• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasFool

All the endings ?

Yes, all the main endings, plus a few of the silly ones.

Just wrapped up route B in Nier. I spent a lot of time making sure to complete all the side-quests I accidentally screwed myself out of the first time around, so it probably took me way longer than it should have. It was neat but I kinda feel like I didn't get enough out of it to
justify an entire new playthrough. At least the parts when 2B and 9S weren't together were neat, though. Based on the vague things I've seen people say as well as that preview at the end, it sounds like route C is going to change things up much more significantly, so I'm looking forward to that.

At some point during those first two runs I really started regretting dropping the original Nier, though. I still think it wasn't a very good game but Automata is so good that it makes it almost retroactively worth enduring the mediocre gameplay. I considered putting my route B playthrough on hold and going back to it but I ended up watching a recap today instead. I had already watched one but this one was more in depth and less confusing. I'll definitely give it another shot if they ever end up remastering it but at least now I can focus on Automata without worrying I'll miss out on anything major.

Anyway, probably won't start route C until tomorrow. Hell, I should probably go back and finish Styx 2 before going any further. Can't believe I got distracted from it so much, I was looking forward to it way more than Automata lol.

Original NieR is going to be incredibly hard to go back to, considering how well this one controls and feels. There is a lot of tedium in how it moves, the slow ass block puzzles, having to do most of the same battles again and again, etc. It's all intentional for a first time run through, but if you've looked at a summary, I don't suggest going back to it.

As for Automata, even though Route B is mostly a retread, it feels different enough that it's not a hassle to play through. As for C onward, hold on to your butts.

Toukiden 2 runs flawlessly on my computer. Goes to show that not all games run equally on different PCs.
NieR:Automata, considered a good port, runs like crap on my system.
Toukiden 2, considered an awful/bad port runs like a dream.

Reviews seem positive though. Looks like the best port from KT thus far.

FLD

Original NieR is going to be incredibly hard to go back to, considering how well this one controls and feels. There is a lot of tedium in how it moves, the slow ass block puzzles, having to do most of the same battles again and again, etc. It's all intentional for a first time run through, but if you've looked at a summary, I don't suggest going back to it.

As for Automata, even though Route B is mostly a retread, it feels different enough that it's not a hassle to play through. As for C onward, hold on to your butts.

Well, the big difference is that if they ever do remaster it and I try it again, at least this time I'll know what to expect. The first time around, I went in mostly blind based only on people's crazy high praise. None of them mentioned that the gameplay is kinda mediocre, so it turned me off of the game before I could get to the really interesting stuff. But yeah, having a competent studio like Platinum handle the development makes a hell of a difference in terms of gameplay quality.

Tizoc

Toukiden 2 runs flawlessly on my computer. Goes to show that not all games run equally on different PCs.
NieR:Automata, considered a good port, runs like crap on my system.
Toukiden 2, considered an awful/bad port runs like a dream.
When was toukiden 2 on pcmsaid to be a bad port? I hadnt heard anything bad about it

Corpekata

Banned
When was toukiden 2 on pcmsaid to be a bad port? I hadnt heard anything bad about it

Resolution capped, has no kbam controls. Supposed to have some issues on AMD cards or CPUs IIRC.

With borderless gaming, the cutscenes at 30 fps is the only problem I'm seeing. I normally don't mind 30 fps, but going from 60 to 30 and back is really noticable.

They aren't even 30 FPS, or at least not normal 30 FPS. They have a lot of judder to them that makes them frequently look like they are running around 20.

Been playing three games this week. Deadly Premonition, Hotline Miami, and Subnautica. All pretty great games. I'm currently quite addicted to Subnautica, and also somewhat terrified by it , too.

Teggy

Automata soundtrack is ok, but it really highlights how impressive the Nier soundtrack was. Especially when they occasionally pull some of the old tracks into Automata.

Knurek

GTA V's Yoga murders Steam Controller for some reason.
Had to switch to Wii U ProCon just to be able to finish the bloody thing. :\

Vuze

Resolution capped, has no kbam controls. Supposed to have some issues on AMD cards or CPUs IIRC.

They aren't even 30 FPS, or at least not normal 30 FPS. They have a lot of judder to them that makes them frequently look like they are running around 20.
No way... dont tell me they locked it to 1080p again... it's 60 fps though, right?
E: Apparently it is locked to 1080p. butwhy.gif

Village

Depends on the game, because racing games depending on the day is my favorite genre of game. I literally start up old gta's and 5 just to race in them, I wish I had 5 on pc so i could race on line.

Some of em are ass though

Buy the boring one then.
My boy kazuya is never boring

tumblr_m90hllRMzM1qcw656o1_500.gif

AHA-Lambda

Is it possible to miss out on any of the endings in Nier 2? Or is it easy enough to go back and get any I may miss?

March was nuts for releases but looking forward to April, doesn't really seem to clam down. Just more money to spend!

Yooka Laylee
Full Throttle Remastered
Shovel Knight DLC

That's top of my head for me anyway, far more sedate than March!!
Still got Nonary Games and Dark Souls 3 DLC too this month D:

So is NightCry worth playing for 12 bucks?

Ugh, I've been waiting forever for that to go less than 50% off >_<

Vibranium

Banned
Witcher 3 done, love it and the combat. I got the only real ending that connects to Ciri's personality in books, as she is a traveller by nature. Basically I played everything as close to Sapkowski's vision as I could, though book Geralt is more emotional due to no game constraints. I have to do Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine now.

My personal headcanon is that the game franchise being non canon (according to Word of God) could mean that they are actually events taking place in an alternate world through time and space that book Ciri hasn't ever visited. It actually works out really well so I'll just choose to believe that.

Pixieking

Banned
any vouchers for GMG going around? because they have Toukiden 2 23% off

edit: hmm checked my email and theres 5% codes but for specific games. Bummer.

If you're still wanting a voucher, you could enter this silly little poll

https://www.greenmangaming.com/pt/clash-of-the-titles/best-celebrity-appearance/

5% voucher (that should be able to be used on mostly anything) after a few hours. I did round one, and got my voucher after about 4 hours, which I then used on NieR. :)

derFeef

When you give away a cool game and the winner does not care...

Aaanyhow. My computer is getting lot's of bluescreens all of a sudden, I might just upgrade/sidegride to Ryzen now...

Ugh.

FFXV PS4 is 14€ on EU PSN if you are interested.

So that's actually not a price error?

I wonder if Asia will get the same deal later. I've sold my copy earlier this month and I'd be willing to rebuy at that price. We do have a similar offer right now though, a 12-month PSPlus and FFXV for Rp 570k ($43). PSPlus is normally Rp 350k ($26) so it's quite a deal, tbh.

zkylon

zkylewd
not super into route b so far

not that many new cutscenes and 9s is less fun to play than 2b so going through all the million sidequests i didn't finish on route a this way kinda sucks. i want to see a2 and shit, not just play the same stuff again :/

i'm still playing it non stop so the world does have me hooked and i'm intrigued of what's in store next. route a ending left so much in the air i want to know more

Tizoc

you know what's super lame in all videogames

racing missions

i really hate that robot
Dont ever play jak 2 then :p
Croc 2 had a racing missiom early on which you can beat easily just by taking shortcuts
Ratchet '16's races are easily beaten long as you use shortcuts

I have a soft spot for crash 3's motorbike stage but the 2nd motorbike stage is arse :v

Tizoc

A good CPU is much more important than a good GPU for CEMU.

You can and most good Wii U exclusives already run perfectly or near perfectly at full speed and even at 4k and higher resolutions :)
I must know
Can i finally experience the greatness that is devil's third at a proper framerate?
I might go cop a us fopy of zelda bow in prepration for cemu running it properly this summer

Uh-oh, just finished desert area in Nier, and first boss kicked my ass on normal difficulty =/ I still don't understand how to evade attacks properly, sometimes doubletapping movement keys works, sometimes not. Shooting and aiming is complicated on keyboard too, hold shift+Q button to lock on enemies and trying to move at the same time doesn't help in intense battles. Not sure if this is input lag or just me. I'll try to reconfigure default control scheme later, but now i just lowered difficulty to easy and just buttonmashing through battles. I think i also missed tutorial messages about combos so i have no idea what i'm doing but combat looks great ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Also, i highly dislike that 9S guy. Don't know why but i always want to send him to farthest corner of the map and don't see him outside battles and cutscenes. I wish there was simple commands like "go there" or "don't stay so damn close". But outside 9S and problems with controls, game is definitely something special. I just hope there is no achievements for difficulty levels.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Zanzura, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zanzura, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Project CARS -- MB-302CDEC70A718F64 - Taken by Tall4Life. 31 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-0B9FE33C333CD222 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 4 entrants total.
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-BA9803FFCB4FE9FE - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 4 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-0DD5E500DFED3747 - Taken by BlakeofT. 3 entrants total.
JumpJet Rex -- MB-DF493CC92E97F12D - Taken by Dangerblade. 3 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-E6F3C191FF49F0B7
Stardew Valley -- MB-E32BAF7AFEBF93B3 - Taken by Javier23. 26 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-C42E911ED2792396 - Taken by Megauap. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-67E5572786006255 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-DAAECD6985AFBC15
XCOM 2 -- MB-3AD5BA6678BA6A8E - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 38 entrants total.

t1490213884z1.png

I see a lot complaints about Nier cutscenes, but they run fine for me, never noticed any stutter or slowdown. This game is so intense, i'm forgetting to look at FPS counter, which indicates that performance is fine on my rig. In the mean time, my eyes burns after every Dishonored 2 playthrough...

FLD

Uh-oh, just finished desert area in Nier, and first boss kicked my ass on normal difficulty =/ I still don't understand how to evade attacks properly, sometimes doubletapping movement keys works, sometimes not. Shooting and aiming is complicated on keyboard too, hold shift+Q button to lock on enemies and trying to move at the same time doesn't help in intense battles. Not sure if this is input lag or just me. I'll try to reconfigure default control scheme later, but now i just lowered difficulty to easy and just buttonmashing through battles. I think i also missed tutorial messages about combos so i have no idea what i'm doing but combat looks great ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

You're probably gonna want to play this one with a controller, especially if you're having issues with dodging. Also, don't be fooled by Platinum's involvement. Despite how it controls, this is very much an action RPG, not a character action game. There are no combos, unfortunately.

You're probably gonna want to play this one with a controller, especially if you're having issues with dodging. Also, don't be fooled by Platinum's involvement. Despite how it controls, this is very much an action RPG, not a character action game. There are no combos, unfortunately.
Nope, controllers are not my thing, i tried Xbox 360, PS4 and Steam controllers and still prefer to stick with my old logitech keyboard. And wait, there is no combos at all? But i swear i somehow throw robot to the air and then jumped and kicked his ass like in some DMC game. So, all those cool moves are completely random?

Edit: Yeah, i was talking about that stuff from Ascheroth GIF.

Ascheroth

pTApMDZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom