• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Did a lot of underdog picks for the main card tomorrow.

Took Johnson over Barry; Belcher over Paul Harris; and Koscheck over Hendricks. Also went with mah boy Bermudez to beat Garza. Not confident at all about that but gotta support the home town hero (note: not from my home town but I saw him fight in it a few times)

Probably but I love me some Belcher. I'm gonna go on the theory that Paul Harris is a one trick pony and Belcher will be able to avoid the leg lock and use some muay thai.

To anybody that has UFC 3 there is a glitch that you can use to make open weight fights so your dream of smashing Jones with Overeem, JDS or CroCop can come true. Its a cool glitch when you fight 1 weight class above or below like LHW vs HW, MW vs LHW etc but really stupid when you do BW vs HW for example. Its goofy as hell when you can toss Carwin around with Faber or using Aldo to rag doll Jones. The game clearly was not made to be played like that but works very well when you fight 1 weight below or above.

I can't wait for Ninja to finally eat some crow when is boy Bones finally loses. Can you imagine the shit storm on here if Hendo knocks him out?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I can't wait for Ninja to finally eat some crow when is boy Bones finally loses. Can you imagine the shit storm on here if Hendo knocks him out?

2cp2t1d.gif

i got a quota to meet

To anybody that has UFC 3 there is a glitch that you can use to make open weight fights so your dream of smashing Jones with Overeem, JDS or CroCop can come true. Its a cool glitch when you fight 1 weight class above or below like LHW vs HW, MW vs LHW etc but really stupid when you do BW vs HW for example. Its goofy as hell when you can toss Carwin around with Faber or using Aldo to rag doll Jones. The game clearly was not made to be played like that but works very well when you fight 1 weight below or above.

Explain

SUPREME1

Banned

No bullshitting, my very good friend lived in the house where the For Sale sign is. Slept over many a night there. Smoked our first J there. Got drunk and puked all over the living room floor there. Ah, good times.

La Mirada Ave, between Vine St. and Cahuenga Blvd., in Hollywood.

I think the house is gone now, bought up by the Armenian private school.

/random facts

Quake1028

I could easily see those upsets happening as well. Which means you should all bet the farm on the favorites. Hell, I've almost finished talking myself into Cotto beating Money Mayweather.

I missed the Miesha Tate interview on last week's Invicta:

I tore the inner and outer sides of my ligaments attached to the muscles and bone. They actually pulled the bone off with the ligament and then I tore all the muscles around that. So it was pretty bad, but you know to me it wasn’t really that bad.
Mmm, for some reason I'm hungry for fried chicken now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
question about the sherdog pick pool... in order to get the boost do you need to have the correct way to win, or just pick the right victor? also, you get points for picking the winner, then more for getting the correct way they won, and still more by round?

Heel

question about the sherdog pick pool... in order to get the boost do you need to have the correct way to win, or just pick the right victor? also, you get points for picking the winner, then more for getting the correct way they won, and still more by round?

Boost is for picking the winner only.

+100 for boost, -50 for wrong
+50 for picking the winner correctly
+30 for picking KO/sub correctly
+30 for picking the round correctly
+60 for picking decision correctly

You have to pick the winner to be elligible for the rest.

yacobod

Banned
Loser's mentality, brah. Prove you know one damn thing about the Ultimate, or embarrass yourself event by event like our good friend poly. I dare you.

It's not my problem that the Ultimate is so diluted that I can't bother to give a fuck about 50% of each event card.

Heel

It's not my problem that the Ultimate is so diluted that I can't bother to give a fuck about 50% of each event card.

Just pick the fights you know? I think it's a great way to add some validity to MMA fans' "I knew that would happen" mentality. Tell us what will happen beforehand, then you can start poppin' off about how you knew he was a can all along.

I've always loved Hendo, even more so when he put Fedor to sleep, so it's a win-win for me. It'd be a great story, like when Foreman won the title at 45, I just don't see much chance for him.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just pick the fights you know? I think it's a great way to add some validity to MMA fans' "I knew that would happen" mentality. Tell us what will happen beforehand, then you can start poppin' off about how you knew he was a can all along.

Or you can call it just in case like i do (but expect the obvious this way you're covered).

No bullshitting, my very good friend lived in the house where the For Sale sign is. Slept over many a night there. Smoked our first J there. Got drunk and puked all over the living room floor there. Ah, good times.

La Mirada Ave, between Vine St. and Cahuenga Blvd., in Hollywood.

I think the house is gone now, bought up by the Armenian private school.

/random facts
damn, craziness.. yeah when I first moved there those houses were still up but they got bulldozed and yeah, now that whole side is armenian stuff, a school and a community center.

A small world, this NeoGAF is.

I've always loved Hendo, even more so when he put Fedor to sleep, so it's a win-win for me. It'd be a great story, like when Foreman won the title at 45, I just don't see much chance for him.

As much as I hate to admit it Hendo really has only 1 weapon to beat Jones and I am sure Jones will be prepared for it and will see it from miles away. Jones is probably watching every single Hendo fight 1000X. Even if Hendo lands one and wobbles him Jones will be recovered across the cage because he keeps his distance, but damn I would love Hendo to win and would make an awesome story. The only way to beat Jones at LHW is to KO him or get a sub. I don't see anybody grinding out a win.

Heel

MMA Comedy Tour continues.

Frank Mir said:
“I’m a lot bigger than (Junior) Dos Santos and I hit a lot harder. I’m a taller, longer athlete … quicker; I’ll constantly pepper him with shots when he comes in and make him pay when I do hit him with something. When I hit Cheick Kongo, the punch alone threw him halfway across the Octagon. On the night of the fight, neither one of us are going to pull any punches. If I catch him with something, I’ll try to hurt him with it.”

Uncle Dana said:
"I'll have a conversation with 'Rampage' and think we're cool, and then I'll read other stuff," he said. "If he's unhappy with us, doesn't like us and doesn't want to be with us anymore, then the feeling is mutual"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Part of me thinks that Mir will sub JDS in the first round.

The other part of me wonders if I had 6 or 7 beers earlier tonight.

dream

Frank Mir beat Nog twice, Mirko, Chuck Kongo, Brock Lesnar, and Big Country Nelson but he can't beat a one dimensional Brazilian Golden Gloves champion?

Heel

Frank Mir beat Nog twice, Mirko, Chuck Kongo, Brock Lesnar, and Big Country Nelson but he can't beat a one dimensional Brazilian Golden Gloves champion?

Not when his punches look like he's wading through a vat of tapioca pudding. Frank is gonna be eating strawberries again.

1) Nog was sick
2) Old Crocop that has no feelings on the right side of his body
3) Was KOd by Nog and miraculously Herb Dean fucked up Nogs chance of winning
4) Got extremely lucky vs a green Lesnar who was getting his ass dominated.

He legit killed Nelson and Kongo though

So yes JDS will embarrass Mir within 60 seconds

dream

1) Nog was sick
2) Old Crocop that has no feelings on the right side of his body
3) Was KOd by Nog and miraculously Herb Dean fucked up Nogs chance of winning
4) Got extremely lucky vs a green Lesnar who was getting his ass dominated.

He legit killed Nelson and Kongo though

So yes JDS will embarrass Mir within 60 seconds

This reminds me of the time I asked our gullible friend polyhedron if he truly believed Alistair Overeem is, was, and always has been a clean fighter and he gave me a laundry list of excuses and qualifiers.

This reminds me of the time I asked our gullible friend polyhedron if he truly believed Alistair Overeem is, was, and always has been a clean fighter and he gave me a laundry list of excuses and qualifiers.
it's called a nuanced response. everything isn't in black and white, some things are complicated.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Also the Cowboy Stadium or Rogers Centre thing. Yeah if they put a fight there that I've already paid for a ticket to see that didn't deliver, ffuuuuu I hope people buy tickets to that shit and someone gets injured. Schadenfreude, bitches.
I'd seriously have to consider Cowboy Stadium. Imagine how big Rampage's head would be on Jerry's Screen. However, the likelihood of a hail of bullets emerging from a DFW crowd due to shit fights is quite high. Those folks just ain't right.

Top Bottom