• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of ( Hearts DS , World: RM2 PSP ) first screens, first video: post #267

duckroll

jarrod said:
So... are they going to pokéSKU it? Maybe that's how they'll hit 400k, the usual 200k Tales DS buyers will need to get each flavor? :lol

I don't think the usual 200k Tales DS buyers will want to touch the CG version though. They'll probably be all on a single cart, wasting the advantage that the 2gbit rom provides anyway. Oh Namco... :lol

duckroll

Watch Impress has MUCH better screens: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080707/tol.htm

tol21.jpg
tol22.jpg

tol24.jpg

tol17.jpg

tol18.jpg

tol19.jpg

tol20.jpg

tol25.jpg

tol26.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rpgmonkey said:
Heh, they removed the PS3 section.

It was there a few minutes ago. Either it was a harmless mistake, or something about the series got revealed too early (again...).

Oh, Namco...

Worst kept secret.

NeonZ

Why don't people see that realistic 3d models dressed in anime clothes look ridiculous? : /

I've always wished FF just dumped its realistic faces and went with a cartoony look but, now, it seems Tales is starting to use those stupid 3d models too...

Desi

NeonZ said:
Why don't people see that realistic 3d models dressed in anime clothes look ridiculous? : /

I've always wished FF just dumped its realistic faces and went with a cartoony look but, now, it seems Tales is starting to use those stupid 3d models too...
A lot of people dislike the 3D models for this Tales of game. I personally like the look of main guy more in 3D but the girl is a eyesore both ways. I can't say I dislike the FF way of anime 3D, Fran is amazing. Oh and you are just a hater.

RpgN

More info on TOW2 for the psp:

-The story will continue where TOW1 ended and you will start playing with Yuri as well. 31 new characters have been added. Makes the total of 50 characters from Tales of games. All of them can be used for battle expect for one. 45 characters will be fully playable in battle according to the producer.

-Character customization has been greatly improved. Now you can even change patterns with a character's hair, eyes and mouth for instance. And the amount of voice pattern has been doubled.

-(I'm not sure about the last one) There is a function being prepared to upload and DL characters and items on the site free of charge. The characters that are self-made mind you.

On Tales of Hearts...

The story revolves around goblins called Zeromu eating people's dreams? They first enter this world by eating people's hearts?

Don't take the last one seriously, because I'm really not sure about it.

Desi

NeonZ said:
Where did that come from?

Anyway, I wasn't criticizing any of the games themselves, just saying I dislike this 3d art style.
i've been watching way to much boondocks. Can't get the BET episode out of my head.

Shirokun

RpgN said:

On Tales of Hearts...

The story revolves around goblins called Zeromu eating people's dreams? They first enter this world by eating people's hearts?

Don't take the last one seriously, because I'm really not sure about it.

Zeromus!? Final Fantasy/ Tales cross over confirmed!:D

Id.

GoldandBlue said:
Oh God, those battle screens for ToH look awesome. God I hope NP exclusive is revealed as this.
Or maybe it's finally the localization announcement of Tales of Innocence...
:(

duckroll

The Tales of Hearts story sounds fairytale-ish enough to be a Team Destiny game I guess:

The sleeping beauty within the rose forest dreams for a thousand years.
Her flowing hair is emerald, and her blushing cheeks are like crystal roses.
The sleeping beauty within the rose forest is a sad princess imprisoned to never wake.
Cursed by the poisoned memories spun by the warlock with crimson hair.
Within the thorns of the rose forest she will dream and dream and dream.
The world vanishes as she dreams...

In a world there there are two moons, one black and one white, there are many rumors and myths that tarvel around the land. Tales like the Sleeping beauty in the rose forest, demons that eat your dreams, the black moon that keeps falling, etc.

In recent years demons known as Zerom have come into existance that feeds off the dreams of humans. By doing so they rot away the human soul (heart) known as "Spiria" and cause them to fall into a Dispell illness. To fight against these Zerom beings, there is a maze created by the power of human hearts known as the Spell Maze. Within this maze the mystical weapons known as Soma that are imbued with Spelling Powers can be found.

Paznos

ToH looks pretty cool just hope it gets released here, RM2 hmmm wish it was a traditional tales game didn't like the first one that much.

Rpgmonkey

Battlescreens are very nice, really liking the 2D aspect (and yay, no TP!) but I was kinda hoping to see more of the "combination" aspect.

I want a trailer now. :/

Shouta

Well, looks like I'm buying a DS. Not sure if this'll even come close to Destiny Remake in awesomeness but hey, at least it's Team Destiny!

Datschge

The edgy UI/font style in the battle screens makes me wonder if ToH will go for a more sci-fi theme instead the usual Tales medieval one. Would explain why CG was even considered to begin with.

RpgN

duckroll said:
The Tales of Hearts story sounds fairytale-ish enough to be a Team Destiny game I guess:

The sleeping beauty within the rose forest is a sad princess imprisoned to never wake.

In a world there there are two moons, one black and one white, there are many rumors and myths that tarvel around the land. Tales like the Sleeping beauty in the rose forest, demons that eat your dreams, the black moon that keeps falling, etc.

In recent years demons known as Zerom have come into existance that feeds off the dreams of humans. By doing so they rot away the human soul (heart) known as "Spiria" and cause them to fall into a Dispell illness. To fight against these Zerom beings, there is a maze created by the power of human hearts known as the Spell Maze. Within this maze the mystical weapons known as Soma that are imbued with Spelling Powers can be found.

That does sound nice. Is it okay if I ask a question? Doesn't 魔物 mean goblin? Can it also mean demon? I got some of the info here: It wasn't really detailed like yours oh great duckroll-sama :D

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/091/91138/

duckroll said:

WTF with this story? Either way, day one. :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shouta said:
Oh man, the plot sounds like they recently watched Macross 7 or something, sans the singing. :lol
The singing will be a surprise cutscene, don't worry. ;)

duckroll

RpgN said:
That does sound nice. Is it okay if I ask a question? Doesn't 魔物 mean goblin? Can it also mean demon? I got some of the info here: It wasn't really detailed like yours oh great duckroll-sama :D

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/091/91138/

Mamono basically means monster. It can be translated as monster, demon, etc. It does not specify a particular type of monster or being in actual mythology or lore.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
tol17.jpg

Looks like the main character of Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Has a dueling glove and everything!

RpgN

duckroll said:
Mamono basically means monster. It can be translated as monster, demon, etc. It does not specify a particular type of monster or being in actual mythology or lore.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll keep that in mind. I think it's an original story. At least they did more their best than just making 2 worlds in trouble etc like past TO games.

Ps.
And you don't like being praised by a girl? :X

Desi

Why is the ToH screens getting so much praise? The 2D doesn't look all that hot. Looks very rough and blocky around the edges. Am I just misunderstanding the hardware?

If you don't think those ToH screens are hot you likely never played any Team Destiny game.
I played Destiny and Eternia (destiny II in US right?) I'm not a Tales fan but the battle scenes look years behind graphically. Since I can only see graphics from picture. Oh and if you don't know, I am talking about battle scenes not the map with the pre-rendered backgrounds.

Laguna

Banned
Tales of Hearts looks promising especially with Team Destiny. Realy I´m looking forward. Let´s hope there´ll be a localization.

duckroll

You know, we don't ACTUALLY know if ToH is Team Destiny. It's likely because of the tone of the story, DEEN's involvement, 2D on 3D, 2D battles, and the battle engine name. But there isn't any real confirmation. I really hope it's not a bait and switch.

Shouta

duckroll said:
You know, we don't ACTUALLY know if ToH is Team Destiny. It's likely because of the tone of the story, DEEN's involvement, 2D on 3D, 2D battles, and the battle engine name. But there isn't any real confirmation. I really hope it's not a bait and switch.

Watch it be the bait and switch.

Firestorm

2D instead of 3D on DS? Probably Team Destiny? Aerial Linear bla bla bla battle system? I want this more than Innocence. Mainline Tales on Wii upsets me though. At least see how Vesperia does Namco =( It's so beautiful...

Yeah it's a Tales game alright.

SantaC

So there will be a mainline Tales games on Wii because ToS:KoR moved units?

Does anyone have any sales number from ToS:KoR?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
SantaC said:
So there will be a mainline Tales games on Wii because ToS:KoR moved units?

Does anyone have any sales number from ToS:KoR?

Err..it was released a week ago. I really really doubt they decided in a week to make a mainline Tales game for Wii.

Expected, but I was hoping we'd see a port of ToDr to PSP before they abandoned ship. The 2 sets of video thing is really dumb, it'll basically kill all skit VA potential for the game. Also, LOL at Namco trolling the PS3 again. It's like some secret Jp developer club ritual these days...

Laguna

Banned
duckroll said:

Ok, thanks. It´s still a shame that ToH most likely will be an Japan exclusive game because it really looks interesting.

FSLink

Banned
I played Destiny and Eternia (destiny II in US right?) I'm not a Tales fan but the battle scenes look years behind graphically. Since I can only see graphics from picture. Oh and if you don't know, I am talking about battle scenes not the map with the pre-rendered backgrounds.
The more recent Tales Destiny games had insane battle systems (Rebirth was really unique, and Destiny remake's was crazy fast), so that's why I think most people see some promise in the new screens.

Top Bottom