• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Roo

So now we have the nunchuks and these shield arms for the next update.
Sounds good so far 👌🏻

derFeef

Warming up to Kid Cobra! Still can't win online and Grand Prix Rank 2 is the highest I can achieve still. But the games is a lot of fun otherwise - I choose it over Splatoon 2 for quick action on the Switch now.

Codiox

i haven't played in a while but did play a bit today... its so fun. I played it with the pro controller as Spring Man and it was fun. If you all ever run a tourney then I'm in even if I get my butt kicked. =p

There are almost every week online tourneys on reddit / Discord. I participated in 2 already. So much fun!

derFeef

Being a producer doesn't mean you have to be good at the game. They're in charge of financial decisions.
it's a little bit more than that. Even then its just a job description that sometimes just an overall description. He probably knows the game inside out.

bumpkin

I haven't touched this game since Splatoon 2 dropped. I really should dust it off, Party Mode is way too much fun!

Here's hoping to some kind of Direct or update announcement or whatever soon. Really curious to see the new fighter with 'chucks.

Roldan

So, how's ARMS online holding up? I'm having the time of my life with Splatoon 2, but I don't want to get burned playing only that 24/7.

JavyOO7

So, how's ARMS online holding up? I'm having the time of my life with Splatoon 2, but I don't want to get burned playing only that 24/7.

In party mode there was always 8-10 people. In ranked I was getting a match in less than a minute. Had a great time with ARMS this weekend. And finally decided to do ranked again and went from 4th to 7th.

I have to say I'm getting a bit more confident as Spring Man using the the birdie arm/hydra/seekie. Just wanna get better using his deflect and the dash through after shielding a punch.

I only play party mode and there is always tons of people playing whenever I go on

I'm starting to win most of my matches in party mode but no idea how I would do in ranked since I haven't even unlocked it yet after 70 hours of game time lol

Roo

I only play party mode and there is always tons of people playing whenever I go on

I'm starting to win most of my matches in party mode but no idea how I would do in ranked since I haven't even unlocked it yet after 70 hours of game time lol
You just need to do Grand Prix with a single character in level 4 difficulty to unlock ranked.
The difficulty itself is pretty easy for all the characters you play against. Hedlok might be the only one with some challenge involved but you can easily circumvent that if you simply spam punches with the slapamander.

Thanks to their big hitbox and the huge knockback damage you won't have any problems defeating it. You pretty much have to be alert of possible grabs and rush attacks.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finally got back into this game, Level 4 is kicking my butt as Kid Cobra.

Struggled with Ninjara but thought perhaps it was just due to the trickiness of the beyblades on Cobra's stage, now Ribbon Girl is repeatedly kicking my butt.

Like I do good one round but then the next one I lose all momentum. I guess I'm still getting used to Cobra's dodges and such.

H6N9HyH.gif

S2ln1WV.gif

cqsjrkn.gif

tm2eYNi.gif

Qnq3xR3.gif

uGU4BSr.gif

hTsIMVQ.gif

Griss

As someone who got a Switch just two weeks ago I'm delighted that they're doing another testpunch. This is the kind of game I couldn't buy without trying, and I didn't think I'd get a chance to.

Good decision, Nintendo.

What was the first testpunch like? Two characters, one stage? Online modes? What should we expect?

LotusHD

Banned
As someone who got a Switch just two weeks ago I'm delighted that they're doing another testpunch. This is the kind of game I couldn't buy without trying, and I didn't think I'd get a chance to.

Good decision, Nintendo.

What was the first testpunch like? Two characters, one stage? Online modes? What should we expect?

If it's like the first, then you'll get at least half of the current roster, and you can play Party Mode (Which consists of 1v1, 2v2, 1v1v1, Hoops, Volleyball, Skillshot, etc., they may not all be available since it's a Testpunch), but not Ranked.

Luigi87

Watching the Lola Pop gameplay being streamed right now... I really gotta make some time and get back to playing this game @_@

Pokemaniac

It's on the EU store now but I can't download it. Says Purchased, from the previous test punch, but the option is greyed out.

I guess it'll be available to download soon.

It should be available now. You might have to go to the redownload software menu in the eShop (click on your profile icon in the top right corner and it should be one of the tabs on the left side of the screen.

Dingens

Oh nice they are holding a new Testpunch this weekend. Should give a slight playerbase boost?

I wonder if this may become a more frequent occurrence...
like have a demo weekend every other month to give new players the opportunity to experience the game for themselves and give owners of the game the chance for a more lively field of opponents.
(I wouldn't mind having the same for Splatoon2 too btw...)

although this news seems to get quite overlooked, haven't seen any buzz or mention like anywhere so far... and it's already starting from tomorow

TheMoon

I wonder if this may become a more frequent occurrence...
like have a demo weekend every other month to give new players the opportunity to experience the game for themselves and give owners of the game the chance for a more lively field of opponents.
(I wouldn't mind having the same for Splatoon2 too btw...)

although this news seems to get quite overlooked, haven't seen any buzz or mention like anywhere so far... and it's already starting from tomorow

they did this with Splatoon 1 already. one or maybe even two post-launch testfires to let people jump in.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
I picked up a Switch yesterday along with the game for my Birthday, and it's fun so far. I really dig the local multiplayer aspect with the Switch, and this game's been fun with friends. Are there any tips that I use? I've been playing Kid Cobra and wondered what are the best ways to use his dash ability and which arms are his best.

I picked up a Switch yesterday along with the game for my Birthday, and it's fun so far. I really dig the local multiplayer aspect with the Switch, and this game's been fun with friends. Are there any tips that I use? I've been playing Kid Cobra and wondered what are the best ways to use his dash ability and which arms are his best.

I'm not too well versed in Cobra, but I know a few tricks:

•Cobra has a maximum ARM Girth stat. This means that any ARMS he has equipped will be much larger than normal by default.

•Cobra does very well with fast ARMS like the Popper and Bubb.

•Cobra's Slither Dash causes him to stoop down low enough to duck some punches and throws if timed well.

•Remember: despite his focus on the Slither Dash, Cobra also has one of the fastest jumps in the game. Take advantage of it!

derFeef

I'm not too well versed in Cobra, but I know a few tricks:

•Cobra has a maximum ARM Girth stat. This means that any ARMS he has equipped will be much larger than normal by default.

•Cobra does very well with fast ARMS like the Popper and Bubb.

•Cobra's Slither Dash causes him to stoop down low enough to duck some punches and throws if timed well.

•Remember: despite his focus on the Slither Dash, Cobra also has one of the fastest jumps in the game. Take advantage of it!

Thanks, I am using Cobra as well as my main :) Did not know about the first point!

Thanks, I am using Cobra as well as my main :) Did not know about the first point!

No problem!

While it's not a major mechanic, it is notable that ARM Girth is indeed a stat that varies with each fighter. Currently, Cobra and Mummy share the maximum Girth. Min Min's fully charged Dragon arm also has maximum Girth. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe Buffed Max Brass does as well.

If anyone has any questions about the game, testpunch, or anything at all, feel free to ask me anything. I would say I have the ability to answer most, if not all, questions relating to the game since I'm relatively known within the community and have over 400 hours of experience with ARMS.

R0ckman

Is there any ARM type that easily counters spamming side doge? Seems too good, on top of that it seems people are easily able to whiff both arm punches and go right back to side doging.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Is there any ARM type that easily counters spamming side doge? Seems too good, on top of that it seems people are easily able to whiff both arm punches and go right back to side doging.

Slapamanders? I catch people a lot from the side with them.

Regiruler

They need to buff Guardian's guard damage. I know double guardian shouldn't be idea but a master mummy shouldn't be practically invincible.

The weapon simply loses to anybody who guards against it. It's so slow that it should just rip the shield right off, but instead it's just a normal tap...

R0ckman

I believe slams should be even faster IIRC.

Need to test these what are slams? Is there a character who has these in their default set?

Edit: nevermind have them.

I'd like to know their reasoning on allowing friendly fire AND tethering in 2 on 2, just feels a mess, and feels 25% luck you dont get screwed in the chaos

Top Bottom