• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil VII: End of Zoe and Not a Hero OPEN spoiler thread

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
They went back to the action crap, out of nowhere. Looks fun but...ooof. That's not the final RE7 DLC people wanted.

grumpy

Wait, the free "Not a Hero" DLC was released today? I was under the impression that it got pushed back to 2018.

plushyp

I like how they tied up loose ends. An experienced character like Chris was required to finish off the worst Baker family member.

End of Zoe was really unexpected but playing as Mr. Falcon Punch was cathartic after controlling old man Ethan.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Finished Not a Hero and its a straight up FPS like the later parts of the main game, I mean I can see a Resident Evil game in there but it just doesn't work as a Resident Evil in this view.
And they delayed this? it's like they really struggled to make a connection here and failed.
Seriously if adding a gun in makes it a FPS they should have scrapped the FP idea straight away, it's great VR game but I wanna play Resident Evil and it doesn't help that everybody is trying to do the same uninspired FPhorror shit, it getting annoying and this just kills it, back to Origins I guess if I want real survival horror.
moving on to End of Zoe, hopefully thats better but I've heard it bad.

kunonabi

Finished Not a Hero and its a straight up FPS like the later parts of the main game, I mean I can see a Resident Evil game in there but it just doesn't work as a Resident Evil in this view.
And they delayed this? it's like they really struggled to make a connection here and failed.
Seriously if adding a gun in makes it a FPS they should have scrapped the FP idea straight away, it's great VR game but I wanna play Resident Evil and it doesn't help that everybody is trying to do the same uninspired FPhorror shit, it getting annoying and this just kills it, back to Origins I guess if I want real survival horror.
moving on to End of Zoe, hopefully thats better but I've heard it bad.

If it actually feels like an FPS that is sort of an improvement. The main game felt like a third-person game with a first person forced view on it. The boss fights in particular play like ass because of this.

I really want to start hearing about REmake 2 because I'm done with mainline RE now that it's probably going to be all first person from this point forward.

deathsaber

So, I just watched some lets plays of both last night.

So, regarding "Joe" from End of Zoe - he is just a regular guy, right? Not infected. If so, then LOL on his fighting mechanics, compared to how Ethan needed to deal with enemies. He is one tough Santa Clause.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If it actually feels like an FPS that is sort of an improvement. The main game felt like a third-person game with a first person forced view on it. The boss fights in particular play like ass because of this.

I really want to start hearing about REmake 2 because I'm done with mainline RE now that it's probably going to be all first person from this point forward.
Nah it plays the same, as I said I can see a Resident Evil game under there what would be typically RE and more tense turns into a FPS gunning range the FPS view completely ruins it and it's only saving grace is VR, as for Boss battles yeah.
the final boss battle is ripped straight from a fixed Camera RE and is awkward as fuck to play in FP.
And I agree I want to hear more about REmake 2 the mainline games have gone from RE with action and cheese turn up to max to something unrecognizable.
I said it before and I still believe this project was something else with the RE name slapped onto it due to the feedback they got from the tech demo.
Its transition from whatever it was to RE7 is probably why REmake 2 is M.I.A.

Top Bottom