• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
Also Lotus remember the points people brought up to you on AP with the whole Pedro thing (it has to be you that recently signed up), people get the intent and everything but Oda pulled stuff like this before a few times hell where hero/heroic like characters didn't have contining stuff/plot and were fodder (hell i'd argue Pell and Bon Clay are worse). Hell this arc so many people were complaining about the cake happening being to anti climatic, out of character and couldn't see it happen, etc and by gooly it did happen.

So even with the spoilers I don't think this changes anyones minds and I rather just end discussions around this since it will be the same back and forth; until either the end of the arc or something.

Jaimini's Box has said that there's no chapter today.

No korean raws either, so unless things change I imagine we will probably have no chapter today unless super late at night.

https://twitter.com/mstreamteam/status/910868725380808704

Yep, friday.

ryan13ts

Any word on why everything is gong to Friday's now?

Also, I feel old as fuck now. I remember when Friday's WAS the standard release day for Jump series, waaaaay back in the onemanga days over 10 years ago. Basically come full circle at this point.

Ray Down

Banned
Wow Friday releases.

That takes me back.

Yeah, I remember some of those days fondly.

Any word on why everything is gong to Friday's now?

Also, I feel old as fuck now. I remember when Friday's WAS the standard release day for Jump series, waaaaay back in the onemanga days over 10 years ago. Basically come full circle at this point.

Jump is cracking down on spoilers and such, leaker that used to give out spoilers left (has been wanting to stop for awhile, raws are harder to get and people owning spoiler sites have been jailed, etc.

Ray Down

Banned
the baking will probably take like, one chapter at most if it doesn't happen mostly off screen

Nah I think with a cake like this and the fact it hasn't started yet at all it will be longer.

Besides Sanji needs a cooking moment/s to put all the other chefs in WSJ to shame, that not even taking into the baking, possible shenanigans while doing so and interruptions.

caliph95

This was a shit joke Caliph, a shit joke!
Entry_is.png

NSESN

When I started reading Naruto it released in portuguese wednesday morning, years after, by the time I started OP, only the english translations were wednesday so I changed to it. Nowadays everything is Thursday and going back to friday releases.

Ogodei

I never understood the need to leak ahead of WSJ anyway. When i was in Japan, it shocked me that the forums i followed (at the time, TVTropes and a site that GAF still won't let me mention) were talking about the new chapters days before i could buy it on newsstands.

Of course, with the crappy quality Jump itself is printed in, actual scans would be nasty looking.

What's your opinion on the arc so far ppl don't give it enough credit imo

Gives me two nolstagic feelings, one of the old ass scooby doo cartoons and secondly of when you reach a boo house in mario games.

honestly its pretty decent, though i was hoping it would be a low stakes adventure, filler if you will, to pad out the story before the next big arc. Going from skypeia straight to water 7 straight to this is a lot.

Gives me two nolstagic feelings, one of the old ass scooby doo cartoons and secondly of when you reach a boo house in mario games.

honestly its pretty decent, though i was hoping it would be a low stakes adventure, filler if you will, to pad out the story before the next big arc. Going from skypeia straight to water 7 straight to this is a lot.
Yea I feel you on that the next arc is relatively short

Anteater

can't wait until one of the yonko make that face

also finished ultimate ninja storm 3, time to play 4

cyberconnect2 should make a one piece game

IHaveIce

Banned
Saw the latest spoiler pics:

Oda is such a dick if Pedro turns out to be alive.
that would be fucking stupid.
Oda has to let go of old habits.
To really emphasize how dangerous the new world and especially the emperors are there should be active deaths.

Ray Down

Banned
Oda really hasen't changed his ways especially after Pudding revelation in 862 after multiple chapters of him painting her being evil and irredeemable hell even Big Mom has gotten a sad past that will probably lead into some sort of redemption when she learns the truth[.

Even with all the claims of Sanji behaviour being problematic and sexist and brought up to Oda he continues with his attitudes.

No one needs to die to show how dangerous a Yonko is when Big Mom feats show enough.

Big Mom when she was what 6, killed a giant and ate people, manhandle the Vinsmokes, casually took on a Gear 4 punch with her wrist, she would have tanked the poison somehow if they did hit her, cut islands with her sword, can cause giant fireballs to ingulf people, tanked an giant thunder blast like nothing and digged though the earth just by walking.

Let's not even get into the commanders since 2 have shown to be huge trouble despite another one should be, but she's a combat women in OP so she gets nothing.

Like I said earlier I get why people can see this as different and I understand trust me I do, but Oda history with stuff like this with heroes just makes my not trust it at all even as much as people say its different and removes emotions (which I would say its debatable at least in both Bon Clay cases), Oda has pulled stuff like this before to racket up the tension and pulled bullshit out his ass to pull them out so even with all this I don't think this would stop him.

Old habits die hard especially for a 40+ year old Japanese smoker and after all the years reading his work, his interviews, reading past discussions and stuff I get a fell for the man and how he writes and I just won't buy it yet.

I mean fuck pedo/stalker Vander Deckan still alive and I thought he was one of the characters Oda did kill off

LotusHD

Banned
Oda really hasen't changed his ways especially after Pudding revelation in 862 after multiple chapters of him painting her being evil and irredeemable hell even Big Mom has gotten a sad past that will probably lead into some sort of redemption when she learns the truth[.

Even with all the claims of Sanji behaviour being problematic and sexist and brought up to Oda he continues with his attitudes.

No one needs to die to show how dangerous a Yonko is when Big Mom feats show enough.

Big Mom when she was what 6, killed a giant and ate people, manhandle the Vinsmokes, casually took on a Gear 4 punch with her wrist, she would have tanked the poison somehow if they did hit her, cut islands with her sword, can cause giant fireballs to ingulf people, tanked an giant thunder blast like nothing and digged though the earth just by walking.

Let's not even get into the commanders since 2 have shown to be huge trouble despite another one should be, but she's a combat women in OP so she gets nothing.

Like I said earlier I get why people can see this as different and I understand trust me I do, but Oda history with stuff like this with heroes just makes my not trust it at all even as much as people say its different and removes emotions (which I would say its debatable at least in both Bon Clay cases), Oda has pulled stuff like this before to racket up the tension and pulled bullshit out his ass to pull them out so even with all this I don't think this would stop him.

Old habits die hard especially for a 40+ year old Japanese smoker and after all the years reading his work, his interviews, reading past discussions and stuff I just won't buy it yet.

As long as people recognize the context leading up to his death and how it differs compared to the past, that's fine by me really. I just dislike it when people are immediately dismissive about it, even if they have good reason to.

Ray Down

Banned
As long as people recognize the context leading up to his death and how it differs compared to the past, that's fine by me really. I just dislike it when people are immediately dismissive about it, even if they have good reason to.

I think most people get the context and understand the problem behind Oda when it comes to the reluctance to killing off his characters, I just think they do it as a joke and rather not get to deep since OP ain't that serious of a series, I mean thats what I do i joke saying he won't kill characters lol I just did on AP, I just don't think it matters too much especially from Oda.

LotusHD

Banned
I think most people get the context and understand the problem behind Oda when it comes to the reluctance to killing off his characters, I just think they do it as a joke and rather not get to deep since OP ain't that serious of a series, I mean thats what I do i joke saying he won't kill characters lol I just did on AP, I just don't think it matters too much especially from Oda.

One Piece is the most serious thing on earth tho Ray

Ray Down

Banned
People were happy Oda made a pretty female villain in Pudding and you could see it on practically every forum thinking he changed some of his ways and atttudes and how after all that stuff people swore up and down Oda wouldn't, and then 862 happens and everything after, fuck I was one of the few people who swore Oda would do something like this cause its just how he works Veelk still has night terrors from the revelation.

One Piece is the most serious thing on earth tho Ray

You can tell Pudding in her safety carpet :p

Lets move on from this since there more to this chapter then this, hopefully there more to the fight then what was already posted

Top Bottom