• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Sounds like drift. That is due to starting the system whilst moving the headset. Press the on button of the headset before picking it whilst it is on a flat surface will result in that never happening. If the problem still persists I have no idea.

I played 6 different games in the same session and none of the others had any drift issues. Most importantly I couldn't reset it which I thought you always can (that and the PS4 menu showed a different view than the game). I didn't want to lose progress in the game that's why I was bothered by it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Pinball FX is the only thing I've tried that uses the camera for tracking and still drifts.

Scubasteve2365

Neo Member
Here is a quick look I did for VR Roundtable on Superhot. I've played it a fair amount on my Rift/Vive and I was very interested in seeing how the Playstation VR version stacked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzoox1yhsFM

Also, developer has indicated that a PS4-Pro patch is coming. It was not available when I gave it a go hence my comments about the resolution.

TL;DW: Is that it stacks up very well and I think PSVR owners are going to love it. Well worth the current PS+ price of $19.99

what, Superhot has no Pro advantages atm..?

i thought you couldn't release a game on PS4 without a Pro version. or am i getting something wrong?

anyways good thing i didn't try it out yet, definitely waiting for a patch if it cleans up the resolution at least.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://uploadvr.com/despite-tracking-troubles-glitches-superhot-vr-one-psvrs-best-games/

Seems like superhot VR for PSVR has a tracking glitch too.
I also encountered a strange glitch that kept spawning me meters behind where the game wanted me to be; in the hub world I had to walk to the back of my living room, re-center the camera, and then walk forwards to get to the intended spot.

Visually the game’s lost some of its smooth minimalism in the PS4 port and enemies don’t burst with the same violent shards as they do on PC, but this remains one of VR’s most stylish games.

But yes, this game is great, i will recommend it

Scubasteve2365

Neo Member

i thought you couldn't release a game on PS4 without a Pro version. or am i getting something wrong?

anyways good thing i didn't try it out yet, definitely waiting for a patch if it cleans up the resolution at least.

Who knows really. Anyway someone on the Superhot team posted on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6odapq/superhot_looks_extremely_jaggy_on_ps4_pro/

We are aware of the problems mentioned in this thread. We will release the patch for them soon. It will apply higher resolution and also fix the problem with spawning outside the hacker room. Cheers.
Sandra, SUPERHOT TEAM

In hindsight she didn't specifically say "PS4-Pro" patch but I have to assume that is what she meant by "apply higher resolution".

Misconception of the slides that were banded around. The only requirement is that the game works on PS4 Pro, not that it has any advantages.

Yeah Superhot VR is amazing. Most unique FPS I've played in years and VR really does immerse you into thinking you're a total badass. Not finished yet, but I can see myself just randomly playing this inbetween other games. It's just brilliant.

I'm really enjoying Superhot. It's harder than I thought it'd be. Took me a while to even finish the tutorial. I've not played my VR much, RiGS near killed me with motion sickness, even Farpoint made me feel a bit wobbly on it.
This is the first game I've had no issues with sickness wise, played a good 2 hours last night and felt fine. So I'm looking forward to getting stuck back in again.
The game is so good, there's no better feeling than duel wielding Uzis with the moves and shooting one red dude while looking the other way. It's a bit more physical than I thought too, I've was near on the floor at one stage to avoid incoming fire.
I'm looking forward to this playing more of this.

MattAces

20106658_1636902706342395_4931000267463613423_n.jpg

20046479_1635630433136289_5363941026758686306_n.jpg

Will definitely try out both of them especially Bravo Team and update here.

MattAces

Sony just patented some VR related stuff.
32e43f63.jpg

Introducing the PSVR chair ??? This sounds like it's used for location based arcade VR
Abstract: A chair for use with a head-mountable display device, the chair comprising a seat portion comprising one or more connection means to allow connection to the head-mountable display device, a base portion, and a rotatable connection between the seat portion and the base portion configured so as to allow an electrical connection to pass between the seat portion and base portion, wherein the electrical connection is operable to transmit at least one of power and digital data. ...
http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20170720ptan20170202358.php

abe4341e.jpg

ca8c8c8a.jpg

Magnetic tracking of glove interface object.
Abstract: A system is provided, including: a peripheral device having a plurality of electromagnets; a glove interface object, the glove interface object having one or more magnetic sensors configured to sense magnetic fields generated by the electromagnets to determine a location of the glove interface object in an interactive environment, the glove interface object further having one or more inertial sensors configured to detect an orientation of the glove interface object. ...
http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20170720ptan20170205880.php

US20170203213A1.jpg

Camera based safety mechanisms for users of head mounted displays.
Abstract: Methods and systems for warning a user of a head mounted display (HMD) during game play of a video game. A game is executed causing interactive scenes of the game to be transmitted for rendering on a display portion of the HMD. Coordinates of the HMD are determined in a three-dimensional space of a real-world environment in which the user wearing the HMD is present, to identify a current position of the user. A movement of the HMD is determined during execution of the game by identifying a change in one or more coordinates of the HMD in the three-dimensional space. When it is determined that the user is approaching a boundary of an interaction space in a real-world environment, a warning signal is conveyed to the HMD to indicate proximity of the user to the boundary of the interaction space. ...

MattAces

Arizona Sunshine 1.02

3.786 GB download
Chaperone system. Gunsights. Two handed weapons campaign can now be played in co op. Horde mode can be played with two handed weapons. Levels unlocked in two hand mode are also unlocked for campaign. Rotation speed setting. Disable 180 flip on certain controls. Grenade belt height setting. Minor fixes and some trophy stuff.

20 minutes download, will report back asap.

Update: Can't comment on if they've improved the jittery with Aim, it still jitters a little like Farpoint. BUT, the added scope is a game changer here, the game feels and plays like Farpoint now. Aiming is fun, playing with Aim is the best way to play. I have zero issue shooting a horde of zombies in the head with that gunsight.

zoukka

Damn Superhot if fun, but the move controllers and tracking issues cause all of my deaths. I can maybe throw an object and hit a target 1/5 of the time. Super Frustrating.

Damn Superhot if fun, but the move controllers and tracking issues cause all of my deaths. I can maybe throw an object and hit a target 1/5 of the time. Super Frustrating.

Depending how much space you have, try moving the camera further away because Superhot works a lot better if the camera can see a good amount of space around you, as you are waving your arms high / low or to the sides a lot and it's easy to move out of camera range, if it's close.

PrinceKee

Is superhot vr the same as superhot on the Xbox one? Thinking about picking this up today. It comes out today, but still says preorder in the store...

cakely

Is it worth getting the SUPERHOT bundle? Or should I just get the VR version? If it's essentially the same game I suppose I don't need both.

MattAces

Superhot VR is the best game ever. My god. It's so tiring playing 50 minutes straight.
Aside from the jaggies, the tracking is so good, a lot of ducking down hiding behind stuff. Hopefully Pro patch will drop soon.
And yes, you need a HUGE space to play. A lot of enemies will approach from your left and right.

Is it worth getting the SUPERHOT bundle? Or should I just get the VR version? If it's essentially the same game I suppose I don't need both.

They are 2 different games, Superhot has bigger levels and controls like a FPS, Superhot VR is a standing still game.

Both are bloody brilliant though. I got the bundle and have been playing them non stop, they have that "just one more go" hook about them and are 2 of the best shooters I've played in ages.

I need to remember to stop playing superhot whilst wearing a sweatshirt. The matrix reference trophy is glitched though, I have the post-it note on the door for it but it hasn't popped on PSN.

dyergram

Glad to see superhot turned out good I loved the original so I'm definitely picking this up. How long is it on special offer for?

Superhot Patch Notes 1.02

- higher resolution on PS4 pro.
- Fixed achievements.
- fixed spawning bug in hacker room.
- Mindwave changed to be less rigoristic.
- fixed AI of red dudes on few levels.

ISee

They are 2 different games, Superhot has bigger levels and controls like a FPS, Superhot VR is a standing still game.

Both are bloody brilliant though. I got the bundle and have been playing them non stop, they have that "just one more go" hook about them and are 2 of the best shooters I've played in ages.

Standing still on paper. I'm moving like a maniac. 😀

gmoran

I played 6 different games in the same session and none of the others had any drift issues. Most importantly I couldn't reset it which I thought you always can (that and the PS4 menu showed a different view than the game). I didn't want to lose progress in the game that's why I was bothered by it.

Power off the headset for a few seconds, then power it back on keeping your head still and pointing in the right direction: 9 times out of 10 this fixes those sort of issues.

MattAces

How is this game overall? Saw it on the store and thought it looked interesting...

It's one of the most feature complete game on PSVR now. Horde mode (1 map for now, future update 2 maps coming), Campaign around 4~6 hours that can be played with both Move or Aim. You can also play online in both horde/campaign. Every campaign map is quite distinct, bringing you to several different places. You do simple stuff like find a key to unlock doors and progress, but with the latest patch, playing with Aim controller is really fun.

Top Bottom