• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Is it worthwhile to grab the original DS or 3DS versions of some of the games/movies in these packages or should I just go with what's in the PS4 releases (including 2.8)?
If you really want more KH after playing everything in 1.5+2.5, then I think Re:coded is worth playing through. I had a lot of fun with it despite all the negativity it gets from the fanbase. Just know that both it and Days don't have a lot of story in them, with Re:coded's ending being the only important part of the entire game.

2.8 includes the 3DS game, Dream Drop Distance so there's no need to pick that up.
seriously don't, it sucks

Teggy

2.8 includes the 3DS game, Dream Drop Distance so there's no need to pick that up.

Haha, yeah, that's mostly what I was wondering - if there was any fun gameplay to be missed if you just watched the movies, or if the HD versions were significantly worse than the original handheld ones.

Kremzeek

I played KH1 on PS3, and so I'm starting this with BBS.

I remember loving the combat and upgrade/ability system the best in BBS.
Plus Aqua.

Jolkien

I'll try to get into this series for the second time
There no consensus wether to play in release order of according to the timeline... Not sure what to do.

I should probably relax on the Kingdom Hearts hype since I've been getting bored waiting for my copy
and Kingdom Hearts III
to arrive that I've started to ship certain characters together. It's bad!

Permanently A

I'll try to get into this series for the second time
There no consensus wether to play in release order of according to the timeline... Not sure what to do.

Actually I'm pretty sure the consensus is firmly in the release order.

Okay look.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5

• Kingdom Hearts 1
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days movie

Kingdom Hearts 2.5

• Kingdom Hearts 2
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
  • Kingdom Hearts Re Coded movie

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

• Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2
  • Kingdom Hearts χ movie

and then finally Kingdom Hearts 3.

NOW to decipher this mess.

This is the timeline.

1. Kingdom Hearts χ
  2. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  3. Kingdom Hearts 0.2
  4. Kingdom Hearts 1
  5. Kingdom Hearts Re Chain of Memories
  6. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  7. Kingdom Hearts 2
  8. Kingdom Hearts Re Coded
  9. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

To play the whole series, you need 2.8 and the upcoming March PS4 release which includes 1.5 and 2.5.

Now to play it in release (best) order:

1. Kingdom Hearts
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re Chain of Memories
  3. Kingdom Hearts 2
  4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  5. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  6. Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
  7. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  8. Kingdom Hearts χ
  9. Kingdom Hearts 0.2

Azuran

Banned
If you really want more KH after playing everything in 1.5+2.5, then I think Re:coded is worth playing through. I had a lot of fun with it despite all the negativity it gets from the fanbase. Just know that both it and Days don't have a lot of story in them, with Re:coded's ending being the only important part of the entire game.

Yeah no. Dream Drop Distance may not be the best game but it's certainly far from the worse game in existence like some people in this community love to exaggerate. If someone loves Kingdom Hearts, chances are they'll probably enjoy that game more often than not.

For some reason people in this fanbase sure love telling others what not to play. I guess people forming their own opinion is considered a bad thing nowadays.

Kas

Did they fix the save corruption thing? I'm looking to buy this when I get out of work in a bit and I really don't want to do so if it'll wipe my save or crash when I save.

Yeah no. Dream Drop Distance may not be the best game but it's certainly far from the worse game in existence like some people love to exaggerate. If someone loves Kingdom Hearts, chances are they'll probably enjoy that game more often than not.

For some reason people in this fanbase sure love telling others what not to play. I guess forming your own opinion on things is a bad thing nowadays.
You have no idea how many times I've been told by people to skip Chains of Memories cause it's awful and is not important to the plot.

I'll still try it though cause why not?

Did they fix the save corruption thing? I'm looking to buy this when I get out of work in a bit and I really don't want to do so if it'll wipe my save or crash when I save.

There is no save corrupting, only rare chance of the game crashing when trying to save in KH2.

For some reason people in this fanbase sure love telling others what not to play. I guess people forming their own opinion is considered a bad thing nowadays.

It's a combination of exaggerating about how bad certain games are and trying to understate how important certain games are to the plot. It's exhausting.

desmax

lmao that title

Anyway, my copy got shipped today. Don't really plan to play it at release (I don't want to start playing it and after a few days start playing Persona 5), but hopefully by the time I get to it the issues would be fixed.

I only want to play KH II again, tbh

Banzai

Is there any hope for any SE games coming to pc anymore? There were rumours about a FFXV port, weren't there?
Just give me a quick update on this please, I don't want to derail this topic into one on portbegging.

Is there any hope for any SE games coming to pc anymore? There were rumours about a FFXV port, weren't there?
Just give me a quick update on this please, I don't want to derail this topic into one on portbegging.

Not much on the KH front unfortunately. Tabata and the FFXV team did some tests recently with their game running on obscenely high settings for PC but no confirmation that they're actively working on a port. If XV gets a PC release it will probably be at least a year out.

Got nothing for you. All you could do is wait and hope. Or eventually get a PS4. I'm waiting alongside you

XV, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and XII HD are probably your best bets.

Banzai

Not trying to butt in but you should for sure get those games and a PS4. It's really a one of a kind experience. Even more if you love Disney.

I agree, I mean I already own the originals of all these games and a PS4 :). Having them all in one place would be nice, though. Even if it won't be on pc.

MAtgS

Which trophy?
Gummi ship blueprint collector. Before it required clearing nigh-impossible gummi missions that were not in the vanilla release. Now its just get 30 blueprints which could be collected just from killing enemies.

Gummi ship blueprint collector. Before it required clearing nigh-impossible gummi missions that were not in the vanilla release. Now its just get 30 blueprints which could be collected just from killing enemies.

YES. I couldn't bring myself to get that.

Just wondering possible to transfer saves from PS3, like final fantasy x remastere was able to do?
Don't I wish. Don't I wish. I'm not looking forward to playing KH1 and getting all the recipes for the Ultima Weapon and fighting all the secret bosses over again at all.
I agree, I mean I already own the originals of all these games and a PS4 :). Having them all in one place would be nice, though. Even if it won't be on pc.
Oh! Oops sorry I thought you never played them! My bad!

But at least you know what I mean about the experience then haha!

TEJ

Thank you for the new avatar!

Anyway, if you've played both on ps3 are these trophies completely new, or is it like ffx/x2 remastered where the ps3 trophies are the ps4 ones? Meaning you dont need to reearn them?

jrcbandit

I had this pre-ordered, but I don't trust Square Enix to fix the stuttering issue so I cancelled it. Wonder how long it will take if ever?

desmax

Anyway, if you've played both on ps3 are these trophies completely new, or is it like ffx/x2 remastered where the ps3 trophies are the ps4 ones? Meaning you dont need to reearn them?

New trophy list

They are new, they changed some trophies.

Lightning

Banned
I will play them all except Chain of Memories. Fuck that card system.

Having to plat them again though I will need to think on that. Especially the BbS trophies cause fuck some of those trophies are insane and time consuming.

Really can't wait to get started though. Going to be a blast once again!

I must be the only one not excited about getting some of the trophies again.
I will play them all except Chain of Memories. Fuck that card system.
image.php

EDIT: Dang it Napalm.

Rob2K19

As stated before, the recommended order is release order:

KH1 FM
Re:Chain of Memories
KH2 FM
358/2 Days
Birth by Sleep FM
Re:Coded
Dream Drop Distance
X[chi] series (X / Unchained X (Unchained X is rebranded as Union X) / Back Cover)
0.2 Birth by Sleep
KH3

Important facts.

1. Read the Ansem reports. They are backstory.

2. All the games are important, even though Tetsuya Nomura did say Chain of Memories can be skipped (unlike Coded) back in 2004 in regards to only playing KH2, but still needed to get the full story of the series. The V-Cast game was not made by Tetsuya Nomura and Square Enix. It doesn't exist.

3. Birth by Sleep is a "main and numbered title" game just like KH1 and 2. It was originally going to be a PS2, but things happened, so it moved to PSP in the end. It was referred to as "Episode 0" back during it's original release. It is now called "0.1" due to the director, Tetsuya Nomura, backpedaling after he said he wouldn't go further into the past, which is X[chi]. Also, the recommended play order is Terra, Ven, Aqua, but you can choose what you want.

4. Dream Drop Distance is a main game in terms of story, but overall, it does not move the story enough to be a numbered title game.

5. X[chi] on PC browsers is exclusive to Japan. Unchained X on mobile was made to get the game overseas just like Re:Coded (Coded is a mobile game) on DS. It almost has the same story, but skips and deviates from the story of X on PC browsers. Further explanation in the guide below. X Back Cover is told from a certain groups perspective (X and Unchained are told from the players) during the story of X and Unchained. You can watch it after X on PC browsers (guide below).Union X is the rebranded version and continuation of Unchained.

6. Playing the games are just one part of the story. To get the full lore not explained in the games and fun facts, you need to read Ultimania, Famitsu, Dengeki, etc. interviews. That's exclusive to Japan, obviously. Much like Final Fantasy and any other Japanese series.

7. 0.2 Birth by Sleep is the prologue of KH3. It was taken out of KH3 due to the increase of content in KH3 and Nomura felt he didn't want to ruin the pacing of the story with a long prologue for fans. You'll know what he means when you play a certain KH game.

8. Re:Coded in 2.5 has a new scene that spoils Dream Drop Distance. It is unlocked in theater mode after you watch the whole movie. Of course, since the collections cater to older fans than new, Nomura didn't give a damn. lol

X[chi] guide:

Since many people don't feel like playing a mobile game. Here's the main and side story cutscenes of X on PC browsers and Unchained X. Everything is in order in the link. Close to 2 hours of cutscenes. lol

Main story: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCJnwphQDQcJOkD9OsmxxMHX7YHE4WP2

Side story (only the 3rd and 4th video are necessary to watch): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCJnwphQDQcuI95vvxynpL6WRdR9hzB9

Note: The story of X (Now on Union X) hasn't ended yet so the playlist will be update when new story is release. You'll spoil yourself if you look at every video before you watch it. Just start from the first video.

Welcome to a game series that is not for children.

tensuke

8. Re:Coded in 2.5 has a new scene that spoils Dream Drop Distance. There are 3 scenes after the credits. Only watch the first 2. Of course, since the collections cater to older fans than new, Nomura didn't give a damn. lol

Having not really played much of the side games, thanks. Would you recommend DDD before Re:Coded if something gets spoiled in it, or is Re:Coded still preferred before DDD? AKA Should I just watch the first 2 after credits scenes and come back, or just do DDD first?

desmax

Having not really played much of the side games, thanks. Would you recommend DDD before Re:Coded if something gets spoiled in it, or is Re:Coded still preferred before DDD? AKA Should I just watch the first 2 after credits scenes and come back, or just do DDD first?

The new scene in Coded doesn't play in the movie by itself (At least from my experience on the PS3), I believe you actually have to go to the chapter select after finishing it to be able to see it.

So you can watch it, no problem

Top Bottom