• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

CO_Andy

Frank renamed to a function

shaowebb

Anyone got early copies of Marvel yet? I'd like to tune in and see what folks find. I got some ideas for dirty stuff I wanna try with X and Ultron Tags. Really thinking bout X tools...his projectiles have the same sorta shenanigan potential with tags that Arthur's do except X doesn't suffer needless punishments for using meter.

shaowebb

Lol. Fuck thats right its August. My bad. I'm on a shitload of cold meds and I thought the release date was tomorrow.

Too much DBFZ focus :p

Lulubop

I got it, Venmo me son.

Yea really think people have it early, yet we don't even know the last stone? Or if they dis have it, they'd let the world know?

Edit: tomorrow? Damn bro, lol.

shaowebb

Ugh...just slept 13 hours. Any more news come out on DBFZ or MVCI yesterday? With Gamescom coming up things tend to happen.

Also just realized I'm gonna get MVCI fall, then around X-mas Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars should hit. Following that up into next year is the DLC for both it and MVCI leading into Dragonball FighterZ.

Its gonna be a busy quarter for me. Especially with Culdcept Revolt FINALLY being in english and hitting with in a very short distance of MVCI. I honestly dont think I'll need to buy games after all that for nearly a year. Just too much.

shaowebb

God damn nothing feels as good as using Gang Il's armor to absorb the hit on a super then punish that shit. Rock Howard player got stuffed.

I remember before launch thinking Gang Il was the most dull of the bunch shown with all the new faces. He just didn't distinguish himself in that trailer. Hell the dude does Shen Woo "hold that" tactics with his charge stuff similar to Shen Woo's fist when folks would cock it back and make you respect them. Fun stuff. I still prefer Whip or Heart's poke tactics to Luong 's though. Just never could connect with her.

Guess all the SNK talk in that interview made me wanna go back and play some more today. Good times.

So X-Men:Next Dimension (which is a 3D fighting game) has it where you can hold down L2, and then you suddenly have 8-way movement options. You don't just move forward/back/sidestep left/sidestep right, you can straight up move diagonally.

I think DoA and Soulcalibur let you do that without holding any thing!

I don't think DoA does, but I can't speak for Soul Calibur.

This game also lets characters with the ability to fly stay in the air for 10 seconds before coming down. I'm reading up on this game and it's insane how much shit they just threw into this game. It even has charge moves... in a 3D GAME!

Sayad

I don't think DoA does, but I can't speak for Soul Calibur.

This game also lets characters with the ability to fly stay in the air for 10 seconds before coming down. I'm reading up on this game and it's insane how much shit they just threw into this game. It even has charge moves... in a 3D GAME!
Maybe it did pre-5! I remember moving freely in those... Last DoA I played was 2 though!

Some older SC games had you move freely with the analogue and jump/crouch with the d-pad(think the d-pad controls are like Tekken's). Last one I played was 3. :)

MechaX

I finally got around to playing that MvC:I story demo.

It feels kind of like a weird half step between TvC and MvC3, but I appreciate the speed on a lot of these character's normals.

But to be honest, I only came out of it being like "If I got this game, I'm probably only going to play Captain Marvel and Dante until this roster stops being lame as hell."

Top Bottom