• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eternal CCG is in open beta and on Steam

Kyuur

Gave this a shot the other day, definitely feels like Hearthstone x MTG. Any ideas on how easy it is to amass the required gold to draft?

Volodja

Gave this a shot the other day, definitely feels like Hearthstone x MTG. Any ideas on how easy it is to amass the required gold to draft?
Very easy. Especially at the start.
Also a successful draft (at least 6 wins) gives you back about as much or more gold than you have invested.

Nordicus

Because I somehow have accumulated so many Calderan Channelers, I decided to make a Stonescar Infiltrator deck kinda built around her and the new Morningstar that's only Fire influence now and has Overwhelm.

Zl6IwTZ.png

Still kinda spotty and I need to tweak the deck more, but I put in 4 of the new versions of Cabal Recruiter for decent curving on the channeler's effect.

It's fun to have a board stall moment with multiple infiltrators ready, some perhaps stunned, then Calderan Channeler comes along and triggers all of them while doing face damage.

Volodja

Yeah, I'm still iterating on it. Levitate seems like solid card cycle. Secret pages is something I looked at but at 3 cost it seemed a bit much for it's impact. I just noticed secret pages in his video has echo and is 2 cost... secret pages in the game is just 3 cost without echo. That's a pretty big power change. Basically a completely new card. It's mana ramp now heh
Secret Pages used to be great deck thinning, basically take the sigils right from the deck with it so that you could draw the good stuff without having to take limit the amount of power in the deck itself, coming at 2 copies for each draw of secret pages, you could just take 2 power off your potential draws while still having them available.
The way it is now is not useful to the deck, not sure what I'll put in its place now that I'm putting together that type of deck splashing Shadow for Scheme and a bit of targeted removal, because certain creatures gave me issues in closed beta; Sandstorm Titan felt pretty unkillable and an Annihilate could very much help there.
I don't have the cards I want for it yet and with them being all uncommons I'm just waiting to find them in boosters, so I don't know if it will actually flow well.

So permafrost seems... really popular. Makes sense too. The card is really powerful. I don't have any yet. Seems like infinite hourglass is a powerful permafrost counter. I am running 2 decays atm, but maybe I'll replace one for infinite hourglass.

Secret Pages used to be great deck thinning, basically take the sigils right from the deck with it so that you could draw the good stuff without having to take limit the amount of power in the deck itself, coming at 2 copies for each draw of secret pages, you could just take 2 power off your potential draws while still having them available.
The way it is now is not useful to the deck, not sure what I'll put in its place now that I'm putting together that type of deck splashing Shadow for Scheme and a bit of targeted removal, because certain creatures gave me issues in closed beta; Sandstorm Titan felt pretty unkillable and an Annihilate could very much help there.
I don't have the cards I want for it yet and with them being all uncommons I'm just waiting to find them in boosters, so I don't know if it will actually flow well.

It looked amazing how it used to be, basically like you were running 8 copies of seek power in a way.

MrDoctor

my deck has held up surprisingly well in ranked so far. seems like no one is prepared to deal with unblockable creatures

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Any good cheap deck lists out there? I'm pretty decent at piloting decks but shit at deckbuilding. I've found some online but they all called for like 20k-30k stones.

Fixed1979

Any good cheap deck lists out there? I'm pretty decent at piloting decks but shit at deckbuilding. I've found some online but they all called for like 20k-30k stones.

Should add his youtube channel to the OP, but Locopojo has a few vids were he takes the starter decks and tweaks them to make them more playable, worth checking out. There's also a couple listed at the top of the second page.

Mono Justice Aggro should be relatively easy to build. Has some rares, but no legendaries. Stock decklist from beta (importable into the game):

4 Gilded Glaive (Set1 #125)
4 District Infantry (Set1 #134)
3 Elder's Feather (Set1 #128)
4 Valkyrie Aspirant (Set1 #127)
2 Crownwatch Longsword (Set1 #142)
4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)
4 Eager Owlet (Set1 #144)
3 Paladin Oathbook (Set1 #140)
4 Tinker Overseer (Set1 #138)
3 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
4 Silverwing Familiar (Set1 #152)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
4 Auric Runehammer (Set1 #166)
3 Mantle of Justice (Set0 #21)
25 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)

Might require some minor tweaks, as Gilded Glaive was hit with a massive nerf (used to be Powersurge +X/+X). Overall it's a pretty consistent and effective deck, just drop guys and pump 'em up. Hammer of Mights might be a viable replacement for the Mantles of Justice, though it would increase the deck cost considerably.

There'a also good ol' Rakano Warcry (Red/Green Aggro):

3 Gilded Glaive (Set1 #125)
4 Elder's Feather (Set1 #128)
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
2 Pyroknight (Set1 #16)
4 Sparring Partner (Set1 #7)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
3 Champion of Glory (Set1 #314)
4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)
4 Ornate Katana (Set1 #23)
4 Rakano Outlaw (Set1 #20)
2 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
4 Shogun's Scepter (Set1 #26)
2 Sword of Icaria (Set1 #315)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
2 Hammer of Might (Set1 #170)
7 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
6 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)
4 Rakano Banner (Set1 #427)
4 Seat of Glory (Set0 #56)

Again, may need some tweaks due to the Glaive nerf. Similar concept as the Justice aggro deck (lots of equipment), but you're adding red for increased options/effectiveness. Also, Sparring Partner doesn't exist anymore. The list might give you some ideas, though. Main idea is to get advantage with warcrys and beat them down as quickly as possible.

I went ahead and crafted a Feln control deck, had some moderate success with it last night. Still have a lot to learn about piloting it. After playing so much Rakano Plate/pants and Combrei during beta I'm struggling to make the adjustments. Still working away at the Bronze leagues, such a wide variety of decks and skills right now it's challenging moving from one opponent who is obviously still figuring things out to fully fleshed out decks.

I've found my pet card, it combines thinks I like in card games; card draw and a cute little animal.

Look at this smug fucker, with his little smirk. He knows he's being a little shit when I have multiple draw, have echo, then put the echo cards on top of my deck so they trigger twice, so 1 card can trigger 4 times, Fun times! Haven't played against real people, but I'm sure I get shit on by silence or creature removal.

Nordicus

Look at this smug fucker, with his little smirk. He knows he's being a little shit when I have multiple draw, have echo, then put the echo cards on top of my deck so they trigger twice, so 1 card can trigger 4 times, Fun times! Haven't played against real people, but I'm sure I get shit on by silence or creature removal.
The camel is fun. It's not at first a threat, and then it's suddenly a threat. It decides some games when you have other more menacing minions on the board with it.

Furo

I'll stream a bit in a few minutes (Draft) and maybe someone wants to join me. Currently not very experienced in this game but made a 7 win draft in my first try - thanks to other ccgs.
So, feel free to make some helpful suggestions :D

https://www.twitch.tv/furo_

I've found my pet card, it combines thinks I like in card games; card draw and a cute little animal.

Use this with that.

Crystalline%20Chalice.png

Should add his youtube channel to the OP, but Locopojo has a few vids were he takes the starter decks and tweaks them to make them more playable, worth checking out. There's also a couple listed at the top of the second page.

I went ahead and crafted a Feln control deck, had some moderate success with it last night. Still have a lot to learn about piloting it. After playing so much Rakano Plate/pants and Combrei during beta I'm struggling to make the adjustments. Still working away at the Bronze leagues, such a wide variety of decks and skills right now it's challenging moving from one opponent who is obviously still figuring things out to fully fleshed out decks.

How many stones did it run you? Did you focus more on high end control with stuff like The Last Word, or just go for strong late game units (Champion of Cunning, Black-Sky Harbinger, Umbren Reaper)?

Fixed1979

How many stones did it run you? Did you focus more on high end control with stuff like The Last Word, or just go for strong late game units (Champion of Cunning, Black-Sky Harbinger, Umbren Reaper)?

I'm not at all that familiar with Shadow as I pretty much kept turning all my shadow cards to stones during beta to help complete my Combrei deck so it's a cut and paste of the RNGEternal list.

I had most of it already, the big ones I was missing were two Harbinger and The Last Word, pretty sure I dropped ~12,000 to complete the list. Even though I didn't play the closed for too long, the reward packs were helpful and I did drop some cash for packs, I also poorly played a few drafts and forges keeping an eye out for the cards I needed.

Besides a few loses due almost entirely to poor draws or me making bad mulligan decisions, there were some due to my opponent countering either harbinger or plague with fast spell minion buffs,I don't think that's even something I can play around though. I also think I might be just getting too greedy trying to get optimum clears so that when those counters happen it immediately put me in a loosing position instead of giving me an opportunity to move to plan B.

I'm not at all that familiar with Shadow as I pretty much kept turning all my shadow cards to stones during beta to help complete my Combrei deck so it's a cut and paste of the RNGEternal list.

I had most of it already, the big ones I was missing were two Harbinger and The Last Word, pretty sure I dropped ~12,000 to complete the list. Even though I didn't play the closed for too long, the reward packs were helpful and I did drop some cash for packs, I also poorly played a few drafts and forges keeping an eye out for the cards I needed.

Besides a few loses due almost entirely to poor draws or me making bad mulligan decisions, there were some due to my opponent countering either harbinger or plague with fast spell minion buffs,I don't think that's even something I can play around though. I also think I might be just getting too greedy trying to get optimum clears so that when those counters happen it immediately put me in a loosing position instead of giving me an opportunity to move to plan B.

Gotcha. I played a bit of Feln Midrange in beta, basically using shadow's midgame unit suite (Steward/Impending Doom/Reaper) to push through to a Champion of Cunning finish. Deck would probably be a bit weaker now with the Champion nerf. The control variant looks fun, though. Winning with Last Word has to be the greatest feeling lol.

I've decided to step away from a combo-finisher/midrange hybrid to a more pure midrange build. I think the combo potential of static bolts/tempest is there, but my builds were feeling inconsistent thus far and I learned that I liked the echo minions part more anyway.

2 Excavate (Set1 #71)
1 Infinite Hourglass (Set1 #67)
2 Initiate of the Sands (Set1 #74)
4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Backlash (Set1 #200)
4 Lightning Storm (Set1 #206)
4 Second Sight (Set1 #207)
4 Talir's Favored (Set0 #11)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
2 Twinning (Set1 #79)
4 Clockroach (Set1 #94)
1 Decay (Set1 #95)
2 Scorpion Wasp (Set1 #96)
4 Wisdom of the Elders (Set1 #218)
2 Crystalline Chalice (Set1 #359)
4 Nesting Avisaur (Set1 #225)
1 Thunderstrike Dragon (Set1 #243)
1 Channel the Tempest (Set1 #244)
11 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
10 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
4 Seat of Wisdom (Set0 #63)

Chrystaline chalice is so boss. Turns my deck thinning units into larger minions as well as drawing more cards. Infinite hourglass also negates the exhaust portion and counters all those pesky permafrost/stun focused removal decks. I might include 1 more thunderstrike dragon.

Not sure if I should keep twinning though. It's got great synergy with most of my units at least.

Also looking into what legendary cards I might want to complement the deck. Idol of destran seems to fit but I'm not sure another huge minion really changes much.

MrDoctor

i've been using this for around 1000:

cloudsnake x3
dark return x2
direfang spider x3
levitate x1
seek power x3
slumbering stone x2
twilight raptor x4
annihilate x2
backlash x2
gorgon swiftblade x2
lightening strike x1
vara's favor x2
beastcaller's amulet x2
blackguard sidearm x2
cobalt acolyte x2
ice sprite x3
lethrai nightblade x2
impending doom x1
serpant trainer x2
ashara x1
umbren reaper x1
windshaper x2
argonport ringmaster x1
horsesnatcher bat x2
thunderstrike dragon x2

not exactly perfect, but it does win matches. also taking suggestions

My goal with this game is to make a Recurring Nightmare deck. Very reminiscent of Morphling and Palinchron in spirit for me in old counter-burn decks, except it looks like blue/black is the counterburn combo in this game. There should be a red/blue hybrid counterspell.

I'm really glad that they nerfed Secret Pages. I felt like I had to run tri-color just because it was so good. Now there's only one yellow card that I really wish I could run in my control decks, and it isn't worth it on its own.

Because I somehow have accumulated so many Calderan Channelers, I decided to make a Stonescar Infiltrator deck kinda built around her and the new Morningstar that's only Fire influence now and has Overwhelm.

Still kinda spotty and I need to tweak the deck more, but I put in 4 of the new versions of Cabal Recruiter for decent curving on the channeler's effect.

It's fun to have a board stall moment with multiple infiltrators ready, some perhaps stunned, then Calderan Channeler comes along and triggers all of them while doing face damage.
What's your decklist for this? I'm having surprising success with Calderan Channeler in a blue infiltrate deck right now. I actually wonder if I should try running her in my blue/black infiltrate deck.

Nordicus

What's your decklist for this? I'm having surprising success with Calderan Channeler in a blue infiltrate deck right now. I actually wonder if I should try running her in my blue/black infiltrate deck.
Egh, the decklist for that one is ever changing because I just can't seem to give the deck decent performance.

The main cards are

Pyro Knight
Rampage
Beastcaller's Amulet
Desperado
Direwood Beastcaller
Cabal Recruiter
Morning Star
Calderan Channeler
Smuggler's Stash
Argenport Ringmaster

The infiltrate minions have an issue of being much too flimsy against removal though, I can't get the engine going. At the end of the day I have an overcosted 3/2, 1/4 and a 1/1 until they actually connect to face. Ringmaster's nice and fat tho

I'm diamond in both gauntlet and forge now. Playing singleplayer is just too much fun while I watch tv or am doing something else. I know it gets harder at higher ranks, but it really hasn't gotten hard even in diamond. It's only the last fight in gauntlet that is very difficult... mostly cause their deck is super optimized for the rule set.

ViviOggi

I'm diamond in both gauntlet and forge now. Playing singleplayer is just too much fun while I watch tv or am doing something else. I know it gets harder at higher ranks, but it really hasn't gotten hard even in diamond. It's only the last fight in gauntlet that is very difficult... mostly cause their deck is super optimized for the rule set.
SP doesn't get super hard in the sense that you need to start playing super well, rather than the AI starting to play solid decks which are able to god draw and punish bad draws - increasing your chances of getting kicked out early and making the entire effort worthless.

Feln/Primal is the best infiltrate combination. Two key cards:
Haunting Scream
Dark Return

Haunting Scream brings the infiltrate minion back for a bit, refreshes the infiltrate ability, and gives the minion charge+flying or the turn. Essentially, every infiltrate minion in your deck becomes a spell that you can bring out whenever your opponent is overzealous.

Fun fact: When you Haunting Scream a unit once, even though it gets sacrificed at the end of your turn, it KEEPS the charge+flying labels. That's where Dark Return comes in: you can grab any of these guys from your void, give it +1/+1, and then play it with charge and flying again - and it DOESN'T die at the end of your turn.

Basically, if you can land Haunting Scream on a unit once, you can keep bringing it back with Haunting Scream and/or Dark Return to reap the benefits of its infiltrate ability over and over. Gorgon Fanatic makes you immune to burn decks, Direwood Beastcaller lets you overwhelm opponents early on, and Desperado is great for controlling the board.

However, after learning that Calderan Channeler procs infiltrate, I think I might try to modify my current deck to be tri-color for that synergy alone. Cloud of Ash isn't bad for synergy either, though definitely inferior to Trickster's Cloak and Levitate.

I've also thought about using the Haunting Scream combo with Umbren Reaper for its own win condition.

Other good options for the infiltrate deck that I haven't experimented with much:
Champion of Cunning
Nightmaw, Sight Unseen (I just got one of these bad boys in a pack!)
Bandit Queen?
Jarall Iceheart

Nordicus

However, after learning that Calderan Channeler procs infiltrate, I think I might try to modify my current deck to be tri-color for that synergy alone. Cloud of Ash isn't bad for synergy either, though definitely inferior to Trickster's Cloak and Levitate.
Tricolor is probably the best way to play Calderan Channeler for infiltrate

Channeler's main contribution is that it makes the infltration Lightning Strike proof.

GDJustin

Did you use a specific deck to get through gauntlet? I shot up to the top quickly but I'm getting beat down before reaching Diamond.

Nordicus

My most succesful homebrew deck is probably my most toxic one too. I made this after getting frustrated with my more patient niche combo decks getting owned so hard, and it's had relative success. However it makes me feel horrible every time I win...
It's an extremely spell-based (42!) burn deck that tries to deny all of opponent's plays ever, while thinning your own deck of sigils so that a massive percentage of your topdecks is a playable card.

Any turn opponent doesn't play a unit or a relic weapon, you get ahead.

G.ZZZ

My most succesful homebrew deck is probably my most toxic one too. I made this after getting frustrated with my more patient niche combo decks getting owned so hard, and it's had relative success. However it makes me feel horrible every time I win...

It's an extremely spell-based (42!) burn deck that tries to deny all of opponent's plays ever, while thinning your own deck of sigils so that a massive percentage of your topdecks is a playable card.

This is amazing lol. I'm running an iteration of this list and feel so funny to see people rage when they get manacled.

Fixed1979

My goal with this game is to make a Recurring Nightmare deck. Very reminiscent of Morphling and Palinchron in spirit for me in old counter-burn decks, except it looks like blue/black is the counterburn combo in this game. There should be a red/blue hybrid counterspell.

I'm really glad that they nerfed Secret Pages. I felt like I had to run tri-color just because it was so good. Now there's only one yellow card that I really wish I could run in my control decks, and it isn't worth it on its own.

I remember the first time I lost to a Recurring Nightmare deck...It was a serious WTF moment. It was the only time I've ever been made about this game yet. Not a big deal now but as a brand new player I had no idea how I was supposed to deal with it.

That's a great reference for anyone looking to get started.

Use this with that.
Want to use it, but don't own the card. I'm using Staff of Stories

Can you post the deck text? I want to run something that scummy when I get the cards.

Nordicus

This is amazing lol. I'm running an iteration of this list and feel so funny to see people rage when they get manacled.
The manacles are the kiss of death when you've forced your opponent into a topdeck war with the cards that mess with their hand.

Can you post the deck text? I want to run something that scummy when I get the cards.
Yeah sure

2 Flame Blast (Set1 #2)
1 Light the Fuse (Set1 #6)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
4 Kaleb's Favor (Set0 #3)
4 Piercing Shot (Set1 #25)
4 Treachery (Set1 #394)
4 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Execute (Set1 #277)
4 Plague (Set1 #274)
4 Scheme (Set1 #213)
1 Black Iron Manacles (Set1 #388)
3 Subvert (Set1 #289)
4 Centaur Raidleader (Set1 #50)
1 Argenport Ringmaster (Set1 #300)
2 Stonescar Maul (Set1 #52)
8 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
7 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Amethyst Monument (Set1 #426)
4 Granite Monument (Set1 #423)
2 Seat of Chaos (Set0 #60)

I will upgrade centaur raidleaders into Soulfire Drakes in the future, Light the Fuse is something I mess with for fun, might upgrade flame blasts to obliterates, and Argenport Ringmaster is just there only because "What late game minion would reeeeally be OP if it had Charge?"

The Monuments, the Favors, Execute and Piercing Shot, Stonescar Maul, Treachery and Manacles are the most irreplaceable parts of the deck. Rest you can replace with something similar

Crowbear

After doing roughly a billion drafts I finally had enough cards and stones to put together a good constructed deck. Since I'm a masochist and love control I went with a slightly modified version of SirRhino's Feln Control list and started grinding ranked. Obviously blew through bronze pretty quickly, killed a few people with The Last Word (which feels amazing) but then actually started hitting some resistance in silver.

I think the deck is really great but it can run into some problems if you keep removal heavy hands and end up playing Rakano and they equip a relic weapon early on. If you can't get a creature on the board real quick they can murder you before you can do anything about it. It was enough of an issue that I considered throwing in some Lightning Strikes just for those situations.

My only other losses were to combo decks that I couldn't disrupt before they went off (one game a guy ended up with 3 Crystaline Chalices and 3 camels in play, that went badly for me but it was hilarious to see him drawing a billion cards and gaining a billion life), control vs. control matchups where they get their Azindel's Gift off before I could, and one guy that I played twice who, in both games, managed the exact same curve of Siraf into Sandstorm Titan into Marshall Ironthorn into another Marshall Ironthorn into Mystic Ascendant. His deck must have cost a large fortune in stones to craft, goddamn.

Overall I'm still really loving this game, a few issues aside. If MtG had a game client with this level of UI polish and a similarly awesome monetization scheme I don't think I'd ever play another game ever again.

Some of the gauntlet bosses are OP af. They are almost literally impossible to beat. You would need to have exactly the right deck to even have a chance. For example, the one boss that starts with 5 influence in each faction. 4 mana 7/7 lol. Then a flying 7/5 with aegis for 5. Then a 20/20ish for 6 mana (champion of progress). You might have an answer for one or two, hell maybe even three, but these bombs don't stop dropping.

GDJustin

Lost to a jank Primal/Time/Justice deck that used all kinds of insane stalling and deck manipulation to draw static bolt, echo it, put it back into his deck, echo it again, etc until he managed to OTK me with three of them back to back to back, each hitting for 9.

Static+Bolt.png

The key to the combo was Second Sight and Elysian Trailblazer. He used the Second Sight to get the Static Bolt back on top of his deck, then Echo'd it it with the Trailblazer.

Second+Sight.png
Elysian+Trailblazer.png

Cards like Excavate let him get Bolts and (especially) Trailblazers back into his hand when spent. He cycled through his deck with card draw stuff like Celestial Omen and Wisdom of the Elders.

He held ME at bay with all the usual stuff - counter-spells and FIVE(!!!) Harsh Rules (he excavated one back into his hand).

Harsh+Rule.png

The most frustrating part is that the deck wasn't even good. He was still in single-digit health when he pulled the combo off and the only reason he wasn't dead was I never ever saw even one of my bomb cards - just kept drawing into 1/2 and 2/2 flyers. The only truly smart play on his end that I could see was baiting out my own counter-spells early, so I didn't have them left to counter the lethal bolts.

I bet it's one of those decks with a 25% win rate, but those wins probably feel soooo good.

Shai-Tan

Banned
That's just a standard control deck which has some flexibility in its finisher. Some use Icaria, some Channel the Tempest etc. Often there's a backup win condition like Sword of the Sky King or The Last Word. Some obviously are more janky than others. Static bolt finisher requires some extra durdle but it's nowhere near as fragile as something cute like echoscavate into Light the Fuse. If I'm not mistaken(?) the change to echo in the open beta patch would have nerfed Static Bolt like it did for Crown of Possibilities so not as good as it used to be i.e. harder to pump the static bolt damage up after it gets echo. In one variation there's also Eilyn to assist.

Nordicus

If I'm not mistaken(?) the change to echo in the open beta patch would have nerfed Static Bolt like it did for Crown of Possibilities so not as good as it used to be i.e. harder to pump the static bolt damage up after it gets echo. In one variation there's also Eilyn to assist.
I would think so too but at the same time I've seen it function as it always did and I've heard some people say that they've tested the echo cards to function normally (+2 power when drawn as Echo), just that Crown of Possibilities now just gives the same keyword to both echo minions. Maybe Static Bolt power up speed is unchanged because it relies on Fate rather than a separate card recognizing that it is drawn?

rickyson1

first_7_win_draft.jpg

got my first 7 win draft

Azindel's Gift is so annoying,randomly got that played against me in my 6-1 game for the first time while I was stuck on 5 mana and ended up discarding my carnosaur and thunderstrike dragons

still won due to drawing Marisen while the game was in a stalemate though,that card won me a few games amazing for breaking a game open if it drags on long enough to play it

blackflag

I played during closed but I guess I just didn't realize how much a competitive deck would cost. Allowing 4 of each legendaries really drives the price up.

Is there an official Eternal Discord? I'd love to have a place where we can all talk up our decks. I'm in Diamond for Forge and Gauntlet. :-D

I played during closed but I guess I just didn't realize how much a competitive deck would cost. Allowing 4 of each legendaries really drives the price up.

Yeah, and it's at 3200 dust each. Pretty insane. o_O Duelyst at least makes each legendary 900 dust when you can have 3x in a deck.

Fixed1979

Hobbled together a Combrei deck and ran it to Gold this afternoon. As much as I was enjoying the Feln Control deck I wasn't terribly happy with it. Definitely a heavily agro ladder for me, with a smattering a interesting decks thrown in.

Really looking forward to the tournament tomorrow, it'll be a bit of a first glimpse at what a lot of the top players are running right now.

patchday

yeah one of reasons I stopped playing a day or two after it hit Steam. Game was good fun and definitely would still recommend it. I just won't be playing right now because Hearthstone + all these other games I play. I beat CoD IW (single player) so I thought I might have time but just snatched up Titanfall 2. I'm really craving detailed roller-coaster style single player experiences

Really enjoy Eternal's SP content too but I kept reading it was gonna get harder & harder. I ideally want SP content I can farm like in MOBAs. Its so relaxing popping into HoTS and just running through the AI and getting my gold. One day card games may treat PvE as a viable source of steady income and stop putting in stuff to discourage us legit AI farmers. If I want a challenge I'll fight against tryhards on the ladder. But when I dont I want to kick back and relax with AI that is programmed to lose and make me feel good bout myself LOL

edit- Oh and to get to the point why I quoted the text above I noticed the steep legendary prices in closed beta. I really dont think I want to farm the same legendary over & over quite right now

My advice to the devs- let us set AI difficulty like we can with Hearthstone adventures. Don't make the AI grow to be harder. I'd be fine with it taking a long time to acquire the legends if I could farm 'offline' in peace (or even coop like we can in MOBA but I think that's a huge ask for current traditional MtG style CCGs)

Hobbled together a Combrei deck and ran it to Gold this afternoon. As much as I was enjoying the Feln Control deck I wasn't terribly happy with it. Definitely a heavily agro ladder for me, with a smattering a interesting decks thrown in.

Really looking forward to the tournament tomorrow, it'll be a bit of a first glimpse at what a lot of the top players are running right now.

Even though I'm too lazy or swamped to play right now would enjoy watching pros play. I bet it airs while I'm out in the morning with the family tho. Will have to check it out tho

yeah one of reasons I stopped playing a day or two after it hit Steam. Game was good fun and definitely would still recommend it. I just won't be playing right now because Hearthstone + all these other games I play. I beat CoD IW (single player) so I thought I might have time but just snatched up Titanfall 2. I'm really craving detailed roller-coaster style single player experiences

Really enjoy Eternal's SP content too but I kept reading it was gonna get harder & harder. I ideally want SP content I can farm like in MOBAs. Its so relaxing popping into HoTS and just running through the AI and getting my gold. One day card games may treat PvE as a viable source of steady income and stop putting in stuff to discourage us legit AI farmers. If I want a challenge I'll fight against tryhards on the ladder. But when I dont I want to kick back and relax with AI that is programmed to lose and make me feel good bout myself LOL

edit- Oh and to get to the point why I quoted the text above I noticed the steep legendary prices in closed beta. I really dont think I want to farm the same legendary over & over quite right now

My advice to the devs- let us set AI difficulty like we can with Hearthstone adventures. Don't make the AI grow to be harder. I'd be fine with it taking a long time to acquire the legends if I could farm 'offline' in peace (or even coop like we can in MOBA but I think that's a huge ask for current traditional MtG style CCGs)

PVE is very grindable. I wouldn't worry about the AI getting harder. I'm in diamond league and it's still not even hard. The only hard part is the last boss, at any tier imo. Getting to 6 wins gets you 2 silver chests, which is the equivalent of a daily quest reward actually. Getting to 7 gets you 2 silver chests and a white chest I think is equivalent to a gold (contains a pack). At diamond tier I still almost always get to 6 wins, which is good enough. Sometimes my deck completely bricks, maybe one out of ten games. But usually I get to 6 wins and then lose against the last boss because they are kinda busted at diamond tier.

I've largely stuck to gauntlet and forge play cause most of the time when I play it's while I am working on other things at the same time and a turn timer would make it very difficult to enjoy and do work. I'm already at 20k+ gold, gathered at least 5-6 legendary cards, crafted 7-8 rares (whatever the tier below legendary is, 800 riftstone a piece). It's pretty relaxing experience and probably what you're looking for.

Nordicus

The AI is easily exploitable, especially when it comes to fast spells.

AI is offering a free trade? It has a fast spell, guaranteed. You offer a free trade but in actuality have a fast spell in your hand? AI will still try to block.

The most difficulty increase that you'll see is that the AI gets decks that are less built to deliberately get flooded by sigils.

Top Bottom