• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kenzodielocke
(08-22-2016, 09:39 PM)
I want to complain about the 12h delay on PC for me. Thanks for reading, have fun with the game, I am out.
Jeffrey
(08-22-2016, 09:39 PM)

Originally Posted by nOoblet16

My spoiler free impressions from the other thread.

how much of the game are you in trenchcoat? Hated how you had it off most of HR.
daxter01
8/8/2010 Blackace was here
(08-22-2016, 09:40 PM)
For those who are undecided between pc and ps4 get it on pc. On PS4 At the hub prague street'sframe rate goes down to single digit sometimes. It seems to be a streaming issue And its very annoying. Game is 30 fps locket indoors and mission areas though
shinobi602
Daddy Goggles Groupô
Member in good standing
(08-22-2016, 09:40 PM)
PS4 copy in the mail now.

Come to daddy.
Kyrios
(08-22-2016, 09:41 PM)

Originally Posted by shinobi602

PS4 copy in the mail now.

Come to daddy.

FINALLY get to do one of these lmao
calder
Awesome Овечкин
Овечкин is awesome
Aww crap it unlocks at 2am here (so midnight pacific) instead of the midnight Eastern of some games. Really would have liked to play it an hour or so tonight but oh well tomorrow after work I guess.

Really loved HR, excited for more! Hopefully I don't get frustrated and kill 3 random goons in my no-kill play through. ;)
Carlius

Originally Posted by Kenzodielocke

I want to complain about the 12h delay on PC for me. Thanks for reading, have fun with the game, I am out.

same here. cancelled my pre order. screw that shit.
Tecnniqe
Would die a thousand deaths just for one gun
(08-22-2016, 09:42 PM)
You're canceling your pre-order over the (unless im mistaken) default Steam release time?
Greenpaint
(08-22-2016, 09:43 PM)
Yeaaah! So excited. It will unlock tomorrow perfectly when I get off work. My media blackout has worked perfectly so I get to go in as I prefer, 99%+ blind.

Hardest difficulty stealth walkthrough gogogo!
LowRoller
(08-22-2016, 09:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Kenzodielocke

Yep that really sucks. Probably should have gone with ps4. I don't want to wait anymore.
Wallach
(08-22-2016, 09:46 PM)
wait why the fuck are they delaying the PC unlock when it is already pre-loaded
Xumbrega
Awww yess, can't wait!!

Beautiful OT.
Valkyri von Thanatos

My spoiler free impressions from the other thread.

Thank you for the impressions, and thank you for your discretion by making them spoiler free. Your comments about the story in particular are relieving. I hope Eidos Montreal patches up hub performance, since I can't see why the primary platform of the game should struggle to reach target framerates at any time but an intense fight maybe. Aside from ttha though, can't wait to play it tomorrow.
Lashley
I'm pissed about the extra wait in the UK, but not enough to cancel my pre-order.

WW releases need to fuck off though. Sick of getting shafted.
Morts
(08-22-2016, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by daxter01

For those who are undecided between pc and ps4 get it on pc. On PS4 At the hub prague street'sframe rate goes down to single digit sometimes. It seems to be a streaming issue And its very annoying. Game is 30 fps locket indoors and mission areas though

Gross. Save us, Neo.
Golden_Pigeon
(08-22-2016, 09:48 PM)
Rejoice PC users, tantric sexuals precepts apply to gaming.
Last edited by Golden_Pigeon; 08-22-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Valkyri von Thanatos
(08-22-2016, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Greenpaint

Yeaaah! So excited. It will unlock tomorrow perfectly when I get off work. My media blackout has worked perfectly so I get to go in as I prefer, 99%+ blind.

Hardest difficulty stealth walkthrough gogogo!

I was too weak to do this, it sounds like it'll be even more exciting for you though! Maybe I should try with the next game, which hopefully will be a wait of 3-4 years and not 5, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to handle such an extensive blackout for a franchise I love like this. I commend your discipline!
jmizzal
(08-22-2016, 09:49 PM)
I asked and i'm ready
Gozer the Gozerian
(08-22-2016, 09:50 PM)
Holy shit how was I not aware of this Breach mode, the graphics style in that looks insanely gorgeous

edit:
Gamer @ Heart
(08-22-2016, 09:51 PM)
Is there a new game plus?

I want my subsequent playthrough to enjoy tge benefits of certain augs early on.
Nzyme32
Digital Foundry - First Look / Framerate
growndhog
Pre ordered and ready to play at midnight tonight, been so looking forward to this game, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.
Garrett Hawke
(08-22-2016, 09:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Nzyme32

That sharpening filter... Ew

Hope it can be turned off via ini files because no thanks.
nOoblet16

Originally Posted by Jeffrey

how much of the game are you in trenchcoat? Hated how you had it off most of HR.

That's the one thing I actually can't recall lol
But I think a you are in for a lot of them.

Also there is an outfit option where you can select, you I assume you'll probably be able to select the trench coat outfit from HR freely (It wasn't available to download when I played it).
Valkyri von Thanatos

Originally Posted by Morts

Gross. Save us, Neo.

No, NEO needs to not become a crutch for developers. I'm sure they can optimize it further with time and patching, they just need to give it some work post-launch. NEO's enhancements should only ever be accepted if they bring a well performing game some graphical enhancements, not if it is used to just fix bad performance in certain sections. FFXV I worry will be the true culprit in failing to optimize for base consoles properly.

Originally Posted by Golden_Pigeon

Rejoice PC users, tantric sexuals precepts applies to gaming.

Uh, what? Was this a typo?

Edit:

Originally Posted by Garrett Hawke

It's a graphics setting on PC. I really hope they follow in DOOM's footsteps and provide the option to turn off the post-process filters like chromatic abberation and sharpening on consoles as well. Turning off a feature should be graphics settings that play nice with consoles, since it should logically improve performance or at least not affect it at all.
Last edited by Valkyri von Thanatos; 08-22-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Tovarisc
(08-22-2016, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Garrett Hawke

.ini? It's Nixxes port, sharpen and CA toggles are in-game menus!
nOoblet16
(08-22-2016, 09:56 PM)

This is absolutely false.
It dips in one location heavily than the others, specifically the one near monument station..that's the worst dip you'll get in the game and I can easily tell it's in the low 20s..but only for a few seconds before it catches up.

I have played close to 30hours of this game and nowhere does it go even in the teens, I can tell because I am extrenely sensitive to framerate and am able to approximate what it is more often than not.

Single digit means you actually have freezes and animations skipping lots of movements.
Last edited by nOoblet16; 08-22-2016 at 09:58 PM.
KainXVIII
(08-22-2016, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Nzyme32

40 seconds loading on death, yikes.
thenexus6
(08-22-2016, 09:58 PM)
I got it on Saturday and put in maybe 8-10 hours so far. I am enjoying it so much. Very happy with what i've seen so far.
Kyrios
(08-22-2016, 09:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Gamer @ Heart

I want my subsequent playthrough to enjoy tge benefits of certain augs early on.

Yes, New Game+ is confirmed.
nOoblet16
(08-22-2016, 09:59 PM)

Originally Posted by KainXVIII

Yep that's the worst part about the performance, it can be lower when playing in non hub areas btw.
MMarston
(08-22-2016, 10:01 PM)

I really hope I don't get stuck in a combat segment then.
nOoblet16

Originally Posted by Gamer @ Heart

Yes you retain all augs AND all weapons+equipments. One of the things about playing early areas with all augs is that it opens up the gameplay considerably.
mbpm1
I wonder if I can even play this. I didn't have great performance on average settings with HR
SeanTSC
Just got my copy from Best Buy in the mail. \o/
Tecnniqe
Would die a thousand deaths just for one gun
(08-22-2016, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Tovarisc

.ini? It's Nixxes port, sharpen and CA toggles are in-game menus!

Based Nixxes
kanuuna
I heard the PC version has plenty of options for the HUD, is anyone with the game able to drop a screenshot of the options on consoles?
Static Veins
My copy arrived today, put in a few hours. Absolutely loving it so far. Prague is an amazing hub city; gives me strong City 17 vibes.
Orin GA
I wish I could hat you to death

Bloodborne players will like this.
ymgve
(08-22-2016, 10:03 PM)
Are XP bonuses for getting stealthily through a section still in like in HR?
Nielm
(08-22-2016, 10:03 PM)

One more day.
MasterMenace
(08-22-2016, 10:04 PM)

This is absolutely false.
It dips in one location heavily than the others, specifically the one near monument station..that's the worst dip you'll get in the game and I can easily tell it's in the low 20s..but only for a few seconds before it catches up.

I have played close to 30hours of this game and nowhere does it go even in the teens, I can tell because I am extrenely sensitive to framerate and am able to approximate what it is more often than not.

Single digit means you actually have freezes and animations skipping lots of movements.

How long are loading times for PS4? DF vid says 30s for PS4 and 40s for Xbox One.
quackamole
The steam unlock time is bullshit. Glad I didn't have to pay full price for the game.
WhiskerFrisker
Managed to snag a copy! Going home to play.
Sumio Mondo
(08-22-2016, 10:05 PM)
On a late shift tomorrow...my sleep the next day will be bad but I am so playing this that same night. Fuck sleep, I asked for this. Can't wait to see Jensen beep bopping to Michael McCann's mad tunage! Let's do this.

It's been a long wait since the last game. Hoo man. Cyberpunk 4 life.
daxter01
8/8/2010 Blackace was here
(08-22-2016, 10:05 PM)

I have lots of freezes near police station and one the metro stations at nightime maybe its my ps4
nOoblet16
(08-22-2016, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by MasterMenace

How long are loading times for PS4? DF vid says 30s for PS4 and 40s for Xbox One.

20-30 in hubs around 15 for non hubs...I think.

I have lots of freezes near police station and one the metro stations at nightime maybe its my ps4

It's most likely that, I never encountered something like that.
Sumio Mondo
(08-22-2016, 10:07 PM)

How many bosses in this one and can you let me know if Malik or Pritchard appear at all?
deoee
(08-22-2016, 10:08 PM)
You should put the disgusting DLC packs you can buy into the OT.

Other than that, great job :)
Kenzodielocke
(08-22-2016, 10:08 PM)

It's most likely that, I never encountered something like that.

I think that is fine. XB1 with 40s is a bit too much for my taste, but I could tolarete the hub loading. Also, dying in the hub will probably not occur that often.