• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Uh, do people not know what I'm talking about? Hold reset, turn NES off to save your game? Am I just too old to ask this?

Reknoc

Wyndstryker said:
This probably needs a thread lol

The question I always wonder about...

How the hell do RPG characters carry all the equipment you pick up. Especially JRPGs and the whole 99 of every item mindset.

Bag of Holding.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Boney said:
They don't know how to pronounce the "A" correctly. Wasn't it the commander who said her last name? You can't get more American general than that.
Are you really claiming the voice actors are wrong? It's not like that's unheard of... but I'd rather think that the voice acting in Sakamoto's newest pet project contains Nintendo's true vision of how to say "Aran".

If anything, other sources for hearing the name "Aran", such as on Captain N, etc., probably got it wrong.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
G-Fex said:
Is the DOOM guy in hell just fighting monsters forever?
The dude from Doom I and II always goes back to Earth.

Don't know about Doom 3. Somebody stayed behind and became a monster, but the marine you play as closes the hellmouth in the end (or something).

I got tired of looking it up on Wikipedia because I figured that, hey, he (you) can do that himself.

Man God said:
Easy.

Fallout games are good.

MGS 4 is terrible. Perlman wins. War never changes.

178076-thumbs_up_large.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Wario64 said:
Uh, do people not know what I'm talking about? Hold reset, turn NES off to save your game? Am I just too old to ask this?

I think the confusion is that you didn't have to do that in order to save your game, but rather to maintain the save data on the battery powered ram chip or something like that. I believe the warning was specifically "Hold reset when turning off the power" and it was only for games with battery saves. I assume the potential consequence of not following the directions would be corrupted save data or a voltage surge or something.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How the fuck do you wall jump in Transformice.

Boney

Banned
BocoDragon said:
Are you really claiming the voice actors are wrong? It's not like that's unheard of... but I'd rather think that the voice acting in Sakamoto's newest pet project contains Nintendo's true vision of how to say "Aran".

If anything, other sources for hearing the name "Aran", such as on Captain N, etc., probably got it wrong.
I'm pretty sure this guy says it "wrong".

Just as if I were to go to America, and everybody would pronounce my name differently because they don't have the correct accent.

Fonetical names should stay the same. Something like Aerithu (Aerith) should not.

BocoDragon

Boney said:
I'm pretty sure this guy says it "wrong".

Just as if I were to go to America, and everybody would pronounce my name differently because they don't have the correct accent.

Fonetical names should stay the same. Something like Aerithu (Aerith) should not.
In English, the "American" way to say the name is the correct way to say it. It's not like Samus or any of the characters in the Metroid universe have any kind of European accents. Just like anything in English from Japan, they probably aim for a Hollywood/USA sound, like it or not.

Otherwise the correct way to say it is "Samusu Aran", Japanese style.

EDIT: Although I see the point of your post now.... you mean he says it like a southern American hick general. I see your point. I still think he's saying "Aran" correctly.

EDIT 2: I also think that if it was "Ah-ran", a southern American accent would overemphasize it, not smooth it over into Air-an. They'd say it like "I-ran" or "I-raq" and overemphasize Ah-Ran.

G-Fex

Mama Robotnik said:
Why does a human monarch rule a kingdom of toads, yoshis goombas, koopas and shyguys?

Doesn't anyone find that to be a bit odd?

It'd be really awful if she was a toad person.

Mama Robotnik said:
Why does a human monarch rule a kingdom of toads, yoshis goombas, koopas and shyguys?

She did more than a few favors to get where she is.

Wyndstryker said:
This probably needs a thread lol

The question I always wonder about...

How the hell do RPG characters carry all the equipment you pick up. Especially JRPGs and the whole 99 of every item mindset.
I can explain the PSO storage system, they have photon packs which hold the items as particles.

The rest? dunno big pants or something.

Mama Robotnik said:

boobs = power, just like real life.

MNC

So I'm on a Super Nintendo nostalgia trip and recently bought DKC1. Already am looking for DKC2. I live in PAL land. What am I missing?

I own:
Mario All-Stars
Mario World
Mario World 2: Yoshi's Story
Plok
Tintin in Tibet :)lol)
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid
Kirby Super Star
Donkey Kong Country 1
Sunset Riders

I can't remember all of them
I'm looking for:
Link to the Past
DKC2

So don't mention those

disappeared said:
Ron Perlman: "War. War never changes."

Snake: "War has changed."

HAS IT OR HASN'T IT!?
Snake is senile and kinda retarded, who the fuck gets into a giant microwave for no reason whatsoever? That and Big Boss IQ was somewhere below average.

Gravijah

MNC said:
So I'm on a Super Nintendo nostalgia trip and recently bought DKC1. Already am looking for DKC2. I live in PAL land. What am I missing?

I own:
Mario All-Stars
Mario World
Plok
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid
Kirby Super Star
Donkey Kong Country 1

Out of the top of my head. I can't remember all of them
I'm looking for:
Link to the Past
DKC2

So don't mention those

OPERATION LOGIC BOMB! DO IT!

:lol

Dandy

MNC said:

I own:
Mario All-Stars
Mario World
Plok
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid
Kirby Super Star
Donkey Kong Country 1

Out of the top of my head. I can't remember all of them
I'm looking for:
Link to the Past
DKC2

So don't mention those
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games

What is the role of an executive producer of a game? Do they make any design or story decisions? Are they there to just get the game "out there"?

If so, what is the difference between a producer and PR?

This isn't meant to be a jab at producers, I just am ignorant on the role they play when a game is made.

Ri'Orius

I'm in the US. I would like to play the International versions of FFX and/or FFXII. What are my options? How easy is it to import the discs? Do I need a European PS2?

Boney

Banned
BocoDragon said:
EDIT: Although I see the point of your post now.... you mean he says it like a southern American hick general. I see your point. I still think he's saying "Aran" correctly.
Yeah I meant it like that. And in Prime 3 it's not as if Sakamoto was involved at all, and nobody cared and they could take some liberties.
My guess that's just the way the actor read it and pronounced it himself. And nobody cares really

Cels said:
why wouldn't it be mario?
So Ryu is Rah - yuh?

BocoDragon

Boney said:
Yeah I meant it like that. And in Prime 3 it's not as if Sakamoto was involved at all, and nobody cared and they could take some liberties.
My guess that's just the way the actor read it and pronounced it himself. And nobody cares really
I think Other M will offer a final answer.

Since we're so close to release, what's the word on Other M anyway? Love Metroid but feel like I don't know much about it. Should I be buying htis?

BocoDragon

Boney said:
Yep, and I don't have a problem with either way really.
Not me... if they pronounce it a different way than in Captain N, it calls the status of its canon into question... There will be a crisis in the fanbase!

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Since we're so close to release, what's the word on Other M anyway? Love Metroid but feel like I don't know much about it. Should I be buying htis?
We don't know concretely yet... but I would be very surprised if Other M isn't something special.

Boney

Banned
DownLikeBCPowder said:
Of course you should you silly. Haven't you checked the new trailers that have been posted?

BocoDragon said:
Not me... if they pronounce it a different way than in Captain N, it calls the status of its canon into question... There will be a crisis in the fanbase!
Captain N's cannon? :lol

Gravijah

I can't believe you people don't know Mario is pronounced mare-e-oh also, in game va doesn't count since vas get stuff wrong all the time

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Dabanton said:
In regards to Mario is he supposed to be human?

And are him and luigi the only people who can visit the mushroom kingdom? what if the whole game was them tripping out in their apartment imagining it all.

Perhaps they're just trapped in their subconsciousnesses.

INCEPTION

i'm sorry

Boney said:
Of course you should you silly. Haven't you checked the new trailers that have been posted?

Captain N's cannon? :lol
No, haven't checked. I saw the one at E3 and thought the game would be pretty sweet (or awful, but trying to be optimistic). Considering Amazon's credit, I don't think I can deny my self, but I hope it rocks.

BocoDragon

Boney

Banned
BocoDragon said:
That's right. Don't you DARE laugh.
I'm so sorry! :lol

But Mario isn't up for debate, it's just a regular itallian name. That's his name, but it's natural to be transformed to fit your own tongue.

DonMigs85

Posted this in the Lunar SSH thread but anyway...
Is there any benefit to ratting out Clyde the gambler, or should I just choose to split his winnings?

Top Bottom