• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Exodus announced (2018, big open levels, PC/XBO/PS4)

SliChillax

What a coincidence! I was just replaying 2033 and Last Light Redux and thinking how much I need a sequel, best game of the show by far!

Hopefully we're playing as Artyom still. The woman at the end kinda looked like Anna though it may just be me hoping it's her.

Also felt Stalker vibes at the end portion of the trailer.

uocooper

Looked absolutely excellent and probably the highlight of Microsoft's show besides Anthem. Am I required to play the other two to understand the story in this one?

I'm probably going to try and pick up Last Light on PS4 just to check out what the franchise is like.

Best wishes.

Be sure to check out Metro Redux which bundles both games. They are each fantastic and absolutely worth playing. Looks like the Playstation store is having some issues at the moment but I think this is the right link- https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/metro-redux/cid=UP2047-CUSA00683_00-MCOMPLREDUXDISC1

Van Bur3n

Best thing I saw at Microsoft's conference. Metro is back and its turning into Stalker. I am okay with this.

Still need to brush the dust off of Last Light and finish it, but Metro 2033 and the Stalker games were phenomenal.

Hopefully we're playing as Artyom still. The woman at the end kinda looked like Anna though it may just be me hoping it's her.

Also felt Stalker vibes at the end portion of the trailer.

I believe you can faintly hear the woman yell Artyom's name.

Shredderi

YES! Fucking 4A! THIS is what I wanted. And it's not open world? This is EXACTLY what I wanted fuck yeah E3 delivered already for me!

Be sure to check out Metro Redux which bundles both games. They are each fantastic and absolutely worth playing. Looks like the Playstation store is having some issues at the moment but I think this is the right link- https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/metro-redux/cid=UP2047-CUSA00683_00-MCOMPLREDUXDISC1

Thanks!

I've often seen the Bundle on sale, so I might just wait it out then instead of just grabbing Last Light if they are both worth it.

Best wishes.

Glorious.

qv86PnU.gif

Nizz

Nice. Hope they improve hit feedback. Only played 2033 (PS4) but some of the enemies were irritatingly spongy. I think the aiming controls/sensitivity were a little funky too, but it's been a while.
You're not wrong about the aiming/sensitivity. I bought the Redux collection day one to support the devs. I loved a lot about the games. The atmosphere, graphics looked great and the framerate was a solid 60fps which I loved. I honestly would replay the games more often but the aiming/sensitivity was so slow, even at max.

It felt like playing say, COD at 1 sensitivity setting. Turning felt really slow. I held out hope for a patch to adjust the controls but it never came. I really hope that the devs somehow read this and that the controls for this new game have a higher range of sensitivity and the movement feels a little lighter. They do this and I'm there day one again for this game on PS4.

Plum

Highlight of MS's conference for me. Trailer wasn't great but both 2033 and Last Light played and looked amazing so I'm still incredibly hyped.

I only played through the other Metro games because they were free on GWG and boy am I glad I did because now I'm excited for this.

Yes! Looks fantastic! Can't wait to play.

I was sorta hoping Anna would be the main character in this next title, though... will have to wait and see.

Elixist

looks way nice (of course this wasnt gameplay) but i bet its close. put me in the be more like stalker camp i never played it so i would like too with this game

It was obviously Metro from the start, but "In a Heartbeat" playing hurt bad. Really want a new, good 28 Days Later film.

As for the footage, hard to say much since I never played my copies of the first two and that this was KZ2 levels of bull. Hopefully the open spaces and using the environment remain intact.

RoKKeR

Such a great trailer and moment at the conference! I knew a new Metro game was in the chamber, but it was completely off my radar for this E3 and for it to show up early and looking great got me hyped.

Welcome back 4A!

thrilled for this game, and now its openworld? holy hell. a true potential stalker descendant, and an excellent 4a game metro game.

best thing out of microsofts conference

I never got around to checking out the first two Metro games, but I'll be checking this one out for sure. Holy shit that looked amazing.

BigDes

Oh wow, I bet they're going to fell pretty dumb if it turns out only Moscow was poisoned.

Could have left at any time.

Top Bottom