• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Kolx

Is anyone able to use their 20% US PSN savings coupon on this?

I can't seem to find a place to put the code in when I try to pre-order it on the web store.

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can use the coupon on preorder stuff.

Modoru

Has anyone figured out if this will be three separate games or they have combined all of the tracks, ships, modes into one big package? I can't get a good read. Posted the question on the blog but maybe someone knows already?
Three games, I'd imagine.

Desmond

hwblwx6l.jpg

SWEET JESUS YES

antyk

I'd never expect myself to say that, but Fast RMX on Switch looks better and more exciting. It seems they've only increased resolution, updated the textures and ...called it a day? The explosions look kinda lame, there's no contemporary visual effects, lighting is weak, etc.

Hope more videos will sway me over, but for now I'm not impressed... :(

I will continue buying Wipeout for whatever system it releases for, forever.

Also, relieved to see the wording in the OP - initially when they revealed it sounded like they wouldn't have the campaigns from HD/Fury, but here they're saying "all content" so hopefully they hold to that. I'm not terribly interested in online, these are mainly single player racers for me.

I'd never expect myself to say that, but Fast RMX on Switch looks better and more exciting. It seems they've only increased resolution, updated the textures and ...called it a day? The explosions look kinda lame, there's no contemporary visual effects, lighting is weak, etc.

It is a remaster, not a remake.

Haha no.

Yo Sony - REMAKE WIPEOUT 2097 AKA THE GREATEST WIPEOUT OF THEM ALL! I need that grungy 90's brand of cyberpunk back in my veins.

This collection is great value at that price though.

FAST is really good.

Wipeout is far, far better.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Right after teaching ends for the summer. Oh yes.

Each game has its own career mode, plus there’s a racebox mode which lets you tweak and customise your own races.

This was always a day one purchase for me, but it's nice to finally have confirmation that HD/Fury Campaigns are in as well. :D

soultron

Banned

As someone playing FAST RMX right now, I still don't think the art direction is as strong as any single WipEout game -- the ship/industrial design and graphic design work especially. Some of the tracks in FAST look nicer than they play too. :(

The rainstorms in FAST look pretty wicked though!

If a physical release has been locked for the States, I'll be there on Day One! I haven't bought a new entry in the franchise since the third part on PS1 so I think this will be a fantastic opportunity to step behind the wheel once again.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I don't know Best Buy enough to say exactly, but I think it's too early for pre orders.

Coming soon appears on Best Buy's site for only two reasons (that I know of). 1) It's too early to pre-order 2) They pre-ordered out their original known allotment, but know there will be more available to pre-order.

#2 happened with the Switch, Switch Accessories, Spider-Man on PS4, ..etc.

I just wondered if I missed it. LOL. Timing.

This was always a day one purchase for me, but it's nice to finally have confirmation that HD/Fury Campaigns are in as well. :D

Glad I wasn't the only one confused by the wording of their initial press release :b

Wow that looks awesome! Never heard of this before very cool

Yeah zone mode is almost my favorite part of the HD/Fury/2048 games - HD's rendition was nice but really visually simple, but 2048 amped things up to a full psychedelic meltdown. Basically, there are no other racers and no time limit and you have no control over acceleration (or deceleration). You just keep passing through "zones" which increases your acceleration and you try to keep control for as long as possible. Without exploding :)

Top Bottom