• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I hope they buff shotguns. Seems like they never find equilibrium with their guns in this game

Hibana is just too useful compared to Thermite, whose pickrate has dropped a lot.

I think Mute jamming hatches should be good enough

Easy fix for Hibana would be to just nerf her gadget down to two charges instead of three, but give her 9 pellets per charge.
Make the Hibana player choose how to use their gadget effectively, instead of just using because they have it and can.

Open two hatches, or one hatch and a crouch hole in a wall, or both black mirrors, or one one mirror and a hatch, etc.

Then up the server tick rate so 3 speed peeking advantage is reduced.

Easy fix for Hibana would be to just nerf her gadget down to two charges instead of three, but give her 9 pellets per charge.
Make the Hibana player choose how to use their gadget effectively, instead of just using because they have it and can.

Open two hatches, or one hatch and a crouch hole in a wall, or both black mirrors, or one one mirror and a hatch, etc.
you are killing me here...

Also, on new operators.

I guess Ying will be obvious pick for hostage maps? Flash, push in, get the hostage and nope the fuck out? Especially in the likes of kids bedroom.

I have enough renown for one op right now, so I'll go with Ela myself, since I have less defensive operators anyway. Her ability seems good for both roaming and anchoring, me thinks.

Also, since I haven't played Echo, does Yokai stunfuck allies as well?

Then up the server tick rate so 3 speed peeking advantage is reduced.
Interesting suggestion!!

This way, thermite is still boss for big fucking holes

And hibana is better at hatches, but can also counter mira and make a murder hole.

What if her charges could be bandit tricked easier?

That way, she's risky on walls, but more effective at hatches, and can keep 3 charges to leave her versatile

Also, on new operators.

I guess Ying will be obvious pick for hostage maps? Flash, push in, get the hostage and nope the fuck out? Especially in the likes of kids bedroom.

I have enough renown for one op right now, so I'll go with Ela myself, since I have less defensive operators anyway. Her ability seems good for both roaming and anchoring, me thinks.

A good player never picks Fuze on hostage

But an even better player picks Fuze on hostage ;)

Auctopus

Blood Orchid on September 6th.

"1000 fixes" lol

The full Operation Blood Orchid update will deploy on the Technical Test Server (PC) on August 29th, the release date on live servers will be September 5th (all platforms).

Operation Blood Orchid is the biggest update to Rainbow Six Siege we have ever done. There are over 1000 fixes, including hundreds of fixes to maps and lighting, optimization of Operator data, a full pass on improving resolution and appearance of the game, and many fixes for operators, including Hibana.

During Operation Health, we deployed all of our major technical features on the Technical Test Server. For the launch of Season 3, we will be following this deployment process with the full Operation Blood Orchid deployment on the TTS on August 29th, the live deployment will take place on September 5th. The TTS is available for all players who own Siege on PC, and rolling out to some console players on Uplay PC, check your Uplay PC app to see if you have access.

This will be the first time that we will be deploying actual content on the test server which will help insure a stable launch on all platforms. You will be able to play the new operators, new map, and all of the new changes to Rainbow Six Siege. You will be able to give us feedback, and help us fix bugs right on our TTS Subreddit.

I know it's only 6 days but it baffles me that they made a big song and dance about the new Operation Health schedule and they still didn't manage to release it on time.

mf.luder

Man, that ps blog post about blood orchid has lots of information.

Ela has this “down but not out” emergency button.

Attackers get hit and then can remove the needle from lesion, which makes them vulnerable.

Attackers can deploy all 10 drones in prep phase.

Edit: I’m LTTP.

Disgraced

Not sure why the bios are a big deal to you guys. Its not like it affects the multiplayer and there is no single player component that is hurt by random intel facts.

[...] Its all just in fun
It's not a big deal to me, dude. It's worth discussing to me. They're another sign of how the game's style has been altered over time. In many ways for the worst, imo. That's a bigger deal to me.

Flavor text does affect the and a game. It affects how much someone likes a character, setting, or something. The bios wouldn't exist if they didn't have a purpose. Not a huge purpose, but a purpose nonetheless.

Don't be It's-Just-For-Fun-Man aka It's-Just-A-Joke-Bro. Games are more than *in robotic voice* single-player components and multiplayer components.

If you reduce the game to its "components" you're left with something not nearly as compelling.

TheKeyPit

Banned

"1000 fixes" lol

I know it's only 6 days but it baffles me that they made a big song and dance about the new Operation Health schedule and they still didn't manage to release it on time.
What a joke.

Watch it, the 7-day Season Pass exclusivity will somehow disappear because of this.

Man, that ps blog post about blood orchid has lots of information.

Ela has this “down but not out” emergency button.

Attackers get hit and then can remove the needle from lesion, which makes them vulnerable.

Attackers can deploy all 10 drones in prep phase.

Edit: I’m LTTP.
I wish that downed operators could still activate their gadget in exchange for a bit of health. (Hibana activating her pellets, Thermite activating his charge etc.)

Fury451

Banned
Not sure about how I feel regarding all these three speed defenders. Including Ela, and assuming Lesion isn't one, that's what, five? At least 3 of whom have some of the best weapons in the defender arsenal (Bandit, Jager, and Caveira with her pistol and SMG).

And two of the new defensers are centered around slowing down or stopping three speed attackers, of which there is only four, and I would say only two that are in frequent and regular rotation (Ash and Hibana), though depending on whether the mines and trap gadgets are electronic or mechanical IQ might be more useful now

I'm excited about the way this will change how the game plays, but this is the first time that I've wondered whether or not this might off-balance the gameplay somewhat. If nothing else it'll change it up and give a fresh take for the season.

Not sure about how I feel regarding all these three speed defenders. Including Ela, and assuming Lesion isn't one, that's what, five? At least 3 of whom have some of the best weapons in the defender arsenal (Bandit, Jager, and Caveira with her pistol and SMG).

And two of the new defensers are centered around slowing down or stopping three speed attackers, of which there is only four, and I would say only two that are in frequent and regular rotation (Ash and Hibana), though depending on whether the mines and trap gadgets are electronic or mechanical IQ might be more useful now

I'm excited about the way this will change how the game plays, but this is the first time that I've wondered whether or not this might off-balance the gameplay somewhat. If nothing else it'll change it up and give a fresh take for the season.

Well a team that has all 3 speeds is going to have a bad time on defense

Fury451

Banned
Well a team that has all 3 speeds is going to have a bad time on defense

They seem to do okay when I'm playing them :|

The team makeup I often see is Cav, Jager (basically ever team to be honest) and Bandit, a Pulse quite often, but if not it's with two other random picks. Cav is in the rotation less overall though.

I never understand Caveira players who anchor.

Btw, does anyone know what happens to skins from alpha packs that you get for operators you haven't unlocked?

Also, as much as it hates to be on defensive side when peeps reinforce kids' bedroom, it's beautiful to see when the opposing team does it.

Interesting suggestion!!

And hibana is better at hatches, but can also counter mira and make a murder hole.

That way, she's risky on walls, but more effective at hatches, and can keep 3 charges to leave her versatile

I think the current state of Bandit tricking in general is fine. I wouldn't want to see it go back to the pre-Hibana days of Bandit being the most important pick on defence, being the sole difference between winning and losing rounds.
Plus I think actively bandit tricking was and still is damn boring, despite being a neat quirk in the game.

For overall leveling out her pick rate though, they genuinely need to buff Thermite. He needs the smokes back for a start, and they need to add a third attacker that can open up reinforced walls in the long term.

Same for Ash, I'm in the minority here but I don't think Ash is over powered to play against. It's just that compared to other entry fraggers, her gadget is the absolute best for the role, plus the rest of her kit is S tier. When you compare her to other operators in the entry fragging role, they're all behind her either due to guns, gadgets or speed. Causing the pick rate to skew in her favour.
They need to buff the other entry fraggers or add a new operator that's a solid alternative.
I would be completely fine with them dropping Ash or Hibana, or both down to 2 speeds and bumping different operators up to 3 speeds but that doesn't fix the core issues of 3 speed operators in the game right now. For that they'll need much higher tick rate servers, better netcode in general and better match making so people on 40ms ping aren't playing against people on 100+.

They seem to do okay when I'm playing them :|

The team makeup I often see is Cav, Jager (basically ever team to be honest) and Bandit, a Pulse quite often, but if not it's with two other random picks. Cav is in the rotation less overall though.

Well if they are all roaming, then its easy to rush objective.

In such a scenario, no one has traps, so defence becomes a joke if attackers choose to be aggressive.

With Bandit and Jaeger losing ACOGs, it should help a lot more.

nOoblet16

Holy shit, delaying with less than a week to go is some next level shit. They did the same exact thing when they decided to delay Season 3 for Operation Health merely days before the season was suppose to start.I know it's only a week but have some respect for your fanbase ubi by atleast making these announcements earlier? It's what revitalised your game.

You had to know you'll miss the deadline in advance, rather than 2-3 days before it was suppose to go up for certification.

"1000 fixes" lol

Someone mentioned that Operation Health was Ubi management telling the team "Game's doing well but has issues, so delay the season and take time to fix shit" and tha tit took the developers 'by surprise' as they were expecting a launch in a matter of weeks.

I call bullshit on that, because if they were expecting a launch within weeks....3 months ago then they had to have most of the content ready in which case this delay makes little sense.

Disgraced

Src.

"1000 fixes" lol I know it's only 6 days but it baffles me that they made a big song and dance about the new Operation Health schedule and they still didn't manage to release it on time.
Holy shit, delaying with less than a week to go is some next level shit.
Yup, this is pretty fucked up. Like, another week after a three-month delay and six months of nothing? Really guys?

And the new content is going to be available on the TTS on the 29th so PC players can access the new characters before season pass holders on console can? This is pretty fucked.

Well fucking played landing that free weekend right now. The perfect good news to overlap with the terrible news.

Suck my ass, Ubisoft.

Fury451

Banned
I'll defend this team a lot because I love the game, but this shit is ridiculous. Not only a last minute delay again, but yanking the exclusivity from season pass holders is irritating.

nOoblet16

Interesting suggestion!!

A good player never picks Fuze on hostage

But an even better player picks Fuze on hostage ;)
Being able to Bandit trick Hibana would be a bit too far as she won't be able to bait and counter trick Bandit. Because as it stands eventhough Thermite can be Bandit tricked you can get around it (even without a Thatcher) if you set up gadgets to toggle which allows you to partially place charges and remove them and then immediately place a thermite charge next to you while the Bandit is doing his animation of placing his batteries. The counter point is that Bandit can set it to toggle as well but it's harder for him because the guessing game is on Bandit as he is the one on defensive and taking the risk.

With a Thatcher it becomes even more risky for Bandit as the stakes are higher since if he gets baited into placing his batteries he'll eventually run out of it if there's a Thatcher throwing an emp every time Thermite baits the Bandit. So the Bandit has to really think one extra time whether he wants to commit to placing batteries or not while still playing the guessing game. Which imo puts the odds in Thermite's favour at times.

Auctopus

Might be taken down soon but here's Theme Park footage. (Feels like a mix between Kafe and Border)

Also, proper character art...

image_tom_clancy_s_rainbow_six_siege-36305-2991_0002.jpg

OG Kush

We've had Japanese, Hong Kong and soon Korean operators (all east asian). I wish there was a bit more diversity. How about some African, middle east or south asian countries?

I think Pakistan is a shoe-in for next season. Possibly India and Israel too.

I don't know much about African special forces.

If there is a next year of content. Don't get me wrong, I'd love there to be, but Ubi has been awful at handling Siege's success, so it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug. Again, hoping not. Would love to see Australian CTU.

I read somewhere that Ubi had told in investor's call or somewhere that Rainbow Six Siege won't see a sequel until Ghost Recon does. I am pretty sure they won't pull the plug until Siege 2 is actually announced. This has been a major success for them, after all.

Fury451

Banned
We've had Japanese, Hong Kong and soon Korean operators (all east asian). I wish there was a bit more diversity. How about some African, middle east or south asian countries?

Not sure I follow, they've had a lot of diversity thus far? They're making the world tour with special forces throughout the globe. Don't get me wrong, I want to see India, Middle East, and Africa too, but Ubi as a company and the Siege developers have put more work in than most any other AAA devs to give diverse representation in their games so that's never a concern for me with their products.

I'd expect more to come with Season 3.

Side note: Jackal's name is Ryad Ramírez Al-Hassar so technically he's seemingly Spanish but with Middle Eastern descent.

I think Pakistan is a shoe-in for next season. Possibly India and Israel too.

I don't know much about African special forces.

Pakistan and Israel are two I'm not expecting because of the political climate, but maybe. Technically Ash is from an Israeli background.

I read somewhere that Ubi had told in investor's call or somewhere that Rainbow Six Siege won't see a sequel until Ghost Recon does. I am pretty sure they won't pull the plug until Siege 2 is actually announced. This has been a major success for them, after all.

The devs said they wanted something like 100 operators or something I thought- probably pie in the sky thinking, but they're well on their way to that at this point. The game has a lot of legs due to it's solid mechanics and concepts and since it seems to be an enduring hit Ubi would be stupid not to continue support until they revamp for a sequel.

For a Siege 2 though, obviously everything would be improved (lighting, destruction, etc.), but honestly I wouldn't want to lose the cast we have because pretty much every operator has something really unique and cool that has changed up the meta while keeping the game balanced (well, Blackbeard was a god among men until they nerfed him). It's almost absurd how well tuned the characters are; it's one of the few instances where I'd love to see the same cast, plus all-new cast, in a reformatted and upgraded game engine.

I think the operator countries are based on the largest gaming markets. I wouldn't be surprised, for example, if Siege got more popular in Japan once the Japanese operators hit, and so on.

Also not sure why console players are so mad about not being able to play on test servers. Isn't it fact that patches on console are much shittier to deploy due to Sony/Xbox quality control, so doesn't it make perfect sense they can test it on PC before?

Auctopus

Also not sure why console players are so mad about not being able to play on test servers. Isn't it fact that patches on console are much shittier to deploy due to Sony/Xbox quality control, so doesn't it make perfect sense they can test it on PC before?

They're "mad" because they paid for a Season Pass which gives them 1 week early access to operators but now they actually get it a week after PC players.

I mean, I paid for the Season Pass mainly to just get the Operators 'cause I'm not gonna grind for them but the benefits are becoming more and more worthless.

- If you play the game every day, you don't benefit from the 4th or 5th Daily Challenges.
- The percentage boost on Alpha Packs is a measly 0.30%.
- You no longer get the Operators early 'cause it seems they're going to release on TTS first (which is basically just released for PC).

And I know they're "Test Servers" so they're not technically released but Ubi are not going to patch anything in the week before they release to SP holders.

I'm sure they've mentioned Israel a few times in various fluff backstory pieces in between Operators getting it on.

It would be controversial but Mossad are legendary. Personally I wouldn't mind having some Australian SAS or South African special forces in there. Mostly for the accents lol

Disgraced

I'm sure they've mentioned Israel a few times in various fluff backstory pieces in between Operators getting it on.

It would be controversial but Mossad are legendary. Personally I wouldn't mind having some Australian SAS or South African special forces in there. Mostly for the accents lol
I don't entirely understand the controversy around an Israeli CTU in this game. Are we pretending the FBI, Spetznaz, the SAS, and fucking BOPE have always fought in righteous causes? Fucking BOPE is in this game! These are agencies of bloody murder, dig enough and I'm sure they've all been involved in something nasty. Maybe they haven't made headlines like Israel's military has in recent years, but they've all had their troubles.

The entire point of Rainbow Six is that all these colorful histories are irrelevant next to their ability to eliminate the threat.

Anyway, I too would like to see Australia and Africa and those the most actually because, well, those are two damn continents the game has left out in its adjoining of global forces.

My vote for Year 3 would be something like

Poland - a map is owed, Ubi, and getting GROM up to 4 operators like the OG CTUs would bury the hatchet
Israel - Leaked and then replaced, so bring them in year 3 and also deflect some disappointment for people who were excited about it.
Philippines - I saw 'em on Vice fighting ISIS.
USA - We got special forces out the wazoo.

They are trying to get the "main" ones first imo(both special forces and markets).
My only issue with selection so far is the FBI, just so out of place in comparison.
At least for launch I would have went with Delta Force or Navy Seals.

Israel should have probably been included as well but Ash takes away from that a bit imo.

nOoblet16

They are trying to get the "main" ones first imo(both special forces and markets).
My only issue with selection so far is the FBI, just so weird and out of place in comparison.

Israel should have probably been included as well but Ash takes away from that a bit imo.

Well it isn't just FBI, it's FBI SWAT so it's not that out of place. Especially because they are actually used for hostage and barricade situations.

Well it isn't just FBI, it's FBI SWAT so it's not that out of place. Especially because they are actually used for hostage and barricade situations.

I mean by comparison, design and technically how the game looks at this point.

Siege's FBI are like generic local swat using outdated gear,

SAS & Spetsnaz are two of the most well regarded special forces groups
GIGN & GSG9 while similar have that more militaristic angle to it and were themed "cooler"

It makes sense in context but it is such a meh faction for the game.

My only issue with selection so far is the FBI, just so out of place in comparison.
At least for launch I would have went with Delta Force or Navy Seals.

Delta Force and Navy Seal are part of the army, are they not? While FBI is police? Rainbow Six deals with latter, ie hostage and domestic terrorism scenarios.

nOoblet16

Map looks dark. I like that.

God it's going to be so hard to see and hit Ash/Pulse with their default uniform because of that. Ash you can completely weap her up in black clothing and except for her hair and bits around eyes everything can be pitch black. So many times I died because I had a hard time detecting her (tiny) silhouette.

Top Bottom