• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC 2 |OT| Let's all play touch butt

My ground game needs a lot of work. Anyone have the timing down to where you can consistently block transitions? I'd love to dominate online matches with ground and pound :( Also, punch speed needs to be toned down a bit. I like using Corey "beasting 25/8" Anderson but when facing Jon Jones, my only chance of survival is to slow the fight down with dirty boxing. Spamming punch combined with his speed makes matches very difficult.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Due to the thread title... Obligatory...

592358342_Nz7fC-2100x20000.jpg

That Conan segment was hilarious as well.

Stiler

Man, so Jon Jones is still as cheese as he was in the last game? Freaking every single time I fight vs him it's flash knockdown/flash ko every other hit. So freaking stupid I just stopped playing in that weight class.

Can ANYONE stop people from getting out of the mount? I swear I'm doing it right, hold R2, flick the stick in tihe direction their body goes toward and it NEVER works.

It's like the mount is hands down the "easiest" position to escape from now, same goes when I'm the one on the bot, it's super easy to escape from.

LOL. That's awesome. Having lots of fun with this game. 16-9 in ranked. I had a crazy title fight match where I was Condit and he was Thompson. We both got rocked, subs, everything...best match i've had. I had a kimura locked up at the end but time ran out. I ended up losing a split decision.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I don't know why but I'm having fun just watching the computer fight itself in dream match ups. Right now, I'm watching spider vs rampage, lol.

Maligna

Banned
When creating a fighter, is there any reason NOT to give them a move in all slots that are empty, NOT make all their moves level 5 or NOT max out all their stats?

Eanan

Is the career mode satisfying, or just a subpar mode tacked on? I'm really hungry for a NBA2k'esque style of career mode.

Nothing special. No cutscenes or any thing like that. Lots of menu navigating for training etc. Just fight, do training drills to increase stats, buy new moves, win to move up rankings to fight for belt, fight again etc.

Gets very repetitive.

Still haven't done ultimate team yet. I'll mess with it sometime this weekend. I'll be on later playing. If anyone wants to play some matches, send me an invite.

ron_bato

I like the game overall, still have not gone around to actually trying to learn the ground game and clinch work yet.

My still biggest complaint is how I feel like I'm stuck in the mud sometimes when striking, I'm at the mercy of animations, and the 30 fps cap. It's resulting in a not as fluid as I would like experience.

I also wish you could bob and weave while moving and not just use head movement while you're stationary.

But yeah, game looks really good, and I'm having a lot of fun still despite my complaints. My favorite division to play around with is probably featherweight and women's straw weight.

I'm digging the game for sure. I only play ranked championships because ultimate team has got me to spend real money way too many times and I'm done going down that road.

Played some guy on my friends list, I don't think he's a gaffter...but he uses a creatte a fighter with 1488 tattooed on the side of his head.After the match I asked him if he was racist and he said no that he just wanted to make a "racist russian fighter" and that "he thought hed look scary lol".......smh.

Dazzyman

Just bought this and played career for 3hrs. Its much better than last ea effort but not as good as undisputed 3. Career is a bit bare bones. I'd give it a 7/10

Holy shit, me and dreamfall had some amazing matches. We're so evenly matched. Even though I went like 1-4, every match was competitive. Love matches like this. Helps me get better. Great playing with you. We'll have to do more tomorrow.

dreamfall

Holy shit, me and dreamfall had some amazing matches. We're so evenly matched. Even though I went like 1-4, every match was competitive. Love matches like this. Helps me get better. Great playing with you. We'll have to do more tomorrow.

Shout out to you, juke- holy shit, those matches were absolutely insane. I feel like I learned more about the game in those 4 bouts than ever before, and it was the most fun I've had in the title. We have to play more, great great fights!

Stiler

What is the window for stuffing transitions? It seems absurdly small.

Get someone down, mount them, see their hand go to the left or right and hold r2 and push the stick over within 1-2 seconds and it never works.

DrZeus

I remember hearing patches really helped the last game. I'm intrigued. Did they vary the movesets for the different disciplines? I remember people saying everyone felt the same way.

Lucifon

Any word on the Deluxe Edition UT packs? Still nothing... Last I heard it was rumoured today.

What is the window for stuffing transitions? It seems absurdly small.

Get someone down, mount them, see their hand go to the left or right and hold r2 and push the stick over within 1-2 seconds and it never works.

I feel the same. It's far too small. Considering when on the ground all you can use is animation tells, you have to basically know it as second nature to block 99% of them because the window is so small. I think that actually damages the ground game massively because it turns into a mess of transitions rather than any kind of defensive play.

ron_bato

I remember hearing patches really helped the last game. I'm intrigued. Did they vary the movesets for the different disciplines? I remember people saying everyone felt the same way.

The previous game did get a whole lot better as it was patched. Continuously. The devs go to different forums to look at feedback and be as transparent as possible.

In this game, the AI seems a lot better this game. Different people fight differently, but it's not perfect. For example, Nate Diaz threw a lot more kicks than what he norgmally does.

And they did a much better job this time around of not making the AI just go balls to the wall all the time.

Yaari

Any word on the Deluxe Edition UT packs? Still nothing... Last I heard it was rumoured today.

I feel the same. It's far too small. Considering when on the ground all you can use is animation tells, you have to basically know it as second nature to block 99% of them because the window is so small. I think that actually damages the ground game massively because it turns into a mess of transitions rather than any kind of defensive play.

Can you check your "Inbox" section in Ultimate Team? Most people already received them.

The issue with the denial windows is that it is easy to make the window too big, and that's no good either. You have to recognize the animation which takes time, but you can deny transitions on sight quite well eventually. Just focus on the basic positions first.

Eventually you will need the grapple advantage to help you if your opponent can deny too easily, but really, I wasn't good at them at first either, as times goes by you'll get better at it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Can I use multiple gamefaces for create a fighter? I want to create a couple of my friends for my Ultimate Team.

Also, is Pro difficulty required to unlock Tyson and the legends in career like the previous game?

I'm finally starting to block people's transitions now. Ground game is clicking for me. Still need some practice in the clinch.

Lucifon

Got my deluxe packs :)

A tool tip in-game mentioned watching adverts to gain UT coins, once a day. Is this an upcoming feature? I don't see it anywhere in the game whatsoever.

Afrikan

Done playing light heavyweight. Too much Jon Jones.

one thing I don't like about the game...and it might have been similar in the first one, but is allowed to happen much more often now is

when you are dominating someone and they get one regular hit on you, they can KO you or knock you down to KO you by punching your arm.

Of course this is done to make it "exciting" for casual games, but it can get annoying.

and it happens WAY TOO OFTEN against Jon Jones.

other things I hate that I expect them to fix. Fighters being nurfed with losing basic strikes like Rampage not having a power right punch... but more so elbow strike, when pushing forward L1 triangle.

and again, those stupid punches to the arm that KO you... fucking annoying.

otherwise, I'm having fun.... I expect these issues to be easily fixed/patched.

Stiler

After playing a bit more a few things:

1. Fighters are WAY too prone to "falling" or getting knocked over I can't count the number of times I go to kick or something and just fall on my ass.

2. Do scissor kicks EVER land and why are they so damn slow? Seriously, every single one I've thrown, even if it looks like it should it simply goes into the animation like it got "hung" up on something and does no dmg at all.

3. What's the deal with getting knocked down and being unable to block??? This is happening more often now, I get knocked down, button prompts come up to transition an dthings but my fighter holds their hands out like they just got ko'd, I can't block at all but I can move to transition. However since I can't block I usually end up getting hit over and over until ko'd, it's absurd.

Lastly, Do kicks mean nothing in this game outside the overly flashy ones?

Playing Mirko ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boLELsTnilU ) and I literally landed over FIFTY left foot head kicks without even flash knocking down a guy.

dreamfall

I'm finally starting to block people's transitions now. Ground game is clicking for me. Still need some practice in the clinch.

Ooooooeeeee! Another night of insanely good fights. Kudos to your submission game, holy shit! Every fight was something so technical, so back and forth. I definitely lost most of them, but they were absolutely thrilling.

It's so dope to have someone to compete with that I actually feel like I'm learning how to defend, instead of getting blitzed or knocking someone out. DECISION VICTORIES. That's wild!

ron_bato

Ooooooeeeee! Another night of insanely good fights. Kudos to your submission game, holy shit! Every fight was something so technical, so back and forth. I definitely lost most of them, but they were absolutely thrilling.

It's so dope to have someone to compete with that I actually feel like I'm learning how to defend, instead of getting blitzed or knocking someone out. DECISION VICTORIES. That's wild!

Yoooooooooooooo, I have not had the time to play at a consistent basis yet, but I'd love to get some matches in in the next few days!

Top Bottom