• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a little messing around with filters and such myself and got this

Before
7117662167_81279679ec_o.png

After

Not the greatest but I feel I found a pretty good balance with the style they are going for while not going overboard with saturation, etc.

What do you guys think?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Will buy if these two make it in.

Tomba is perfect for this.

but Tomba's IP/copyright holder died long ago ,SCE just published the games in the US and don't actually own the IP..here see the copyright line

icEWL.jpg

there is no one for Sony to get the Tomba rights from.

KingK

Your after shot is definitely superior. I think the biggest things they need to do for the graphics are remove the vaseline filter and make the characters look less "plastic-y"

Rattles

but Tomba's IP/copyright holder died long ago ,SCE just published the games in the US and don't actually own the IP..here see the copyright line

there is no one for Sony to get the Tomba rights from.

Its gotta be with someone if Gungho Entertainment were able to publish it on the japanse ps store right?

Alrix

I'm a little salty that Sony is treading on my beloved Smash Bros, but hopefully a little competition between the two will make the next Smash Bros better.

That said, the 2 games to a stage idea is kinda neat.

Luigiv

They should reveal one character a day leading up to E3. That would keep people talking.

I don't think they'd have enough characters to do that. One character a week would do the trick though. Though they'd need a more interesting site than what they have now, they'd need to accompany each announcement with some actual details. Right now the all they have is a list.

I'd only reveal 2 more characters before E3. Then 4 more in the conference using introduction videos and then having them fight on two new stages.

Then I'd do the same at Gamescom. Then I'd reveal one a week until the games release.

Sir Daniel will definitely be the first character I play as. Swords, throwing daggers etc. He'll be ace.

Ravage

I'd only reveal 2 more characters before E3. Then 4 more in the conference using introduction videos and then having them fight on two new stages.

Then I'd do the same at Gamescom. Then I'd reveal one a week until the games release.

Sir Daniel will definitely be the first character I play as. Swords, throwing daggers etc. He'll be ace.

That is a sound plan. The bolded part is what i feel is most important.

It's a long shot, but...

9688.jpg

Nahman Jayden, eff bee eye. Might be a good fit if the developers found a way to utilize his ARi glasses as attacks of some form.

Drencrom

It's a long shot, but...

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/9688.jpg[img]

Nahman Jayden, eff bee eye. Might be a good fit if the developers found a way to utilize his ARi glasses as attacks of some form.[/QUOTE]

I like him in HR but he ain't a good fit for this game. He would just end up like some generic suited dude with a gun, definitely not needed.

Awesome that there's a date for new character reveals, but with quite a few obvious characters like Drake and Cole it makes you wonder how much of it will be news for us.

Drencrom

Tak Fuji as a 3rd party character!
His level 3 super is one million troops barging in on the stage and causing the console to freeze.

12767843927876a8.gif

-viper-

Banned
From what I am reading, Radec only has long-range weapons. When you fight him in Killzone 2, he has a deadly knife attack and teleportation. He should definitely have a knife, although teleportation would probably make him overpowered.

Drencrom

From what I am reading, Radec only has long-range weapons. When you fight him in Killzone 2, he has a deadly knife attack and teleportation. He should definitely have a knife, although teleportation would probably make him overpowered.

That's his grab/throw I guess.

Around 3:30 on the video down the article. (player three)

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/p...04/27/ps-all-stars-battle-royale-preview.aspx

I swear you people will buy anything.

What do you mean, you people?

493899451_tropic_thunder_RDJ_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Edit: beaten

From what I've seen in videos he still has his teleportation and a few close range moves as well. Definitely more of a long range character though.

Can you ppl stop with this shit? So now even revealing characters is copying SSB? Why isn't it copying TTT2? Or SFvT? Or DoA5?...

Because for one, the game is very similar to SSB. To say otherwise is to claim you have no eyeballs.

One of the key aspects of the Dojo was teasing character reveals and drip feeding us information. A comparison isn't the most crazy thing to happen.

One of the key aspects of the Dojo was teasing character reveals and drip feeding us information. A comparison isn't the most crazy thing to happen.
LOL. Oh, wow. You can't be serious. Wait, you're serious?

So apparently teasing content reveals and drip feeding information is an idea that Dojo created and not some fundamental marketing principle that has been occurring since forever?

Loudninja

Because for one, the game is very similar to SSB. To say otherwise is to claim you have no eyeballs.

Hahaha man.

Really are you kidding me?

LOL. Oh, wow. You can't be serious. Wait, you're serious?

So apparently teasing content reveals and drip feeding information is an idea that Dojo created and not some fundamental marketing principle that has been occurring since forever?
Its getting really absurd, first that stuff nonsense about the colors now this.

Luigiv

I swear you people will buy anything.

But we haven't bought anything yet.

Anyway, whilst I can't speak for everyone, I'm not exactly sold on the game yet myself. Just intrigued enough by the unique KO system to keep an eye on it until I can try it out for myself and form a real opinion.

KongRudi

Banned
I have a cool idea for a level-mashup, It's basically a shopping-mall level, with Heavy Rain's Ethan Mars walking around in the shopping mall, searching for Jason, after a while Prince of Cosmos from Katamari come through the level and starts rolling everything up, and when the timer runs out, the Katamari-ball will be big enough and he rolls it directly at the screen, and you'll see Ethan Mars, Jason and all the fighters beeing rolled up in the ball.
That would be sweet, and you could get some non-fighting characthers into the game. :)

That doesn't mean everything in the game is directly copying Nintendo... I mean... first it was blue red green and yellow, now it's because they're revealing characters from time to time...

You mean just like countless other fighters before it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom