• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

PSYGN

As someone that missed out on the PSP, what are some of the best of the PSP games that are now available to download on Vita?

Metal Gear Sold: Portable Ops
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Gran Turismo PSP
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge

Anything else?

For shooters, try Resistance: Retribution, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror & Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow.

This includes

SEGA_Genesis_Collection.jpg

$9.99, 28 games.

Phantasy Star IV portable. Yesssssssss

EU here. I don't think I could download Crazy Taxi Fare Wars and both Capcom Classics titles without transferring from my PS3 (none of them are on the Vita store either.) Just checked my downloads list and there's options to download there.

I don't have any games that didn't work on Vita at all, though. Would appreciate it if someone in EU with Burnout Legends in their downloads list could check so I can buy it. :)

Crisis Core?
It actually has to be on the store in the first place for it to work.

nded

That's rad. Hopefully they put a bunch more PSP games on the store.

Would be super annoying if this all turns out to have been a glitch.

Rolf NB

As someone that missed out on the PSP, what are some of the best of the PSP games that are now available to download on Vita?

Metal Gear Sold: Portable Ops
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Gran Turismo PSP
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge

Anything else?
Half-minute Hero
Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus / Ghost Of Sparta (beware: both available in superior HD remaster format on PS3)
Jeanne D'Arc

Tambini

In the UK the Tetris mini and the games I got from the PSP go promotion (Resistance, Patapon) can finally be downloaded onto vita!

omg tetris on the vita.. sogood.gif

xemumanic

Why......why didn't this all work from when (select) PSP games were first playable?

This could have helped big time in the early days of the Vita. Look how many people in this very thread see value in the system now who didn't before.

Freeman

Banned
Why......why didn't this all work from when (select) PSP games were first playable?

This could have helped big time in the early days of the Vita. Look how many people in this very thread see value in the system now who didn't before.
Because Sony. Even their own games were not available like GT.

androvsky

hmm, wonder how much phantasy star online is, hopefully $20 or less
You mean Phantasy Star Portable 2? Sega pulled it from the PSN store a month before the Vita launched. I was waiting until the Vita came out and could confirm it worked, so I never ended up buying it. :(

dsigns1

I had all 3 crash games in my cart for 99 cents each then decided to pass on them. Shoulda pulled the trigger and I could be playing these on my vita.

Man I swish I bought type tactics digital but getting type delta and rytpes Is great. And Thexder!

Oh man I need to buy the syphon filter PSP games now with dual sticks *drool*

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, it's a good thing none of those Crash games worked during the 1$ sale.

:-( Stupid me.

How many psp games worked on the vita before this "update" came out?
A lot but not all. There at least 10 or so worked but had to be downloaded to your ps3 and then transferred over because for some reason weren't on the store. Ie Jeanne d'arc, Capcom collections, Sega collection, silent hill origins, etc

raphanum

I'm a bit confused. My vita is EU/AU but I was able to install MGS1 and buy Portable Ops for vita ages ago. What's changed?

Top Bottom