• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Cool, thanks.

Off-topic: Why did you move to Spain? Sounds pretty rad. I decided that when my wife and I are debt free (should be by next April), I'm going to hire a Spanish tutor and catch back up on my Spanish. I'd love to finally get fluent.

My wife is originally from here and I've loved Madrid since first coming here for a visit to see her family 10 years ago. Definitely been a great move for us and it's ticked off one of my life goals to live abroad somewhere.

Montresor

Man GWG is just not for me it seems.

I think in the last two years, the only game I've actually downloaded that I want to play / will play is Dragon Age 1.

Every game is either something I don't care about (i.e. Runbow) or some awesome game that I already bought day one (i.e. Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, or Firewatch).

dLMN8R

I played through Firewatch on Xbox One after previously playing it on PC. Sure the performance isn't the best but for the type of game it is, it didn't affect my enjoyment at all.

I hope that rumor is true. I almost bought Forza Hor2 on sale but I wasn't sure it would go BC because Xb1 already has a version. Condemned is also awesome.

Gestault

I really hope Condemned happens. I have my disk somewhere, but the mild convenience of having it digitally would be a perk.

Seeing Horizon 2 from 360 would be fascinating, because comparisons with the XB1 version would be effortless.

watdaeff4

Man GWG is just not for me it seems.

I think in the last two years, the only game I've actually downloaded that I want to play / will play is Dragon Age 1.

Every game is either something I don't care about (i.e. Runbow) or some awesome game that I already bought day one (i.e. Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, or Firewatch).

So this year since I get a total of 8 "free" games per month between GwG and PS+, I've decided to make an effort into spending at least an hour with most of them. If it clicks, I keep playing; if not, then drop.

You should try at least some of the games you don't think you have an interest in, it may surprise you

Chris1

Just clicked the link

Pretty sure that's fake, it doesn't have the price on it which GwG pictures always do

It's also missing "plays on xbox one" under the 360 games

The cases on those pictures are also unique and don't have the company logos (SEGA on condemned), for example look at last months: https://majornelson.com/2017/06/27/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-july-2017/ - both the collection image and the separate images below it for K&L and LPOTCB - the studio logos are missing from the collection images, despite being on the cases

Also "July 16-Aug15" vs "August 16 - September 15", this "leak" has a space on either side of the - and has the months in full, same with the other gaames aswell having months in full

99% sure this is fake, way too many differences from the real thing

Edit: As someone pointed out on Reddit aswell, one has a ESRB rating, the other has PEGI. This is definitely fake.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Fuchsdh

Will be a good month if true, I really enjoy the Horizon series, just trying to finish the 1st one when that was released on GWG.

If you don't get 99 from dividing 80289 by 811 or 26763 when dividing by 3, then yes, it's broken

Yeah, don't know what I was doing wrong, but now the math checks using the same calculator. Sorry

kpzero

Neo Member
The second list seems more probable than the clearly questionable first image. Dark Souls 2 was recently featured in Humble and lately that has sometimes led to appearances in places like GWG.

I love Dark Souls II, and Scholar of the First Sin is one of my most fav games on the Xbox One in general - a fantastic game packed with sooo much Souls goodness.

But obviously I already have it so I would be disappointed in that sense. :p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Don't own any of the games in second rumor list, and getting Dark Souls II Remastered would complete my collection of having all 3 Dark Souls games for free digitally on XB1.

I only had Condemned in the first and confirmed fake list, so it works out even better with the second one.

I'd take that second rumour over the first one. Can't be dealing with another Assassin's Creed game and I've already got Fire watch on the PS4, as good as it is I can't ever see myself playing through it again.

If the Gigantic/Dark Souls 2 one is accurate, everyone try Gigantic. It's ace.

I'll even download DS2 and play it for an hour and remember, yet again, that I don't like Dark Souls and I should stop trying.

That's a Gigantic Starter Bundle in the leak isn't it?

That would be cool. But they take it away if Gold lapses? Does their licensing system allow that behind the scenes? To unravel quasi-purchases?

I didn't realise if so.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Interesting that Forza Horizon 2 is listed as a 360 game. You'd have to play the 360 version instead of the superior XONE version?

But yeah, it would be an awesome month just because of having Firewatch and Condemned.

jesu

Interesting that Forza Horizon 2 is listed as a 360 game. You'd have to play the 360 version instead of the superior XONE version?

But yeah, it would be an awesome month just because of having Firewatch and Condemned.

I've alrady got the Xone version, now I want the 360 version.
They are very different games.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I've alrady got the Xone version, now I want the 360 version.
They are very different games.

I know they're different, but afaik the 360 version isn't better in any way. Well maybe you can treat standard AI instead of (aggressive) drivatars as an advantage, but that's it.

So other than being able to unlock new achievements (assuming they're separate) I see no point in playing it (FH1 from Games with Gold was a different case, I enjoyed replaying it on my XONE).

I hope the dark souls 2 rumor is true. I couldn't get into 1 when it became bc because of it looking and playing too outdated, but I'll try 2 if it's the Xbox one version.

peppers

I've been trying to get into Gigantic for some time but never got around to it, this will certainly push me. The same goes for finishing Dark Souls 2, so having that digitally is quite convenient. No idea about the 360 games but I'll give them a try like I always do. Not too bad if true!

Warablo

Eh, I liked Dark Souls 2 but hated a lot of the design changes. Like soul memory, adaptability stat, and despawning enemies.

Top Bottom