• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Theorry

Holy shit, is anyone else's PS4 game unstable as hell right now?

I can't get into any QP game right now or arcade. I'm not even attempting it with Comp.

I can't even get into the practice range right now without a big wait time.

Then when I do, it's laggy and buggy as hell. The practice range.

Yeah same on Xbox.

Gorillaz

I gave up arcade after 5 mins. It was like this for people on PTR too at launch. I had errors on ps4 just trying to get into training lol

Whoever mentioned the controls for doom's alt and primary messing them up mentally had a point. I had to put primary on L2 and alt on R2. Works better.I know if I had a hard time trying to mentally remember right fist is binded to left trigger in training then I can't imagine it in comp lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
First time i met someone who couldn't join team voice because he got banned lol.... i mean it sucks for the whole team but i guess he deserved it.

He can't even type anything in chat, this really sucks for the whole team.

I'm glad you all are beta testing the new patch right now so it will be good for later. I'm not jealous that I can't play because I'm at work. Not at all.

Is there a good comparison somewhere of McCree's old and new flashbang? Didnt really see any good results on youtube. The change seemed negligible in a vid I did find

Ramirez

They really pushed that McCree buff through

absolute trash

If I understand it correctly, does it just keep people from sliding/morphing to crazy positions after they were flashed? Similar to how Roadhogs hook changed to always centering people? Great change if so, that was random nonsense, how could anyone be mad at that?

Yea, fuck this Cappa, gonna play Fortnite until this is sorted, lol.

Cappa

Banned
If I understand it correctly, does it just keep people from sliding/morphing to crazy positions after they were flashed? Similar to how Roadhogs hook changed to always centering people? Great change if so, that was random nonsense, how could anyone be mad at that?

Yea, fuck this Cappa, gonna play Fortnite until this is sorted, lol.
Lol don't blame you ill stick to rocket league

_Legacy_

Still downloading the update but loving the new respawn change, should really favour the attacking team if they can stay on the objective long enough on 2 CP maps. I used to hate the tricklers and someone like a Mei just freeze herself long enough for the rest to come back, it should be easier to cap now.

It's only 300 in instant damage right? That's not too bad to stop with Lucio's ult even if you mess up the timing a little bit.

Well yeah but it's not like the team won't be shooting into the grav as well. Sometimes I will use sound barrier and my whole team still dies through it, I imagine it will be more common with the meteor strike combo.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Doomfist isn't in Competitive yet?

No real reason to hype about today then. You could play Doomfist in Elimination and Quick Play on the PTR for the last 2 weeks.

No real reason to hype about today then. You could play Doomfist in Elimination and Quick Play on the PTR for the last 2 weeks.

For PC players yea, first time for console folks. Plus, the amount of PC players who actually try out PTR is pretty low

Gorillaz

if it's another week until he's in comp then yea I don't fully give a shit

dude was announced a decade ago tired of the roll out

I-hate-u

Well yeah but it's not like the team won't be shooting into the grav as well. Sometimes I will use sound barrier and my whole team still dies through it, I imagine it will be more common with the meteor strike combo.

There's no way to shoot him out of the air right? Imagine having him hooked out of it or something, that would be cool.

Plesiades

It seems that Lúcioball will be back. RIP Doomfist Volleyball dream.
v0fakaE.png

I wonder if this means that we'll also have the same game modes for Halloween, Christmas and whatnot.

We still have a cool new balance patch and some new features y'all can chill.

You can always six-stack in quick play with the GAF folks here anyways.

Blues1990

It's pretty obvious that the dev team are not going to revert Roadhog's changes. But as far as for more reasonable buffs they can give the character, what would you suggest?

Veelk

Banned
Still downloading the update but loving the new respawn change, should really favour the attacking team if they can stay on the objective long enough on 2 CP maps. I used to hate the tricklers and someone like a Mei just freeze herself long enough for the rest to come back, it should be easier to cap now.

I'm conflicted on it. On one hand, I get why people don't like stallers. But on the other hand, that's literally the point of the game objective. I always considered it to be something you naturally have to watch out for. If Mei is coming up, you Lucio boop her or Hog hook (when it was still worth a damn), or whatever. It just seemed like another part of the game to me and I don't really understand why people feel that the point should be given over to the attackers for winning a team fight when the defenders can stall to try and pull a miracle out of their ass. In most cases, it doesn't happen, but it can be really epic when it does.

HiiiLife

I can see the upset on PC but I'm glad they kept him out of comp on Xbox. After they put lunar colony the day of the update, i wasn't holding my breath.

DR2K

Banned
Not understanding being against one shot kills nerfing Roadhog, but adding Doomfist. This is the biggest contradiction between something the balance team has said and done I've seen for any game ever.

Nimby

Banned
Not understanding being against one shot kills nerfing Roadhog, but adding Doomfist. This is the biggest contradiction between something the balance team has said and done I've seen for any game ever.
Their reasoning behind it is tanks shouldn't one-shot. Damage dealers are fine. But Rein can one-shot with a charge, and Hog was basically a DPS/tank hybrid. You can't make a character designed to deal damage into a tank by just changing a few things.

Reinhardt one shots squishies when he charges them. Widow one shots squishies with a headshot. Your point being?

Roadhog has a toxic character design. The ability to self heal while one shotting people when he hooks. Blizzard is attempting to brainstorm ideas to make him so-called balanced. I argue that his changes were a bit rough.

I'm still holding out hope for a swimsuit event.

Rein in a speedo ��
Roadhog in a bikini. :-O

Reinhardt one shots squishies when he charges them. Widow one shots squishies with a headshot. Your point being?

Roadhog has a toxic character design. The ability to self heal while one shotting people when he hooks. Blizzard is attempting to brainstorm ideas to make him so-called balanced. I argue that his changes were a bit rough.
I'd gladly lose the self-heal, personally. There are so many ways to 1-shot someone in this game (or wipe an entire team with one ability) - the Blizzard excuse was always clearly bullshit.

Blues1990

I'm still holding out hope for a swimsuit event.

Rein in a speedo 😍

If they are going to create swimsuit skins for the heroes, I honestly think it would be cool if the developers give the heroes different swimwear from different decades, such as Winston wearing a 1920's-era swimsuit with a straw hat and Mercy wearing a 1990's one piece lifeguard swimsuit.

And it's mandatory that Junkrat get's water-wings for his swimsuit skin.

I'd gladly lose the self-heal, personally. There are so many ways to 1-shot someone in this game (or wipe an entire team with one ability) - the Blizzard excuse was always clearly bullshit.
I kind of liked the direction they took Roadhog. Previous Roadhog was able to create space, 20 meter hook with his one shot combo, and his sort of high burst damage was a bit much for his character. Plus his self heal.

I'm hoping we see some slight buffs to him. 0% chance Blizzard reverts him back to his previous state.

He was already balanced, pick rates and win rates and high level and pro play illustrate that.

Now, whether the hook combo on Roadhog is good game design or not, that is a different discussion.

I kind of liked the direction they took Roadhog. Previous Roadhog was able to create space, 20 meter hook with his one shot combo, and his sort of high burst damage was a bit much for his character. Plus his self heal.

I'm hoping we see some slight buffs to him. 0% chance Blizzard reverts him back to his previous state.
Well yeah, if you hate him you might be happy that they deleted him from play. He will stay that way until they either retool him completely or revert the nerfs.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure how much I like less duplicates. A lot of the time I would prefer the gold for a dup over a new thing that I'll never use.

We'll see how it all evens out over time.

DR2K

Banned

Widow takes accuracy and Reindharts requires he move down his shield. They said they were against easy one shot kills, then they add a character who can do it every 5 seconds like it's nothing, as it's a primary part of his kit.

Just the quickest 180 ever.

Top Bottom