• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Facism

I bought a ps4 today in anticipation. I'm mostly going in blind too so i hope it's not shit lol. My PC is almost ancient-tier so i decided to go safe and get the console version.

I bought a ps1 for Resident Evil 1 and 2, a Dreamcast for Code Veronica, a PS2 for DMC and a Gamecube for Remake and RE4.

Shinji has literally been the driving factor in my console purchases over the generations lol.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm going in almost completely blind to this game. I hope Mikami does not disappoint me and brings back ze horror

Facism

I'm going in almost completely blind to this game. I hope Mikami does not disappoint me and brings back ze horror

yeh it's the first time i've done this in years. Usually i love to soak up the information like a tampon.

Great OP, subbed!
Have been on a media blackout since the first gameplay footage was shown. Now I have it pre-ordered and it's the first game this year that really has me interested.
Hopefully I'm able to be a part of the party. Unfortunately university has been keeping me very busy lately.

Xpliskin

Is this about the character from RE4 that helps you defend the shed?

comment_xyM5ex3JvlYPKE02tVnfG2Kq99Yvl0JD.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Any word on game's length?

Bethesda says 15-20 hours the first time. We know to play the first 5 chapters (of 15-16 chapters) according to the Game Informer guy who played the first five chapters, said it took him 4-5 hours to get through those chapters. I know from the demo area I played the first time you play the mansion section should take probably 25-40 minutes.

Coen

I just pre-ordered the PS4 edition on amazon.fr for 42 euro. It's 50 euro but there's a 8 euro discount for the first 5000 pre-orders. Couldn't pass on that opportunity. Here's hoping it'll be the surprise of the year.

Been on media blackout since TGS, I fucking can't wait. Already waiting for Alien: Isolation to reach here and hold me off my thirst for horror games till this hits!

Bethesda says 15-20 hours the first time. We know to play the first 5 chapters (of 15-16 chapters) according to the Game Informer guy who played the first five chapters, said it took him 4-5 hours to get through those chapters. I know from the demo area I played the first time you play the mansion section should take probably 25-40 minutes.

Nice, that's more than I expected.

3bdelilah

Banned
Am I the only one who always mistakes The Evil Within for The Devil's Third and vice versa? Weird, because they're technically not even the same genres. Any how, I'll be following this one as well. Never was a huge fan of horror, but I like it every now and then.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So 12-15 hours it is then.

Probably. On the flip side RE4 is one of the few games that's truly 15-20 hours the first time, and we do know the game has been in development for four years, so guess we'll see.

It doesn't matter much for me as I know me and I always take longer than the expected time as I explore things and take my time through things.

Ooccoo

I like to read all the various notes and I like to find all the hidden stuff so my first playthrough will probably end up around 20 hours. Then there's NG+ so it will keep me busy for a while.

DVCY201

Whew, definitely one of my most anticipated games this year. Too bad all of my exams are this month, going to be only able to play a little bit.

teraMEL0S

The new trailer makes this game look amazing. Also, just wanted to throw my two cents into the name differences with the Japanese version: How can anyone think Psycho Break is a cooler name than The Evil Within? TEW is an awesome title; very cinema-esque.

Ooccoo

The new trailer makes this game look amazing. Also, just wanted to throw my two cents into the name differences with the Japanese version: How can anyone think Psycho Break is a cooler name than The Evil Within? TEW is an awesome title; very cinema-esque.

Maybe Psycho Break sounds better in Japanese

Fantastic OP. I am so ready for this. Actually I'm not, considering I don't have any of the consoles to run it on thanks to money problems a while back. This sucks. I think I did get hired somewhere though, finally, so... in time. Just wish I could play the game along with the rest of you. =\

Fantastic OP. I am so ready for this. Actually I'm not, considering I don't have any of the consoles to run it on thanks to money problems a while back. This sucks. I think I did get hired somewhere though, finally, so... in time. Just wish I could play the game along with the rest of you. =\

Not even PS3 or Xbox 360 in the meantime? :(

guess you can watch a stream of people play. just pay me $60 and get the same xperience.

Top Bottom