• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protomen concert cancelled by Capcom cease and desist? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nairume said:
They are two of the most prominent characters in the franchise behind Mega Man himself. If Capcom doesn't like that they are using their characters, no matter how little, it is their right to say something.

The Protomen went into this knowing exactly what could happen.

But that doesn't attack the point I made, which is that Act 2 had very little to do with Mega Man. And then names were barely mentioned.

I would not assume they knew what would happen, no.

Zomba13

Is this real then?
I mean if it is it's old. I checked the protomen's website and it's 404ing (well their home page) but their myspace page has them playing gigs recently.

So it's just completely fake then?

Theonik

Awful timing.
Edit:
Golden Darkness said:
So is Seth Killian's twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/sethkillian/status/94853501930311681
Good! I wouldn't want to be in his shoes around this time. seems that every troll on the internet is busting his balls right now.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The next tweet they posted was a friendly reply to a friendly tweet by Seth Killian. lulz.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Good that it's fake. Protomen are amazing, it'd suck if Capcom decided to be assholes over nothing.

Nairume

Banned
hardcastle_mccormick said:
But that doesn't attack the point I made, which is that Act 2 had very little to do with Mega Man. And then names were barely mentioned.

I would not assume they knew what would happen, no.
It doesn't matter how little it has to do with it. That it involves two scientists named Dr. Thomas Light and Dr. Albert Wily creating a series of robots specially designed to take on labor deemed dangerous for humans is enough to put it square within Capcom's right to go after them if they wanted to.

But, as this is a joke, they didn't. So it is all moot.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's fake!? Who the hell takes the time to make up that kind of things!?

I'm sorry for that and can a mod close the thread, please?

Kyzer

Banned
protomen.com needs to be redirected to capcom-unity.com immediately

DAMN. Capcom going HAM.

Oh its fake? Sounds like they flaked on a performance and came up with a bad excuse.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Predicted the entire course of this thread before clicking. Some people are so gullible.

Posting threads with all the qualities of a Fox News headline should be prohibited, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom