• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmickfran

Does anybody have the Wii U version on preorder from Amazon?

If so, what's the arrival date for your order? Mine's says March 31. But I also have the Switch version on preorder and it's saying March 3rd of course.

Does anybody have the Wii U version on preorder from Amazon?

If so, what's the arrival date for your order? Mine's says March 31. But I also have the Switch version on preorder and it's saying March 3rd of course.
Mine says April 4.

I'm using Amazon locker which delays the shipping but here they went way overboard

Can someone explain why people keep saying there are 4 pillars around Hyrule Castle?

zelda_breath_of_the_wild_compositrice-01.jpg

I count at least 5 on the official artwork - possibly 6?

Can someone explain why people keep saying there are 4 pillars around Hyrule Castle?

Yeah I think it looks like a regular pentagon shape the way they're laid out. Maybe tied to the 5 tribes/races including the Hylians.
Seems like each one has a character wearing a variation on a blue sash so I'm guessing there is a Gerudo leader we've not seen yet who has one.

Bulbasaur

Banned
In regards to armor; I'm wondering if it will be a case of "whatever has the best buffs for the situation" and everybody will look the same at certain parts of the game, like the water temple/fire temple for example. Or will there be a lot more freedom of choice for the player?

Caelus

Yeah I think it looks like a regular pentagon shape the way they're laid out. Maybe tied to the 5 tribes/races including the Hylians.

So the races we've seen so far:

Hylian
Gerudo
Goron
Zora
Bird(?) (I don't think they're Rito)
Korok

Interesting stuff.

In regards to armor; I'm wondering if it will be a case of "whatever has the best buffs for the situation" and everybody will look the same at certain parts of the game, like the water temple/fire temple for example. Or will there be a lot more freedom of choice for the player?

I think there will be more freedom based on your playstyle. I assume the bulky Hylian armor will produce a lot of sound and therefore be less stealthy, while there's light Shiekah armor with a lower rating but makes less noise.

zeldablue

Seems like each one has a character wearing a variation on a blue sash so I'm guessing there is a Gerudo leader we've not seen yet who has one.

I hope they show a new Gerudo male and hype it up. And then when you meet him, he's like a 5 year old boy playing with toys. lol.

Wait what the hell? All the previous artwork and in-game footage of this only showed 4. It looked pretty clear that there were only 4...

Has anyone seen 5 in actual game footage?

Onikaan

Wait what the hell? All the previous artwork and in-game footage of this only showed 4. It looked pretty clear that there were only 4...

Has anyone seen 5 in actual game footage?

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM SWITCH EVENT - POSSIBLE SPOILERS! https://youtu.be/QKK-SFigmtY?t=14m3s - GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM SWITCH EVENT - POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Best look at the castle we've had I think. The 5th could absolutely be tucked around the back.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Ah ok, I just interpreted them as a riding mount used by the Gerudo.

Well probably that's what they are, but they look like they'll have a bit more personality than just say your horse. We see two flanking Link and the Gerudo girl in the trailer in addition to Link sand surfing with one.

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM SWITCH EVENT - POSSIBLE SPOILERS! https://youtu.be/QKK-SFigmtY?t=14m3s - GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM SWITCH EVENT - POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Best look at the castle we've had I think. The 5th could absolutely be tucked around the back.

It sure doesn't look like there's one back there... but I guess it's possible.

And this art definitely seems to be coming from a different angle than the Great Plateau. So yeah, looks like 5 pillars. Weird!

Caelus

Well probably that's what they are, but they look like they'll have a bit more personality than just say your horse. We see two flanking Link and the Gerudo girl in the trailer in addition to Link sand surfing with one.

I hope so, they're absolutely adorable.

And this art definitely seems to be coming from a different angle than the Great Plateau. So yeah, looks like 5 pillars. Weird!

Only four are visible in the video, but it'd be kind of weird for Ganon to have pillars only blocking the front of the castle... and not behind. :p

Yeah if it's a regular pentagon the 5th one will be impossible to see from the plateau, the art is off to the East, I think you can see the plateau in the distance.

Bulbasaur

Banned
So the races we've seen so far:

Hylian
Gerudo
Goron
Zora
Bird(?) (I don't think they're Rito)
Korok

Interesting stuff.

I think there will be more freedom based on your playstyle. I assume the bulky Hylian armor will produce a lot of sound and therefore be less stealthy, while there's light Shiekah armor with a lower rating but makes less noise.

Riiight! Completely forgot about the noise factor, I tend to play stealth mode where possible so this is very cool!

On closer inspection the "sixth" pillar is just one of the tower spires. But there are definitely 5 pillars which form a pentagon shape in that artwork.

However, this doesn't really fit with the 4 beasts we've seen on the map. The fifth central beast is presumably Ganon and wouldn't be represented by those pillars.

aimjay

Neo Member
On closer inspection the "sixth" pillar is just one of the tower spires. But there are definitely 5 pillars which form a pentagon shape in that artwork.

However, this doesn't really fit with the 4 beasts we've seen on the map. The fifth central beast is presumably Ganon and wouldn't be represented by those pillars.
But proportionally it makes more sense that there are 6 pillars I think, from what I see in the distribution of the pillars in that image

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
This is a bizarre nitpick but I really wish they had carrots instead of spurs to denote your sprinting ability with the horses.

Caelus

"Breath of the Wild" is almost certainly going to be the name of that flower - it's growing out of the "Z" in the logo - have a look:
the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-logo.jpg

I would be really, really happy if they went with that. They stated they went with the game's name to signify the open-world, but I would love this double meaning.

7 dungeons would make sense, each of the large nodes corresponds with the Shiekah colossi, while the smaller nodes might be the environmental dungeons.

I wouldn't worry about the size of each individual one, either. Lord Jabu-Jabu is small on the outside but is basically a fish TARDIS.

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

Obervation about Hyrule Castle....

Does anyone else notice what looks like a MASSIVE tree right behind Hyrule castle? Could this be the Deku tree? It wasn't there at the E3 Demo.

"Breath of the Wild" is almost certainly going to be the name of that flower - it's growing out of the "Z" in the logo - have a look:
the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-logo.jpg

The only reason I kinda doubt this is that during E3 Nintendo said the name was more a reference to the "open-air gameplay" than a specific item in the game. Looking for the quote but I can't seem to find it.

Yonafunu

This is a bizarre nitpick but I really wish they had carrots instead of spurs to denote your sprinting ability with the horses.

Honestly, I wish they'd given horses their own (segmented, maybe) stamina circles instead of spurs. The spurs just look and feel kinda out of place to me. A stamina circle makes more sense, especially when the horse already has a stamina stat.

So, this is to the best of my abilities, let me know of any mistakes or omissions. The coastal areas are hard to pin down, so the windmill town could also be in the south central region.
Eh, it seems like I haven't uncovered much that wasn't in the '16 E3 GameXplain analysis.

Hobbun

7 is way more than most people expect...

Yeah, we'd be lucky to get 4 main dungeons and then 3 side dungeons.

7 is a lot...That's more than Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Minish Cap at least. I'd be content with that for sure.

Maybe “really disappointed” was an overstatement. But with how massive and epic this game appears to be, I was hoping the dungeon quality ‘and’ quantity mirrors that.

I know there will be a lot of shrines, but from my understanding those are mainly going to be relatively small.

Caelus

So, this is to the best of my abilities, let me know of any mistakes or omissions. The coastal areas are hard to pin down, so the windmill town could also be in the south central region.

I overlaid the Shiekah Symbol assuming the eye represented Hyrule Castle (panopticon, anybody?), this might be a close estimate as to the locations of the dungeons on the overworld.

The upper two large nodes align with the Airship and the Death Mountain colossus (slightly off), not sure about the others.

thefil

I'm normally really good at controlling hype. I get excited for games at announcement, and then it doesn't bug me until a few days before release. Haven't had this painful anticipation since... Skyrim?

This fucking game though. Since the new trailer, I can't stop thinking about it (and the Switch). My brain is completely convinced that this will be the greatest Zelda of all time. Maybe it helps that I got a taste when I played it at E3 last year.

43 days to go.

The upper two large nodes align with the Airship and the Death Mountain colossus (slightly off), not sure about the others.

The airship goes all over the place, including south of the snowy mountain. Given that the castle is in the center of the map, the dungeons/bosses placed in a roughly radial arrangement makes sense, regardless of certain symbols.

verbatimo

I'm normally really good at controlling hype. I get excited for games at announcement, and then it doesn't bug me until a few days before release. Haven't had this painful anticipation since... Skyrim?

This fucking game though. Since the new trailer, I can't stop thinking about it (and the Switch). My brain is completely convinced that this will be the greatest Zelda of all time. Maybe it helps that I got a taste when I played it at E3 last year.

43 days to go.

Same here. I don't remember last time, when I was so hyped for a game. Many other incoming games likes Horizon, ME Andromeda, Nioh it's wait and see approach.

Waiting for the next 1,5 months is not easy task.

Fortunately XCOM2 Long War 2 was just released, so that helps to pass time.

The only reason I kinda doubt this is that during E3 Nintendo said the name was more a reference to the "open-air gameplay" than a specific item in the game. Looking for the quote but I can't seem to find it.

Regardless, it's an important item for sure - being in the game logo and also featured so prominently in the launch trailer.

the windmill town could also be in the south central region.

Could this town be Kakariko Village?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom