• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you want remade, but never will

Would love a remake of this with more intricate gameplay mechanics and generally updated...everything:

Shadow_Man.jpg

Vagrant Story (updated everything, retain the same combat system at its core)
Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne (P5 engine/SMT Switch engine)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (Fox Engine - Gray Fox, Big Boss, Young Solid Snake)
Forbidden Siren 2 (getting the Siren: Blood Curse treatment)
Drakengard 1 (by Platinum Games overseen by Yoko Taro)
Ogre Battle 64 (getting the Tactics Ogre treatment on PSP)

Vibranium

Banned
The original Witcher and Deus Ex. As much as everyone seems to love them, nobody is willing to modernize them.

I don't believe that the the original Deus Ex could every be properly modernized by today's big studios. You'd absolutely have to keep the swimming, skill points, active melee weapons, non-human enemies and body damage system, and those are things that Human Revolution and Mankind Divided stayed away from. The only team that I'd trust to do it is currently working on System Shock 3.

Better to just let the new games carve their own path.

Final Fantasy V, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve (literally legally impossible to remake it without incurring rights renegotiations), the original Onimusha.

I'm still holding out hope that Resident Evil 3 will get folded into RE2Make somehow.

Fuck. This. So bad.

Also:

- G-Police/2 WoJ
- Nuclear Strike
- Destruction Derby
- Burnout
- Dino Crisis

There's loads more but I'll be even more saddened if I type them all. Definitely need another Dino game though. Gutted the dinosaur game for PS4 isn't happening :I

I didn't know I wanted that but fuck yea to a modern graphics version of Destruction Derby. Me and my friends were AMAZED by the car damage.

mike6467

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars: Tie Fighter

OG Star Wars Galaxies - God damnit they had solid gold on their hands and they fucked it up :(

Ah, No One Lives Forever. I would be interested in a remake , but fear it might be hard to recreate the unique humor.

Oh man, I'd be fine with a sequel. Those games were not appreciated nearly as much as they should've been :(

Skelter

Banned
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Fallout 2
Planescape: Torment, I want a full on remake in the vein of Womderboy.
Baldur's Gate 2, remake just like Torment.
Darklands
Betrayal at Krondor

exfatal

Billy Fucking Hatcher! I'll continue the believe the gaming world is heading to the shits until this is remade in all its glory

Gaming is dead, the best game has come and go. >_> time to move on folks

poodaddy

Megaman X, and I know about Maverick Hunter X, I'm talking about a complete modern reboot. I adore the games, but if my wife is any indication they're just not appealing to new players who didn't grow up playing them.

Lyng

Def Jam: Fight for NY. Or actually just make the next WWE game feel as smooth as Def Jam.

Also Terranigma. Remember my cousin praising that game, but I never managed to play it, would love to try it.

Sapiens

Symfony of the night with widescreen and redrawn graphics at merely twice the Resolution and some more 2d lighting effects - kind of like cave story hd.

GunBR

Xenogears for certain. I doubt it will ever get a remake, but I think it greatly deserves one. As amazing as the game is (still my all time favorite), it was unfinished, so could really benefit from a full remake.

Xenogears. A fully fleshed out Xenogears with a real time action combat system and a complete disc 2 would be great.
Another vote for Xenogears

I think the battle system was already good (maybe a little slow in the gears battles), so I would be happy with just the same game plus a playable second disc and not a visual novel with some dungeons like we had in the original

Harmen

Brutal Legend.

Keep the characters, music, main plot etc. (and expand on it) and rework the core gameplay. Make it play like a cartoony version of Shadow of Mordor and it's sequel. Actually, the new Mordord game looks to have some things in common with Brutal Legend in terms of there being some RTS elements surrounding you as you helm massive sieges.

_Ryo_

Persona 2 duology. Can't handle the gameplay in the original or psp. I want it to be remade with p5 engine. I'm very interested in the story.

Shenmue. I want a complete remake of Shenmue that combines Shenmue 1 and 2 into one game.

Also tossing in another vote for Xenogears. I want to be able to play all the crazy shit they talk about in the summarized parts of Disc 2.

Tareskog

I really want an ue4 remake of the first unreal. I really, REALLY like the campaign in that game.

Came here to mention Unreal 98 myself. I freakin love that game. Replay it once every second year. No more game is more deserving of a HD remake imo. Even though the engine holds up quite good, the world and level design could really benefit from a proper remake.

Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1-4. I'd take a straight port with resurrected online play, but a version with updated graphics would be excellent. Add a brand new Episode 5 and some new items and you have the best game ever.

The card game was underrated as hell and I hate myself every time I think of it because I should have played it online more before the servers were gone forever.

Will hold out hope for a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster forever.

For full-on remake, probably FF6. FF7 gets all the love, but I dream of the opera scene in FF6 with full remake orchestral bombast.

You'd be surprised. I was fortunate enough to see Distant Worlds a couple times and the opera does not translate very well into a full performance. The music is phenomenal, the lyrics...not so much.

"Dracooooo"
"Mariaaaaa"
"MARIIIIIIAAAAAAAA"

Snatcher
Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3
Syphon Filter

I absolutely get remaking SH1 since the graphics have aged like a rotting carcass, but SH2 is pushing it and SH3 does not need a remake. Besides a lower polygon count, SH3 still looks phenomenal for a 14 year old game.

It's amazing how positively dated the more recent SH games look compared to SH3. Good art design is king.

Norse360

Came here to mention Unreal 98 myself. I freakin love that game. Replay it once every second year. No more game is more deserving of a HD remake imo. Even though the engine holds up quite good, the world and level design could really benefit from a proper remake.

I love Unreal. It was so visually stunning back in the day, but I actuall loved the setting, design and atmosphere. The sense of awe I felt has only been recreated a few times actually.

fhqwhgads

My hope for Super Mario Sunshine HD with it's rough edges smoothed out is slowly fading. If Wind Waker is good enough for the treatment Sunshine is too.

Top Bottom