hongcha

I thought it was fun. It's like a Shounen anime. Would lmhave like more freedom but the battle system is really fun.

Yeah, I know some people like the game but I found the battle system and the quest system to be pretty boring. I played about 8-10 hours and gave up out of boredom.

randomkid

Am I remembering right or did Vic explicitly rule out Over My Dead Body because Sony wanted to charge too high a license fee?

Kumubou

I would personally be hoping for Fate/Extra CCC, but I kind of doubt Gaijinworks would be able to swing the Fate license, and I also doubt that they would work well with Type-Moon, so... nah.

7th Dragon 2020 would be another game I would want to see, even though I've been told it's not that great (at least the game has really good music).

PSP releases in 2014 though... the ten-year plan is too real.

Shinriji

I knew nothing about Sol Trigger, so I watched a few videos. This looks awesome as hell and exactly what Image Epoch set out to do with that whole "JRPG resurgence" thing! Hopefully we get to play it in English someday, whether it be officially or through a fan translation.

The japanese demo is pretty awesome. I would love to play the real thing.

Tizoc

I wish. Been trying to get it on PSN, but the only QA left for PS2 is in South America, and the chances of that working out look decidedly dim.

Well hey if some games can't release in Germany and other EU countries, why can't the same apply to American Continents?

Steel

Banned
I think that means released on PSP (native) and Vita (via emulation)

IE it's a PSP game, but will also be made available to download as a digital PSP title compatible with the Vita

He said psn had to be changed slightly to accomdate it, so it's something that's never been done before.

Now to get the first impossibility out of the way:

Maybe.... It's 3ds emulation!

1million.jpg

Edit:

No no, don't go crazy. I meant PSP emulation on Vita.

Oh wait. I can't randomly speculate on that anymore. Boring.

Shouta

I love it and would still like to do it, but it's not this.

BTW, here's my evaluation disc from the original release. Nostalgia bomb!

oreshika.jpg

Aw, not Oreshika? That would be amazing.

If it's Growlanser 1, I'm gonna be giddy.

Unless it's something like Tear Ring Saga or Berwick Saga. I'd go nuts in that case.

Takao

Banned
Maybe they've modified the PSP emulator on Vita to take screenshots? PSP supported that on a game by game basis so only a small handful used it.

please let it be the addition of anti-aliasing

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Well I'm certainly curious then, since PSP games already play on Vita, I'm wondering what would elicit a need for a new modification to libraries.
PSP games to get trophys earnable only when played on Vita? iirc there was a thread here awhile ago about Sony looking into getting trophies for PS1 games of all things o_O

Prelude.

The Vita sequel to Oreshika.

Disappointing, Vic. :( But if you're interested I'm sure it's great.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything Atlus published, people. I wouldn't say them and Vic have the best of relationships right now.

Is it a sequel though? I thought it was another remake.

Top Bottom