• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Season 8 Official Comic-Con Trailer

dustyherb

Comic Spoilers:
After the time skip, after Negan breaks Rick's leg.
Comic spoilers:
You think there's a chance Rick loses his hand this season as well? I know it was already supposed to happen but I just have a feeling it might. They wouldn't have to green screen his hand very long now since he gets the prosthetic after the time skip.

GavinUK86

As far as that end bit goes, it just looks like their staying true to the comics. If you want to know then click the tags right above this post. I don't think it's a dream or some other weird shit like that. It's pretty obvious what it is to comic fans.

Corpsepyre

Banned
As far as that end bit goes, it just looks like their staying true to the comics. If you want to know then click the tags right above this post. I don't think it's a dream or some other weird shit like that. It's pretty obvious what it is to comic fans.

OK, so does the spoiler mean it gets better as a story?

But does a long time pass? because Rick looks like Jesus here with white beard and all.

Is season 7 as bad as I hear? I still have not caught up after hearing nothing but bad things about that season. Is it worth catching up on?

It's so bad that I'm having trouble conjuring up any excitement over this trailer. Probably would have been better as a binge watch. It's comparable to Season 4, aka the walking season where nothing really happens until the mid/finale

kevin1025

Banned
I suspect that change in format will either be end of the mid-season finale or the end of the season finale. If they are already teasing it then I suspect it will be sooner rather than later.

Likely they'll do long ass tease flashforwards every few episodes and still not get there till next season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Comic Spoiler:
Five Years.

(comic spoiler)
It could be an even bigger jump in the show though!
but probably not if they want to keep Chandler Riggs as Carl, since a bigger jump would require a recast. Then again, there were rumors of Chandler wanting to leave the show so he could go to college...

RangerX

Banned
Jesus how many variations of Rick giving a rousing speech about fighting back have we heard in the show now. Also Negan's shit pants line was beyond awful.

border

I am actually disappointed they are COMIC SPOILER
giving away the time skip in a trailer.
That would have actually been kind of a shocking surprise to audiences that would have generated some buzz. Now everyone sees it coming.

Corpsepyre

Banned
(comic spoiler)
It could be an even bigger jump in the show though!
but probably not if they want to keep Chandler Riggs as Carl, since a bigger jump would require a recast. Then again, there were rumors of Chandler wanting to leave the show so he could go to college...

Wonder how that's going to work out.

Sojiroh

Neo Member
OMFG this zombie looks terrible

MDoRb02.png

Corpsepyre

Banned
I kinda want this series to end now. It's good to absolutely awful sometimes but I need more good.

There's so much they can do with it, yet the showrunner and the writers keep holding it back. Fear's doing sooooooo much better than this right now, and I started out HATING that one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Walking Dead is still one of the most popular show on AMC

It's not just one of the most popular for AMC - it's far and away the single highest rated show on cable TV. (but I think Game of Thrones is bigger it when you factor in all the repeats and on demand viewership and whatnot) It's also bigger than about all but 2 or 3 shows on broadcast, in total viewers. In the demo it's #1.

being that this is AMC I though they would drag this out

This isn't a thing.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
That trailer was terrible....looks like another season of eye rolls and frustration to me. We all know that buildup to the war itself is going to take the 1st half of the season and they'll end the mid season finale when everyone is in place about to battle.

i started watching. heard negan talking about shit pants and just closed it. i cant watch 5 minutes of this. ill see it in the fall.

jonezer4

Literally bored watching a trailer. How is that even possible? Couldn't get through it. No wonder I can't watch the show.

number11

I actually enjoyed watching this show.. but the last 1-2 seasons made me realise nothing is ever gonna happen. It sucks that I invested so much time into it, but at the same time I have no desire to keep watching.

border

That trailer was terrible....looks like another season of eye rolls and frustration to me. We all know that buildup to the war itself is going to take the 1st half of the season and they'll end the mid season finale when everyone is in place about to battle.
This trailer is pretty much confirmation that the war against Negan will be over in 8 episodes.

ColonelT

I'm glad they are finally getting to the SPOILER and I hope it happens no later than mid-season. Show is in desperate need of a shake-up.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this season. However, if they don't have
Rick walking around Alexandria after the time skip
set to Johnny Cash's "When The Man Comes Around", I may pout. Hell, I may even threaten to never watch again only to tune in the following week.

I stopped on season 7 and then came back later and powered through it. It got better, but then again, I think walking dead is best when you binge watch

Ecotic

I stopped watching Fear the Walking Dead and am now going to skip TWD from now on, I'll catch the opener and finale, maybe.

Top Bottom