• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

The best part of last night was shadow789 going 1-17 on Boardwalk BTB and blaming the game for shots that he completely missed. Oh, and you completely destroying his argument that "chief killed all the flood in the universe, they're not coming back in halo 4"

On a semi-related note, you guys have read the books, right? I've never read one, and am considering purchasing them. Is there any particular order I should read them in?

Wow, glad I missed that one...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wow, glad I missed that one...

I'm still not sure if listening to him was incredibly awesome, or painfully annoying, lol. As for his opinions, they weren't all bad (like AA's/bloom should die in a fire), but that one about the flood and story...you just can't come back from stupid stuff like that. I mean, at a certain point, he pretty much said that even though he was proven wrong multiple times by multiple people, he was still right no matter what.

1.55.43 is the new SSX benchmark :p - but now I retire from the demo, I know this will be beaten and I just cant dedicate the time to it anymore lol.

Woah this thread is hilarious, you guys played with 789shadow last night lol?

Trey

The best part of last night was shadow789 going 1-17 on Boardwalk BTB and blaming the game for shots that he completely missed. Oh, and you completely destroying his argument that "chief killed all the flood in the universe, they're not coming back in halo 4"

On a semi-related note, you guys have read the books, right? I've never read one, and am considering purchasing them. Is there any particular order I should read them in?

Must (as in essential lore to the canon), in order:

Fall of Reach
Cryptum
First Strike
Contact Harvest
Ghost of Onyx
Glasslands

Best overall reads (in my opinion, in order):

Fall of Reach
Cryptum
Ghost of Onyx
First Strike
Evolutions

Chronological order:

Cryptum
Primordium
Contact Harvest
Cole Protocol
Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghost of Onyx
Glasslands
Evolutions*

*Evolutions takes place all throughout the canon; it's a collection of short stories.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Woah this thread is hilarious, you guys played with 789shadow last night lol?

Haha I didn't necessarily want to play with him. I got on to play team doubles with Franklinator, and shadow789 sent me an invite. It worked out in the end though, got to play with Havok and Stalker.

Haha I didn't necessarily want to play with him. I got on to play team doubles with Franklinator, and shadow789 sent me an invite. It worked out in the end though, got to play with Havok and Stalker.

I was temped to go play Halo 3 with him, I would have if I didn't have work to do lol. From the sounds of it I dodged a bullet. :p

Can HaloGaf distract Elzar with Halo Reach for a bit, get him off SSX please.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was temped to go play Halo 3 with him, I would have if I didn't have work to do lol. From the sounds of it I dodged a bullet. :p

Can HaloGaf distract Elzar with Halo Reach for a bit, get him off SSX please.

Elzar come play Reach with us! Remember all the good times you had on Reach?
Dammit, who am I kidding, just have fun on SSX

Which reminds me, I still have yet to go after a high score/time. Who's in the lead atm?

Bobs' you prick, that is an insanely fast time!

Yeah I would suggest just forgetting about it, dont worry about it, go play Reach.

For the love of god dont you dare go faster.

Elzar come play Reach with us! Remember all the good times you had on Reach?
Dammit, who am I kidding, just have fun on SSX

Which reminds me, I still have yet to go after a high score/time. Who's in the lead atm?

1.55.43 is the current race benchmark. I think for tricking wwmonkey has like 28 million lol.

No, that's what surprised me about him. He said he'd only been a on GAF for 2 weeks but he was a member already.

I think he was on Gaf for a while, someone mentioned that he posts a lot in the advance wars thread. (I think.) He has a lucrative Gaf career, but like many, Reach was his downfall.

Sometimes. But then people get mad and then it gets so good. I mean it's a lot more fun having close matches, but that hardly happens in Reach... For me anyway.

I love receiving angry messages on live...

High five. Someone who doesn't have tracing paper thin skin. Bet you don't mind 1-50 too!

Falagard

Hey Frankie, what exactly does Che do at 343i?

His twitter says he's Studio Producer - so from my experience at game development company, that means he orders pizza when people work overtime. Does that sound about right?

Ramirez

Anyone want to play some Halo: Reach?

PM/Reply/XBL message HiredN00bs

Ackbar_HS.jpg

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hey Frankie, what exactly does Che do at 343i?

His twitter says he's Studio Producer - so from my experience at game development company, that means he orders pizza when people work overtime. Does that sound about right?

What a jerk! He's never ordered me pizza.

zap

High five. Someone who doesn't have tracing paper thin skin. Bet you don't mind 1-50 too!

The rage is amazing. One time we matched against this one guy three separate times and he was trash talking from the start. We had two pretty terrible team mates, but managed to carry them and beat him in a close match. The whole game he was raging at us through proximity chat. In the post game lobby we couldn't help ourselves and just laughed at him, which made matters worse (for him). In subsequent games we kept beating him, the messages were amazing. I wish I could have recorded them :/

I like 1-50, definitely. Although I think Bungie's idea with Arena could have been great, stopping all the second accounts and boosters. If either your arena rank showed up in all playlists next to your name with the percentage in it like this:
4PyXm.png

OR more playlists had arena ranks and were more visible.

Sadly, what we got was an almost non existant ranking system that no one cared about.

I absolutely love the Anniversary and TU gametypes. Kudos to 343 for that. My only issue right now is that I have no clue what I'm voting for, and I've only been gone from the game for two months.

Nah. He registered his GAF account at that day but it didn't mean that he is activated since it.

Whoa, I never thought about that before. Makes me hate the prequels even more.
Yeah. I never thought about it, too. But Gary Whitta mentioned it in the Tested Podcast two weeks back.

Must (as in essential lore to the canon), in order:

Fall of Reach
Cryptum
First Strike
Contact Harvest
Ghost of Onyx
Glasslands

Best overall reads (in my opinion, in order):

Fall of Reach
Cryptum
Ghost of Onyx
First Strike
Evolutions

Chronological order:

Cryptum
Primordium
Contact Harvest
Cole Protocol
Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghost of Onyx
Glasslands
Evolutions*

*Evolutions takes place all throughout the canon; it's a collection of short stories.
You don't count Primordium to the essential lore? It must definitely be added to the first list. Or can you argument why not? Because 3/5 of the book is boring? But the last few chapters are mindblowin'.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really wanna get down on some customs tonight. I've had a long, shitty week, and I wanna dong. I'm not a big fan of mini games, but care free slayer or CTF sounds good to me.

I'll be on in three or four hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom