• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone "4" available Tuesday (gamestop)

Kallor

Megaton: Sony sneaking PS4 slim and Killzone 4 to stores one week before fat ps4 launch. 5 million units to be available. Sega is proud.

Eusis

You know, this makes me wonder if CBOAT's information on an October release really wasn't that far off, or there was a last minute delay likely for games that needed more time like Watch_Dogs (which would be lame given it got delayed anyway)? The accessories are out, the Sony games are coming out... it seems like by all rights it was ready to go last week.

What would be the point in teasing yourself so early?? That'd be like you cooking a dish and then told not to eat it until 8 hours later but yet you're starving.

Eusis

Well just called my local Gamestop and was told it would be available Nov. 2nd.

Damn it :(
Keep an eye on the internet, either that's when their trucks actually deliver it, there's a really weird last second street date, or they're full of crap.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No text :(

Oh well, it doesn't matter, haha. I'll just grab my copy whenever my GS gets copies in stock so I can stare at it for 2 weeks.

Pop

Keep an eye on the internet, either that's when their trucks actually deliver it, there's a really weird last second street date, or they're full of crap.

Well I know who I was talking too and they aren't the brightest. I'll just head up there tomorrow and see what happens.

Edit: Just got the text :D Looks like I will be able to stare at it for 2 weeks.

Z3M0G

So... did Gamestops receive the game and they are letting people come get it tomorrow? Is that what's going on here?

Portman

Oh great, just like with the Vita. Now I have to stare at games for 2 weeks and imagine playing them. Maybe I'll test Sony's tech support and call asking why my PS3 won't play them but it'd be to hard to be serious on that.

BXsXW0TIQAAWdNI.jpg:large

That was posted by Mr. Heide the executive producer at GG

trephine

Banned
Shadow Fall is the 4th game in the console series, Killzone 4 makes sense. Wonder if I can pick up Knack as well on Tuesday?

At this point Sony should just allow the PS4 to be picked up when they get to the stores.

shadow fall is actually the sixth installation (liberation and mercenary)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
What would be the point in teasing yourself so early?? That'd be like you cooking a dish and then told not to eat it until 8 hours later but yet you're starving.

it's more akin to they've cooked the ultimate meal but you don't have the special plate to put it on. But at least we have the utensil.

Samyy

Just called EBGames (Canada) confirmed they will sell any PS4 first party title as soon as they receive them, including Killzone. Told me they had Knack for sale currently.

Greecian-

Shadow Fall is the 4th game in the console series, Killzone 4 makes sense. Wonder if I can pick up Knack as well on Tuesday?

At this point Sony should just allow the PS4 to be picked up when they get to the stores.

The Taco Bell promotion winners are supposedly getting their consoles early, right? They should just surprise everyone and send them all out early :/

shadow fall is actually the sixth installation (liberation and mercenary)

He meant mainline, obviously.

And didn't a bunch of GG guys keep slipping up and calling it KZ4? I think they're calling it Shadow Fall simply to get not intimidate new comers to the series.

mrpeabody

Last week a Gamestop guy tried to sell me a preorder for Assassin's Creed 3. Some people there don't know their ass from their elbow.

lantus

I got the text as well, don't know if I want to go pick it up though, I don't think I can handle looking at the game for two weeks waiting for my console. :(

GravyButt

My local gs said it was an error in the system. But yet again the guy also said that the controllers werent for sale when the girl next to him was selling one sooooo

Oozer3993

So... did Gamestops receive the game and they are letting people come get it tomorrow? Is that what's going on here?

That's what I'm hoping. I'm expecting it to be just some one accidentally hitting the "Killzone 4" button instead of the "Battlefield 4" button on the Giant Gamestop Preorder Machine (TM).

Top Bottom