• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model pics leaked

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
That's too ugly to be real. :/

What is the top made of? A rubber mat? I don't understand. Maybe it's a PS-branded scale. OMG It's Sony's balance board + PS3 all in one!

I hope there is an feature/slot to add a HDD in the 16GB model. *fingers crossed*

It'd be weird to go out of their way to disallow hard drive upgrades. They'd have to create a case specific to the non-hard drive version and it would ultimately hurt their ability to upsell to PS+ and other digital sales. I think the ability to upgrade hard drives is all but certain.

That's too ugly to be real. :/

What is the top made of? A rubber mat? I don't understand. Maybe it's a PS-branded scale. OMG It's Sony's balance board + PS3 all in one!

That had me laughing out loud. So loud my girlfriend had to see what was so funny.

spwolf

"Mass market" entry level unit.

yep... seems like around $150 unit... which is great.
But, i would think that $150 unit would bring them a lot more sales than last year and their estimates are exactly the same... unless they tried to one-up the competition with estimates.

$150/€150 is seriously good pricing, anywhere in the world.

onQ123

That looks like arguably one of the ugliest mainstream consoles ever in history.

it really isn't

Original_Xbox.jpeg

atari_26001.jpg

Original-Nintendo-64.jpg

gcn06.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
yep... seems like around $150 unit... which is great.
But, i would think that $150 unit would bring them a lot more sales than last year and their estimates are exactly the same... unless they tried to one-up the competition with estimates.

$150/€150 is seriously good pricing, anywhere in the world.

There is such a thing as adjusting forecasts.

xJavonta

Banned
Gross

The PS3 Slim is sexy though, I don't know how they thought this could possibly be a good design.

Or maybe they purposely leaked it to see the community reaction? I don't know.

Cesar

Banned
So ok, I can understand someone designs this monstrosity, barely, but that it also got greenlit by a bunch of Sony people? Really? What were they thinking?

MarkusRJR

After looking at the pictures I can't help but be disgusted. Not only is it hideous but the weird ridges are going to be a nightmare for dust. They're not even on the sides, they're right up top! *remembers dusty OG Xbox*

Ummm... to the poster above: the Gamecube looks fucking awesome. Clearly the person who posted it hasn't seen a silver or black GC.

onQ123

No way man

Also, all of those consoles look better than the new PS3 model (except maybe the Atari)

N64 is a lot uglier than that slim you was just a kid & didn't care about the look & grown to love it. but if the new Nintendo looked like that gaf would have a meltdown.

PandaL

It'd be weird to go out of their way to disallow hard drive upgrades. They'd have to create a case specific to the non-hard drive version and it would ultimately hurt their ability to upsell to PS+ and other digital sales. I think the ability to upgrade hard drives is all but certain.

It will be identical to the other "PS3 Uglies" but the HDD slot will be empty on the 16GB model.

Thanks !!

apana

The Nintendo 64 may look strange now but it was alright for its time, don't remember too many complaints. You are just wrong about the Gamecube. OG Xbox, eh, I'll give that one to you until I see this new PS3 slim up close.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
N64 is not ugly in fact its the second best looking console ever right behind PS1
I don't know if they'll go that low. But it is worth pointing out that Yoshida said in the recent Game Informer that they're aiming for the family market with their holiday lineup. What better way to do that than to have a really cheap PS3 available?
$179 or $189 is my guess $149 is to low IMO

onQ123

So what consoles aren't ugly?

PS3 Phat , Xbox 360S , PSTwo , Wii is OK , Dreamcast & some more,

the point is if you was to just look at the consoles that you have had over the years & just judge them on the looks most of them are ugly & would look strange to you right now if it was your 1st time seeing them just like this slim is ugly to use now.

Iacobellis

PS3 Phat , Xbox 360S , PSTwo , Wii is OK , Dreamcast & some more,

the point is if you was to just look at the consoles that you have had over the years & just judge them on the looks most of them are ugly & would look strange to you right now if it was your 1st time seeing them just like this slim is ugly to use now.

What about the original 360? I thought it was pretty damn sexy for 2005 and a big leap from the monster of an Xbox.

Amir0x

Banned
it really isn't

Original_Xbox.jpeg

atari_26001.jpg

Original-Nintendo-64.jpg

gcn06.jpg

All of those save the Atari perhaps look better than this abomination, if it is indeed what the new PS3 model looks like.

Listen, I don't care - it's just a model revision - but those consoles demonstrate at least a few appealing aspect. Gamecube doesn't belong on that list altogether; get a Black Gamecube and it's a very straightforward cube design that has an elegant little handle that still is a nice little quirk.

Xbox I'd definitely take over this one - it's a massive block of unsubtle branding, but at least it has branding. It was distinctive.

N64 system was pretty ugly, sure, but this model still remains uglier.

Sid

A 16gb ps3 would ultimately be bad for the consumers since so many ps3 titles require large mandatory installs

spwolf

Touched the images up. Comparison between other models:

VBKp5.jpg

front looks good at least..

p.s. did anyone notice and comment on 190w rating? I think Slim was 250w, at least initial models? If there is actual difference, it might mean some significant hardware revisions.

No way man

Also, all of those consoles look better than the new PS3 model (except maybe the Atari)

VCS is the best looking of them all. GameCube is fine, too. Xbox and N64 are ugly.

What about the original 360? I thought it was pretty damn sexy for 2005 and a big leap from the monster of an Xbox.

I didn't like it initially, but now I think it was perhaps the best looking machine of this generation. The new model isn't bad either, some limited editions are gorgeous. Wii is also fine, but no PS3 so far has been a looker.

onQ123

& lets not forget all the Grill Jokes when they 1st showed the PS3.

I bet when the console come out no one is going to be thinking about the look.

Top Bottom