• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

AerialAir

Banned
After sitting at £42 since launch, Nioh just went back up to £45. That game is holding its price crazily well.

It's a Koei Tecmo published game and unless they get very bad/mediocre reviews, those tend to hold their price so either wait for a digital sale or be prepared for having to wait an year for it to get around 30£. Probably wait for black friday.

sphinx

the piano man
do they really take any two games with the PS4 or is there a list of games that apply?? I can't seem to find any list, it just says 2 games

Zatoth

do they really take any two games with the PS4 or is there a list of games that apply?? I can't seem to find any list, it just says 2 games

From what I read they don't take sports games that are older than 1 year. Also no games that came bundled with a console.

oldmario

which is best to order books from wordery or bookdepository? they seem to switch on who is 1p higher on the amazon marketplace which seems to be the cheapest to get some books from

pbayne

which is best to order books from wordery or bookdepository? they seem to switch on who is 1p higher on the amazon marketplace which seems to be the cheapest to get some books from

a weird quirk of thebookdepistory is they send every book in an individual package rather than bundle them together. Which can lead to you getting staggered releases throughout the entire week rather than all at once.

Never had a big problem with either though.

a weird quirk of thebookdepistory is they send every book in an individual package rather than bundle them together. Which can lead to you getting staggered releases throughout the entire week rather than all at once.

I'm quite sure they send bundles... I received bundles of two books at least.

While you may get many packages you also get many bookmarks. The ones with kids drawings are adorable!

German & Austrian GAF

Trade in PS4 + 2 games and you can buy a PS4 Pro for €99

Starting this Wednesday.

https://www.gamestop.at/ps4-pro
https://www.gamestop.de/ps4-pro

Me and a friend both consider doing this.

If I sell my PS4 on ebay I might get about 220€ if I'm lucky.
A new PS4 Pro costs about 380€.
The difference is about 160€ so the two games you trade in have to be worth more than 60€ to make this a bad deal.

For me it's basically pay 99€ to upgrade your 3 year old PS4 and get a completely new PS4 with one year of warranty.

Hopefully it really is a new PS4 Pro and not a used one. They don't specify this on their website.

Also I wonder if I can trade in a game from another region or if they only accept PAL games.

flohen95

Also I wonder if I can trade in a game from another region or if they only accept PAL games.

You cannot. If you're in Germany, it also has to be the USK version of the game. I've seen some out-of-region copies up for sale at Gamestop in Germany, but as per their rules for trade-ins, they don't buy them.

Godan

German & Austrian GAF

Trade in PS4 + 2 games and you can buy a PS4 Pro for €99

Starting this Wednesday.

https://www.gamestop.at/ps4-pro
https://www.gamestop.de/ps4-pro

Wow great deal that just suck nowhere in the UK do a deal like that. Was looking over the past few weeks at stepping up to a Pro as i got a new TV and have started playing my PS4 a bit more.

Also any good deals for Mario Kart 8 on the switch this week? Want to play another game on my switch now that isn't Zelda.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
They did take all games (except stuff like FIFA 14) back in November when the Pro released. I traded in Singstar Party (which I bought for 1 Euro) and the bundle copy of Far Cry 4. But maybe there are restrictions now that they give you the pro for 80€ less than back then...

Also be warned: the discs and especially the controllers have to be flawless. No ripped rubber on the sticks or replacement nubs.

Mendrox

They did take all games (except stuff like FIFA 14) back in November when the Pro released. I traded in Singstar Party (which I bought for 1 Euro) and the bundle copy of Far Cry 4. But maybe there are restrictions now that they give you the pro for 80€ less than back then...

Also be warned: the discs and especially the controllers have to be flawless. No ripped rubber on the sticks or replacement nubs.

Yep which is almost impossible with the old controlers lol, but they will offer you to exchange the one in the Pro (the better version) with your old stinky one.

Mergesort

My brother has a ps4 edition with two controllers, does he have to give them both controller?

My brother has a ps4 edition with two controllers, does he have to give them both controller?

I doubt it, they just need a PS4 with the standard accessories (1 DS4 and cables) that come with it, they don't need to know which PS4 set you bought. But I'd take both just in case they don't like the one and then you could try the other.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
No, they don't need a box or receipt, so there's no way to know what kind of bundle you're trading in. Console, one controller, cables (and not even all of them I think, or at least not the original ones), and 2 games.
I doubt it, they just need a PS4 with the standard accessories (1 DS4 and cables) that come with it, they don't need to know which PS4 set you bought. But I'd take both just in case they don't like the one and then you could try the other.
But yeah, that's a good idea. They denied both of my buddys controllers because of tiny rips in the rubber.

flozuki

Regarding the gamestop offer. They also have 2 for 1 sale for used games and you can get Evolve and Battleborn for 12,99 Euros. Just an example if you don't have games you want to trade in (I guess it is a national sale and not just in my region).

Ludens

Banned
Regarding the gamestop offer. They also have 2 for 1 sale for used games and you can get Evolve and Battleborn for 12,99 Euros. Just an example if you don't have games you want to trade in (I guess it is a national sale and not just in my region).

Nothing here in Italy, there's only a crappy offer for the Pro with six months of Intinity,a streaming service nobody cares for.
No 2x1.

oldmario

I'm quite sure they send bundles... I received bundles of two books at least.

While you may get many packages you also get many bookmarks. The ones with kids drawings are adorable!

might go with them, do they send books out in one of those cardboard wrap things/boxes? some book sellers i've used in the past sent stuff out in a jiffybag

Firebrand

Swe-GAF: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 549 SEK at Komplett, Elgiganten, Media Markt. Still a bit more than the eshop download (529 SEK), but if you insist on having the physical release, that's an okay price.

might go with them, do they send books out in one of those cardboard wrap things/boxes? some book sellers i've used in the past sent stuff out in a jiffybag

Cardboards like this one

IZDuIVm.jpg

Zatoth

My brother already called a Gamestop store and they reserved a PS4 Pro for him. Seems they started doing the trade already today in some stores.

im_dany

What's the difference?

So... it's the same?

That is an even better deal. €9 cheaper.

It's not. It's 400€ for Pro+2nd controller, then 160€ off if you trade in a 500GB PS4 + 2 used games worth 10€ each, or 180€ off if you trade in a 1TB PS4 + 2 used games worth 10€ each.

Which brings it to 220€ at best.

The 90€ offer is for the standard PS4.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I hope this is the right place to post this. Then again, there's nothing cheaper then free stuff:
Banner Saga 2 currently free for Xbox One in the Korean Store.
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood for free in the Japanese Store.

It's not. It's 400€ for Pro+2nd controller, then 160€ off if you trade in a 500GB PS4 + 2 used games worth 10€ each, or 180€ off if you trade in a 1TB PS4 + 2 used games worth 10€ each.

Which brings it to 220€ at best.

The 90€ offer is for the standard PS4.

What a shame. I would have bought it if it was like the German one.

Top Bottom