• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

Rolf NB

I'm all set. Holding out for EDF or Borderlands, whichever whenever. In the meantime I got my No Man's Sky and Divinity and XCom, so all is good.
But do watch me spend hundreds on sales before the year is over

Definitely Mario Odyssey. Maybe City shrouded in shadow. Will wait on South Park. I liked the first but I'm wary of replacing obsidian.

kswiston

Super Mario Odyssey for sure. Probably Fire Emblem Warriors as well.

I want Battlechasers, but will probably buy it down the road.

I'm considering Assassins Creed Origins but I haven't finished the last 3 or so AC games. Otherwise nothing much is grabbing my attention. I am thinking about grabbing Divinity Original Sin 2 but I am a CRPG noob of the highest order - but I keep seeing, hearing and reading how good it is.

SyberWolf

pre-ordered them all.

forza motorsport 7
the evil within 2
south park: the fractured but whole gold edition
assassin's creed: origins gold edition
Wolfenstein II: the new colossus deluxe edition

gadwn

Hidden Agenda. That Will be an amazing evening with some friends.

South Park and evil within 2 (if it's a lot better than the first game) are likely but not until they are diacounted.

Akai__

South Park
Age of Empires
and maybe Dragons Dogma

Skipping Assassins Creed on release date, because Xbox One X.

Giga Man

There are two Mario games this October that I really really want, but I can only buy one (hint: it's Odyssey). It really pains me to have to pass the other one up for now.

Holy crap there are at least five games I want this month... I don't have time for all of them. I guess I'll list them in order of how likely I am to pick them up. I kickstarted a Hat in Time so that's already bought, I guess.
Wolfenstein II
South Park
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors

This is where the list gets a bit more tenuous, but I still want these games.

Assassins Creed Origins
Forza 7
Gran Turismo Sport
The Evil Within II

I'm hoping Hidden Agenda is as good as it sounds. Would really like a good couch co-op game to play with the missus. Other than that, probably either AC: Origins or Wolfenstein 2. Thinking AC: O will definitely be more bang for my buck, and non-BGS Bethesda games tend to drop in price very quickly these days. Definitely waiting for reviews on both though, and realistically I'll still be playing Destiny 2 every day still anyway, if neither pan out.

Aaron D.

Real curious to see how the new Spintires turns out as I absolutely LOVED the first entry.

Outside of that, there's not much else I'm interested in Oct. Not big on AAA gaming anymore, save the odd title here and there. I do have my eye on the new South Park game just 'cause I really enjoyed SoT. But not having Obsidian behind the wheel does worry me a bit and tempers my expectations. Guess we'll see.

Honestly, it feels like September was the Big Holiday Onslaught in my house. I'll be feeling the reverberations for months to come as I dig through Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn, Divinity: Original Sin 2, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, West of Loathing, Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 and more.

I could honestly not buy another game for the rest of the year and be just fine.

Karu

Odyssey
Gran Turismo
Fire Emblem Warriors
Dragons Dogma

Theoretically also SP and AssCreed, but man, I gotta cut somewhere.

GPsych

Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors - no question. I also want AC: Origins, but I know that game will be like $25 by Thanksgiving so probably holding on that one. But then Xenoblade 2 comes out 12/01 so that will push AC back further. Damn, the Switch has an incredible Fall lined up.

Kaydan

Banned
I have Mario Odyssey and AC Origins on pre order at the moment.

I have interest in evil within 2 and South park too... Gonna have to make choices.

Megatron

Mario for sure. Probably battlechasers too. Is that day and date with the switch version?
AC Origins is trickier. With the $10 reward zone, it comes down to $38. While it could be cheaper on BF it wouldn't be by much. But coming out the same day as Odyssey makes me hesitant. Will probably pass and wait for BF or later.
Interested in Suoerstar saga too, but we'll see.

Nosgoroth

Just Mario Odyssey unless some of the indies I’m waiting on get release dates for October. I have enough recent backlog to last me until then anyway.

Top Bottom