• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

lol
rage66.gif

Macattk15

Well guys i'm finally free. I sold both my HoN and LoL accounts for $50 each.

This interests me ....

I own every champ in LoL except Sejuani, Ziggs, and Fiora.

I wonder how much I could get for it if I sold ... now that I have DotA 2 I can't stand going back and playing LoL.

Artanisix

Because they're not getting good trades for it generally (unless you're Na`Vi).

My friends and I used to do this sort of thing all the time in Dota 1. Bait Invoker first pick, get two imba picks that make the Invoker pick not matter.

Update tonight?

I'm assuming that its going to be Bane to dota client and a new hero/features to Test?

Also hopefully some more stable servers for the test client?

Any news, I'm out of the loop this week.

Also, Gondar is awesome. Went 10-0-14 the other day. Had no clue what to build on him though, went cookie cutter Treads + Wand > Vlads > S&Y because I had the cash, but I'm 100% there's a better alternative.

Rinku

Banned
Update tonight?

I'm assuming that its going to be Bane to dota client and a new hero/features to Test?

Also hopefully some more stable servers for the test client?

Any news, I'm out of the loop this week.

Also, Gondar is awesome. Went 10-0-14 the other day. Had no clue what to build on him though, went cookie cutter Treads + Wand > Vlads > S&Y because I had the cash, but I'm 100% there's a better alternative.

Bottle->boots->drum-> phase-> deso or mkb :)

JustinBB7

I haven't played invoker yet, so I was wondering why people don't rush the agh scepter to get the cooldown/no mana thing as quick as possible. His core in suggest items is drums and sheepstick. And Agh Scepter is in situational. Why is it like that and not boots then straight into agh? My main guess is he needs a bigger manapool first to actually get some use out of it.

Sibylus

Banned
First I've seen someone pick up a Veil in a competitive game, albeit it probably wasn't meant too seriously given the state of the game.

Is it me or whenever a team picks up Invoker they mostly end up losing.
I much prefer facing an Invoker over something like a Dark Seer. There's a lot said about how broken the hero is, but he's countered something fierce with items (Arcane Boots, Mekansm, etc), and he has a lot of great hero counters as well (Pugna, Silencer, a Slardar or Bounty Hunter if you want to gank and seal a kill on him).

At some point I want to try running Jakiro as a soft counter of sorts to Dark Seer, I'm curious as to how quickly a Macropyre will generally wipe out the illusions. If it's effective enough to give the team time to move out of the wall and take the fight outside it, it could very well be a worthwhile pickup.

Bottle->boots->drum-> phase-> deso or mkb :)

Sounds cool.

I'm about 80ish hours into the beta now. I've gotten much better at last hitting, and now am not nearly as intimidated by the huge list of items as I was day1-10.

So bootles for runes since I should be ganking early?, boots obv, drum, phase for the attack power and added mobility and then obviously a emphasis on getting them crits up high.

Sounds fun.

Artanisix

Stream back up.

And Invoker really needs his last level of invoke for Agha to be super-effective. This is why you generally see Invokers time their Aghanim Scepter for exactly when they hit 16 or 17.

Ok, suddenly all competetive teams are picking tiny now and going aghanim + mom.

Singsing new meta genius.

Dude was also picking Shadow Shaman way before everyone else too.

Its hilarious when Sing plays Tiny in pubs. Get a double damage rune and he can 3 shot barracks. You can hear him laughing and shit every time he is doing it.

JustinBB7

Gonna be a good game, right now it's scheduled for 6pm CET on the site. But Tobi said it might/most likely will change.

He just said it might even be tomorrow... kinda unprofessional really lol. Big final and it can be any day.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah Synd is the best co-caster with Tobi by far.

Not really. Wagamama works out much better as does Maelk. When Synderen is on they waste too much time on jokes that aren't funny to begin with.

They're all better than Slesh. Slesh has the detail and the analysis but he always sounds grumpy and you can tell he gets even grumpier every time Tobi makes a mistake.

So I'm downloading the beta now. My main question is, how is the matchmaking? Am I going to be able to play some games against some other dota noobs? or will I get stomped on like I did in the original dota whilst just starting?

JustinBB7

Great job joindota is doing for Dota 2. I hope Valve gives them a lot more shoutouts and gets Tobi again for the next international. Tobi + Synd for the English cast would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom